Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Orions Lord posted:

I assume there is no news at the moment?

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Orions Lord posted:

I assume there is no news at the moment?

CIG approved news now seems to be linked to sales.

There should be a sale very soon. Above shows the Friday and weekend bump, but the daily figure should continue to slowly decay over time without sales.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

You best learn the lingo of the 'verse.
This is how Star Citizens speak, and we better get fluent for when we come crawling back to this game we never played or spent money on.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

CIG approved news now seems to be linked to sales.

There should be a sale very soon. Above shows the Friday and weekend bump, but the daily figure should continue to slowly decay over time without sales.

It'll be fun to see how they'll try to build hype for 2.6.1, now that Citizens have come to terms with the fact that 3.0 is shelved/trashed

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Im bored and feel this is as relevant as ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf31MzNgnNk

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Just a chill dude non-angrily engaging strangers in polite discussion

that is like me coming off cymbalta. I cant control my rage. it shuts down my thought process and controls. Only with anger though and I go on a retarded rampage.
you cant help it. Already destroyed 1 keyboard and ripped the vive off my head and threw it (landed on the couch). If he isnt in that situation he needs help.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Anyone have a list of thread title changes? They just keep getting better.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

intardnation posted:

that is like me coming off cymbalta. I cant control my rage. it shuts down my thought process and controls. Only with anger though and I go on a retarded rampage.
you cant help it. Already destroyed 1 keyboard and ripped the vive off my head and threw it (landed on the couch). If he isnt in that situation he needs help.

Never go full caveman.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Nice piece of fish posted:

Anyone have a list of thread title changes? They just keep getting better.

I dunno.. Sunk Cost Galaxy was p special

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

They should customize their crash message further and just advertise the latest ship sale at the time they release the build. "Buy an Aegis Terrapin."

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm not sure just giving money to someone without getting a financial stake in their project counts as an investment.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Randarkman posted:

I'm not sure just giving money to someone without getting a financial stake in their project counts as an investment.

"But we've been calling it an investment for over a month therefore "

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:yikes:

:barf:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You best learn the lingo of the 'verse.
This is how Star Citizens speak, and we better get fluent for when we come crawling back to this game we never played or spent money on.

https://youtu.be/rRQijskAMp4?t=3

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Why settle for less?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=780372339

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Female space suit models are going to have a sternum cracker. I'm calling it now. There is no way it pans out any other way, both from the perspective that SC nerds are sex mad loons who crave seeing titties everywhere, and CIG are idiots who can't design something that looks real world applicable.

(A sternum cracker is a rigid breastplate with a "cleavage". This essentially turns the breastplate into an axe strapped to your body.)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Maybe they'll take a cue from the new Conan game that just came out last night

Fully modeled genitals on both male and female , jiggle physics included

It's so obviously pandering to the 13 year old boy crowd it's almost ridiculous

If the game wasn't just another boring rust / ark copy and paste, it would almost be funny

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Common sense sci fi armour

Oh look, it's the same as the male armour.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Will Star Citizen be as progressive as a 1980's action movie?

Probably not.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Xaerael posted:

Yeah, the tall girl on the right is wearing the same as the other gunner.

While most female armors desing (outside of some modern FPS) are super dumb, the usual female "boobs plate" style is the worst since it could help catch glancing blow and focus them inward on your chest area. Its like the horny helmet had an incest baby with the giant pauldron then dropped it on the head level of stupid.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 31, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

sternum cracker

lmao I haven't heard that before, gotta write that down

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

aleksendr posted:

Yeah, the tall girl on the right is wearing the same as the other gunner.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Truga posted:

lmao I haven't heard that before, gotta write that down

If I have any triggers, loving stupid idiotic armour designs that threatens it's wearer more than it protects them is one of them.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

If I have any triggers, loving stupid idiotic armour designs that threatens it's wearer more than it protects them is one of them.

Every piece of armor designed since the end of the 100 years war, then?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What kind of sicko would want their investment back?

A filthy sicko.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hey roberts, you ever been mistaken for a man?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Hav posted:

Every piece of armor designed since the end of the 100 years war, then?

You could argue late sengoku period japanese armor (1530+) where pretty good, able to stop early muskets bullets due the the composite construction of 10-16 oz buffalo leather and metal plates.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 31, 2017

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

"It's our chance to take a CIG developer, put them on the hot-seat and answer as many questions from Star Citizen subscribers as they can in under 2 minutes."

It's Ben Lesnick and I'm dead. :vince:

spacetoaster posted:

That's really bad. Like, REALLY bad.

However if you forgot what a full body cringe feels like and wanna see the latest in CIG self-owns, it's pretty good.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 31, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The dudes comparing CDPR to CIG just weird me out. How the gently caress don't they see how bad CIG looks when compared to them?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The dudes comparing CDPR to CIG just weird me out. How the gently caress don't they see how bad CIG looks when compared to them?

I downvoted that comment because he missed step 2a: Concept Sale.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chunjee posted:

"It's our chance to take a CIG developer, put them on the hot-seat and answer as many questions from Star Citizen subscribers as they can in under 2 minutes."

It's Ben Lesnick and I'm dead. :vince:

However if you forgot what a full body cringe feels like and wanna see the latest in CIG self-owns, it's pretty good.

I'm not watching the video but that jpeg tells me it's probably hilariously awkward

And what is a buy back token ? Did they make this whole show up just to introduce another mechanic to make money ?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
more rapeasaurus funny's that I stumbled across:

This one starts getting good at about 5 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4KUVl6BtE4

This one is great all around from T-posed floor gliding commando. Just imagine having the emotionally invested patience to die repeatedly, start over at a different space station to get glitch killed 20 seconds into showing back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4leFrga2Tk

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 31, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

I'm not watching the video but that jpeg tells me it's probably hilariously awkward

And what is a buy back token ? Did they make this whole show up just to introduce another mechanic to make money ?

every 3 months they let you repurchase something you melt

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TrustmeImLegit posted:

So yes

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

How magnanimous of them.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Have they mentioned this buy back before ? Or did they trot Ben out just to introduce it

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Xaerael posted:

The guy on the left isn't wearing any bodyarmor at all.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Did someone tell this dogge about Star Citizen?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Have they mentioned this buy back before ? Or did they trot Ben out just to introduce it

It's been around for quite awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's been around for quite awhile.

Ok well help me out here with insulting the fat man

Oh I got it

Ben diabeetus