Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My original fanfic do not steal wish is that if they do make Crazy Diamond and Pearl Jam, apart from basing it off of Star Platinum, they give the Sinnoh starters Megas instead of exclusive Z-Moves and specifically Infernape gets a li'l cloud and staff in his Mega and gets Levitate as his ability. Oh, and let him learn Aura Sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

So Beedrillite and Mawilite are coming out next month as entry gifts for a competition.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Unlike Heatmor, however, Durant is cool and good and powerful. Use Durant more often.

Yes! :grin:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Ugh, what a lovely distribution method.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tomie knows me posted:

Ugh, what a lovely distribution method.

Yeah. It's going to leave a lot of people missing out on the items because they're not constantly checking out internet Pokémon sites. And usually these competitions last like a week, right? At least the mythical Pokémon giveaways are almost a month long.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pidgeotite when

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Golden Gael posted:

So Beedrillite and Mawilite are coming out next month as entry gifts for a competition.

This is what I suspected they were going to do - drip feed the mega stones over the length of generation 7

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah. It's going to leave a lot of people missing out on the items because they're not constantly checking out internet Pokémon sites. And usually these competitions last like a week, right? At least the mythical Pokémon giveaways are almost a month long.

They're like a weekend, and the timing is weird because it's based on like GMT or something so they start at like 6pm Thursday and end on 6pm Sunday for me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Golden Gael posted:

Yes. Time to bring Ashley the Mawile out of Bank, I guess!

Speaking of competitions, when/how do I get my 50 BP for fighting the bare minimum of matches during the latest one?

Maybe for next competition I'll actually put in some effort...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Silver Falcon posted:

Yes. Time to bring Ashley the Mawile out of Bank, I guess!

Speaking of competitions, when/how do I get my 50 BP for fighting the bare minimum of matches during the latest one?

Maybe for next competition I'll actually put in some effort...

You'll get a code in a couple weeks for it on the GL website.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It'd be a fantastic move on a better attacker (Fire-type Crunch w/ 100% defense drop? That's a crazy wall-busting move) but unfortunately physical Fire-types are few and far between, and it's such a specifically designed move that they'll never give it to anything else because ~flavor~

They'll give Fire Lash to Incineroar in Pokémon Stars

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they're going to ban for hacking then making stuff exclusive to people that can only go to small real world events is awful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its cool actually

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they're going to ban for hacking then making stuff exclusive to people that can only go to small real world events is awful.

Don't be dramatic, they can't tell the difference between a hacked Mega Stone an a legit one so nobody will be banned for having a hacked one after legit ones are given out at the competition.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is going to be for an online competition, not a real world one.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Oh so this is an online thing, not some actuall real world tournament you have to go to?

Do I actually have to participate or can I just sign up and nab the stones?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avalerion posted:

Oh so this is an online thing, not some actuall real world tournament you have to go to?

Do I actually have to participate or can I just sign up and nab the stones?

They havent announced it yet but you usually have to at least play a few games.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Imagine if they changed it so you had to place over a certain ranking to win the prize. Hopefully it's just the usual play three games.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Starsnostars posted:

Imagine if they changed it so you had to place over a certain ranking to win the prize. Hopefully it's just the usual play three games.

There were a few prizes in the last generation you had to be in the top 100 to get, so the precedent is there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Breeding komalas seems unethical.

edit: you are not allowed to name a pokemon GHB

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 30, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Did the Global Mission for island scans succeed or fail?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MacheteZombie posted:

Did the Global Mission for island scans succeed or fail?

Fail, it got to 661,839 out of a million.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Breeding komalas seems unethical.
How much could it possibly annnoy them if they won't even bother to wake up?

I dunno, there's so much cool stuff in Gen VII which is nigh unusable outside of a Trick Room team due to poor speed. (Or more likely, poor speed and insufficient bulk to tank hits. Looking at you, Komala.) Speaking of, how's Drampa as a special wall? No 4x weaknesses, potentially immune to Grass-types, and it gets Roost. Seems like you could combine it with Calm Mind to make it absurdly strong. Only trouble is, I'm not sure what the best coverage moves are for attacks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sadly Drampa's utility begins and ends at Hyper Voice spam in Doubles, at least until Showdown's tiers coagulate a bit more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Countblanc posted:

Sadly Drampa's utility begins and ends at Hyper Voice spam in Doubles, at least until Showdown's tiers coagulate a bit more.

It gets Cloud Nine which is a really good doubles ability for loving up weather teams.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Countblanc posted:

Drampa's utility can also include using Roost to get repeated beserk boost.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
It's real.

The Magnemite Coil is back. :unsmith:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What would be a good third mon for a celesteela and pheromosa team for battle tree/battle spot? Thinking maybe one of the tapus?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/826360932733485058

Sun and Moon have sold pretty fuckin well.

Also QR teams and Friendly Competitions are up on the Global Link.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Man, BW2 sold like poo poo for being two games.

E: Relatively to the rest of that list of course.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

AlphaKretin posted:

Man, BW2 sold like poo poo for being two games.

E: Relatively to the rest of that list of course.

it's numbers are in line with the other 'third version' games (except yellow, obviously) despite being way more elaborate than those were. kind of a shame really

I think this shows us why it was a smart move to skip Z and go straight to sun/moon though. they're easily on track to surpass almost everything before them

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
If I want to play the older games before getting to Sun/Moon, but still want to get all the limited release stuff I've been reading, do I have to be at a certain point in Sun/Moon to do that?

I'd like to save Sun/Moon till the end but don't want to miss out on certain items while I'm doing that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Cbear posted:

If I want to play the older games before getting to Sun/Moon, but still want to get all the limited release stuff I've been reading, do I have to be at a certain point in Sun/Moon to do that?

I'd like to save Sun/Moon till the end but don't want to miss out on certain items while I'm doing that.

People can always trade you stuff you're missing, it's not a big deal, there's nothing too amazing you'll miss. Just play older games and be annoyed about actual event related stuff you can never get again, like every single Gen 3 island ticket. I personally won't even bother entering the Mega stone competitions, I'll just hack them in when they become available.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/826360932733485058

Sun and Moon have sold pretty fuckin well.

Also QR teams and Friendly Competitions are up on the Global Link.

at first i was thinking that the numbers for B/R/G were insane but i guess really it's in-line with the other games, it just had a third game to put it over the edge

very happy yellow is the clear 3rd game winner tho, can't wait for the remake that's happening any day now

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Looking at those numbers, I can see why they don't do third versions anymore. It's a pity, though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Looking at those numbers, I can see why they don't do third versions anymore. It's a pity, though.

after the massive sales drop from d/p to platnium i'm surprised they even tried with b2/w2

which is a shame since if i ignore my nostalgia for yellow those were the best third versions to me

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Silver Falcon posted:

It's not clear that developing a third version is as expensive as developing the first pair. If it's much cheaper, it could be economical even if it sells many fewer copies. I would think it has as much to do with the release timetable they decide to follow.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

after the massive sales drop from d/p to platnium

From 8.5 million a version to 7.5 million a version?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

TheKingofSprings posted:

From 8.5 million a version to 7.5 million a version?

This again assumes that producing just one version is half as expensive as producing both, which is definitely not true since they're identical technology wise and almost identical in terms of assets and behaviour. The main cost added by side-by-side development of the second game is going to be in additional testing, but it's not going to be anywhere near double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'd be glad for no more third versions, rather just put those improvements into the first game to start with or save them for the next.