Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Just standing here in the gym PR'd 365x3x5 deadlifts which I'm happy with. Ive always heard that's too much volume but it seems to work for me so :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Congrats deadlift buddy. I recently sumo'd 315 4,3, and 3 reps out of each set. First time I've been that mighty since I made a hamstring angry with me. Feeling like I'll be able to add weight to that in the weeks to come if I don't go full retard and injure myself in the most pathetic way possible. So easy to move the wrong way walking around and gently caress your self up.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Hey guys have you heard of this gym

Planet FATness

Get it? FAT? Lmao

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Constipated posted:

Congrats deadlift buddy. I recently sumo'd 315 4,3, and 3 reps out of each set. First time I've been that mighty since I made a hamstring angry with me. Feeling like I'll be able to add weight to that in the weeks to come if I don't go full retard and injure myself in the most pathetic way possible. So easy to move the wrong way walking around and gently caress your self up.

Thanks bro! Ive always had trouble with deadlifts but once I got my form dialed it they took off around when my 5rm was 3 plates, hopefully your luck is the same.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey guys have you heard of this gym

Planet FATness

Get it? FAT? Lmao
more like FOLDS Gym!

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
First meet ever results:
Squat: 330
Bench: 185
DL: 325
All PRs. All fairly easy. Definitely didn't make big enough jumps between attempts. Absolutely the nicest people I've ever seen at an athletic event.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

First meet ever results:
Squat: 330
Bench: 185
DL: 325
All PRs. All fairly easy. Definitely didn't make big enough jumps between attempts. Absolutely the nicest people I've ever seen at an athletic event.

Nice job dude. That's also been my experience with people at meets unless they're "famous" powerlifters, then then it's like a 90% chance that they're super nice.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Decided to switch to pure hypertrophy for now due to not wanting to try to set new strength PRs when I'm not getting a lot of sleep. Today's shoulder status is cant lift my arms above waist level.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I fully intend to grow such an amazing back that my lats start to grow over me and encapsulate me into a shell of muscle. This muscle will protect me from all forces that are not pulling movements. I will grow my spinal erectors into massive cobras that J Lo will have to escape from. When I flex my lats I intend to have them shoot out and around me and I will do so in times of panic and I will roll away as a muscle ball of lat.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Cobra Commander posted:

I fully intend to grow such an amazing back that my lats start to grow over me and encapsulate me into a shell of muscle. This muscle will protect me from all forces that are not pulling movements. I will grow my spinal erectors into massive cobras that J Lo will have to escape from. When I flex my lats I intend to have them shoot out and around me and I will do so in times of panic and I will roll away as a muscle ball of lat.

theoretically how many steroids do i have to inject into my testicles to cause this

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thumbs up to that

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

lifted a weight today

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to see some untrained person do a suicide blast n cruise and train nothing but lats

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
can anybody recommend a good compression thinger for an ankle? I got some light but extensive laceration on mine a few days ago and it's inflamed to the point where I'm limping. tape helps a lot, but i don't want to have to keep taping it up.

naem
May 29, 2011

toe update: not broken, jogging resumed

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Elbow update: got some ark pump going, not a lot of weight, lots of reps. Elbow intact.

I've been frying chunks of salami up in the pan with the eggs in the morning.

Hail satan.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cobra Commander posted:

It's been done.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hey swolethread I was kind of tempted to post a picture so that I could be told whether I should keep going on this bulk or if I need to stop before it's too late but that's probably a bad idea I guess so never mind. v:v:v

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Blur your face if you're afraid some creepo goon will haunt you

I want to judge you buddy

im good at that

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pesmerga posted:

Hey swolethread I was kind of tempted to post a picture so that I could be told whether I should keep going on this bulk or if I need to stop before it's too late but that's probably a bad idea I guess so never mind. v:v:v

post the bulk pics

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

Can you see ab definition? If not then stop bulking immediately.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Switched from NO to C4. Way better IMO. Maybe it just has more caffeine and that's what I'm feeling though

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Today is a lifting day. Ran at 5 AM. Gonna squat, bench, dead, row, press, rotator cuff stuff, and good morning. Gonna eat alot. Gonna listen to discharge, nuclear assault, and cryptopsy.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

Do it - just blur identifying poo poo out.

e: also me:

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 31, 2017

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
OK then here are my squats from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQF1ZA7RIo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hatebag posted:

rotator cuff snuff

That's my youtube channel

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sassassin posted:

That's my youtube channel

You work the cuffs til they're dead?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Also me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImaqSv_lCow

305 bench at 132 lbs get on my tiny tiny level

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Judge away, swolethread. Me at 5'9" and 151lbs, feeling a little flabby.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pesmerga posted:

How long have you been gaining for?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dum Cumpster posted:

How long have you been gaining for?

About four months give or take, at 1kg/2.2lb per month, but that's sort of fallen off in the past month, I think I may need to eat more (or stop).

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Not a bad idea to do a mini cut up to about 6 weeks to get your body back to turning food to muscle most optimally. But looks wise you're fine ;-*

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dum Cumpster posted:

Not a bad idea to do a mini cut up to about 6 weeks to get your body back to turning food to muscle most optimally. But looks wise you're fine ;-*

Sounds like a plan. According to the RP stuff, I should spend some time at maintenance first, or do you think I should just go for the cut? And thanks! As a former fatty, deliberately putting on weight is a weird experience. :)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yeah, sorry, forgot that part. I'm just parroting their advice anyway. Sounds like you know what to do

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
weak, you still have visible abs

Bulk until you cant see em!

6 months minimum

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So what im hearing is... abs are the Pawtucket Pat of getting fat.

If the abs peek out, 6 more weeks of bulking.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

If you feel flabby then cut.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zahgaegun posted:

If you feel flabby then cut.

That's what anorexia sounds like.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pesmerga posted:

Pesmerga posted:

as someone who accidentally clicked on this thread without context it really seems like you should see a therapist imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

What is "RP stuff" and should my old rear end look into it? Is it a diet template or something?