Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I don't know about anyone else, but at the point where I finished getting all my ES nodes at lvl 90 or so, each 2 point jewel socket would be adding around 15% more damage. So there is a massive jump in power from 90 to 95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Spells never miss, right? Because I tried again to play my KotF guy this morning before work and oh my god missing two or three barrages in a row just sucks so much rear end in a top hat.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Ciaphas posted:

Spells never miss, right? Because I tried again to play my KotF guy this morning before work and oh my god missing two or three barrages in a row just sucks so much rear end in a top hat.

Spells cannot miss, but barrage is not a spell.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That's why I brought it up, the misses I was experiencing were just especially infuriating today. :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Xequecal posted:

With the way conversion works, if you have 100% physical to fire conversion, like for example using Blast Rain with the Xoph bow, does that mean the Atziri flask adds 40% more damage? Does the Chieftain bonus of "20% of physical damage added as extra fire damage" still work at that point?

The way damage calculation works is by iterating through the 5 types (physical, lightning, cold, fire, chaos), first applying any increases/reductions, then any "added as", then finally applying any conversions (in the order I listed them in, i.e. you can't convert fire to lightning). Any generic elemental bonuses only apply once (cold damage converted to fire won't apply elemental bonuses twice)

So yes, that Chieftain bonus does kick in.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xequecal posted:

With the way conversion works, if you have 100% physical to fire conversion, like for example using Blast Rain with the Xoph bow, does that mean the Atziri flask adds 40% more damage? Does the Chieftain bonus of "20% of physical damage added as extra fire damage" still work at that point?

Atziri flask does (for some reason) it's not suppose to though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RIP Account posted:

Seems like a cool build but could use some refining to abuse the BV bug. The gloves don't seem to be doing anything in his example for instance so could use those for the bug (that hasn't been fixed yet has it?). Could also fit a 3rd curse into it with a +curse ring/ammy/boots and a witchfire for more scaling. I never thought about using doedres to proc a savage hit before.

The pathing looks fine to me, maybe drop the exceptional performance pathing if you really want to get something else. Could drop the curse nodes too and invest into crit too

I wasn't really intending to abuse that bug, that thing surfacing was pure coincidence. I just kinda wanted to try BV. :shobon:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Does anyone have a level 8 Vorici I can use to fix some corrupted socket colors? Shouldn't be too tough, just looking to get 3 greens on a claw.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I don't have level 8 vorici yet, but I am assuming you can't buy a better claw for ~2.5ex? Just making sure you don't spend a ton of currency for 3 greens before thinking about this :D

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I don't have level 8 vorici yet, but I am assuming you can't buy a better claw for ~2.5ex? Just making sure you don't spend a ton of currency for 3 greens before thinking about this :D

It's an Advancing Fortress with a +6% block while dual wielding implicit. It'd likely be cheaper for me to just fix the colors than it would be for me to buy a ton of them and corrupt them myself to try to recreate that perfect roll.

Also yeah 2.5ex is ridiculous compared to what would likely be like 15 vaal orbs to get the sockets right. Heck, RGG would work, if the red is in the right spot. Or even not in the right spot; it'd be cheaper to fully link it than to reroll it again (I want to put whirling blades, faster attacks, Hatred on it, but I'd be willing to replace the whirling blades with leap slam)

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 31, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
3Ging a corrupted claw shouldn't cost that much, its the new implicit which is valuable, not the colors

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Phobophilia posted:

3Ging a corrupted claw shouldn't cost that much, its the new implicit which is valuable, not the colors

Ah yea duh, my bad. I was thinking the guaranteed 3G, but why on Earth would you do that one. :D Ignore me!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cerepol posted:

how about every day in the league after 2 weeks adds slight experience bonuses that keep growing up until the end of the league.

That would actually be a pretty good idea, every 2 weeks or each month into the league increasing the experience gain across the board, it might help with the problem of leagues dying off near the end and people not bothering after a point.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Characters that start at 65 in a4m, but are permanently capped at 95 and can't have a pun in the name.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I've never gotten a character past 83; if I even hit 90 I'll be happy :)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

Characters that start at 65 in a4m, but are permanently capped at 95 and can't have a pun in the name.

What the gently caress is the point of playing then?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I have to admit I was equally proud of and confounded by the PoE player base to find out that BanjoKarui and Banjo_Karui were both taken when I started this league. I had to use two underscores!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

What the gently caress is the point of playing then?

I'd seriously stop playing in this case. I will not let the legacy of JillNyeTheScionGal die like this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/826265601291149314

3.0 news on the 14th, new league March 3.

I fly to China for 2 weeks on March 4 :negative:

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

beta during the later half of 2.6's league, rip that league

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im definitely not gonna try and start that one half way through like i did with this one lol

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Metallia posted:

beta during the later half of 2.6's league, rip that league

Most people are done with the league at that point so it sounds good to me.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ultima66 posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but at the point where I finished getting all my ES nodes at lvl 90 or so, each 2 point jewel socket would be adding around 15% more damage. So there is a massive jump in power from 90 to 95.

Is it really "more" damage or just "increased" damage?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ornedan posted:

When you move an item to or from a gstash page, the gstash page and your character's inventory have to be immediately saved. Normal personal stash tab and inventory modifications can be cached on the instance server, and multiple changes buffered together into periodical save actions. There's also the bit where an update needs to be pushed to every other client that's currently observing the gstash page you modified.

All of that means guild stash access is significantly heavier on the persistent realm database than personal stashes. The lack of control-click transfer is there in part to limit the rate at which you can force realm DB to spend resources and in part to hide how slow the process of moving an item between your inventory and gstash is.

Couldn't you fix that by making a sort of "temporary" page where you can ctrl+click all your stuff into and then you hit the "Submit" button which moves all in the temporary page into the gstash in one go?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Couldn't you fix that by making a sort of "temporary" page where you can ctrl+click all your stuff into and then you hit the "Submit" button which moves all in the temporary page into the gstash in one go?

Of course you "could".
In the same way you "could" have asynchronus trading or a performance slider.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Took a break from poe, first time back with significant playtime after missing out on Atlas and Ascendancy. Here's my thoughts on SC breach:

Finished 37/40 challenges in Breach SC league. First time playing a softcore league cause I usually play HC due to time constraints (no time to reroll every death).

My profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FGL/characters
Only bergynoober (Raider) and bugattiyuber (Inquisitor) are still geared.

This season I made in order:

Level 90 life based cookie cutter Blade Flurry Assassin. Damage was op but because I was life based and kept getting 1 shot at 5.5k hp and couldn't afford/justify paying 80 chaos for a Belly of the Beast (which was its cost at the time due to Mathil) dismantled him.

Level 93 life based Dual Obliteration Hidden Potential Blade Vortex Berserker (made him right after the first Blade vortex nerf. Dismantled him right before I heard of the multiple BV bug but I was bored of playing BV anyways). This guy was stupid op with 6L cospris, level 21 added chaos, even after the first BV nerf. I cleared all content except for the guardians with him. Kept getting 1 shot by guardians with my 6.7k hp so I decided to make a CI character next.]

Level 90 HOWA CI Raider - these claws are retarded. Did everything that my berserker couldn't cause of the screen long attack range combined with 10k ehp. CI + Vaal pact needs a look at

Level 92 Vaal Sparker Inquisitor - Made this guy to level my howa gems. Farmed strands and shaped dunes with atlas strategy. Completely mind numbing and the least enjoyable of the characters. I played vaal spark for 2 seasons in the past but never after the ascendancy/atlas patch so it was mostly in HC Dried lake as a Witch. Vaal spark still felt the same as before. The only difference was using spark instead of arc to generate souls... I was surprised at how powerful a 4L spark was but I guess inquisitor is just like that. Also, it cost a dumb amount to fix my atlas since I was at 123/126 completion before I decided to change it to 98/126.

Challenges: didn't complete the corrupt jewels, end game grinds, and upgrade breach unique challenge. I did complete the 10000 map tier one cause I made a vaal sparker though. I leeched a shaper kill off my friend who was also doing it and have been too lazy to kill him myself.

Thoughts:
Discovered that contrary to my past belief, going pure dps glass cannon isn't a good idea even in softcore. Sure it was fun to breeze through content and do maps without maximum resist but I hit a wall at around ~90 where I would lose more in exp/time then returns due to deaths. This was also because I decided to roll 2x life based characters cause once again I figured who needs to survive hits its sc deaths don't matter lol! which was a pretty big mistake in terms of time invested:progression. CI is king after all. Getting enough EHP to survive 1 shots in combination with enough damage to instant leech with vaal pact is pretty op. I was doing T15s with less than 40 resist as my HOWA raider cause my massive ehp pool allowed me to survive until I leeched it all back.

Breaches are fun. Kinda glad I didn't start HC cause breaches really started ramping up in difficulty once entering merciless. I would die countless times cause I adapted a lazy playstyle and just stood in Esh's lightning ball crap or dying to invisible mobs outside the breach radius. The loot and exp is crazy though plus everything turning red and purple was a neat change of pace from the usual color palettes.

Shaping your atlas is pretty much essential if your goal is to make currency/gain exp. I spent at least 5 ex back when exalts were 70c each in reshaping it and it was completely worth it. Chaining easy layouts is so much better and more efficient then doing stupid poo poo like crematorium and shrines all day. I missed playing the atlas patch so this was my first league using the atlas system and I filled out my atlas as much as I could initially which was a big mistake. Lesson learned for future season(s).

Overall had a fun time this season but the whole atlas shaping and chaining strands/dunes burnt me out. This whole clear speed meta thing was especially apparent in SC league since there's not really an incentive to invest a ton of currency into survival when you can eat that 1 death and make up for it in clear speed.

I was thinking of messing around with a HC SSF character until the end of the league as a change of pace cause of this. Gonna avoid doing anything poison based though, the opness of blade vortex was enough for me.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
It would be nice to have the option to rotate your items so they can fit better in your inventory. :v:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So apparently you can dualwield a wand and non-wand 1h if you vendor the mainhand wand thdn drop the 1h you want and pick it up to autoequip it. Sounds like fun for the day or so it'll remain possible.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Pooncha posted:

It would be nice to have the option to rotate your items so they can fit better in your inventory. :v:

Getting the proper Tetris experience not this knock off we are stuck with now. Gotta save some 1x4's to clear the whole inventory in one go.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Of course you "could".
In the same way you "could" have asynchronus trading or a performance slider.

How is what I suggested any different that what is happening now when you drop 1 item? The gstash would only have to update one time?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 31, 2017

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

How is what I suggested any different that what is happening now when you drop 1 item? The gstash would only have to update one time?

What you suggested is not the same as what happens now, you either have to lock the stash page you are modifying for other users or you will have to deal with another using putting in something that you modified locally but haven't submitted yet. It is also less intuitive for users who don't understand what goes on behind the scenes.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

yum posted:

Shaping your atlas is pretty much essential if your goal is to make currency/gain exp.

This is 100% not true. I made a boatload of currency without running the same map all season. If you want to optimize your exp or whatever, then yeah, go for it. But customizing your atlas is in no way required to make currency.

Also, life is still fine. It's not as powerful as ES at the moment, but I've done all the guardians as life with no deaths. I haven't tried Shaper this season (did him last season with life based Grandpa totems).

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

don't think he was arguing life is bad so much as the fact that life is way more prone to getting one shot, which is true no matter how you cut it. hopefully there'll be a bit of rebalancing in 3.0 but im not gonna hold my breath

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It'd be nice if there were more ways to die that were a flurry of small hits. Like boss level suppressing fire. If the DPS is high enough, it'd help solve - life build aldosterone always also having armor or evasion or block to help.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is it really "more" damage or just "increased" damage?

More obviously, 15% increased is 1 affix on a jewel (and not necessarily an optimal one).

At 400% increased damage, 110% increased attack speed, 80% crit chance (let's say this is the final number after Diamond Flask and accuracy penalty is taken into account) and 300% crit multi, a jewel that gives 8% attack speed, 15% damage, and 15% multi makes your average DPS go from 27.3x of your base DPS to 30.54x. That's 11.86% more damage. If the tree got a bit less offensive stats in the first place or the jewel was a 4 affix one, it'd be easily 15%. A good damage jewel or other worthwhile notable generally gives 10-15% more damage at the point where your skill tree only has 3 or 4 big notables left to pick up before lvl 100.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ultima66 posted:

More obviously, 15% increased is 1 affix on a jewel (and not necessarily an optimal one).

At 400% increased damage, 110% increased attack speed, 80% crit chance (let's say this is the final number after Diamond Flask and accuracy penalty is taken into account) and 300% crit multi, a jewel that gives 8% attack speed, 15% damage, and 15% multi makes your average damage go from 27.3x of your base damage to 30.54x of your base damage. That's 11.86% more damage. If the tree got a bit less offensive stats in the first place or the jewel was a 4 affix one, it'd be easily 15%. A good damage jewel or other worthwhile notable generally gives 10-15% more damage at the point where your skill tree only has 3 or 4 big notables left to pick up before lvl 100.
How were you getting your crit so high? I ran up a Doomfletch Pathfinder with nearly identical tree and stuff but I can't realistically get my crit chance much above 50% (with 3 power charges from my Frenzy PCoC setup).

(I also kinda wish I'd done this before I gave away all that stuff, including a 10ex vaal regalia :v: Just hit 68 and gearing up again is annoying!)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

theshim posted:

How were you getting your crit so high? I ran up a Doomfletch Pathfinder with nearly identical tree and stuff but I can't realistically get my crit chance much above 50% (with 3 power charges from my Frenzy PCoC setup).

(I also kinda wish I'd done this before I gave away all that stuff, including a 10ex vaal regalia :v: Just hit 68 and gearing up again is annoying!)

I have around 65% crit chance with 4 power charges (I think technically frenzy would be better but I don't care very much to reset bandits). This produces about 80% real crit chance with accuracy and Diamond Flask taken into account I think. Inc Crit Strikes gem makes the bow up to around 8.5-9% base crit, and I'm not sure why you can't get it past 50% because I don't have anything increasing that besides my tree and power charges. I'm pretty sure my only crit clusters on the tree are both bow clusters, the Shadow starting cluster, and the right side cluster near Acro. Let's see:

200% from 4 Power Charges
108% from 20/20 ICS
102% from Lethality
100% from King of the Hill
90% from Trickery/Assassination
50% from Heartseeker
= 650% increased crit chance

With 8.5% base, this is 63.75%. Also most other crit attacking builds can get higher than this as far as I know.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So I've got the league challenge "Complete these Encounters II" still uncompleted, because I haven't killed a monster possessed by two Tormented Spirits. Is there some trick to this one or do I just have to get lucky?

Edit: Thanks for the quick replies! That sounds like it'd do it indeed.
VVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 31, 2017

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Div card challenge, 11 card set. What bullshit.

Edit: ^^^^someone told me to do shore and let the boss get posessed by ghosts twice. it works!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Valle posted:

So I've got the league challenge "Complete these Encounters II" still uncompleted, because I haven't killed a monster possessed by two Tormented Spirits. Is there some trick to this one or do I just have to get lucky?

Shore boss spawns a spirit at 50% and 25% health. You might want to buy a shaped one depending on your build to make it easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Valle posted:

The boss of Shore summons two ghosts as you damage him.

• Locked thread