Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Comic of the Year.

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
Bolling made a thing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Holy poo poo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Guy at work who is "socially liberal fiscally conservative" was telling me how he thought that what Trump was doing was stupid and morally awful, buuuuuuuuuuut non citizens aren't protected by the constitution so legally people can't do anything and its ridiculous to sue. I'm sure that probably isn't true.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Guy at work who is "socially liberal fiscally conservative" was telling me how he thought that what Trump was doing was stupid and morally awful, buuuuuuuuuuut non citizens aren't protected by the constitution so legally people can't do anything and its ridiculous to sue. I'm sure that probably isn't true.
I guess the simple response to that is, why can't the police just throw every immigrant they see into jail forever without a trial, since clearly many would like to? There must be something constitutional holding most of them back.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

You'd think that a company that prides itself on its gay-friendly image would be more inclined to protect their clients from homophobes.

(Starbucks to hire 10,000 refugees worldwide after Trump ban)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Starbucks consistently earns ire of hate groups, AGC

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, like Red Panels gives a poo poo about gay people

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shugojin posted:

...That wasn't the point of the cartoon? Looked pretty straightforward to me, the cartoonist was criticizing the people likely to attack Starbucks for its refugee-friendly and LGBT-friendly policies.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

...That wasn't the point of the cartoon? Looked pretty straightforward to me, the cartoonist was criticizing the people likely to attack Starbucks for its refugee-friendly and LGBT-friendly policies.

No, he's saying that welcoming refugees into the country will result in dead people after Starbucks gets shot up by swarthy refugee-terrorists.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

Nope. The Nazi writing that is saying that putting both gay people and refugees (i.e. Muslims) will result in the latter committing violence against the former. It's poorly-communicated because the writer is also an idiot.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The punchline being that exactly 0 Americans have been killed by people from any of the countries on the ban list since 1975, but 6 people were shot up in a Mosque by an alt-reich white dude yesterday.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Shugojin posted:

"Latte-sipping left coast yuppies" has been a part of conservative invective since at least the '90s.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Literally every refugee is an uncontrollable hate monster who, when they see a gay person, will turn into a T-1000 and use their liquid metal sword arms to kill them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'll be honest I'm not 100% sure of which countries are in the UN but like, is there anyone who is unable to come into the US as an ambassador because of it?

I'm not gonna be surprised if so

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think by 2020 everyone will have abandoned all religious identities and embrace atheism and rationalism.

Every church will be converted to library. So by burning a church you are denying the people of the future a library.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 31, 2017

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Number of crimes committed against Germany's thriving and vibrant gay community by the 600,000 refugees Merkel admitted last year:

I mean I'm not 100% sure it's zero but it's probably zero.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'll be honest I'm not 100% sure of which countries are in the UN but like, is there anyone who is unable to come into the US as an ambassador because of it?

I'm not gonna be surprised if so

I believe the executive order has specific exemptions for certain visa categories, which I think includes ambassadors and diplomats.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ha ha! Manly man Trump who is manly totally PWN3D wimpy Chuck Schumer, who "had family die in the Holocaust," what a precious SJW snowflake!

French kiss a belt sander, McCoy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

I believe the executive order has specific exemptions for certain visa categories, which I think includes ambassadors and diplomats.

okay, makes sense, well as much sense as something unconstitutional in the first place can be anyway

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Cythereal posted:

You're not familiar with Red Panels at all, are you?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Clunk Tap It posted:

You're not familiar with Red Panels at all, are you?

Nope. I generally skim past the right-wing cartoons in this thread because I only have so much stomach for conservative vitriol before I get depressed and/or angry.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cythereal posted:

Nope. I generally skim past the right-wing cartoons in this thread because I only have so much stomach for conservative vitriol before I get depressed and/or angry.

Red Panels is a Trump Neo-Nazi

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Improbable Lobster posted:

Red Panels is a Trump Neo-Nazi

Additionally, one of the points that the alt-right liked to throw out to imply that trump is more lgbtq friendly than Hillary was that she supported countries that threw people off of buildings if you were suspected of being gay.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Hopefully we will get some gems today after Donny-boy went full nixon in under a week

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
it's so weird how the folks stressing that this isn't a muslim ban are, absolutely without exception, the same ones pointing out the inherent barbarism of muslims and the need to ban muslims. it's just so confusing, i don't get it, i wonder wh

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

okay, makes sense, well as much sense as something unconstitutional in the first place can be anyway

If you read the order itself it really feels like a document that's had a lot of effort put into it by a redditorsomeone who just doesn't understand the law as well as they think they do. It's got a lot of "clever" things in it, like the way it doesn't list the seven countries itself - it refers back to an Obama-era ruling, so they can say "hey, we didn't pick these countries, Obama did!". But at the same time it's so ambitiously, flagrantly illegal that even a Republican SC won't let them get away with it.

The suggestion that it was written entirely by Trump's team with no actual legal advice seems extremely plausible. Hopefully it took them all three months since the election to draft it so we only have to deal with this particular shitstorm four times a year.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Can't get the similarities out of my head. :psyduck:

Tei posted:

I think by 2020 everyone will have abandoned all religious identities and embrace atheism and rationalism.

Every church will be converted to library. So by burning a church you are denying the people of the future a library.

After four years of Trump, it will indeed be impossible to believe in the existence of God.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 31, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NRVNQSR posted:

If you read the order itself it really feels like a document that's had a lot of effort put into it by a redditorsomeone who just doesn't understand the law as well as they think they do. It's got a lot of "clever" things in it, like the way it doesn't list the seven countries itself - it refers back to an Obama-era ruling, so they can say "hey, we didn't pick these countries, Obama did!". But at the same time it's so ambitiously, flagrantly illegal that even a Republican SC won't let them get away with it.

The suggestion that it was written entirely by Trump's team with no actual legal advice seems extremely plausible. Hopefully it took them all three months since the election to draft it so we only have to deal with this particular shitstorm four times a year.

It was almost definitely written by Bannon and reports say it was (obviously) never passed over by a lawyer.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

SIGN THE PETITION!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SexyBlindfold posted:

it's so weird how the folks stressing that this isn't a muslim ban are, absolutely without exception, the same ones pointing out the inherent barbarism of muslims and the need to ban muslims. it's just so confusing, i don't get it, i wonder wh

SEE ALSO: neo-nazis who are 100% certain the Holocaust did not happen, but if it HAD happened, it would have been a good thing

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Huh. Wish I thought of that. Well, I'm off to the Freep thread!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

he's wrong since the constitution applies to anyone under american jurisdiction. plus it's really a bunch of rules about what the government CAN'T do.

LePoissonDeNoel
Jan 4, 2005

he sees you when
you're sleeping

he sees you when
you're sleeping

he sees you when
you're sleeping

he sees you when
you're sleeping

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I checked in with Dees and he's finding Trump's presidency a bit confusing. Did you know they astroturfed those protesters against Trump (who's a jew shill, by the way)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Happy Tuesday :toot:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I checked in with Dees and he's finding Trump's presidency a bit confusing. Did you know they astroturfed those protesters against Trump (who's a jew shill, by the way)

I'm always plesantly surprised that Dees had not grabbed an AK74 and shot up a school, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

seiferguy posted:

Happy Tuesday :toot:

I'm the 666 license plate

• Locked thread