Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
my ex was vegan, and she'd alternate between being normal 75% of the time, demanding why I wouldn't become vegan 20% of the time, and eating fried eggs 5% of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Yea you could probably just make them with margarine or something and it'd come out fine.

:rolleyes:

Unflavored coconut oil and cashew milk.

I'm not even vegan! :cmon:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I love to eat raw meat and people constantly tell me it's hosed up and unnatural, like chimpanzees have hibachis

man I woulda expected the food pedants to maybe pause for a minute when they find you squatting over a deer carcass gore-streaked and gnawing on a haunch but I guess they truly are committed to the cause

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I love to eat raw meat and people constantly tell me it's hosed up and unnatural, like chimpanzees have hibachis

I bet those people eat their steaks well done too

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Criminal Minded posted:

Is there a cliche less grounded in reality than the militant vegan? The only ones I've known don't give a gently caress what anybody else eats but lord are people angry when they find out somebody else doesn't eat meat.

this myth persists entirely because PETA still exists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Andrast posted:

I bet those people eat their steaks well done too

you're Scandinavian right? yeah you get me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do vegans still put cocks in their mouth

cocks are meat too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

man I woulda expected the food pedants to maybe pause for a minute when they find you squatting over a deer carcass gore-streaked and gnawing on a haunch but I guess they truly are committed to the cause

You don't eat game raw because wild animals are chock full of parasites.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
bet they didnt think about cocks :smug:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

this myth persists entirely because PETA still exists

yeah there's plenty of insufferable evangelical vegans and they're by miles the ones people who aren't vegans themselves or living with one are most likely to encounter, sort of like how tons of people have had one or two incredibly unpleasant atheist encounters that make them conflate that with reddit dawkins smugging because anyone who's not an rear end in a top hat just... isn't going to start a theology argument with you.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Zzulu posted:

its cause eating food is one of the few amazing things you can do in life so people become perplexed when you limit yourself for no reason

like a hot person deciding to go into celibacy, its confounding!

I thought I posted but it disappeared so sorry if it double posts.

I ate a much wider variety of food when I was vegan. Like actual different foods, not just meat cooked slightly different with different seasonings. It was all "ewwww super gross what is that" to people until it became mainstream a few years ago and now you can find it everywhere.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pick posted:

imho the 30s are peak hotness for both sexes

:agreed: sort of. oddly enough I've always found people around my age to be most attractive.

Criminal Minded posted:

Is there a cliche less grounded in reality than the militant vegan? The only ones I've known don't give a gently caress what anybody else eats but lord are people angry when they find out somebody else doesn't eat meat.

The only preachy vegan I know also manages to excuse the fact that they'll eat a ham sandwich when the veggie options aren't appealing. (aka not really a vegan)

I feel like people wrap food up into their personalities a lot and make what they decide to eat or not eat part of their self-image, so they feel attacked if someone doesn't want a steak.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

you're Scandinavian right? yeah you get me

Yeah, I'm Finnish

(Finland isn't actually a part of Scandinavia though)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you say "i lived for a month on vodka and raw flesh" and a norwegian is like, wait, u went a whole month without akvavit??

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

bet they didnt think about cocks :smug:

If the person who owns the cock wants me to put it in my mouth and I'm into them, I will put the cock in my mouth, yes.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I think i could go vegetarian (or maybe the kind that eats fish) but i couldn't go vegan. At least 50% of my diet is dairy and eggs.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I have something for you all from legal advice. The title isn't even the best part

quote:

PA - Seeking a paternity test for peace of mind, concerned about consequences.
Long story short, about nine months ago, I (22 year old male) had sex with a 16 year old girl, and, through a combination of idiocy and alcohol, made an extremely poor decision to remove the condom for a brief moment, before putting it back on. Some time later, she told me she was pregnant.
I'm going to take a moment here and ask that you please refrain from criticizing me for my actions. I've been ostracized by my community, lost job opportunities, and I've had plenty of time to bask in the insults and personal attacks, both from friends, family, and general strangers, and I did not come here for more of that.
I've made it clear that I don't want a child. I can't afford a child(and neither can she, but that's beside the point). I've offered to assist in/pay for abortion and adoption multiple times, but she rejected(well, accepted, then backpedaled on her decision) each time. More recently, there have been doubts of who the father is, and she got a boyfriend. She's told me that she won't go after me for child support or anything like that. I told her I still want a paternity test done, so I can "clear my name" and officially put this behind me. Her boyfriend contacted me, told me that they were 100% sure the child is his(keeping in mind that she was "100%" sure it was mine just a few months ago), and have said that if I get a test anyway, I would have to pay child support, and would most likely go to jail, and that the jail part would be out of their hands. Seeing as how neither I, her, or the boyfriend are lawyers, I was hoping to get some guidance from people more well-versed in these matters.
Other relevant info:
If the child is mine, I plan on terminating my rights.
I plan on getting one of those $30 tests from Walgreens, which I believe aren't admissible in court(feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong), but I do understand that in the event it goes to court, we could be ordered to do a legal test as well.
The conception date is the day the boyfriend had sex with her, but only a few days off from the day I had sex with her.
My main questions are:
What are the legal repercussions facing me, if the test returns that the child is mine?
If she names the boyfriend as the father on the birth certificate(I'm assuming she will at this point), what are her options for child support?
If I terminate my rights(if the child is mine), would she still be able to go after me for child support?
Thank you. If there's anything here that I'm mistaken about(legally speaking, that is), please correct me.
I just want to reiterate that while you may not personally agree with my actions or choices, my mind remains unchanged from the first day this issue came to my attention. I did not come here to be judged, I came here for advice. Please give me advice.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Gaddam food militants are the worst. I was vegan for ~2 months last year and people gave me a ton of poo poo for it. They only stopped when my strategy of absolutely not engaging in a debate whenever they brought it up and just placidly listening to everything they thought would convince me to eat meat without trying to justify my choice finally convinced them I was "one of the good ones."

I've never been preached at like that before, not even by church people.

I've never really brought up my choices in the general public because A) I don't care and B) it's annoying. But this one woman was so determined to criticize every. Single. Thing. I ate. One day I packed a 'TLT', so smoked tempeh, lettuce, tomato. As I'm putting it together she sighs loudly "And what's that supposed to be", completely unprompted. So I just said what is was and she sneers "that's not bacon". Oooookay, you're 300 pounds and some change so forgive me for not caring what you think.

Mirthless posted:

:rolleyes:

Unflavored coconut oil and cashew milk.

I'm not even vegan! :cmon:
Mmmmm soy milk and earth balance or margarine are probs the best bet if you want a taste nearly identical to cows milk and butter

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 31, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

i think it's because our nation's schools spent years teaching us that chicken juice is pure liquid salmonella and that eating undercooked pork will give you brain parasites

we were taught a lot of bad science about food and it has ruined a lot of perfectly good meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

You don't eat game raw because wild animals are chock full of parasites.

this is very true though

it's generally safe to eat barnyard animals (esp. if it's fresh and you know you can trust the source) at any level of doneness, though chicken can be pretty risky. beef is completely harmless. animals kept in clean conditions shouldn't have salmonella infections or parasites. domesticated pigs haven't given anyone trichinosis in decades. you can't count on the conditions game animals are kept in, though, and you should generally cook the meat pretty thoroughly.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I have something for you all from legal advice. The title isn't even the best part

I've never really brought up my choices in the general public because A) I don't care and B) it's annoying. But this one woman was so determined to criticize every. Single. Thing. I ate. One day I packed a 'TLT', so smoked tempeh, lettuce, tomato. As I'm putting it together she sighs loudly "And what's that supposed to be", completely unprompted. So I just said what is was and she sneers "that's not bacon". Oooookay, you're 300 pounds and some change so forgive me for not caring what you think.

tbf it sounds like it wasn't aimed at you, she's just perpetually disappointed by things that turn out to not be bacon

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

tbf it sounds like it wasn't aimed at you, she's just perpetually disappointed by things that turn out to not be bacon

She enjoyed consistent little jabs at non-meat meals and meat alternatives. It probably wasn't personal, you're correct. I think she was projecting her own food insecurity or something and I just happened to be the easiest target in her mind.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Charles Get-Out posted:

Gaddam food militants are the worst. I was vegan for ~2 months last year and people gave me a ton of poo poo for it. They only stopped when my strategy of absolutely not engaging in a debate whenever they brought it up and just placidly listening to everything they thought would convince me to eat meat without trying to justify my choice finally convinced them I was "one of the good ones."

I've never been preached at like that before, not even by church people.

I was vegetarian for two years as well as on and off just because, and the hardest part of it without a doubt, was other people.

Every single person without question who were 'concerned' for my health without fail, would ask how do I get protein as their very first question if they learned I was on a veg diet. Most of them ate healthy meals though, consisting of things like fast food fried tacos and meat lovers pizza.

My old bosses (who also me denied one day off to attend a funeral) also chose my birthday to passive aggressively 'celebrate it' by buying meaty pizzas and pastries while 'remembering' that I 'can't eat meat', tee hee!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I think i could go vegetarian (or maybe the kind that eats fish) but i couldn't go vegan. At least 50% of my diet is dairy and eggs.

same, I can't even fathom how someone just stops eating cheese or any dessert made with cream or butter or eggs

have you SEEN vegan pizza? how does that even work? pass

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

OH WHOOPS I SLIPPED ON ALL THIS LIQUOR AND FELL INTO A TEENAGE MINOR'S PUSSY AND THEN THE CONDOM ACCIDENTALLY CAME OFF AND NOW SHE'S PREGNANT

Pls don't judge this mistake accident i made whoops now tell me how to legally insulate myself from having to pay for this child while also not having anyone in the legal system find out I'm an ephebophile sexual predator

:murder: this idiot

Mmmmm soy milk and earth balance or margarine are probs the best bet if you want a taste nearly identical to cows milk and butter

unflavored coconut oil tastes remarkably similar to butter and at warm temperatures the texture is nearly identical. Some people find the silkiness of margarine kind of unappealing. cashew milk is thicker, so it more closely approximates the texture of milk than soy milk does. (at least, imo)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 31, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dating a vegan/vegetarian would be great because I'd probably find a ton of new dishes I'd like and I'm far too lazy to try it otherwise

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Fullhouse posted:

same, I can't even fathom how someone just stops eating cheese or any dessert made with cream or butter or eggs

have you SEEN vegan pizza? how does that even work? pass

I think you'd be surprised how little you miss cheese, and honestly most desserts with butter and eggs can be replicated really easily without being able to taste it (though I can't speak for something like cheesecake since I haven't had it vegan)

Honestly with pizza, dough is typically vegan anyways, and when you have all your fave toppings on there you don't notice. We do it with sauce, artichoke hearts, hot peppers, black olives, sundries tomatoes and oven roasted red peppers. Super tasty. I really don't know though if you're someone who will only eat pizza if it's pepperoni and cheese.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

OH WHOOPS I SLIPPED ON ALL THIS LIQUOR AND FELL INTO A TEENAGE MINOR'S PUSSY AND THEN THE CONDOM ACCIDENTALLY CAME OFF AND NOW SHE'S PREGNANT

Pls don't judge this mistake accident i made whoops now tell me how to legally insulate myself from having to pay for this child while also not having anyone in the legal system find out I'm an ephebophile sexual predator

:murder: this idiot
If he had a condom on when he finished and she was regularly boning other people it honestly probably isn't his but yeah he sounds like a trainwreck of a person. I'm pretty sure legally if they put the other dude on the birth certificate he gets off scott free whether or not he is the biodad so it looks like karma let us all down this time.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My[38m] wife[36f] divorced me after I left my high earning job, now she wants me to take her back after my business has been doing well.

quote:

My ex-wife and I were married for 9 years, we finalized our divorce in February of 2014. We have two children together, our daughter who is 10, and our son who is 7.

Our divorce centered about my career. I worked in a profession which was very high paying however, it required me to work 70-80 hour weeks. When I first started working, I would have to work from 8:00 Am to 8 Pm and I would have to work Saturdays as well. I eventually made partner in the company in 2010. And I thought things would get better, but it didn't help much at all. I was given more freedom, to choose my hours, but I was made to be on call 24/7. I was free to leave to get home early to have dinner with my family but I was still required to remote in.

I got to a point where I hated my job. I was missing out on my children's lives because of it. And the management in the company would make promises but things would never work out.

I talked to my wife about leaving the company, and starting something of our own, the idea was to open up a franchise here and there. And have something that was our own. I had more than enough money to where if we were to live frugally, I could retire at 35. However, my wife was extremely against it. She told me that our children's futures rested upon me providing for them. When in reality, we had more than enough to pay for their college educations in full. And she hated the idea of us having to go down in lifestyle. She told me to suck it up, that it is a father's job to provide.

We had a lot of conflicts, she didn't understand how taxing the job could be. She worked as a private school teacher teaching a field she loves, to very agreeable children. She was living her dream, however, I wasn't. And this clash in not being able to understand my perspective really led to our divorce after I left the company.

After I left, I did some consulting for small businesses here and there so I was still able to make some money. But then I found out about the opportunity of buying a small business. It was a small Italian restaurant that was tanking but I felt that I could definitely fix it up. So I did. I initially put in a good bit of hours, but it wasn't long before the business really took off. And now, I have an awesome business that I can share with my family. It doesn't bring in as much as I used to make, but it is still a good amount.

And best of all I can spend time with my family. We have been able to go on vacations together. I have been able to spend more time with my children. Plus, when I am working on my business, it doesn't feel like I am giving up my life to other people, it is my own business. It doesn't even feel like work really.

The problem has been really that my ex-wife has "realized her mistakes" and now wants to get back together. She has seen that after leaving my job how I have been able to turn my life around (except the economic part). And I think mainly this has to do with the fact she found out I have a new girlfriend.

I think her mind, she was rooting for my business to fail, and I would regret on how stupid I was for leaving my nice job. But now that things have been going good for me, and I have a new girlfriend. She wants back in my life. I don't want anything to do with her, but I don't want to damage our coparenting relationship either. Also, I want her to stop asking about my girlfriend. I didn't even tell her or my children that I have one. So I don't even know how she found out about her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I got a high school sophomore pregnant. How can I ensure I get out of responsibility for it?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

ArbitraryC posted:

If he had a condom on when he finished and she was regularly boning other people it honestly probably isn't his but yeah he sounds like a trainwreck of a person. I'm pretty sure legally if they put the other dude on the birth certificate he gets off scott free whether or not he is the biodad so it looks like karma let us all down this time.

He said he took it off then put it back on :wtf:
Plus I'm sure this guy is going to say anything to not sound like a dumb shithead, look at him pleading for people not to comment on his choices :qq:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry but I have had vegan pizza and it is very very bad

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

With vegan "cheese" if so, that's probably why. I just cannot buy into cheese alternatives, they taste nasty to me. I think the community calls it Gary since even they acknowledge it's lying to try and pass it off as cheese

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Themata posted:

I was vegetarian for two years as well as on and off just because, and the hardest part of it without a doubt, was other people.

Every single person without question who were 'concerned' for my health without fail, would ask how do I get protein as their very first question if they learned I was on a veg diet. Most of them ate healthy meals though, consisting of things like fast food fried tacos and meat lovers pizza.

My old bosses (who also me denied one day off to attend a funeral) also chose my birthday to passive aggressively 'celebrate it' by buying meaty pizzas and pastries while 'remembering' that I 'can't eat meat', tee hee!

My brother's mother in law would intentionally put cheese, eggs, and butter in dishes during holidays and claim they were vegan so I would eat them and she could be all "Trap Sprung!"

I think you'd be surprised how little you miss cheese, and honestly most desserts with butter and eggs can be replicated really easily without being able to taste it (though I can't speak for something like cheesecake since I haven't had it vegan)

Honestly with pizza, dough is typically vegan anyways, and when you have all your fave toppings on there you don't notice. We do it with sauce, artichoke hearts, hot peppers, black olives, sundries tomatoes and oven roasted red peppers. Super tasty. I really don't know though if you're someone who will only eat pizza if it's pepperoni and cheese.

This is the truth, and vegan pizza is delicious if you get the right type. We have this place called Via 313 annnnnnnd now I want it. I'm "vegetarian" now so clear for eggs and cheese, but I still get vegan pizza.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

Some vegan pizza is very very good. Most vegan pizza is very very bad. I never liked trying to replicate non-vegan foods because it always turned out disappointing with the exception of some.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

With vegan "cheese" if so, that's probably why. I just cannot buy into cheese alternatives, they taste nasty to me. I think the community calls it Gary since even they acknowledge it's lying to try and pass it off as cheese

Yeah I'll come to the defense of most animal byproduct substitutes but vegan cheese is terrible

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I mean I'm sure I could adapt if someone put a gun to my head but it's not just using em as ingredients I plain drink milk all the time and regularly eat omlettes and scrambles. Yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc for snacks I was only slightly exaggerating when I said half my calories came from that stuff cause it's just a great and cheap source of protein.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

"gary" was from some angry cheese eater's rage FB post

fake edit, found it:

quote:

CHEESE IS NOT MADE WITH COCONUTS. Call it Gary or something, don’t call it cheese because it’s not cheese!!!!!!

Go enjoy your cheeseless life. Don’t try to make up a substitute cheese and call it cheese because it’s not and you’ve decided your way of life… don’t come to my cheese and wine parties if you’re going to eat COCONUT CHEESE.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

there's enough excellent vegan dishes to last anyone a lifetime and exactly none of them are the meatless cheeseless attempts at meat and cheese dishes

My [21F] Boyfriend [20] of 6 months said that he doesn't believe the 'official story' of the holocaust

quote:

The title is kind of self-explanatory I guess…

Well basically as it’s the end of the year I’ve been looking at some top 10 film lists for the year and one of the films that caught my eye is Son of Saul, a Hungarian film about the holocaust. Me and the boyfriend like to watch films together so I asked him if he’d be interested in watching it. He said that he thought it sounded like typical Hollywood bullshit, and when I told him it wasn’t American he still said he didn’t want to see it. Well basically I pressed him for more details about why and he eventually admitted he didn’t want to see it because he “didn’t believe the official story of the holocaust.” I was honestly kind of shocked and just dropped it, but later I asked him about what he actually believed happened.

He said that while Hitler did order the Jews into camps and ghettos this was only meant to be done during the war and that afterwards he wanted to deport them. He said that the deaths were mostly from disease or lack of food due to the war and that the showers weren’t for gassing but for delousing or something like that. I asked him where he read this stuff and he said that there are some books on the subject that go into detail. He also claimed that the Nazis didn’t have the technology to burn millions of bodies and that there weren’t as many Jews in Europe as is reported anyway. He said that while he believes the Nazis were bad and that hundreds of thousands of Jews died, the allies greatly inflated the numbers to discredit the Nazis further.

I mean obviously this stuff just set off my bullshit detector but I’m not really knowledgeable enough about history to dispute this. My boyfriend leans right but he’s never made racist or anti-Semitic comments before, although he is sometimes heavily critical of Israel when they're in the news. Is he just misguided or is this the kind of thing only a neo nazi would say?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my PeTA story is one time someone approached me and was like "pigs are as intelligent a a six-year-old child!! Would you eat a six-year-old??" And it's like, hey lady, I know how smart pigs are. And yeah, sure.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

there's enough excellent vegan dishes to last anyone a lifetime and exactly none of them are the meatless cheeseless attempts at meat and cheese dishes

I always order vegan dishes at Indian restaurants because hell, why not? delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

There are sperm donors who have had to pay child support. If they could prove he was the actual biological father they could go after him for child support. The paternity test is a dumb idea, hopefully he'll pursue it, it'll backfire, and he'll end up paying child support and telling his neighbors not to trust him around their kids for the next 20+ years

Pick posted:

I always order vegan dishes at Indian restaurants because hell, why not? delicious.

hell yeah, vegan indian food is amazing

as it turns out, religious imperatives for dietary restrictions result in real and tasty food rather than pretend turkey

Pick posted:

my PeTA story is one time someone approached me and was like "pigs are as intelligent a a six-year-old child!! Would you eat a six-year-old??" And it's like, hey lady, I know how smart pigs are. And yeah, sure.

It depends on the six year old's diet, really