Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

It's not broken? I just got it...

Eh, I'll try again.... I smoke bombed every regular mob and definitely dont recall using limit break at the boss but maybe I messed up somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry hoarders, better skip Orlandu and wait for this...

Nerfed Cloud with un-buffed DH. Pass.

(bad joke about possible simultaneous GL release)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Folks on reddit are largely saying Cid is overhyped at this point, is that true? He still sounds pretty drat dumb.

E: Specifically, Cid is on par with global exclusives according to reddit

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 31, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Servaetes posted:

Folks on reddit are largely saying Cid is overhyped at this point, is that true? He still sounds pretty drat dumb.

I think it's that fresh, out of the box Orlandu is about as good as Noctis with less versatility, but dual wield, Excalibur Orlandu is literally a god. Still, the base version is amazing for anyone who doesn't have a full team of Lightnings and Luneths.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I finished the last of my TM gear grind for my pink haired waifu. We came close to the 800 club but are denied entry. Still, in celebration, I've bought out the last of my available friend slots, so grab them while you can goons!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Servaetes posted:

Yun is easily the strongest global exclusive we've gotten and even then he's basically a poor mans Cid/Tidus.

Not gonna say that Orlandu isnt a big deal, he is. But they've kept introducing characters that can do the same thing as Cid and some of it do it even better than him, or very close to what he's capable while being in better banners or far easier to get. If tidus is going to be in the same banner as rikku then thats a way better banner to pig out on than trying to score the whale dream.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What do you people feel about the odds of getting Ling or Yun from this banner?

I ask because

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

I ask because

I pulled twice and got a Xiao and a Ling.

Is there concievably any reason to need more than one Kaiser knuckle? I'm grinding out a Firion dream TM set, I have two Xiao's and would love to smush them to save time, but don't want to miss out on a second. Especially since I have two Snows.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

I ask because

Somebody coded this up on Reddit, but your probably better off not knowing...

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody coded this up on Reddit, but your probably better off not knowing...

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com

Where's the Fenrir button that increased the numbers by 40%?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Palleon posted:

Is there concievably any reason to need more than one Kaiser knuckle?
If you want to max out a fists-only character and not bring in any Equip X materia. Yun global maximum is 925 ATK for example.

m.hache posted:

Where's the everybody but me and that one other person button that increased the numbers by 40%?
:smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Do we know if Yun and Ling are only going to be available for this event, or are they being added to the pool afterwards? It's kinda lovely that every global exclusive unit so far has been time-limited so if you don't whale for them you'll never have a chance to get them again.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Palleon posted:

I pulled twice and got a Xiao and a Ling.

Is there concievably any reason to need more than one Kaiser knuckle? I'm grinding out a Firion dream TM set, I have two Xiao's and would love to smush them to save time, but don't want to miss out on a second. Especially since I have two Snows.

On the other hand I've pulled close to 50 times and haven't seen a Ling or any base 5. I have decided that if this game doesn't give me a base 5 by the end of this event, I'm feeding everyone else to Dracu Lasswell and uninstalling. I figure I've done 2-300 pulls since the Haloween event and haven't seen a base 5 so the game is telling me to just give up trying.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Do we know if Yun and Ling are only going to be available for this event, or are they being added to the pool afterwards? It's kinda lovely that every global exclusive unit so far has been time-limited so if you don't whale for them you'll never have a chance to get them again.

I'm pretty sure the only global exclusives that were limited time were Elza and the halloween units. All the ones since then have been added to the general pool.

edit: JK it turns out the only other global exclusives were the Medius and Cerius 6* upgrades, which isn't the same thing. Anywho, they haven't really hinted at them taking Yun and Ling OUT of the pool, but it would definitely make me pull harder than I currently am before the event ends.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

hamburgers in pockets posted:

They want your monies. All of it.

If it's like how Gumi did Brave Frontier, I would not be surprised to see them next year. Probably at the same time they give them enhancements to make them relevant again.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Servaetes posted:

It's more that the JP meta was a lot different than what the current global meta is. Noctis and Yun are really strong and JP had nothing like that at the time. The longer it takes Orlandu to come out, the 'weaker' he is due to powercreep.
Orlandu is still great, but he won't be the game changer that he was in JP.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I just want Orlandu because he was my #1 headcrusher in FFT which is one of my favorite FF games.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

McSpankWich posted:

edit: JK it turns out the only other global exclusives were the Medius and Cerius 6* upgrades, which isn't the same thing. Anywho, they haven't really hinted at them taking Yun and Ling OUT of the pool, but it would definitely make me pull harder than I currently am before the event ends.

They are limited time exclusives.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Random thoughts

Xiao is my new Charlotte.

Based on my arena matches I think 50% of the player base have a Noctis.

It feels like Tales From the Aquapolis has been up for a month.

I have about 50 Gigantaurs sitting in my mailbox. I have some units I sorta want to enhance (Cerius and Celes), but nothing pressing. As soon I break down and use them though I'm sure I'll immediately pull something useful.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have 70 gigantaurs sitting on the Mog King. I guess I'll use them on Firion but his 6* isn't very impressive to me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So do we have an ETA on the 5* fix for the rolls yet? Because as much as I want orlandu, I don't think I'm going to go wild rolling if I'm just going to get a bunch of vaans from the crystals. I might still roll for Yun just because he's never coming back.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

So do we have an ETA on the 5* fix for the rolls yet? Because as much as I want orlandu, I don't think I'm going to go wild rolling if I'm just going to get a bunch of vaans from the crystals. I might still roll for Yun just because he's never coming back.

Every time we ask, Gumi delays it another week.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I really, really want a Yun because I like the idea of Voltron Firion, but the knowledge that whaling on banner wouldn't even guarantee me the unit (and I don't want to spend hundreds on a mobile game) and the fact that once the banner ends he may as well not exist to me is kind of bumming me out a little? I wish a crafting system existed somehow, like 3 same base units can be transformed into a same base unit of choice or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I really, really want a Yun because I like the idea of Voltron Firion, but the knowledge that whaling on banner wouldn't even guarantee me the unit (and I don't want to spend hundreds on a mobile game) and the fact that once the banner ends he may as well not exist to me is kind of bumming me out a little? I wish a crafting system existed somehow, like 3 same base units can be transformed into a same base unit of choice or something.

Same, I really want Yun and firion voltron but I've gotten more than one rainbow crystal vaan this banner and I don't want to get another if I take a big roll.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly firion will still be extremely beefy without the yun tm

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Yeah, I was hoping to get a Yun for the same reason, but I got Snow #2 today instead, so I think I'll be okay.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

honestly firion will still be extremely beefy without the yun tm

I know the megazord will be just as good even though I lost the clip on chest piece. But you just don't understand, now it's ruined forever!

Also there's no way they won't release Cloud in JP and Global at the same time, right?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Also there's no way they won't release Cloud in JP and Global at the same time, right?

Why not? They're not timing it with a game release or something like Noctis was. I don't see why an FF7 event would be any different than every other FF game, and delayed appropriately. Plus if they release in global at the same time we'll get nerfed Cloud, I'd rather wait for the whole shebang in 8 months.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

I think it's more that I wish there was more a sense of progress/inevitability to whatever specific thing a player wanted, like, let's say one month after a units release you could craft it with 1k lapis and 5 same base units, now that's obviously an insane requirement, but at least I knew that eventually I could get whatever I wanted with enough patience.

Currently it's just: pull hard on the banner and hope you get lucky. Which I never realised how much it sucked until I wanted a very specific unit :( I know it's the life of gacha, but some sort of carrot would be nice

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Servaetes posted:

Without TMs? Sure.

With TMs Cid (or, ideally a pair of them to chain off each other) is a stupid amount of damage even compared to other 5* base units. Dual wield + Excalibur alone is enough to make him a monster. Excalibur + Genji Blade(or whatever, since no gilgamesh trial yet) with power of creation, blade mastery, +atk TMs and gear like the black hood and brave suit? Say hello to a unit with over 1k attack whose big hit also debuffs holy resists and is able to chain with other Orlandus easily for insane damage.

Sooner or later we'll get some pants on head retarded GE that makes Orlandu look like a joke, but Elza and Yun aren't even close to Orlandu's level.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McSpankWich posted:

I'm pretty sure the only global exclusives that were limited time were Elza and the halloween units. All the ones since then have been added to the general pool.

Noel is sad that you forgot him.

But that's okay since he's never coming back either.

KDdidit posted:

It feels like Tales From the Aquapolis has been up for a month.

Apparently something bugged out with it, so they brought it back for a second full event period.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sooner or later we'll get some pants on head retarded GE that makes Orlandu look like a joke, but Elza and Yun aren't even close to Orlandu's level.

Comparing Elza and Orlandu is apples and oranges, one mostly ends up being support while the other turns into raw DPS.

That said, she still loses out massively compared to even our nerfed Noctis. She's not BAD by any means, but she's not Noctis level.

Yun could be Orlandu tier, except his weapon selection is flimsier, his big nuke is weaker, and his non-nuke options are a lot narrower. On paper he's as close as Global's gotten so far, though. Consider him the mid-way point between Mercedes and Orlandu.

McSpankWich posted:

Why not? They're not timing it with a game release or something like Noctis was.

Unless FF7 Remake hits out of nowhere in the next month or two, that is. (Nah, it's not happening.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Without TMs? Sure.

With TMs Cid (or, ideally a pair of them to chain off each other) is a stupid amount of damage even compared to other 5* base units. Dual wield + Excalibur alone is enough to make him a monster. Excalibur + Genji Blade(or whatever, since no gilgamesh trial yet) with power of creation, blade mastery, +atk TMs and gear like the black hood and brave suit? Say hello to a unit with over 1k attack whose big hit also debuffs holy resists and is able to chain with other Orlandus easily for insane damage.

:negative: I never realized how good Maxwell's TM was until recently, now I'm really bummed I didn't try harder to get it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When's the Gilgamesh trial in the grand scheme of things? A TM grind slot is opening up and I'm wondering if I should start Sakura. Probably wouldn't finish it for at least a month and a half and only have one blade mastery.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Depends on your other TM options? A 98 ATK katana is still better than every other non TM weapon in the game. If you're using Chiz it's her best option, and you'd need two if you want her to DW.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Your new overlord in motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWUA8tSogk

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

McSpankWich posted:

Depends on your other TM options? A 98 ATK katana is still better than every other non TM weapon in the game. If you're using Chiz it's her best option, and you'd need two if you want her to DW.

It'd be for Lightning, also have Excalibur and Save the Queen

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Okay but when can I get him?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Is the highest atk sword we have in GL right now the Enhancer? And is it only those swords that activates Luneths passive or do S Swords and L Swords count too?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Is the highest atk sword we have in GL right now the Enhancer? And is it only those swords that activates Luneths passive or do S Swords and L Swords count too?

Excalibur/Deathbringer if you include TMRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MohShuvuu posted:

Excalibur/Deathbringer if you include TMRs.

Excalibur and Deathbringer are Greatswords/L Swords.

The passive only works on normal swords, and Enhancer is the second strongest (Delita's TMR, the Moonblade, is the current strongest).

• Locked thread