Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Something tells me he'd fit right in but I can't put my finger on it

He is gonna run to discord with the irony completely alluding him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Apparently he cribbed that from who else, Kobe.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Did he say and 1 after this!?!?!??!?!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

Sorry Doltos there is no gap worth bridging between having equal rights, hey stop using unnessecary against these unarmed black people, and Barkley's "no really it's totes okay to profile people because black on black crime."

That's true on healthcare too tho cause healthcare is a right and poors don't get it now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

So what you are telling me is you can't make a good counter argument to "Famous black person treating racial discrimination as no big deal, is a bad thing" So you are making a :smug: statement and disappearing again?

Like I humored you and answered all your Questions. Hell I even apologized for getting angry and saying gently caress you.

Oh well I guess...

:byewhore:

No I argued your points and even agreed with you. That was directed towards CharlestheHammer and AggressivelyStupid. You didn't even apologize because obviously you didn't mean it, just like every other fuckhead out there that demands or gives out apologies like they matter.

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is gonna run to discord with the irony completely alluding him.

Come to discord, it's fun. You can post without having to look over your shoulder making sure all these whiny rear end goons who are willing to derail at the drop of the hat bother you.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

Did he say and 1 after this!?!?!??!?!

I thought that was a David West/Carlos Boozer thing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Boosh! posted:

Apparently he cribbed that from who else, Kobe.

Kobe said that about Deron Williams when he went 0-9. Waiters also thinks he's a combination of Kobe and Wade even though he plays like a poor man's Wade

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
While you fuckin dopes are slinging ropes and swapping spit flames I was busy buying the worst pizza of my adult life. Floppy, no crispiness, just doughy trash. I'm very pissed off and I need someone to listen to me whine about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I edited it out before I saw your post, and then on an internet forum literally wrote out about how I overreacted in that moment and apologized

If I didn't mean it what purpose is there for me to go that far lol.

Anyway the Bulls are Trash and I for one celebrate Rondo's systematic destruction of the team and FO

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cool Buff Man posted:

While you fuckin dopes are slinging ropes and swapping spit flames I was busy buying the worst pizza of my adult life. Floppy, no crispiness, just doughy trash. I'm very pissed off and I need someone to listen to me whine about it.

Were is it from?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm here for you

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

pubic works project posted:

I thought that was a David West/Carlos Boozer thing.

It is and I am infuriated that Metapod would dare associate such a thing with a puffy lapdog that acts like a junkyard dog but fails and just comes off like it had a traumatic brain injury as a puppy.

Dammit, I'm not good at this stream of consciousness insult thing. Oh well, gently caress Waiters, former Thunder player.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Cool Buff Man posted:

Anthony Bennett SA account officially spotted

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

I edited it out before I saw your post, and then on an internet forum literally wrote out about how I overreacted in that moment and apologized

If I didn't mean it what purpose is there for me to go that far lol.

You're right, we both got a little too involved and it didn't help matters. For what it's worth I think you're completely right that systematic racism exists and the problem doesn't rest with black people but the establishment on top. I also understand that I'm not black and it's really hard to fully understand the struggle if you never go through it.

Let's bury it and just agree that Chuck says dumbass things all the time.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

sounds kinda like charles barkley's rant about the food at the suns arena

Hey has anyone heard about Charles Barkley's dumb opinions on race?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bill Simmons is now also telling LeBron to shut up because his team is already good enough. I was driving and listening to the radio for like the only time ever last week and Le batard was saying how it's interesting how fans always say their team needs to add some help, but if a player ever says it they all get pissed at the player for being ungrateful. I think he's actually right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

It is and I am infuriated that Metapod would dare associate such a thing with a puffy lapdog that acts like a junkyard dog but fails and just comes off like it had a traumatic brain injury as a puppy.

Dammit, I'm not good at this stream of consciousness insult thing. Oh well, gently caress Waiters, former Thunder player.

That's superstar puffy lapdog to you

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Christ guys, I thought I was still in C-Spam

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

Were is it from?

One of th elocal "House of Pizza" places run by the secret underground cadre of Greek Pizza Shop owners

It's always been solid before.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Instead of posting about posting let's talk about the crisp passing from my boy Dario Saric

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/826234063761637376

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/826506905925406720

Also Robert Covington might be able to make it in the NFL

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/826230947779637248

Jota fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 31, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

I forgot to buy groceries, the fridge is empty, and stores close at 7 freaking PM here. So I'm dining on rice cakes and peanut butter. Life is pain.

Here's a 3 y old who loves The Process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GD1gO7byU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

That's superstar puffy lapdog to you

That is definitely what the family who owns him calls him. It makes him happy and wag his tail so hard his entire butt sways back and forth.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Joel Embiid is being benched to stop the team from winning but they are imbued with his spirit and now the winning cannot be stopped. Who will claim Chicago's playoff spot, Philadelphia or the surging Kobe Wade-led Heat

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Now this is interesting...

http://arizonasports.com/story/1010154/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumor-suns-kings/

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

There's gotta be someone with more interesting assets than the Sun's surely?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The reason Lebron doesn't need to "Shut Up" is Dan Gilbert's infamous crayon letter, wet with tears, written when Lebron exercised his right to free agency and went to Miami after spending 7 years in Cleveland getting no help from anyone but Anderson Varejao and Larry Hughes.

If the NBA hadn't rigged 3 drafts there could be no return, and if Lebron didn't really care about his kids growing up in the more normal air of rich cleveland rather than insane sheik and dictator paradise of rich Miami, the Cavs would still be a sad sack franchise with no championships.

You can say blood from a stone, but Lebron's earned the right to complain. It's also a more subtle signal to the league for various players to agitate for buyouts so they can join Cleveland.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also to be fair, DeMarcus Cousins had the pass of the night in that game. Your 7 foot center throwing a 70 foot bounce pass off the dribble right on the money is unreal

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/826225591926022144

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Barkley criticizes LeBron James for something he actually said and it becomes a huge controversy.

Shaq criticizes Embiid because he hates seeing a big man better than him enter the league, Embiid calls him a big goof on twitter, we all have a laugh, and it's over.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

tarbrush posted:

There's gotta be someone with more interesting assets than the Sun's surely?

Honestly it doesn't seem like they'd be giving up enough.

TJ Warren + Alex Len + 2017 1st (probably a top 4 pick)...You'd think Sac would at least want another 1st rounder. Maybe one that the Suns got from Miami?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jota posted:

Also to be fair, DeMarcus Cousins had the pass of the night in that game. Your 7 foot center throwing a 70 foot bounce pass off the dribble right on the money is unreal

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/826225591926022144

DeMarcus is easily the best passer on the team. I mean...for better or worse I guess.

Him and Booker on the same team would be fun as gently caress to watch, but I'm sure it's just SAC media spreading rumors again. They have the biggest hate-on for Boogie

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Another day where Bogut has not been traded goes by. I'd want Cuban to hurry up and trade him. Then I remember the season they rushed the Rondo trade and then almost every team in the league traded less for pgs better than Rondo.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Honestly it doesn't seem like they'd be giving up enough.

TJ Warren + Alex Len + 2017 1st (probably a top 4 pick)...You'd think Sac would at least want another 1st rounder. Maybe one that the Suns got from Miami?

If the suns gave up Warren, Len, 2017 first, and Brandon Knight, I still don't think it would work. Cousins is a superstar if he finds the place that can soothe his firey heart.

Jack's Flow posted:

77 new posts?!

Screw you guys for making me think Melo got traded.
Yeah I also thought something happened.

Charles Barkley says stupid poo poo but I think it's trying to come from a good place, it just comes out as confirming racist things people already believe. But if soemone deserves a show about race relations it's Glen Ford & Bruce Dixon from blackagendareport.com, not Chuck

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That trade would sorta work. Booker+Cousins+Bledsoe is a really good core, plus the Suns have room to sign Cousins to a huge sheet.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Fast Luck posted:

Joel Embiid is being benched to stop the team from winning but they are imbued with his spirit and now the winning cannot be stopped. Who will claim Chicago's playoff spot, Philadelphia or the surging Kobe Wade-led Heat

Why not both? The Hornets have fallen behind the Bulls and are now the 8th seed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Pacers being 3 wins over .500 while the Bucks and Hornets are below is confusing as hell to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

attackmole posted:

sounds kinda like charles barkley's rant about the food at the suns arena

Hey has anyone heard about Charles Barkley's dumb opinions on race?

As much as I like to make fun of Dog Smell Arena, Barkley isn't even right about that. The food was maybe pretty bad ten years ago but has gotten pretty good. They at least try to have some local flavor there, and of all things have an excellent donut place that you can watch make fresh donuts which is sometimes is more interesting than watching the Suns play basketball.

It's also a lot better than Staples which is just about as generic as it gets if you don't go to the rich person. Of course there's like a whole world of awesome food outside of Staples that it really isn't fair to expect Phoenix to match.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The reason Lebron doesn't need to "Shut Up" is Dan Gilbert's infamous crayon letter, wet with tears, written when Lebron exercised his right to free agency and went to Miami after spending 7 years in Cleveland getting no help from anyone but Anderson Varejao and Larry Hughes.

If the NBA hadn't rigged 3 drafts there could be no return, and if Lebron didn't really care about his kids growing up in the more normal air of rich cleveland rather than insane sheik and dictator paradise of rich Miami, the Cavs would still be a sad sack franchise with no championships.

You can say blood from a stone, but Lebron's earned the right to complain. It's also a more subtle signal to the league for various players to agitate for buyouts so they can join Cleveland.

Good point.

----

The Suns should just let Kings choose what they want that's not named Booker. Bledsoe's great, but tradeable, and the rest of that roster the Suns should be happy to get something for.

That source of the story is interesting because Gambo is basically the Sun's favorite Management Leak They Can Later Disavow If Necessary choice, but this could just be the GM trying to save his job by "trying" especially since on the Sacramento side the only stories we here is the extension happening.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 31, 2017

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Cousins is a superstar if he finds the place that can soothe his firey heart.

I criticize Earl Watson a lot but I do think he'd get along with Boogie pretty well

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

That is definitely what the family who owns him calls him. It makes him happy and wag his tail so hard his entire butt sways back and forth.

Incredibly rude but also adorable

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

Of course there's like a whole world of awesome food outside of Staples that it really isn't fair to expect Phoenix to match.

we have a Twin Peaks right outside the arena, what more could you possibly ask for???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

100 posts about the LeBron Chuck thing is the ultimate false flag

• Locked thread