Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Cue a week of everyone in sub.io throwing their guns to try and block awp shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yes. Best game.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Terrific Accident posted:

Cue a week of everyone in sub.io throwing their guns to try and block awp shots.

Challenge accepted

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does every single god dang time I open the game, it gives me the can't sync with steam cloud thing and I have to close that and open the game again and it works fine

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

Why does every single god dang time I open the game, it gives me the can't sync with steam cloud thing and I have to close that and open the game again and it works fine

Have you tried verifying your cache?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I caved in and bought a rootkit subscription again after getting a little bit too upset over faceit's servers and their tendency to make people teleport around corners

It was a good time. Say what you want about ESEA, but drat if their servers don't knock the competition out of the water

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

esea is good

e: but i hope lpkane doesnt know what i jack my dingus off to

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

runod posted:

esea is good

e: but i hope lpkane doesnt know what i jack my dingus off to

i know what you jack your dingus to mr. private anime tracker mod

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Optic just traded Stanislaw for Hiko.

What the gently caress is with NA teams and shooting themselves in the dick? Optic was looking so good.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

lol wasn't stanislaw the igl. So they saw how not having one wen't so well for liquid and they decided to swap theirs for hiko. Oh boy. Maybe liquid are the winners out of that trade.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Optic just traded Stanislaw for Hiko.

What the gently caress is with NA teams and shooting themselves in the dick? Optic was looking so good.

Now I'm torn on if I become an Optic fan or just stick with Liquid. I like Hiko. He seems nice.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Goddammit, learn to VP through this poo poo, CS teams. Work on your poo poo, don't just trade people as soon as something goes wrong.

Hiko is a nice dude, but also his igl outside of vibes seems pretty weak.

Also definitely be an optic fan, sterster.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

surc posted:

Goddammit, learn to VP through this poo poo, CS teams. Work on your poo poo, don't just trade people as soon as something goes wrong.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

To be fair, Liquid has been having issues for a while, even when they had S1mple.

But Hiko has been looking really burnt out. I can't see this as anything but a downgrade for Optic. Stanislaw had been both fragging and igl-ing really well for them

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well the issue with liquid seemed to be everyone wanted to do their own thing and they did which was a loving mess because only elige could do their own thing alone. So its good for them if that's how the ball bounces. The thing at optic was stannislaw who seemed to have basic igl poo poo down could make the the run and shootman players work together and he had gotten the better click heads peoples so it was just a matter of making them cooperate to lead to win/topfinishes If I'm an optic person im screaming at this moment. The only people team to ever make 5 peeeps doing their own poo poo work was fnatic and it was only for a while when they were all top 10 players in the world. Like how can you be the optic teamowner without freaking out at this point if you are getting hiko who's just going to say go a guys i'm a bait you going b every round.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 2, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Demostrs posted:

i know what you jack your dingus to mr. private anime tracker mod

same

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I didn't think Hiko was igl for Liquid when they were at New York and Cologne was he? He seemed to be playing relatively well during that period and the igl stuff has stifled his play.

Edit: vvv If true loving baller

sterster fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 2, 2017

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

apparently the story is staqnislaw was 30 mins late to practice and when they sent him a message asking where he was he said hed just been signing to a new team lmfao

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

apparently the story is staqnislaw was 30 mins late to practice and when they sent him a message asking where he was he said hed just been signing to a new team lmfao

Why is it almost always the NA teams with the hilarious dumb drama?

Edit: can't wait for Optic to tear Liquid a new rear end in a top hat next time they meet (pls pls pls let it be Las Vegas)

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 2, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I don't know what Hiko expects to accomplish on Optic, or what they expect to get out of Hiko.

Probably another year or two of losing and then Hiko stops pretending he's pro material.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

Optic also kick stanislaw w/ no warning after most major leagues had started, thus basically loving him. yea, they took him back in the end, but if I'm stanislaw, I get why he doesn't feel obligated to tell them.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Optic also kick stanislaw w/ no warning after most major leagues had started, thus basically loving him. yea, they took him back in the end, but if I'm stanislaw, I get why he doesn't feel obligated to tell them.

true, but orgs are always going to be lovely and pull garbage like that. this fucks over his teammates this time.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

true, but orgs are always going to be lovely and pull garbage like that. this fucks over his teammates this time.

Eh he gave the org time to arrange a swap, which is way more than you can say Optic did for him. If I'm working for a company and they fire me, only to decide to fire one of my friends instead and let me stay, I'm obviously not going to want to stick around. Sure, not quite analogous with a team, but I think it's super understandable.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Eh he gave the org time to arrange a swap, which is way more than you can say Optic did for him. If I'm working for a company and they fire me, only to decide to fire one of my friends instead and let me stay, I'm obviously not going to want to stick around. Sure, not quite analogous with a team, but I think it's super understandable.

I mean, at least tell your teammates whats going on, and not just after you've already quit?

whatever, dude is a kid. he'll hopefully grow up.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, at least tell your teammates whats going on, and not just after you've already quit?

whatever, dude is a kid. he'll hopefully grow up.

This is not a "dude is a kid" move at all, this is pretty much a good idea/standard practice in all industries, especially if they have issues with management at their current job. Like Fusion Restaurant said, if my bosses were all "Hey we're firing you! Oh wait after we fired you it turns out we need you, we're re-hiring you!", I would certainly be looking for a new job, and I would not go around the office going "Hey coworkers, FYI I'm gonna quit soon, just looking for a better job!"

I would go to job interviews, take an offer I liked, and then ask for a couple weeks so I could give notice at my old job and help them set up to transition somebody else in. Which is exactly what stan seems to have done.

E: Actually, hell, this pretty much happened with one of the guys in my department like a month ago, only he wasn't even fired/rehired, just underpaid. Came in one day, said "Hey, I got a job at another company paying me more, gonna go talk to the manager and let them know I'm leaving, I might be around for 2-3 more weeks to help with the transition". I was bummed, because he was one of the people I got along with best, but I wasn't surprised he hadn't told anybody he was leaving before he got the job. (The company ended up having him use his remaining 2 weeks of PTO instead of sticking around to do the transition which seemed weird to me, but also was totally their call.)

surc fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 2, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Shuffles ahoy. Ex6tenz sad on Twitter as LDLC is murdered behind his back.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Shuffles ahoy. Ex6tenz sad on Twitter as LDLC is murdered behind his back.

IIRC there's a report that Happy and SIXER are pilfering xms from LDLC, as well as RPK and devoduvek from Vexed. Dunno about any of the other LDLC players.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

This is not a "dude is a kid" move at all, this is pretty much a good idea/standard practice in all industries, especially if they have issues with management at their current job. Like Fusion Restaurant said, if my bosses were all "Hey we're firing you! Oh wait after we fired you it turns out we need you, we're re-hiring you!", I would certainly be looking for a new job, and I would not go around the office going "Hey coworkers, FYI I'm gonna quit soon, just looking for a better job!"

I would go to job interviews, take an offer I liked, and then ask for a couple weeks so I could give notice at my old job and help them set up to transition somebody else in. Which is exactly what stan seems to have done.

Except in this case, he told them he was already out only after they asked him why he wasn't at the practice they had previously set up. That's pretty disrespectful.

Ghosting your coworkers isn't cool :shrug:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

Except in this case, he told them he was already out only after they asked him why he wasn't at the practice they had previously set up. That's pretty disrespectful.

Ghosting your coworkers isn't cool :shrug:

So what, give them two weeks notice? So they can learn to play more cohesively with a lineup that will cease to exist in a few days?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

No, it was just unfortunate timing. That's like showing up to work and there is mandatory training going on. It's lovely in that way but normal

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gingerbread House Music posted:

So what, give them two weeks notice? So they can learn to play more cohesively with a lineup that will cease to exist in a few days?

I mean, yeah, they took time out of their day to practice thinking that someone would be there, and it turned out they wasted their time entirely.

Texting "hey this is going on, don't bother practicing" a few hours before hand isn't that hard. It's not like practice is an impromptu thing with these teams.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, yeah, they took time out of their day to practice thinking that someone would be there, and it turned out they wasted their time entirely.

Texting "hey this is going on, don't bother practicing" a few hours before hand isn't that hard. It's not like practice is an impromptu thing with these teams.

They didn't "take time out of their day", they logged on to their practice server because it's their job.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

Umm, I think you're applying like a 2003 mentality to 2017 esports. There's big money involved here and the team is being paid to practice, or in the event someone can't show up, review demos or strategy or some other such activity regardless. If you planned to leave your job would you tell all of your other coworkers to just not bother showing up for work anymore? From Stan's side, it's the professional (and financially prudent) thing to do to not mention this until the deal is officially signed, as he could really get screwed over if the deal were to fall through but his team already knew he was on his way out. Again, if you found a new job I'm pretty sure you would not say a loving word to your boss or your coworkers until you've accepted an official offer (and if you would then you're an idiot). Not sure why you think it's such a dick move. If he ghosted the team because he felt like getting a burrito instead, that's a different story.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

real dilemma posted:

If he ghosted the team because he felt like getting a burrito instead

then no one would even blink

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yo anyone got any 144hz monitor recommendos? I'm lookin at this asus one everyone loves and peepin ViewSonic but I'm not sure about it. Thought I'd crowdsource an outside opinon before dropping $250+ on a screen

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'll personally vouch for the asus one, the colors even look pretty good at 144hz modes. Love the thing.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Re: 144hz monitors I tried and liked the BenQ 24" and Dell 27", but ended up going with a way overboard ROG one because I make bad financial decisions. Still, either of those two were also quite good I thought.

stump collector posted:

then no one would even blink

honestly the list of things/ppl I'd ghost for a burrito is p large

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i recommend the asus

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

i got one of them benq's and i like it a lot but i had to dick with the colors for an extremely long time before i got a setting i liked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Xenaero posted:

I'll personally vouch for the asus one, the colors even look pretty good at 144hz modes. Love the thing.

What are your color settings, oh great gamer lizard