Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
When's the next juggernaut rework so we can get a new skarner mini game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
In Riots parlance, juggernauts are fighters, not tanks. They are designed to be low mobility, high damage, melee characters. Presumably the tank update will sharpen the contrast between fighters and tanks by cutting the amount of damage full tanks can do to squishies but improving their utility and disruptiveness.

E: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/3A5uuBw7-champion-subclass-list. That should let you know what kind of champs they are looking at reworking

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/dev-blog-classes-subclasses

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sexpansion posted:

Next large-scale champion rework project is tanks, so expect that to completely break the game soon.

The idea is to nerf the armor items and buff the MR items so I expect it to be p gucci. We'll see of course, maybe they overtune the tanks further to keep them balanced, but apparently Riot doesn't like how easy it is to get beefy against physical attacks ATM.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

This game sucks lol

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

thelazyblank posted:

I imagine this one will make assassins insane for some reason. Probably because the assassin one made tanks insane.

The initial Courage of the Colossus tanks insane, and it just happened to occur on the same patch as the assassin rework. So that means Riot will change Deathfire Touch into a free Zed-ult or accidentally make the Last Whisper items into assassin items on the same patch as the tank rework.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I seriously rather have an afk than play with an autofilled support. Its just disgusting, forced me to basically stop playing one of my favorite roles. I will wait 15 minutes in queue every day rather than have autofilled enable get 3 min queues but 20 min guranteed ff games because your autofilled support picks Thresh and lands 1 hook approximately every 10 minutes. They seriously need to remove autofill put that in Flex queue if you want to have quick fun games.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Firebert posted:

In Riots parlance, juggernauts are fighters, not tanks. They are designed to be low mobility, high damage, melee characters. Presumably the tank update will sharpen the contrast between fighters and tanks by cutting the amount of damage full tanks can do to squishies but improving their utility and disruptiveness.

E: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/3A5uuBw7-champion-subclass-list. That should let you know what kind of champs they are looking at reworking

Yeah I think it doesn't really help the distinction when maokai can just stick on your adc until they die like some sort of unstoppable juggernaut but I think it's kind of an awkward situation where they have to be good enough to be played in the top lane and cs appropriately.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I think it doesn't really help the distinction when maokai can just stick on your adc until they die like some sort of unstoppable juggernaut but I think it's kind of an awkward situation where they have to be good enough to be played in the top lane and cs appropriately.

Almost all of the broken champs right now are the ones that fill too many of those roles. It's a fun game to play.

Camille? Skirmisher and juggernaut.

Rengar? Assassin and Diver.

Zyra? Burst mage and disruptor.

etc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

e:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 31, 2017

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

It's great that 2 assassins are already on the tier 1 rework list, and I'm legitimately surprised Ryze isn't on there again somehow.

I hope they give rammus a sweet ramp to hop over stuff with.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand, I really want to see a modern Dr. Mundo.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
NOOOOOOO, don't touch my Kyle, Riot!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
wtf Morgana's design is just fine, there is nothing that needs updating on her kit. if they give her stupid 3 hit passives or whatever i will be sorely disappointed

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

wtf Morgana's design is just fine, there is nothing that needs updating on her kit. if they give her stupid 3 hit passives or whatever i will be sorely disappointed

I think Morganas kit is an excellent example of a simpler champion design and I don't think it needs to be touched.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ulio posted:

I seriously rather have an afk than play with an autofilled support. Its just disgusting, forced me to basically stop playing one of my favorite roles. I will wait 15 minutes in queue every day rather than have autofilled enable get 3 min queues but 20 min guranteed ff games because your autofilled support picks Thresh and lands 1 hook approximately every 10 minutes. They seriously need to remove autofill put that in Flex queue if you want to have quick fun games.

I had this happen a few games ago with a blitzcrank but I had luckily picked MF and so it didn't matter if he missed all his hooks

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Kokoro Wish posted:

On the other hand, I really want to see a modern Dr. Mundo.

Q now has a chain he can re press q to gap close with, w pulses like Leona shield and ccs when it explodes, e unchanged, r makes his autos root enemies while it's active, instead of saying "Mundo go this way" he's really sarcastic now like "oh I think I'll go over here... assuming nobody says otherwise? Didn't think so" and he's got robot arms and Godzilla spikes down his back now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

How Rude posted:

They should change her W into something interesting and give her model the overhaul that both Kayle and Morg need badly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

lol

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

How Rude posted:

They said Morg is mostly fine and won't get many changes. Kayle is the one that's kinda a dumpster fire.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Kayle's fine imo

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

henkman posted:

Kayle's fine imo

She's kinda stupid because she scales like an ADC but way harder than even the strongest actual AD carries, and she's very hard to disrupt because she requires so much CC to pin down with her ulti being a thing. Her earlygame is also better than most carries too, to boot. Her design 'works' but could use tuning to like, fit within the paradigms of what League expects out of a carry tbqh.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Cho'gath has badly fallen behind the times, especially in the era of trying to hit his Q when half the champs in the game will have a 3 second cooldown dash or can straight murder his face off, not to mention everyone and everything has % health damage now.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Transient People posted:

She's kinda stupid because she scales like an ADC but way harder than even the strongest actual AD carries, and she's very hard to disrupt because she requires so much CC to pin down with her ulti being a thing. Her earlygame is also better than most carries too, to boot. Her design 'works' but could use tuning to like, fit within the paradigms of what League expects out of a carry tbqh.

Yeah that's all fair, but I think that could be fixed with numbers tuning and she doesn't really need to be on that list like cho, akali, and xin zhao need to be

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

henkman posted:

Yeah that's all fair, but I think that could be fixed with numbers tuning and she doesn't really need to be on that list like cho, akali, and xin zhao need to be

I feel like Intervention really doesn't belong on that kit along with that damage, personally. Not without some kinda delay or something, so long as it's instant Kayle will always hit that 'lol you cannot do anything to me' point if the game goes long enough where she wins by default. Wouldn't be opposed to her getting a new ult that fits an avenging angel more, tbqh.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

They should change her W into something interesting and give her model the overhaul that both Kayle and Morg need badly.

There's a lot of situations where Morg basically has two skills instead of three. If you're playing her mid against AD, her shield does nothing; if you're playing her support, her E procs Spellthiefs, pushes in early levels, and that's it. There's not much gameplay involved there. Her power is so heavily invested in her Q that she's basically ranged Blitzcrank: hit your skillshot they die, miss it you stand around until your cooldown is back. She's also super reliant on both flash and Zhonya's for her ult.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cho gath is cool, hes my big friend. you cant flash his silence its weird, peace

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I rolled my eyes so hard I hurt myself.

Sexpansion posted:

I think Morganas kit is an excellent example of a simpler champion design and I don't think it needs to be touched.

I dislike that they seem to be slowly removing simple abilities. It's sometimes done with the reasoning that the character is binary or linear, but is it really a problem that to be stamped out?

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 1, 2017

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
...why? That's... that seems like it's pretty efficiently splitting them up.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

curiousCat posted:

...why? That's... that seems like it's pretty efficiently splitting them up.

Marksman/Marksman is funny as poo poo tbqh

The rest more or less makes good sense

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

BTW, I dunno if anybody's posted this yet, but:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/01/dev-state-of-champion-update-january.html

This is a pretty interesting post. Apparently they want to make most tanks much less samey (because right now they're what Riot calls 'Amumu variations' since they all poo poo out some CC and then do ambient damage) and make them benefit way more from tank items than anybody else. New tanking statistic about to be introduced?!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

marksmen marksmen still makes me laugh it's just so good

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

a medical mystery posted:

marksmen marksmen still makes me laugh it's just so good

there is only one type of clickyman and they are all the same. an accurate table

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
riot please destroy yasuo and all yasuo players thanks

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

I would be super pissed at a Pantheon rework, his kit is extremely fine. Especially given Skarner was such a fuckup on their part.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I would be super pissed at a Pantheon rework, his kit is extremely fine. Especially given Skarner was such a fuckup on their part.

A panth rework would probably just be 'spear is a skillshot with twice the range it has now'

Like it happened with veigar basically

That'd probably be an A-OK tradeoff

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Transient People posted:

A panth rework would probably just be 'spear is a skillshot with twice the range it has now'

Like it happened with veigar basically

That'd probably be an A-OK tradeoff

They'll make his spear go through multiple enemies and knock up whatever it hits at the end of its path. For some inexplicable reason this will do more damage if the other team killed the Rift Herald. They'll rejigger his ult a bit and then AP Pantheon will be his best build.

Riot will try to fix it; the fix crashes the game if Pantheon and Syndra are on the same team but not if the other team picks Urgot.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Oh come on. I've played a bunch of Pantheon too, and the only thing they need to keep from the old kit is his passive and ult. As a solo laner, he's oppressive, one-dimensional, and completely braindead other than his ult. At the very least, they need to make shaco-esque changes to his scaling so that being up a kill and 30cs is basically going even because of the cliff he drops off.

People can make fun of Riot reworks and I get that you're mad about Skarner, but things do improve over time. If you'd rather play with old Warwick than new, your head is broken.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

I love morgana a lot and don't want them to make her kit complicated or anything but I feel like her passive and ult could be messed with without drastically changing her playstyle. imo her ult in particular doesn't really make sense and is too reliant on either zhonya's or your team being ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
And please keep in mind what he's saying. If I'm reading it right, those are just candidates for their most work-intensive reworks. It doesn't mean that they're going to do to Nunu what they did to LeBlanc, it means that those are the next ones on the table for Warwick-esque full relaunches.

• Locked thread