Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

gahhh i'm so mad at this one

My wife [19 F] thinks [23 M] I don't love her!

quote:

quote:
I live in California and have a very nice but busy life. I'm a very high-income earner and my days and weeks are packed full. To ensure I can have "me time" (reading, exercise, language practice, etc.), I wake up at 5:10 a.m. every day and, to make sure I get good sleep, I fall asleep at 10:10 p.m. (laying in bed at 9:58 p.m. so I can fall asleep in 10-12 minutes).

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

thanks whoever jogged my memory with the 1000 crunches Antivehicular

Lysistrata fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i mean on the plus side when she divorces him she'll get an absolutely heinous amount of alimony and he'll be free to code 23 hours out of the day with a full hour to stare at his loving car without any human needs and responsibilities getting in the way, win-win

Gotta say, it's gonna be pretty killer for her to get a great upper middle class wage from alimony and child support at age 19 or 20.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

she'll have earned it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

You don't get it man, he likes those cars. Wifey's just going to have to deal.

he gets the things he wants, she gets to do the things he wants her to

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What are the odds on that baby not being his, considering he leaves for weeks and even then has "no time to even respond to texts or emails."

I'd say probably 3:1

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My [26F] best friend [26M] and my boyfriend [24M] are at odds with each other and I don't know how to handle it.

u/MyVaginaIsCute

I've been with Jared for 6 months, friends with Hans for 11 years. I'll begin by painting what my relationship with Hans has been like.

In the 11 years we've known each other, there has been no romance there whatsoever. He is like a brother to me. I'm 100% confident that he doesn't fancy me, so I want to shut that down now because I feel that it's going to come up in the comments. He's athletic and fit and only dates athletic and fit women, I'm overweight and not attracted to him.

Hans is used to me putting him above other people, going across the country to see him when he's upset (it's easier that way because he has a spare room and I don't, about a two hour train) etc but has recently become really quite needy because he's upset that everyone seems to be putting their relationships as their highest priority at the moment. When he talks he's almost scornful that I'm with someone (we were the two single ones until last year). He talks endlessly about girls he likes and who have dumped him because they didn't want to commit; it's almost all we talk about. He asks where I am when I'm not talking to him, almost to check that I'm not ignoring him for Jared.

Jared is getting sick of me talking to Hans, he thinks I should stop being friends with him. He also is 'absolutely sure' that Hans fancies me and 'knows what men are like'. They've never met and it's irritating. It's a fairly frequent point of contention with us.

They're basically both irritating me for no good reason and I want them to just see each other as they should. Hans is no romantic threat to Jared and I'm capable of having a friend and a boyfriend at the same time, they don't have to compete.

I haven't slept round Hans since I've gotten with Jared, I've gone home in the evening, I know a lot of people wouldn't be okay with their girlfriend sleeping over at another man's house. It's a shame it has to be that way, but that's just life I suppose. Previous boyfriends didn't have a problem with it.

How can I handle this?

tl;dr: Boyfriend and best friend at each other's throats for pathetic reasons, how to handle it?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

he gets the things he wants, she gets to do the things he wants her to

:v: I don't know how she can be so upset, she has the one thing every girl wants: a husband with a really expensive car
:j: actually i
:v: neoooooowwrrrrr vrooooooooom beep beep

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My [26F] best friend [26M] and my boyfriend [24M] are at odds with each other and I don't know how to handle it.

u/MyVaginaIsCute

I've been with Jared for 6 months, friends with Hans for 11 years. I'll begin by painting what my relationship with Hans has been like.

In the 11 years we've known each other, there has been no romance there whatsoever. He is like a brother to me. I'm 100% confident that he doesn't fancy me, so I want to shut that down now because I feel that it's going to come up in the comments. He's athletic and fit and only dates athletic and fit women, I'm overweight and not attracted to him.

Hans is used to me putting him above other people, going across the country to see him when he's upset (it's easier that way because he has a spare room and I don't, about a two hour train) etc but has recently become really quite needy because he's upset that everyone seems to be putting their relationships as their highest priority at the moment. When he talks he's almost scornful that I'm with someone (we were the two single ones until last year). He talks endlessly about girls he likes and who have dumped him because they didn't want to commit; it's almost all we talk about. He asks where I am when I'm not talking to him, almost to check that I'm not ignoring him for Jared.

Jared is getting sick of me talking to Hans, he thinks I should stop being friends with him. He also is 'absolutely sure' that Hans fancies me and 'knows what men are like'. They've never met and it's irritating. It's a fairly frequent point of contention with us.

They're basically both irritating me for no good reason and I want them to just see each other as they should. Hans is no romantic threat to Jared and I'm capable of having a friend and a boyfriend at the same time, they don't have to compete.

I haven't slept round Hans since I've gotten with Jared, I've gone home in the evening, I know a lot of people wouldn't be okay with their girlfriend sleeping over at another man's house. It's a shame it has to be that way, but that's just life I suppose. Previous boyfriends didn't have a problem with it.

How can I handle this?

tl;dr: Boyfriend and best friend at each other's throats for pathetic reasons, how to handle it?

Have them meet. They'll either become best friends or have a duel to see who gets you.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

also lol there's nothing more pathetic than somebody who gets a good income and immediately starts spending it on the most extravagant things they can find. Also that guy sounds like he's imposing this world schedule on himself to feel important.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love how many guy friends will loudly and insultingly proclaim how they have no interest in you yet get incredibly fuckin pissy if you spend time with any other guy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Pick posted:

I love how many guy friends will loudly and insultingly proclaim how they have no interest in you yet get incredibly fuckin pissy if you spend time with any other guy

Maybe the guy friends think the girl friends aren't interested and it becomes an ouroboros of confusing feelings and jealousy.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Holy trickletruth, Batman!

Me [30F] with my boyfriend [30M] 16 months, trust issues after I did something stupid.

u/MissBibliophile

Hi Reddit -

I come to you all because I'm desperate for advice about my situation, just like the rest of you. I'll try to be concise. My bf and I have been having quite a bit of conflict over the last few months, mostly about household situations - cleaning, shared chores, living space - (I don't live with him but I do spend 99% of time at his house - living with parents while in school), how we spend our time together, etc. When we have conflict I tend to become very emotional, my feelings get hurt easily and the situation escalates. THis has been a source of tension for us over the last two months or so. I've been feeling afraid to bring things up with him because of fear of conflict or concern that he will be angry with me, and stupidly have felt that it would be better to not tell him things to avoid conflict and him being upset with me.

The primary issue boils down to two things: 1. I downloaded Bumble to explore the BFF option to meet women-friends after reading about it. Should have talked to partner about it, failed to do so, didn't consider his opinion about it or think it was a big deal. 2. Communication with a ex of mine of 10 years, that was an bf in HS and for a year in college. A person I was friends now with but have absolutely no romantic interest in - he is in a serious relationship himself. We've shared the same core of friends from HS, so have continued to stay in touch over the years.

Anyway. We go out to dinner with my family and somehow I managed to inadvertently open the Bumble app and a guy's' picture appears on my screen. I look down confused and then mortified. Bf saw it and brought it up later. I tried to explain that I'd used the app to match with women (sounds super weird, but it's true) and that I did not know how the guy had come up. Later, when not in public, I told him that a few months ago we'd had an ugly fight and I thought we were over, that I had no idea what to think. I felt fearful that I would soon be single again, and the curious/stupid part of me wanted to know what the heck I was going to have to deal with after we broke up. I had bumble downloaded for the reason mentioned before - I switched it from BFF to men - and scrolled through a couple of profiles. It was so stupid easy to do so. I IMMEDIATELY stopped, and felt awful. I recognized what I was doing was NOT okay, and it made me feel horrible, since I had no intention whatsoever to solicit any thing from any random dudes, as I care deeply about my partner and the relationship. It was a HUGE mistake on my part. Should have talked to my bf at the time but felt afraid to do, afraid to cause more conflict, afraid I would lose him, so I said nothing. In my mind, protecting the relationship from my error.

I didn't use the app again, forgot all about it until the incident that happened just recently. My intention does not make the situation ANY better, I realize, and it was still a terrible thing to do to someone you love, even if feeling sad/weak/fearful about an impending breakup...that did not happen. My bf was devastated to learn this information, and has been cheated on in the past. I tried to explain but it did not make the situation better. He then asked if there was more information he needed to know. I explained that my ex/friend had texted me a few days ago wanting some information about an ear infection (I'm in nursing school). I did not tell my bf (again fearing conflict, wanting to avoid arguing with him, trying to act on my own and take care of the situation) and deleted the conversation as to avoid all conflict should he see the convo on my phone. The ex/friend and I are not talking, and have severed almost all ties since my bf and I discussed that a friendship between the two of us crossed a boundary of his (this occurred months ago). Again, not the right thing to do but at the time I felt like the last thing I needed was another fight with my bf - I try to avoid conflict with him as it always seems to escalate to a place that is not useful and we both end up exhausted and frustrated.

My boyfriend is suspicious and doesn't believe that I am being truthful, feels as though there is more information, something more devious that happened that I am withholding. I swear there is nothing more to be said, no illicit conversations that I deleted, no messages from guys on dating apps. Nada. I looked at those two profiles, felt AWFUL and immediately stopped. It went no further. I think cheating is awful and something I'd never do, especially since my bf has been cheated on in the past.

He has decided to pull way back on the relationship and revert back to how things were when we were only dating casually, yet we are still a couple. He is angry, withdrawn and feels as though I have to earn back everything that we have worked towards and I cannot say that I blame him. It still breaks my heart and has caused me and him deep agony. I do not want this, I am afraid for the future of the relationship.

I'm devastated, ashamed, and uncertain about the future. I have betrayed the trust of the person I love so dearly - in a moment of anxiety, fear and concern about a breakup - and it has come to this point. I want to work things out and build his trust again. I did not communicate with any other men, I have no engaged in any illicit contact with any other person, I only have eyes for my boyfriend. He is angry, and there is no love coming from his words or actions right now despite him saying he wants to stay together and work through things, even if it is hard. He said that most advice says to break up with me, and that he is ignoring his gut that something else is going on (with my old ex/now friend or someone random) - despite me telling him there is nothing. I cannot convince him otherwise. It kills me. He also said a part of him thinks I acted stupidly and walked a very thin line, but that nothing else occurred.

I question why he would stick it out with me, and pray this isn't a way to punish me. Maybe I deserve it.

How can I make this right, if ever? I am concerned that he will leave me to hang in the wind emotionally, will never trust me again and that I will suffer terrible heartache trying to win back the affections of this person I love. I have little hope that my efforts will suffice. What can I do? How does one make this right? I know that every person has doubts about their relationships at times and that it is human to be curious. It doesn't make it right to act on that feeling, and I am not condoning my behavior. I realize I have some maturing that I need to do, need to work on my communication skills. I'm in therapy and suggested he and I go together.

:(

tl;dr: Boyfriend saw picture of guy on phone and now we are walking on a thin, scary line. I'm devastated.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

u/MyVaginaIsCute

I have nothing of value to contribute but I read this as My Vaginal Scute and I am very entertained by it

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

That's all you have to read to know that the friendship is going to be some weird and childish pseudo-relationship no matter how much she insists that everyone's feelings are strictly platonic.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Holy trickletruth, Batman!

Me [30F] with my boyfriend [30M] 16 months, trust issues after I did something stupid.

If she's being honest then she's done a hell of a job doing everything possible to make it look like she's cheating. I mean at that point whether it's happened or not they should probably just end things, it almost comes across as some sort of weird power play.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

i'm not the greatest at reading signals, and this has happened to me a loooooooottttttttttt, and it is genuinely perplexing every single time

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

If she's being honest then she's done a hell of a job doing everything possible to make it look like she's cheating. I mean at that point whether it's happened or not they should probably just end things, it almost comes across as some sort of weird power play.

seriously, 16 months and she's checking dating apps? I think she's mostly mad that she got caught before she could ask for an open relationship

:qq: "we're back to the casual dating/building trust stage... how can I convince him to let me gently caress other people now?" :qq:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

For anyone who isn't a programmer - the hours he works are almost certainly his own choice and he's deluded himself into thinking they're necessary. Even if he does work at a nightmare company like he implies, it's easy enough to interview and look for more work.

Nah, pretty sure he's doing it because he's an idiot with money:

quote:

I work from 8:00 a.m. and come home at 9:20 p.m. most days. Then I prepare for the next day, work a tiny bit, and then go to bed. I don't know what to do to save our marriage and bond. If I quit, I'd go into massive debt north of 6 figures. I can't see a way out.

Like I can see the house being one of the debts but something don't sound right here

E: missed some of the follow up in between, dude's off his rocker spending that kinda cash :psyduck: another of those "throw money at the problem until it goes away" types

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 1, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Like I can see the house being one of the debts but something don't sound right here

that's the problem, you didn't catch the plurals

he has rolls royces, and houses

as in, he has more than one of each

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i make $115K a year, obviously I should be decked out like Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Nah but that's my point, no way is it actually necessary for him to work that much to earn his wage, he's imposing that on himself. (With help from his peers/company culture). Choosing to work more because it earns you more is valid (if you're single and really want to do nothing but work) but I don't even think that's the situation he's in - I'm guessing the marginal reward of hours...55 and on is near 0.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

i make $115K a year, obviously I should be decked out like Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Remind me not to accept any salads from you then

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

hahaha yep

i just don't get why he thinks he's that rich. it's not like there isn't dozens of different price points for luxury cars. If you have to pay monthly payments on your luxury car, you shouldn't have a luxury car, or you should buy a cheaper one you can afford.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I think we already established in this thread if you make over 40k a year you are bougie scum and will be first against the wall when the revolution comes

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

I think we already established in this thread if you make over 40k a year you are bougie scum and will be first against the wall when the revolution comes

I'd like to have you first against the wall, hot stuff

:wink:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Psycho Society posted:

I'd like to have you first against the wall, hot stuff

:wink:

pm me

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean it's clear that Autism Programs isn't an example of this, but the pregnancy thing got me wondering at first: is there a phenomenon where a guy, on learning he's about to become a father, suddenly becomes a massive workaholic to prepare?

Because that's what my first instinct was when I read that part, and looking back I don't know if that's a thing.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I mean it's clear that Autism Programs isn't an example of this, but the pregnancy thing got me wondering at first: is there a phenomenon where a guy, on learning he's about to become a father, suddenly becomes a massive workaholic to prepare?

Because that's what my first instinct was when I read that part, and looking back I don't know if that's a thing.

it's not unusual for people to do that, but they don't generally also buy rolls royces and multiple houses

this guy is just a techbro trying really hard to live the life of his unmarried colleagues

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, no this guy is a total poo poo and I feel bad for his emotionally abandoned wife

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

I [24F] started working out and my butt got bigger. Bf [24M] told me he doesn't like it and now I don't know what to do.Relationships

I've been working out and aiming to shape my body rather than just lose weight. I didn't start with a loss goal, I just wanted to feel healthier and for my clothes to look better on me. So basically as a part of my routine I've been doing squats like crazy. And yeah, my butt has grown in size. It sticks out now. I love it. I love big butts in general but I understand people have different preferences.

My boyfriend has turned out to have this different preference. The other day I was looking at myself in the mirror while he was in the bed and I was kind of...jiggling my butt around? Tmi I know. So I said something along the lines of i love how my butt looks now and he looked nervous but he spoke up and told me he thinks it's too big. So of course I was like what? And he told me that he doesn't really like bigger butts/thighs. They look sloppy to him. And that it feels like now sex is troublesome from behind because he thinks he has a hard time getting closer/deeper. He just thinks there's too much back there now.

He then asked me if I could stop the squats completely and maybe try some exercises that would minimize my butt. He said he still thinks my face and upper half are gorgeous, he just wishes my bottom half was thinner like before because big thighs make me look less dainty.

I get that everyone has preferences but I'm kind of devastated. It really hurt to hear all of that. Our relationship was pretty great before this so I'm kind of lost on what to do. Should I alter my workouts? I like my body but I get that he's my partner and should like it too. But even then I can't lose weight just on my butt or ensure that it shrinks. This sucks. I'm confused and pretty drat sad.

Tl;dr: worked out, got a big butt. Bf doesn't like big butts. Wants me to try shrinking it. Not sure how to handle it.

Boyfriend gotta little dick

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI-KNZI2gO4

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

smdh does that man not understand how lucky he is to find a girl that ENJOYS doing squats????

girl needs to ditch that gains goblin

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
if you can't get behind those thick rear end thighs and booty please step aside son

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Psycho Society posted:

if you can't get behind those thick rear end thighs and booty please step aside son

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

What is it with rear end that makes all the pervos feel the need to comment on it? You don't see the same thing happen with boobs or legs.

No one says "Suck the titties like a lollipop" or whatever equivalent to "eat the booty like groceries."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WampaLord posted:

What is it with rear end that makes all the pervos feel the need to comment on it? You don't see the same thing happen with boobs or legs.

No one says "Suck the titties like a lollipop" or whatever equivalent to "eat the booty like groceries."

Butts are good and everyone can have a good butt with some squats

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

:murder: him with your big butt and then do 100 squats.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

they heard songs about it by people who are cooler than they are that they wish to emulate

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

WampaLord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFxPEMXYIY&t=40s

:smugbert:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

There's no real debate over dongs or tits so no one feels the need to defend their preference. Like yeah sure some people prefer small dicks or boobs but they understand they're in the minority and for everyone else bigger (within reason) is generally considered better. Butts and legs not so much, it's been pretty recent that media has started to nod towards "thicc" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Extremely well played.

:golfclap: