Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Younger siblings loudly complaining about things the older ones have already gone through is a tale as old as time

Case in point: One of the older brothers mentioning that his complaining/anguish was bringing him joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah I actually kinda like the weird zone the show has been in lately. They're more willing to only do a couple questions and do longer bits/tangents where they talk about themselves. I've enjoyed it as a refreshing change of pace after a pretty set format for 6+ years.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/826497752238608384
Cannot loving wait

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Some of my favorite Polygon overviews and Monster Factories involved Griffin chatting with randos in mmos, hoping this is mainlining that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hell yeah.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not up on my MMO UIs. What game is this?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Asiina posted:

I'm not up on my MMO UIs. What game is this?

Wow

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kenny Logins posted:

Travis hasn't mentioned it on TAZ or MBMBaM but he has on others (Interrobang, Shmanners, Trends Like These, probably Bunker Buddies if I still listened to it).

Ah, that explains it. I don't listen to those.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I'm not sure if you're saying "Wow, I can't believe you don't know this" or WoW.

It's probably both.

I missed the WoW train by not having a steady income for subscription fees and then once I did I didn't want to lose my life to it, so I've never played, if that's what it is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm going to be completely honest, I was hoping you would take it entirely as the first one and we'd have a "Who's on first" thing going.

But yes, it's World of Warcraft.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I considered just running with it, but not playing wow is my one secret nerd shame.

It came out just as I was starting university and had no money and then by the time I had money several years later the whole idea of people just disappearing into wow never to be seen again was so cliche I didn't want to fall into that trap so I just never got into it.

Still this wouldn't be the first time I've gotten into something because one of the brothers showed it off (hang on gotta pause Terrace House) so maybe now is the time to dive in and destroy my own life.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I missed the WoW train by giving zero fucks about mmo's but I am def looking forward to Griffin playing one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1qyiPSZRoc

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Has he said what server he's going to be on for that? I might make an alt to play over there

Serf
May 5, 2011

If it is even half as funny as Fitness Jesus Knife Dad then I am up for it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The entire opening of Glass Shark is Justin going full dad and talking about never sleeping and dealing with his baby's "massive, screaming dumps" and it's one of the best episodes ever

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Yeah I considered just running with it, but not playing wow is my one secret nerd shame.

It came out just as I was starting university and had no money and then by the time I had money several years later the whole idea of people just disappearing into wow never to be seen again was so cliche I didn't want to fall into that trap so I just never got into it.

Still this wouldn't be the first time I've gotten into something because one of the brothers showed it off (hang on gotta pause Terrace House) so maybe now is the time to dive in and destroy my own life.

I, on the other hand, have never played World of Warcraft and I make no excuses for it. I'm sure it's a great game but I know myself well enough to know that that's a path I don't want to start down.

Kenny Logins posted:

Some of my favorite Polygon overviews and Monster Factories involved Griffin chatting with randos in mmos, hoping this is mainlining that.

Yeah I ain't mad at it. This should be good.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

ALFbrot posted:

I love Griffin and I know he does a lot of work, but man, I don't remember Justin constantly complaining about baby-induced lack of sleep (maybe he did, but I didn't hear about it in 2-3 different places like Griffin)

Justin made a long Facebook post about how his kid's extreme problem sleeping was getting to the point of ruining all their lives and they were operating on the edge of sanity/health for the better part of a year. It sounded extremely bad. Too bad to talk about on a comedy podcast.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

purple death ray posted:

The entire opening of Glass Shark is Justin going full dad and talking about never sleeping and dealing with his baby's "massive, screaming dumps" and it's one of the best episodes ever

I have been trying to remember what episode this bit was in for a while now, thank you.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Scudworth posted:

Justin made a long Facebook post about how his kid's extreme problem sleeping was getting to the point of ruining all their lives and they were operating on the edge of sanity/health for the better part of a year. It sounded extremely bad. Too bad to talk about on a comedy podcast.

Do you have a link? It sounds like interesting reading...

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I remember there being a short stretch of the adventure zone where Jman seemed pretty burned out

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Jesus they are going to hit critical mass for fan participation. Its going to be knife dad crew times 100. In fact, I'm starting to think that last knife dad ep was the inspiration to go big or go home.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I might be remembering wrong, or maybe confusing it with someone else, but isn't Sweet Baby Henry McElroy also genuinely somewhat sick? Like, there's a thing making it harder than it would be for most typical parents?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SpacePig posted:

I might be remembering wrong, or maybe confusing it with someone else, but isn't Sweet Baby Henry McElroy also genuinely somewhat sick? Like, there's a thing making it harder than it would be for most typical parents?

He was early but Griff said on Twitter that he's perfectly healthy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea he made a joke about Henry having some kinda stomach bug or something and obviously that was likely stressful but he doesn't have a chronic illness or anything that they've said.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's a whole Sawbones about the difficulties surrounding Charlie's birth. It's only really listenable because you know how it ends. Otherwise...it'd be a little scary.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

There's a whole Sawbones about the difficulties surrounding Charlie's birth. It's only really listenable because you know how it ends. Otherwise...it'd be a little scary.

There's an interrobang just after Bebe was born that involves a very scary story about her birth. Teresa and Travis were very lucky.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

purple death ray posted:

There's a whole Sawbones about the difficulties surrounding Charlie's birth. It's only really listenable because you know how it ends.

With Travis getting his rear end kicked?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have listened to my brother my brother and me for ages now but don't really follow them on twitter or read this thread much. So with that in mind I only just realised their tv show wasn't just a bit they were doing (yes I feel really stupid now).

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I think that might be on a private WoW server :stare:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

inthesto posted:

Its about the terror joy that comes from childbirth and seeing people poke at your baby and nobody telling you what's going on. Don't think I've heard Justin be as serious as he was describing baby Charlie's initial 5 minutes after getting plucked from Sydnee. All in all its like they are processing the experience of being new parents with a baby that goes from mommy's tummy into NICU

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 1, 2017

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

inthesto posted:

Why is this the funniest loving thing to me?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I went through the Sawbones archives to find it and it's a good listen, especially hearing baby Charlie in the background of the episode :3: .

And of course Justin would get stuck in an elevator through no fault of his own.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mercury Hat posted:

And of course Justin would get stuck in an elevator through no fault of his own.

I didn't know Justin McElroy was #NeverTrump

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/826829961516421120

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEGdSEOAis&hd=1

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Apparently I'm full of poo poo and it's on the live servers v:v:v

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's a fun idea, but unless he does a bunch of offscreen grinding, is it feasible? I vaguely thought rogue stealth was level-based, in that higher level enemies had a higher chance of breaking it.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It's a fun idea, but unless he does a bunch of offscreen grinding, is it feasible? I vaguely thought rogue stealth was level-based, in that higher level enemies had a higher chance of breaking it.

Stealth detection is based on your level compared to the detector's level, yeah. Plus whatever stealth modifiers you have or detection modifiers the detector has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Since when was sprint a level 32 ability?? I actually did something very similar to this when I played vanilla WoW. I got sprint at what, level 10, level 12? Soon as I got it I blew off everything and just ran through the World of Warcraft, taking the long way from Goldshire all the way to Teldrassil in a PvP server. I had about 75 silver saved up and I blew it all on a pet parrot at Booty Bay. It was a really great journey!