Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Das Boo posted:

Does anyone have the original floor pizza post? I've been able to piece things vaguely together since, but I'm still seeing it referenced and thought I'd finally get around to reading the initial event.

I don't have archives, but Clochette is the legendary poster who married the floor-pizza eater, and her fellow Chris-chan-stalker-turned-husband is The Saurus.
He popped into the GBS Graveyard's incel thread to talk about stretching out his wife's vagina with his massive dong. Good people.
Here's a quote from Clochette I grabbed from the Gas Chamber:

Clochette posted:

I'm shocked that you're unfamiliar with this particular bit of GBS lore. Years ago, when my husband first visited me in America, we stayed in a motel and he ordered a pizza. He ate half of it, then left the box under the bed. I woke the next morning to see him pull the box from underneath the bed and consume the remaining pieces of room-temperature pizza. He repeated this when we moved into our apartment.

I mentioned it in passing in a Ulillillia thread, saying that I thought it was weird and kind of gross. Goons latched onto it and the story has since reached mythical proportions.
/

What a total goonette :j:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I don't have archives, but Clochette is the legendary poster who married the floor-pizza eater, and her fellow Chris-chan-stalker-turned-husband is The Saurus.
He popped into the GBS Graveyard's incel thread to talk about stretching out his wife's vagina with his massive dong. Good people.
Here's a quote from Clochette I grabbed from the Gas Chamber:

/

What a total goonette :j:

I always have trouble remembering his name for some reason (The Saurus), but when I've seen him post he doesn't exactly come off well. Clochette has always seemed decent to me, especially considering the absolute shitpile dumped on her frequently when she posts.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
They met online while stalking a sonic the hedgehog fanatic.

Funny, funky, goony people.

e: I would totally accept floor pizza, for the record.

Dinosaurmageddon has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Feb 1, 2017

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

They met online while stalking a sonic the hedgehog fanatic.

Well yes, I know, but aside from that.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I was going to say "stalking a mentally-challenged sonic the hedgehog fanatic" but then again I repeat myself-

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lowtax: sigh....I feel like an outsider.. *tasks minions to handle everything and minces ineffectually.*

My first account was back in like 2000 or something and while he was a bigger part of everything back then, he was never like the be all end all of the forums. He'd swing in with a Doom House or Pete Harshnish thing, everyone would love him for it, and then we would all go back to making fun of each other for liking the wrong "Tales of" games.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

bradzilla posted:

January 20th: We're making Something Awful Again!

January 31st: *hasn't posted in 4 days*

Devil's advocate: The man doesn't have to post every single day; he has a life outside of these forums.

However, a lot of the stuff he said could be taken as conservative rhetoric. I love the freedom we have on these forums, but like in real life freedom must be tempered with respect and consideration. I don't think moderators should enforce groupthink, but neither should they let bigots and racists feel welcome. For example, if someone thinks "fag" is a fun word to use, that person should be swiftly shown that it is not -- even if they don't think they're hurting anybody, they are adding to the normalization of the word and feeding into the bigoted belief that "fags" are worthy of being mocked.

I like Lowtax. I think he's a funny guy, and he's put a lot of time and money into this site, and even as diminished as it is it's still the best community on the internet. I just worry that the future may find this place becoming more toxic as standards are relaxed. The paywall does a wonderful job of keeping away the 4chan-level dipshits, but as time goes on that may not be enough. I don't want to see this place become Tumblr 2: Genderfluid Boogaloo, but neither do I want to see it become Reddit: The Phantom MRAnace.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I always have trouble remembering his name for some reason (The Saurus), but when I've seen him post he doesn't exactly come off well. Clochette has always seemed decent to me, especially considering the absolute shitpile dumped on her frequently when she posts.

Thanks to you and the other goons. I was not aware the pizza was also under a motel bed, where you would be most likely to find a dead body.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Thanks to you and the other goons. I was not aware the pizza was also under a motel bed, where you would be most likely to find a dead body.

I can't think of time I've been in a hotel that didn't have boards going all the way to the floor of the beds to keep people from putting things under them. Never tried to slide a pizza under them though, so maybe a plain cheese (the toppings could get stuck on the boards and de-cheese the pizza) may fit under one if the construction was shoddy enough to leave a half inch gap or so between board and floor. I'm gonna need more input on this. Let's start a goon kickstarter and I'll travel the country jamming different types of pizzas under different types of hotel beds.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't think of time I've been in a hotel that didn't have boards going all the way to the floor of the beds to keep people from putting things under them. Never tried to slide a pizza under them though, so maybe a plain cheese (the toppings could get stuck on the boards and de-cheese the pizza) may fit under one if the construction was shoddy enough to leave a half inch gap or so between board and floor. I'm gonna need more input on this. Let's start a goon kickstarter and I'll travel the country jamming different types of pizzas under different types of hotel beds.

Float the idea to Food Network.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Saurus made a post recently about his "first percentile" dick that was the best unintentional self-own I've seen in a while.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I was going to say "stalking a mentally-challenged sonic the hedgehog fanatic" but then again I repeat myself-

Everyone is doing it, there was even an episode of Sonic Boom mocking chris-chan.

Beige arms!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

du -hast posted:

:siren: LITERALLY A BIRD: THE DOXXING :siren:

Outcome: LITERALLY A BIRD is not actually a bird.

He/She/Xe is actually a person!!!

They live somewhere, and have an age.

U just got owned by ~the hast man~

This poo poo is so embarrassing

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I can't be the only person noticing the loving creeps pathetically trying to flirt with the mod of this terrible subforum all the time

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought birds of a feather were supposed to flock together.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

You aren't funny

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You aren't funny

Hello gentlemen. You rang?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Hello gentlemen. You rang?

You're the grossest creep on the forums

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You're the grossest creep on the forums

Well, I guess you're in good company then.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Well, I guess you're in good company then.

Your life must be so bleak and empty. I pity you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

What the gently caress is going on in this thread right now

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Peruse the selfie and cosplay threads right here in PYF sometime and maybe you'll understand

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Kelp Me! posted:

Looks like the start of a great saga.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still don't think its one of the greatest sagas of SA though.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Peruse the selfie and cosplay threads right here in PYF sometime and maybe you'll understand

No thanks those threads are probably full of creepy weirdos fawning over other goons, and I get that's probably exactly what you're talking about but it's making GBS threads up this thread something fierce

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

No thanks those threads are probably full of creepy weirdos fawning over other goons, and I get that's probably exactly what you're talking about but it's making GBS threads up this thread something fierce
Sad dudes hitting on the PYF mod is a hidden gem of depraved garbage happening on this website

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still don't think its one of the greatest sagas of SA though.

Give it time. This one guy is trying very hard.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Give it time. This one guy is trying very hard.

VendaGoat posted:

Like Zoinks, Boobs....I mean Scoob!

It took me 30 seconds to find a terrible gross post you wrote

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It took me 30 seconds to find a terrible gross post you wrote

Now post as Kelp Me!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Now post as Kelp Me!

Stop posting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

OldTennisCourt posted:

Anyone remember that thread that was essentially everyone talking about a make believe Ducktales MMO? It was great because everyone worked together perfectly and made it sound so real, with poo poo about class systems, locations, PVP etc, that every page there was at least one person begging for a link to the game.

this sounds fun, someone pls find it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Stop posting

Nice meltdown.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Nice meltdown.

Thanks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm a rhino

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Powaqoatse posted:

this sounds fun, someone pls find it

Just go into Games and ask about F*R*I*E*N*D*S: True Friends. You'll sort of get the same thing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Guy Mann posted:

To be fair trying to argue that the site had become "too liberal" and instituting a widespread moderation coup in response to that just days before Trump's inauguration was some really, really unfortunate timing in hindsight. Especially right on the heels of saying we should be more like Kiwifarms only to have them doxx a bunch of our users and then shut down.

Is this the false news I've been hearing about?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Devil's advocate: The man doesn't have to post every single day; he has a life outside of these forums.

However, a lot of the stuff he said could be taken as conservative rhetoric. I love the freedom we have on these forums, but like in real life freedom must be tempered with respect and consideration. I don't think moderators should enforce groupthink, but neither should they let bigots and racists feel welcome. For example, if someone thinks "fag" is a fun word to use, that person should be swiftly shown that it is not -- even if they don't think they're hurting anybody, they are adding to the normalization of the word and feeding into the bigoted belief that "fags" are worthy of being mocked.

I like Lowtax. I think he's a funny guy, and he's put a lot of time and money into this site, and even as diminished as it is it's still the best community on the internet. I just worry that the future may find this place becoming more toxic as standards are relaxed. The paywall does a wonderful job of keeping away the 4chan-level dipshits, but as time goes on that may not be enough. I don't want to see this place become Tumblr 2: Genderfluid Boogaloo, but neither do I want to see it become Reddit: The Phantom MRAnace.

Well, I have good news for you because he never said people should be shielded from criticism, only that they should not be automatically banned or personally insulted / dogpiled by shitposters. He also never said that SA should be like kiwifarms, he said that even kiwifarms produces more content like photoshops that should be SA's forte, and that it's time to do something about that.

Of course cretins made sure to twist everything he ever posted on this topic to fuel outrage.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Feb 1, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Stop posting

Yeah that's what I'd say to you, alright

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Kelp Me/Crunk Bird/Venda Goat complex triangle of love and rivalries that apparently exists for some reason is my new favorite saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Kelp Me/Crunk Bird/Venda Goat complex triangle of love and rivalries that apparently exists for some reason is my new favorite saga.

In a Hitchcockian twist, it turns out they're the same person!