Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Takes one to know one, huh?

This is the superhero farce we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I saw most of the first season and almost blew it off, but I'm glad I'm back on since it's gotten really rediculous

Edit:

Didn't even realize this was at the top of the last page

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh my god he's fleeing from the Black Flash.

And it's heeeeeere.

Thawne's channeling some Jurassic Park jello scene here and it is loving amazing oh my god.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 1, 2017

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
This is so dumb and so great

His vision is based on movement speedforce

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
OH MY GOD IT'S JURASSIC PARK

EDIT: And Alien

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This. loving. Show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh my god, it's a legion of doom bonding episode :allears:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm so glad I didn't drop this dumb show

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Black Flash in a two minute scene > Zoom all of Flash Season 2

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If you had told me even a week ago that a zombie Flash with T-Rex vision would show up and get locked in a Swiss bank vault I wouldn't have believed it, but here we are.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
All of Season 2 of The Flash was leading up to that scene.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

FELD1 posted:

If you had told me even a week ago that a zombie Flash with T-Rex vision would show up and get locked in a Swiss bank vault I wouldn't have believed it, but here we are.

If there's one thing this show does, it's defy any and all expectations you could possibly have for it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Are we going to get evil Rip?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They're reprogramming him to be evil I love it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yep, we're getting Evil Rip. Who just straight up gunned down Washington's poo poo with a glock.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So are we all in agreement this is the best CW DC show right now? The show should get points alone for the dramatic improvement from s1 to s2.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

lotus circle posted:

So are we all in agreement this is the best CW DC show right now? The show should get points alone for the dramatic improvement from s1 to s2.

Personally I like Supergirl as much if not a bit more, but yeah Legends is quality

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

lotus circle posted:

I'd be down with backing that assessment. Not familiar with Supergirl but while Flash and Arrow have both improved this season, Legends is just plain FUN now that they've embraced the absurdity and "bunch of losers time traveling around aimlessly" nature of the show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Replacing Vandal with the Legion of Doom was absolutely the best thing that the show could have done.

I'd give Supergirl better overall, but this show is absolutely the most FUN DCW show.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Given the current direction the US is heading, maybe they should roll the dice on letting Rip cap Washington...

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know someone said this is all Flashpoint related (like everything else in this goddamn universe), but is this the same Thawne who just randomly showed up midway in season 2 of The Flash?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CW please cancel Legends of Tomorrow and replace it with Legion of Doom.

lotus circle posted:

Nah. LoT is generally pretty mediocre to downright retarded, but tonight's episode was great.

e: can't Eobard phase through walls? Or was that just Zoom?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 1, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Narcissus1916 posted:

I know someone said this is all Flashpoint related (like everything else in this goddamn universe), but is this the same Thawne who just randomly showed up midway in season 2 of The Flash?
Basically there are two Thawnes. One of them is Wellsobard, who got erased when Eddie killed himself. This Thawne came out of Flashpoint, and has thus regained his existence because Barry pulled him out of the timeline. However he's being hunted by Black Flash, who seeks to erase the living paradox that is Thawne's continuing existence.

Both these Thawnes have the same past up until the night Nora dies. One of them killed her, and went on to be Wells. The other was thrown in a cage for three months, was then released to kill Nora, but due to the divergence continued to exist as a separate entity.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Is it clear what Merlyn would actually change in his past given the chance? His treatment of Rip makes it look like they want him to have a chance at redemption but I suspect he would think to get revenge on his enemies before he would save his wife or Tommy.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Neon Knight posted:

Is it clear what Merlyn would actually change in his past given the chance? His treatment of Rip makes it look like they want him to have a chance at redemption but I suspect he would think to get revenge on his enemies before he would save his wife or Tommy.
"This is the part where he says how we was once Ra's al Ghul."

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
This episode demands a new thread title:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > DC's Legends to Tomorrow- "They're idiots!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This show is so much more fun compared to last season.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

lotus circle posted:

They've all got their charms, and this year is a serious upgrade over the previous but yes, The Idiots of Tomorrow is now the show I look forward to the most.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neon Knight posted:

He probably wants his loving hand back.

Good money says this season closes with Eobard being made into a real boy again and he'll probably get his Wells memories somehow as a bonus so he can be Flash baddie in season 4 or 5 since they're running out of evil speedsters.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
THis show is amazing I'm glad they made it so dumb and fun.

Speed Force TRex Black Flash?

:swoon:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Narcissus1916 posted:

That one was this one, but from a time before he killed Barry's mom.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm not going to lie, even back in season 1, Legends was my favorite of the Arrowverse shows. I had an unwarranted soft spot for it. So I'm just beyond happy that it's actually grown into something worthy of my love for it instead of just being a guilty pleasure.

This is a show about a collection of people who all detest one another in the most beautifully charismatic way possible, and some times they time travel :allears:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This episode had the best mix of catty, meta, and ridiculousness I've ever seen in a TV show

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, can we just get Wentworth Miller back on the show full time now, please? He's the last piece this show needs to be be 100% perfect. That and never letting Vandal Savage and Hawkman on it ever again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

God, can we just get Wentworth Miller back on the show full time now, please? He's the last piece this show needs to be be 100% perfect. That and never letting Vandal Savage and Hawkman on it ever again.

They seem to be heading that way with the whole "the explosion of the time core scattered his component particles across time" comment Stein made last week. He's also got a contract that spans all the CWVerse shows now, so the entire idea is to have him as a recurring guest star and all that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eobard gettin' hunted by undead speedforce Langolier.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Now that I've had a few hours to think about it, I'm a little miffed that we didn't get a shot of Malcom, Darhk, and Rip all crammed in the one-seater Time Pod traveling to 2025. That would have just been the cherry on top for the villain comedy of this episode.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 1, 2017

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I just wanted to pop in and say that this thread's title being incorrect is incredibly fitting for this show, and we should never change it. I've grown accustomed to thinking of the show as Legends to Tomorrow.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Scyantific posted:

gently caress MAN, putting Lescher, Barrowman, AND McDonough on the same team, on the same show, is probably the greatest loving thing DC has ever done.
Add Ray Wise and Malcolm McDowell and you have the absolute best possible supervillain team of all time.

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, it's a legion of doom bonding episode :allears:
This was the best and I hope there's more of it.

Zebulon posted:

I'd be down with backing that assessment. Not familiar with Supergirl but while Flash and Arrow have both improved this season, Legends is just plain FUN now that they've embraced the absurdity and "bunch of losers time traveling around aimlessly" nature of the show.
All four shows are better this season than last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo Black Flash! His face was perfect.

:argh: and Neal McDonough are killing it as henchmen.

• Locked thread