Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kibner posted:

Planet Explorers released. :haw:

Starbound came out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Foo Diddley posted:

Check it out guys, our employees work in a literal loving dungeon

(image courtesy of nawledgelambo)
i'm their circadian rhythms that don't know what the gently caress

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Ben's fingers are basically pointing the same way his eyes are

http://i.imgur.com/6roAEHh.mp4

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=6roAEHh&v=ccenFp_3kq8

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Foo Diddley posted:

Were they just that tired of this thread nitpicking on their pictures they turned the lights off to obscure everything?

But seriously that's loving awful, and just in general not good for you.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ben gif is hypnotic, also Ben I hope you see this; but I wish I had hair as nice as yours, loose some loving weight and you'd be not half bad looking

And when was that 'office' picture taken... usually you can at least see daylight seeping through the windows , in this one its like everything is shuttered up tight.

God it must be soul sucking to work in that place

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley posted:

I hope CIG's healthcare plan covers eyeglass prescriptions.

e: f;b bc ofc

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I do not approve of this.

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 1, 2017

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Foo Diddley posted:

I know where I work they won't let you do that poo poo because it's a huge liability if someone trips and falls and gets hurt because they can't see where they're going. If someone breaks both their wrists, then the company can't do anything for 4 weeks.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

So they only have 4 employees left out of the 12-15 that used to be in that area?

Who the hell is taking the photo?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh, sorry, lol, Sandi's pulling an all-nighter tonight in MARKETING

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Star Citizen doesn't need VR because the development itself is "virtual" reality.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cymelion you dumbshit all you're doing is moving the deckchairs. Just like old school WoW you would still have to grind your way to end-game because once people have farmed that resist gear to pass certain bosses they will no longer want to do those bosses, and you have to reward them for doing those bosses with, obviously, gear necessary for the next set of bosses. It's still the same content gate! All you've done is bloat out the rewardless farming stage of end-game and removed the miniature rewards of levelling that they use to get you hooked in the first place! You'd still have have grind your way up to everyone else because that's fundamentally how reward systems work, you goddamn game development understanding jackass.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also, fyi, there's already an MMO doing well that doesn't have a character level system and relies only on your equipment choices and the effort you put into gear.

It's Elite Dangerous.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Star citizen VR at 15 FPS + all the glitches = brainwashing machine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Next Citcon:
Chris: Uh... well... weee.. don't, uh... HAVE anything absolutely new to, as they say, show... But here's the Ben dance!
*entire studios do the Ben dance on live stream*
Backers: YAAAY!

http://i.imgur.com/lVYtYnJ.mp4

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I read that there is a Conan game out with lovely rendered cock and balls

http://www.pcgamer.com/conan-exiles-dick-slider

Wonder if Chris will dare to demand the same fidelity?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Next Citcon:
Chris: Uh... well... weee.. don't, uh... HAVE anything absolutely new to, as they say, show... But here's the Ben dance!
*entire studios do the Ben dance on live stream*
Backers: YAAAY!

http://i.imgur.com/lVYtYnJ.mp4

I mean, he must realize he's a living caricature right?

Reminds me of that simpsons episode where Bart has a catch phrase that earns him all sorts of attention, then he realizes everyone only cares about him if he recites the catch phrase

People only care about Ben when he's being a big fat jolly idiot

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Kosumo posted:

https://youtu.be/t45Ls1otq1k?t=1975

"We believe in VR, we think it's pretty awesome, so argh, it's just a matter of resource and argh, even thought we've got three hundred people working on the game (laugh), it, it feels like we could have six hundred people and it still would not be enough" - Chris Roberts

Put that in your FUD pipe and smoke it Derek!

:confused:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ojCeIz3.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I wouldn't mess with him, he has two years of maui thai.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
So Torment: ToN just scrapped Stretchgoals. Apologists everywhere to defend the poor publisher that didnt even have the time to communicate that.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

crisp roberts posted:

So Torment: ToN just scrapped Stretchgoals. Apologists everywhere to defend the poor publisher that didnt even have the time to communicate that.

We were going to tell you that we cut the number of companions from 9 to 6, but it just slipped our minds lol get hosed

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

MeLKoR posted:

I wouldn't mess with him, he has two years of maui thai.

Off and on

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't this guy one of their chief shills?

his nibs fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 1, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

why did CIG even announce they're ending VR support? They aren't fulfilling most of their goals and the only thing they keep up is their cash shop. Not sure why they'd even admit it

Ben Parry is retarded and doesn't know when to shut the gently caress up.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So excited, according to the 2.6.1 road map the part labelled 'content' finish today!

Is it wrong for that to make my man pants wet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Ben Parry Chris Roberts is retarded and doesn't know when to can't shut the gently caress up.

It runs in the company.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

So they only have 4 employees left out of the 12-15 that used to be in that area?

Its either that or they make several employees stay late on a rotation.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Well reddit came back with a foolproof counterargument about the VR issue.

quote:

CR already said SC will support VR case closed

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm picking the 3.0 Jesus patch will release on December 25th 2017 but not be very good only to be saved and resurrected on 2nd April 2018.

It's the way Jesus would want it.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You can cheat in AC now too

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5raia6/cheats_make_their_way_to_sc_ship_combat/

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

"Like old school WoW" is basically a recipe for a game that is DOA. See: Wildstar.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Gamescom 2016 completely blew away my expectations and those were expectations from a month or so in advance.

I can't even begin to imagine what 2017 will bring. Well, I can imagine, but I expect to be completely wrong.
no kidding

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
If the company actually had a stable of talented coders Ben Parry would have been out on his arse over the Lumberyard incident if not this one.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

If the company actually had a stable of talented coders Ben Parry would have been out on his arse over the Lumberyard incident if not this one.

Forget the (unasked for) public relations snafus just imagine trying to talk to that dude in a meeting or email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

starkebn posted:

lucky for him, the other coder broke his wrist that day, so parry was a vital organ