Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

grover, when the walls fell

Kirk, his bowels wide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

What's The Great Race Space's take on Iggy Azalea?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

that's a cool christian cross on his chest, very patriotic

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Kurtofan posted:

I haven't fracked in a while, and it sucks

I'm fracking right now! Take that West Texas!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MizPiz posted:

It is. A better reference would have been her to going all Faceless Men in Washington.

id be brokenly ok with that. i mean we already had a actor brutally murder a president, so why not an actress. :colbert:

god, that one never fails to make me laugh.

Cyron posted:

Is she even 18?

i think she is like 20 or 19. idk. i always liked Natalie dormer.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKu9OJ8Ltk

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is this a joke twitter or something

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Garry Parrish posted:

is this a joke twitter or something
you know how there are facebook meme pages for every lifestyle or occupation out there? air traffic control, accounting, judaism, etc.? this is probably one of those pages but on twitter as well

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

When the tap water catches on fire just right

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

you know how there are facebook meme pages for every lifestyle or occupation out there? air traffic control, accounting, judaism, etc.? this is probably one of those pages but on twitter as well

It's funded by Texas energy companies lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Checks out

These days, all it takes for your dreams to come true is money and power.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah, a real new development that one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

got any sevens posted:

These days, all it takes for your dreams to come true is money and power.

Really gets the noggin a-joggin'

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I saw something like this recently but using Metal Gear Solid 2 that just made me embarrassed to be alive.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I saw something like this recently but using Metal Gear Solid 2 that just made me embarrassed to be alive.

i dunno, this mostly seems accurate

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

lol at you for not realizing that MGS2 will be recognized as one of the most important and prescient works of political art of the early 21st century.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEM5hW6BMJA

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/826472838001459200

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the police

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Why would a citizen be happy not to be pulled over? Have they got something to hide?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
prepare yourself for the woke super bowl

https://twitter.com/THR/status/826514570772557824

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

This is a company who's target demographic is hillbillies and blue-collar types who like their beer flavorless and "Brewed the Hard Way". I can't see this going over well with them.

Oh, and Budweiser isn't even an American company anymore. They were sold to the Belgian beverage conglomerate InBev a decade ago.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I remember some conservatives getting super pissy that "America The Beautiful" was sung in several non-English languages during a Coca-Cola commercial a couple years back.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
all the woke-rear end tech ceos went to kiss the ring, but it's loving Harley-Davidson that says no

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/826564139468324864

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

This is a company who's target demographic is hillbillies and blue-collar types who like their beer flavorless and "Brewed the Hard Way". I can't see this going over well with them.

Oh, and Budweiser isn't even an American company anymore. They were sold to the Belgian beverage conglomerate InBev a decade ago.

This had to have been written and shot months ago (or more?). They probably didn't intend to take sides against Trumpists.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Trump won't turn on Budweiser because he likes piss

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's a pretty good situation for them: they're gonna get some woke cred, and most folks are gonna read it as unrelated because the dude was from Germany not Syria. There's a small twitter boycott from the folks who bought starbucks to protest starbucks, but without a trump tweet (unlikely) it won't have sticking power.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The_Franz posted:

Brazilian-Belgian

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm almost sure the starbucks poo poo were channers. They are the meme makers, and they create the context.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/janemai_/status/826875120488742912

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

withak posted:

This had to have been written and shot months ago (or more?). They probably didn't intend to take sides against Trumpists.

The video is vague enough that you could change the whole tone of it by just changing some bits of the audio.

What really sets of my OCD is that during the dumb ending he points to that diagram in his journal which isn't even close to what the original 1870s Budweiser bottles looked like.

EDIT: The story of Busch also wasn't some feel-good "poor, plucky immigrant rises above opposition and builds an empire based on a dream" bullshit. He was the educated son of an estate owner who came to the US with his brothers, worked for a brewing supplier, married the daughter of a brewery owner and later took it over when his father-in-law died.

The_Franz has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Feb 1, 2017

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

devtesla posted:

all the woke-rear end tech ceos went to kiss the ring, but it's loving Harley-Davidson that says no

So youre saying... *extremely rodin thinking man pose, brows so furrowed they're drilling into my skull* liberals are trash?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol at you for not realizing that MGS2 will be recognized as one of the most important and prescient works of political art of the early 21st century.

To clarify, I was embarrassed by the writing in the article and not by Metal Gear Solid 2 - one of the most important and prescient works of political art of the early 21st century.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

To clarify, I was embarrassed by the writing in the article and not by Metal Gear Solid 2 - one of the most important and prescient works of political art of the early 21st century.

"NANOMACHINES SON!", President Trump sneers at Paul Ryan, who is bleeding to death from a gunshot wound, as they watch from across the Potomac as nuclear hellfire atomizes DC.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

trump is prez and revengeance was the most prescient metal gear, we're definitely in the platinum games timeline irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

av club is so loving bad, even by the standards of other "creating bad opinion content for clicks" sites