Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Somebody made a video showcasing the most overpowered emote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Looks like there's going to be an open beta from the 9th-12th bois. Get yer choppers ready.

I wonder if they'll let us play the three classes omitted from the last beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
MY BLADE HUNGERS for some buttstabbing

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I don't understand why this fighting system wasn't used for some sort of musou game or roaming armies mount and blade style game. Instead we get boring "matches". Not that there is anything wrong with 1v1; it is perfect for honing technique.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CountingWizard posted:

I don't understand why this fighting system wasn't used for some sort of musou game or roaming armies mount and blade style game. Instead we get boring "matches". Not that there is anything wrong with 1v1; it is perfect for honing technique.

Honor and Blade.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The game has a pretty good ability to spot join sessions in progress. Imagine playing in some kind of adventure mode and having other players invade by taking the place of NPCs, and that these encounters would heavily influence the Faction War.

Wow!!! :eyepop:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Megafunk posted:

I wonder if they'll let us play the three classes omitted from the last beta?

Doesn't look like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1-YxNJxXQ

It seems, however, that there will be the elimination mode. AKA 4v4 TDM.

I wonder why they call them different modes when really it's duels with different numbers of players involved.

e: VV Yeah man I agree but still feels meh..

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 31, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hard posted:

Doesn't look like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1-YxNJxXQ

It seems, however, that there will be the elimination mode. AKA 4v4 TDM.

I wonder why they call them different modes when really it's duels with different numbers of players involved.

"Four modes" makes better advertising than "two modes"!!!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

They keep adding gamemodes but not addressing other concerns. And 4v4 TDM doesn't sound that fun to me. Maybe playing with 3 other goons might be fun tho.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
4v4 is pretty fun if you do have eight people doing individual 4 individual combats, and then reducing from there, like some sort of ornate elimination bracket.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Keegers posted:

They keep adding gamemodes but not addressing other concerns. And 4v4 TDM doesn't sound that fun to me. Maybe playing with 3 other goons might be fun tho.

To be fair the Open Beta version was probably ready even before the last closed beta ever happened. While i'm sure players' concerns are heard and taken into consideration, any major change takes time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hard posted:

To be fair the Open Beta version was probably ready even before the last closed beta ever happened. While i'm sure players' concerns are heard and taken into consideration, any major change takes time.

Yeah, anything that pops out during the open beta or at release isn't a reaction, just what was already there. I'm just really hoping that they are holding in their pocket at least one other significant game mode that we haven't heard about yet (not the campaign).

I'm also VERY interested to see if the netcode/p2p/WHATEVER is improved by the open beta. Dominion was the only mode that was really suffering, but it was suffering bad for me and many others. Lots of disconnects and dead games. If that is fixed in the open beta I will greatly improve my confidence in the product.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 31, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Keegers posted:

Hard posted:

Yeah, these gamemodes are not new developments, they've been around for a few test cycles now. They're just being re-included after being left out of the closed beta.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Aw dang, the last 3 classes still not in eh?

Oh well, Raider still plenty fun :getin:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CountingWizard posted:

4v4 gives youa bit of the feel of musou, with the mooks and running between capture points. But yeah I agree if the maps were much much bigger it'd be waaaay cooler. The answer is probably technical limitations with the engine they're using, although with dynasty warriors style games you also run into a design problem...

Dynasty warriors is pretty much always 1 player or 2-player co-op on the same team. Running around for hours fighting mooks not running into another player wouldn't work very well.

They'd have to do something like musou online and probably just didn't want to put in the budget for all that infrastructure. Which is sad but those kinda games are crazy risky.

We can just hope that the patches add some bigger modes.

slap me and kiss me posted:

4v4 is pretty fun if you do have eight people doing individual 4 individual combats, and then reducing from there, like some sort of ornate elimination bracket.

This should really be an actual game mode, also a "sparring hangout" mode like we were discussing before where you can just challenge people to fights.

The practice mode is almost there, just make practice mode multiplayer and it'd be pretty sweet for duels as a party.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Zaphod42 posted:

This should really be an actual game mode, also a "sparring hangout" mode like we were discussing before where you can just challenge people to fights.

The practice mode is almost there, just make practice mode multiplayer and it'd be pretty sweet for duels as a party.

Yeah a literal arena where people get to watch the duals and jump in when its their turn.

Also a king of the hill 8P FFA would be pretty cool too.

He'd like the Valkyrie in Bierzerkers.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Hard fix your ga- wait no. I don't know if you even have anything to do with this! (also fix it if you do)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hard fix your ga- wait no. I don't know if you even have anything to do with this! (also fix it if you do)

That was fast :P For Honor was made in the same building as Siege yes and I have quite a lot of ''friends'' who've worked on it but I was in no way involved in this project.

If anything I'm contract-bound to not say anything that would diminish my employer and I'm hellbent on respecting NDAs but aside from that, I genuinely like this game that's why i'm posting here in the first place.

e: VV That's not how you spell Peacekeeper.

Hard fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 1, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hard posted:

That was fast :P For Honor was made in the same building as Siege yes and I have a quite lot of ''friends'' who've worked on it but I was in no way involved in this projet.

If anything I'm contract-bound to not say anything that would diminish my employer and I'm hellbent on respecting NDAs but aside from that, I genuinely like this game that's why i'm posting here in the first place.

As the Lead Programmer for For Honor can you please nerf Orochi?

tia

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Can't wait to knock heads off with a skip it

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

That was fast :P For Honor was made in the same building as Siege yes and I have quite a lot of ''friends'' who've worked on it but I was in no way involved in this project.

e: VV That's not how you spell Peacekeeper.

Is it possible to say what the state of anti-cheat in for honor is? Is it made with the same engine? I'm just worried it's going to get instantly hacked because you know how long it took siege to get real anti cheat :ohdear:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Devs posted on reddit about the open beta, it's still gonna be the same 9 classes from the recent closed beta, but they are adding the 4v4 elimination game mode

quote:

Shugoki, Lawbringer, and Valkriye are currently being overhauled due to previous feedback.
They may or may not introduce them last min on this test.
Balance changes will also be introduced on several closed beta characters.

Will be interesting to see what changes they make.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope they include a changelog of whatever balancing is done.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Is it possible to say what the state of anti-cheat in for honor is? Is it made with the same engine? I'm just worried it's going to get instantly hacked because you know how long it took siege to get real anti cheat :ohdear:

Heh dude i told you in the very same post you quoted me that i have no professional ties with this project and that i wouldn't break NDA. I can't help ya sorry.

I feel you about anti-cheating, hopefully they learned from Siege. I"m not really surprised about the lack of visibility on the subject because the game is not even out yet.
To me it seems normal that they remain quiet on certain aspects and instead focus their efforts on the hype rather than talking about the the eventual shitstains that will plague the community.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I hope they keep a couple of the things I liked about the lawbringer from the technical test. His unblockables were really cool :shobon:

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
So, any chances of an open weekend? Or do i have to gamble $60 on a Ubisoft game that my friends may never touch?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Pyraen posted:

So, any chances of an open weekend? Or do i have to gamble $60 on a Ubisoft game that my friends may never touch?

Feb 9th-12th

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Thank you. I can't look up info on my own. It's too hard :saddowns:
Hoping it will be a great & infuriating game like Overwatch 3v3. If I'm not screaming at my friends, what's the point?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this game is built on frustration, it is the very foundation it rests upon

that and the tears of people who expect bushido e-honorabu duels

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pyraen posted:

Thank you. I can't look up info on my own. It's too hard :saddowns:
Hoping it will be a great & infuriating game like Overwatch 3v3. If I'm not screaming at my friends, what's the point?

If that's what you want I think the 4v4 for honor has it in spades. If you get into a 2v1 fight you're in a really rough spot (Imagine 2v1 street fighter or tekken) so teammates really need to be aware and work together when multiple enemies show up. Similarly good teamwork pays off really well if your friends are co-ordinating with you.

Plus its got deep combat, so having people perfectly block your moves and destroy you with all kinds of fakeout cancels can be infuriating, just as mastering the same and using them on people who haven't yet feels rewarding. :black101:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*runs up behind some guy trying to farm footsoldiers in mid, stabs him with poison*

*runs away*

*guy gives up chasing, so you turn around and stab him with another poison attack again*

*run away*

*repeat until he dies*

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

If that's what you want I think the 4v4 for honor has it in spades. If you get into a 2v1 fight you're in a really rough spot (Imagine 2v1 street fighter or tekken) so teammates really need to be aware and work together when multiple enemies show up. Similarly good teamwork pays off really well if your friends are co-ordinating with you.

Plus its got deep combat, so having people perfectly block your moves and destroy you with all kinds of fakeout cancels can be infuriating, just as mastering the same and using them on people who haven't yet feels rewarding. :black101:

2v1 is manageable if you keep calm, block well and use the revenge mechanic wisely, and it's very fun and satisfying to displatch 2 attackers, 3 or more i can imagine is not going to end well

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

2v1 is manageable if you keep calm, block well and use the revenge mechanic wisely, and it's very fun and satisfying to displatch 2 attackers, 3 or more i can imagine is not going to end well

What if they're on either side of you though? I guess run or something, but then they can kinda back you into a corner..

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's easier to block them if they're attacking from the side because it kinda autoblocks them no matter what they do if that happens and you have the block thing in their direction

That's probably why so many people get massive revenge influx when they get piled upon, not because they are masters at blocking a ton of people at once

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Video not available in my country, the United States.

Okay.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

PureRok posted:

Video not available in my country, the United States.

Okay.

Colonials can have no true appreciation of glory of historical european (and japanese I guess) mortal combat. :v:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

Heh dude i told you in the very same post you quoted me that i have no professional ties with this project and that i wouldn't break NDA. I can't help ya sorry.

I feel you about anti-cheating, hopefully they learned from Siege. I"m not really surprised about the lack of visibility on the subject because the game is not even out yet.
To me it seems normal that they remain quiet on certain aspects and instead focus their efforts on the hype rather than talking about the the eventual shitstains that will plague the community.

Fair enough! Just wasn't sure if everything was under NDA but I guess so!

I just hope they're forward thinking enough about the shitstains :ohdear:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hearing about the p2p stuff has cemented my decision to hold off on buying this. Pretty sure its gonna get loving roasted by hackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well, I think the game is fun so whether or not some matches will have cheaters can't really impact my decision to buy it, you know? I can't get this fix from another game so this is it