Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I love morgana a lot and don't want them to make her kit complicated or anything but I feel like her passive and ult could be messed with without drastically changing her playstyle. imo her ult in particular doesn't really make sense and is too reliant on either zhonya's or your team being ahead.

Oh right, she has one of the few remaining "most boring possible" passives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

with the way spellvamp works i bet you morgana passive could be turned off entirely and nobody who plays her would notice that much

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it gives Morgana a bit more durability in lane which is nice. spellvamp is dead already so I kinda want to keep it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

with the way spellvamp works i bet you morgana passive could be turned off entirely and nobody who plays her would notice that much

It's nice in lane cause you can trade autos a bit then go back to long range to recuperate but it's basically worthless after that cause you're never gonna be tanky enough for the sustain to matter and are so immobile that if they catch you through black shield you're gone.

e: also considering support is her primarily role it's double bad cause the only way to get any use from it is having max w and dumping on a wave.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Every single time I play Morgana I completely and totally forget that passive even exists. It's just so meaningless on her considering that her main play style seems to be flash -> ult -> Zhonya's. She frequently throws herself into the middle of the enemy team, nails them all in place so her teammates can kill them, then dies. That's like...what she does. Sustain means bugger all in that situation. She isn't, say, Swain whose play style revolves around not dying.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
It's fairly useful. Getting life back from ult damage can swing a death to a close call occasionally. Something more interesting would be nice, though.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

VHGS posted:

It's fairly useful. Getting life back from ult damage can swing a death to a close call occasionally. Something more interesting would be nice, though.

When I play Morgana my thought isn't "but what if I die?" :ohdear: but more like "FLASH ULT THE gently caress IN! HELL YEAH! I'LL DIE WHILE YOU GUYS ACE THEM!" *ACED* :black101:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Her passive makes sense for solo lanes, she's already the no fun allowed just gonna throw some dirt and cs/push for free laner it just helps insulate her from poke. If you have catalyst she basically can stay in lane for as long as she wants. It's boring but it's not bad during laning phase.

It just feels off on a support.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I respect Morgana's mid origins.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Her passive makes sense for solo lanes, she's already the no fun allowed just gonna throw some dirt and cs/push for free laner it just helps insulate her from poke. If you have catalyst she basically can stay in lane for as long as she wants. It's boring but it's not bad during laning phase.

It just feels off on a support.

That's the other thing about Morgana, you're at almost zero risk during laning no matter what. That's not... good.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

I respect Morgana's mid origins.

It will never cease to amuse me that Rito keeps trying to shoehorn certain champions into certain roles and the community just plain refuses to play along. I haven't seen a Morgana mid lane in ages but she keeps showing up as support. Now Miss Fortune can be a support, Graves is a jungler, and Quinn still exists.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

That's the other thing about Morgana, you're at almost zero risk during laning no matter what. That's not... good.

I think it's fine, she's not a snowballer either and has no lategame mobility, at least her safe play comes from good positioning at range and defense abilities rather being able to hop 3 walls when poo poo hits the fan. She's the anti-snowball champ.

Maybe if she was super popular or had a gross win percentage mid/top I'd change my tune but as is I think most people are attracted to flashier playmakers which puts her in a good spot.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It will never cease to amuse me that Rito keeps trying to shoehorn certain champions into certain roles and the community just plain refuses to play along. I haven't seen a Morgana mid lane in ages but she keeps showing up as support. Now Miss Fortune can be a support, Graves is a jungler, and Quinn still exists.

Play her top it's actually kinda good.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I hate that theyre reworking morg but I wish that if they do then you get a free puddle underneath every enemy on which your second ult proc went off. Also, change her passive to deal more damage to targets she herself currently has CC'ed but shorten the duration on Q and tone down W damage.

That'd make her less of a boring waveclear solo laner and more of a fighter in the middle of the enemy team. And it'd separate the alright ults from the amazing ults. Basically keep her 'I catch you, you're hosed' gimmick but make it less infuriating for opponents and more rewarding for her. Also, getting multiple stunpuddles with her ult would make you feel like a doombot which is always good. Guess it'd be too similar to current malz though.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Play her top it's actually kinda good.

No.

:colbert:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Morgana has been a good sololaner for like three seasons and still is.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And then one of those solo lane opponents goes someone who can build a maw or lifesteal and welp.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Morgana is mostly fine kit-wise but she's the counterpick to a lot of champs that don't get played anymore or are permabanned (which works out to the same thing). She's weak against a lot of the braindead long range waveclear champs like Anivia, Vel'Koz, Ziggs, Xerath, Viktor, and she's always been weak-ish against Ahri and Lux (the two most popular mids). Ori, the 3rd most popular mid and who she used to have pretty strong matchups against, got buffed. Also the toplane moving towards tanks that she can't kill and the jungle moving towards AD assassins/near-assassins that she can't safely shove lane against were pretty bad for her.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

Oh come on. I've played a bunch of Pantheon too, and the only thing they need to keep from the old kit is his passive and ult. As a solo laner, he's oppressive, one-dimensional, and completely braindead other than his ult. At the very least, they need to make shaco-esque changes to his scaling so that being up a kill and 30cs is basically going even because of the cliff he drops off.

People can make fun of Riot reworks and I get that you're mad about Skarner, but things do improve over time. If you'd rather play with old Warwick than new, your head is broken.

I think you're selling the complexity of him a little short. Yeah, we can call point and click harass and stun oppressive but it's an extremely straightforward pattern of an AD bully top laner, and fighting him has remained the same forever. Dude sucks at prolonged fights and laners have to actually slap him back. Folks that wise up to that beat him down a lot, but idiots that let him whittle them down with spears deserve it. I don't buy the oppressive thing.

I've never really fully accepted that Pantheon falls off the map though in the many, many years I've played of him because barring getting utterly annihilated in lane he is a constant threat to squishy targets. Dude is basically a much shorter range Kha.

I'm not saying every single rework of a champion is bad, but of that list Pantheon is hardly in desperate need of being reworked. He's honestly a really well designed champ, and I can't say I'd be enthralled that you hear the music from 300 start blaring when your passive is active or him needing to pick up the skillshot spears he throws. Comparing him to Warwick, like one of the original 16 or so champs is super unfair for this discussion

kingcobweb posted:

And please keep in mind what he's saying. If I'm reading it right, those are just candidates for their most work-intensive reworks. It doesn't mean that they're going to do to Nunu what they did to LeBlanc, it means that those are the next ones on the table for Warwick-esque full relaunches.

Totally aware they're just throwing it out there, but I'd strongly disagree that Pantheon is on par with say, Mordekaiser or Volibear for some dynamite to kit scale rework. He's one of my absolute favorites so of course I'm annoyed some dev wants to gently caress around with another champ I've liked for like forever

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 1, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

she is actually really good toplane and I say this as a player with his 2nd most played time on Morgana.

She can fill a lot of things your team might be missing by going top or mid. Her tp ganks are also excellent and she basically fits the needs of nearly any comp. Her ult is also extremely important to destroying enemies that might stray into its range when farming. I have turned many kills by latching an ult onto someone, stunning them into a guaranteed full duration black pool by chaining the stun with dark binding.

It's hard for her to go in and do a flashy kill solo, but she punishes positioning mistakes extremely hard and has excellent pick potential with her long duration root. Black shield is also probably one of the most powerful supportive abilities in the game; there are very few long-duration anti-cc shields in this game.

Her ratios are also pretty big which leads to people underestimating how much a Dark Binding -> black pool will gently caress them up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And then one of those solo lane opponents goes someone who can build a maw or lifesteal and welp.

ah yes, the bane of morgana, a single mr item

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Ivern is better than Morgana in every way: better root, better shield, spams retarded stuff when you spam e, more retarded auto attack animations

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

Ivern is better than Morgana in every way: better root, better shield, spams retarded stuff when you spam e, more retarded auto attack animations

Morgana's travels further, lasts from 2-3s instead of 1.2-2, and is on a lower cooldown until Ivern has four points in Q. I know that you're not entirely serious but it is where like 90% of her power budget is

edit: Ashe's arrow is the only thing with longer-lasting hard CC I think??

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah ashe arrow is a half second longer max duration

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yo does anyone else have this issue where the (os x) client just constantly comes up with 'Trying to reconnect' even when there's nothing wrong with your internet/whatever? i reinstalled and everything, it was fine for one game and then it just happens again.

maybe i should just consider it a blessing that i can't play this goofy-rear end game.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Is the beta client available for osx? Could try that if you can

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Jesus Christ Riot, please don't touch rammus. He is completely fine and does not need "help".

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Umbreon posted:

Jesus Christ Riot, please don't touch rammus. He is completely fine and does not need "help".

i honestly don't even know what his abilities are besides rolly spinny ball and taunt people.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

part of what makes morgana strong is that she's so good at setting up the jungler. doesn't really matter if you've bought MR when you get hit by root and all of a sudden a rengar rips your face off.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

el dingo posted:

Is the beta client available for osx? Could try that if you can

that's what i'm using. maybe i should reinstall the old one and try, i just can't be bothered 😕 ty tho

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
also I love league of legends

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sexpansion posted:

also I love league of legends

Look at this guy who got Rengar and still lost

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

Look at this guy who got Rengar and still lost

I also didn't have the most damage to champions on my team which is frankly sad.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Picking Cho in this meta is basically asking to lose though

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Picking Cho in this meta is basically asking to lose though

he also flamed me all game, i have no idea why he was so mad.

i mean, i'm bad at league, but not as bad as him my teammates obviously.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 1, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
This is why I hate jungling - you gank all drat day but somehow the lanes are all collapsing and it feels like you're constantly running around putting out fires instead of securing objectives.

Also I'm poo poo at jungling.

Plus yeah cho is fun but how the gently caress can you land a q when everyone can dash these days and a large HP pool doesn't mean poo poo

E: jfc what is that sion support and where is his loving sweeper and sight stone. Did he bitch about not getting top in the lobby?

el dingo fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 1, 2017

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

also no one seems to know that Morgana's pool has an execute mechanic on it, even people I know who have level 5+ on her didn't know about that since it isn't very obvious when you're support.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

el dingo posted:

E: jfc what is that sion support and where is his loving sweeper and sight stone. Did he bitch about not getting top in the lobby?

sion is a support now which means people will play sion support badly like all supports.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is Pantheon jungle good again yet? he seems to be stomping top lane at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

is Pantheon jungle good again yet? he seems to be stomping top lane at the moment.

lethality changes probably make him playable in most roles right now. Valkrin, a challenger streamer, plays him as an ADC in bot lane and has like a 80% win rate or something.

• Locked thread