Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought we were supposed to get news on the beta before the end of the month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well I found a small bit of news: apparently all of the Ryder presets are based off scans of real people instead of being character creator golems. If you think one Scott Ryder underwear model face isn't to your standards, there are more to choose from!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

the good fax machine posted:

I thought we were supposed to get news on the beta before the end of the month

I've got news: you're the beta

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I've got news: you're the beta

http://i.imgur.com/hawPDAS.gifv

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

marshmallow creep posted:

Well I found a small bit of news: apparently all of the Ryder presets are based off scans of real people instead of being character creator golems. If you think one Scott Ryder underwear model face isn't to your standards, there are more to choose from!

That's pretty cool if they've got a nice cross-section of ethnicity. But if they're all white pretty boys/girls, well.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Milky Moor posted:

That's pretty cool if they've got a nice cross-section of ethnicity. But if they're all white pretty boys/girls, well.

All the other games you could be whatever race you wanted so I don't see why this would be a concern

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
these are the presets (facegen based on real people), Im sure the cc will still let you be whatever you want

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Monolith. posted:

All the other games you could be whatever race you wanted so I don't see why this would be a concern

He's saying that he hopes they made the good face scans of multiple peoples of various ethnicities, because that would be a good, inclusive and decent thing to do, in addition to having a char creator let you create whatever.

Plus, it's always easiest to modify a set portrait than it is to create one from scratch...unless you're those monster maker guys on youtube.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I might make the Ryder family Asian on my first playthrough

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
gonna make a family of trucks. I'll have f150 ryder, f250 ryder, and the adopted tacoma ryder. they'll have foreheads like cold rolled steel and jaws like cinder blocks.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

ahhh ryder-san wakarimasu ka ,desu? We, uhh, have arien on monitah. He seem-a very scary. Soba ni kudasai.

And your sister crashes the Mako.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

Lo Ryder or Wang Ryder?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Lim Peh Ryder.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Pei Wei Ryder

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Great racism itt guys, keep it up

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
In respect to my culture and my people, my first playthrough will be with Siti Nur Ryder.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

March is pretty far away in this current political landscape - are there any other alien loving simulators that are available now?

You should try to play the ur-quan masters if you haven't already. It's superior to ME in a quite a few ways IMO and you can totally gently caress a blue alien.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
H-Bomb Ryder

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zack Ryder

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dave Ryder, a.k.a.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Admiral Ray posted:

gonna make a family of trucks. I'll have f150 ryder, f250 ryder, and the adopted tacoma ryder. they'll have foreheads like cold rolled steel and jaws like cinder blocks.

Ranger Ryder

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"This is my son, Jeep, and my sexy daughter, Iwanna."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Hello my old friend, rushed and cut content.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

I mean they have the Normandy fly down immediately (from where?) to pick your wounded squadmates up in the middle of what was supposed to be an all-out dash to the beam

meanwhile Harbinger, who has been firing his capital-ship caliber beams at individual soldiers, just kind of looks at the cruiser hovering for like two minutes over the battlefield. he even *turns to watch it go*

and all of this was in the service of *yet another* emotional goodbye to your squadmates. some of the moments are kind of nice and loaded with pathos but they're absurd when you see the murdergod robot in the background chilling out like it's ... a cutscene in a video game.

like I said, either leave it as-is or revamp it entirely

Excuse me the entire war pausing for 5 minutes including the alien dreadnought directly looking at you down the barrel of its space laser so you can have a dramatic extended early morning anime cartoon discussion is very realistic and does in no way completely cheapen the entire narrative like a dollar store reject thank you.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Uhhh if you'll please remember the Normandy was a stealth ship.

CHeckmate, athiests. :smugbird:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

What is this from?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Milky Moor posted:

What is this from?

Just some random fan made chart for ME3.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, the post :speculate: cut-scenes explaining what exactly happened were needed, because Destroy seemed to imply that not only were you crippling the entire galactic community, you were also probably killing hundreds of thousands of turians and quarians who were caught in levo space with no food.

Not nearly as many aliens as you kill by blowing up every mass relay in the galaxy, which you know is an extinction-level event from the Arrival DLC, which they explicitly acknowledged at the beginning of the game by having you under house arrest for murdering all the Batarians.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Not nearly as many aliens as you kill by blowing up every mass relay in the galaxy, which you know is an extinction-level event from the Arrival DLC, which they explicitly acknowledged at the beginning of the game by having you under house arrest for murdering all the Batarians.

They exploded differently. :downs:

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I suppose, yes, the ending of ME3 and the events of Arrival could be seen as similar if you're a loving moron.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The game had to attract shootman bros so everything was exploding and everyone was dying, except not really because the writers didn't actually intend things to be as depressing as they looked - so Bioware kept having to "clarify" everything they showed in their bombastic cutscenes.

The Citadel? Totally had bunkers where almost everyone survived the Reapers taking it and the player using it to trigger a galaxy-wide tech purge. Honest!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

I suppose, yes, the ending of ME3 and the events of Arrival could be seen as similar if you're a loving moron.

Hello, I'm A. F. Moron.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I think it would have been better as opposed to exploding the Relays spun down and went dark. Same effect, less confusion with Arrival.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how the gently caress are you people not going to play as Knight Ryder?

DancingShade posted:

Excuse me the entire war pausing for 5 minutes including the alien dreadnought directly looking at you down the barrel of its space laser so you can have a dramatic extended early morning anime cartoon discussion is very realistic and does in no way completely cheapen the entire narrative like a dollar store reject thank you.

they had to cut the whole monologue on the power of friendship short.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I always just name my characters after myself

My name is Richard

I'm Dick Ryder

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

My name is Richard

I'm Dick Ryder

drat i always thought you were my boy ethan. :smith:

My sisters name is bicycle.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My name is Richard

I'm Dick Ryder

Marvel beat you to it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Milky Ryder. :shepface:

But seriously. W F Ryder. Wait For Reviewsyder.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
EA/Origin Access will provide lots of first hand accounts. Even though most of them will have questionable objectivity.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Ezekiel Zachariah Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Milky Moor posted:

I think it would have been better as opposed to exploding the Relays spun down and went dark. Same effect, less confusion with Arrival.

This is pretty much exactly what the Extended Cut retconned into the finale.