Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Next week's banner is.. Secret of Mana collab? With Randi getting several powerful new passives?

Check that on your bingo card if you've got it, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wait, were getting the Mana peeps in this?

This...gives me quite a lot of hope for the future then

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Niton posted:

Next week's banner is.. Secret of Mana collab? With Randi getting several powerful new passives?

How powerful we talking here? He was already kind of Delita-tier before, and that was like five banners back. They're delaying Orlandu and the crowds will be getting restless.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Finally managed to get the 5% moogle from the Nian Beast, completing my Blade Mastery. My Noctis hasn't quite entered the 800 club yet, but he's close at 787.

Wondering who to slot in next to my TMR grind. Right now I have Dualcast, Deathbringer, Dual Wield (#2), and Bracer cooking. I could do another Blade Mastery for Lightning, a third Dual Wield, a second Dualcast, and a number of weapons like Romandan Pistol (#2), Excalibur (#2), Rising Sun, and Venomous Blade.

Niton posted:

Where are ya seein that?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I guess he needs something extra as doublehand stacking was his Main Deal in jp, right?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm so over these King Mog events. Here's an event that you can only possibly farm effectively if you sperg out on the banner because even with 4x +50% units the currency gain is ridiculously slow. Oh but hey we threw in a random encounter for extra currency of course it only shows up once every 20/30 times. We're giving you some free tickets, aren't we nice? Oh and these garbage units get some garbage unique gear, now get to farming!

It looks like this is what we're stuck with for the rest of the lifespan of this game, every month we get a two week garbage banner with a garbage collecting event to go along with it.

This content sucks.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I miss the Mogcakes event, at least you could farm whichever stage you wanted for the ingredients, if you got tired of one you could move to another.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

From Reddit:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 1, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mother gently caress another zidane for my daily free pull. Im sick of these monkeys

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is it just me, or do those secret of mana units look kind of lame? The sword could be cool but it's not something I'd really try hard for. The other TMs are underwhelming. Are their abilities great?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Pulled a Bartz this morning on the freebie pull. Now I really don't know what direction to load up with Kefka, Firion and like 2 others I can't remember at the moment.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Freebie was a rainbow...5* Chizuru I guess I could use a 5th Blade Mastery...I guess.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Is it just me, or do those secret of mana units look kind of lame? The sword could be cool but it's not something I'd really try hard for. The other TMs are underwhelming. Are their abilities great?

They're very, very late to the party is the thing. Randi eventually becomes very good due to enhancements but that's all I've ever heard about them.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

No, unless they add some really sweet poo poo to them, none of them, not even randi, are top tier. THey're definitely adding a bunch to Randi, though, in JP he's only got 50% damage boost vs spirit/beast/undead/dragon, not 125%.

Randi's enhancements do look loving boss, though. gain 8 limit per turn, built in ribbon (up from 25% resist) and regen HP/MP, +100% attack & +35% def/spr with a sword (up from 35/20) and +100% doublehand, and a 400% single target attack with -50% defense debuff for 3 turns.

Primm's basically a 6 star Bedile, with hybrid damage everywhere, plus raise and AOE super Holy.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at her a little closer, Primm is basically Bedile beerslammed with a decent white mage. She's got a not-quite Esuna, super holy, a Curaja equivalent, and her REvive gets enhancements to 60 and 100% health. The downside is, no dualcast. It's 100% abilities.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 1, 2017

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Another great sword, and just after asking about them! Good for Optimal Luneth, shame that the good sword is attached to another 5* base...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

NinjaDebugger posted:

No, unless they add some really sweet poo poo to them, none of them, not even randi, are top tier. THey're definitely adding a bunch to Randi, though, in JP he's only got 50% damage boost vs spirit/beast/undead/dragon, not 125%.

Randi's enhancements do look loving boss, though. gain 8 limit per turn, built in ribbon (up from 25% resist) and regen HP/MP, +100% attack & +35% def/spr with a sword (up from 35/20) and +100% doublehand, and a 400% single target attack with -50% defense debuff for 3 turns.

Primm's basically a 6 star Bedile, with hybrid damage everywhere, plus raise and AOE super Holy.

they should give us 6* bedile

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Randi is currently a 98/100 after enhancements in JP, and is considered part of the top-tier new meta Doublehand users. If we follow suit, our version of Randi might be tippy-top tier since he's coming out of the gate with more stuff.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Randi is currently a 98/100 after enhancements in JP, and is considered part of the top-tier new meta Doublehand users. If we follow suit, our version of Randi might be tippy-top tier since he's coming out of the gate with more stuff.

We don't get to stack doublehand like they do, though.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's a trap keep saving for orlandu everyone

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Orlandu is just a trap for tickets before they release cloud, stay strong goons, a ticket saved is a ticket earned.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Any idea how far away enhancements are? Randi looks very underwhelming. Rapid LB would be cool but his LB looks lovely, and his best attack is 2.15 with reduce def -35% (not ignore def) so the defense reduction will be heavily resisted like def/SPR breaks usually are.

I am going by Exvius wiki's listed stats though which might be wrong.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I give up on the kill ELT nyanbeast with item goal. Had to babysit Hayate just to get the exploration event item kill one done. Tickle, Inspect to see how much health is left, tickle once more, see health..

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

I give up on the kill ELT nyanbeast with item goal. Had to babysit Hayate just to get the exploration event item kill one done. Tickle, Inspect to see how much health is left, tickle once more, see health..

As long as the item is used during the group killing blow it counts.

I got the Item and Esper in one shot.

Just start with your heavy hitters, then cast the item.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

m.hache posted:

Yeah that's what they tend to say works :v:
Gonna give that method a final attempt, 500 NRG of TM for a character saved isn't that bad..

e: ancient rule of whine online > then it is fine strikes and I got it. Ran well over 150k damage in that last strike, a puny bomb fragment was enough, finally.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 1, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cloud? don't be fooled. That's a trap before they release Marche and the FFTA banner. Dont be tricked by Gumi.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I just hope they follow the thing they do with Brave Frontier where you can pick a unit and get it for free with no strings attached. Cloud looks hype but I'm sure he's gonna be in a pool of Really Bad Units

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The ELT beast still murders me with extreme prejudice even with barthundra and Undermine. Thunderstorm does not gently caress around.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Question for Aegis and Katarani(or anyone else that follows JP):

What base 3-4* units are coming down the pipeline that are close to base 5 level at 6*?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Armitage posted:

The ELT beast still murders me with extreme prejudice even with barthundra and Undermine. Thunderstorm does not gently caress around.

I found ELT beast to be more about pendantically checking buffs/debuffs.

AT ALL TIMES you must keep the following up:
Barthundara
Barfira
(Or Omniveil)
Focus
Cheer/Embolden
Undermine

I only have 1 5* base, but all my units are 6*. The HP helps a great deal.
Refia, CoD, Rain, D.Rain, Cecil, [Friend Noctis] gave plenty of durability and healing and buffing and DPS.

Oh, and between Thunder Shields and Flame Armor and Ifrit and Ramuh, everyone should be rocking some amount of innate resistance. Even my Refia had Equip L. Shield materia.

After that, it's just a matter of wearing him down. I opted to Dispel his Preparation and just ate Tooth for a Tooth. Didn't actually hurt that much.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Servaetes posted:

I just hope they follow the thing they do with Brave Frontier where you can pick a unit and get it for free with no strings attached. Cloud looks hype but I'm sure he's gonna be in a pool of Really Bad Units

They did only show just Cloud right? You would think if they released them in a cluster you would likely see Barret and Tifa or what ever combination of the FF7 crew. Probably make more off the people wanting to whale though.

Armitage posted:

I have found that Undermine doesn't fully stick on this guy and most of the time a second swipe is needed to get all 4 stats.

I still can't find out why my Lenna loses roughly 2000 hp on Nian's first round. 230+ SPR, muscle belt, once I used the Survival edges to boost hp too, Cheer, protectga and/or shellga, barfira, barthundra, boss undermined/full break, no Siren or Shiva equipped...goes from 2400 to 750 after first volley. Curaga then splash some extra cure to get her pumped back up...start over. And I even tried this with her with Ramuh equipped. I essentially end up taking away damage to keep her in the game. Once she's down it's practically a loss leader.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

hagie posted:

They did only show just Cloud right? You would think if they released them in a cluster you would likely see Barret and Tifa or what ever combination of the FF7 crew. Probably make more off the people wanting to whale though.

I have found that Undermine doesn't fully stick on this guy and most of the time a second swipe is needed to get all 4 stats.

I still can't find out why my Lenna loses roughly 2000 hp on Nian's first round. 230+ SPR, muscle belt, once I used the Survival edges to boost hp too, Cheer, protectga and/or shellga, barfira, barthundra, boss undermined/full break, no Siren or Shiva equipped...goes from 2400 to 750 after first volley. Curaga then splash some extra cure to get her pumped back up...start over. And I even tried this with her with Ramuh equipped. I essentially end up taking away damage to keep her in the game. Once she's down it's practically a loss leader.

I think there's another base 5* unit and two 4* units in the draw with him from what they said on JP? Not fully sure

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I did pull a Refia before this event started and at the moment there's not really a good source of metal gigantaurs to get her to a reasonable level outside of the Ariana Grande event.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Only reason I don't dig this is because I want Zoldaad Part 3 final. Maybe they're taking their time translating, testing, getting it working instead of holding it back on purpose. I'll pull for Randi lacking all the 5base fuckers that seemingly every lowrank in the arena has several of not counting Noct.

Servaetes posted:

I think there's another base 5* unit and two 4* units in the draw with him from what they said on JP? Not fully sure

Cloud 5-6★

Elfride 5-6★
Counter
Ice Based (?)
Breaks/Provoke etc.

William 4-6★
Earth attribute/Mage
Earth version of Victoria
Has Quake

Conrad 3-5★
Balanced
Doublehand
Status on counters (?)
Possibly gimmicky unit

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 1, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

m.hache posted:

I used an item that went off in the middle of a chain that one-rounded a nian beast in exploration and didn't get credit. It's a dumb goal and needs to just be "use this the same round the thing dies" so that you don't get hosed over at random.

Niton posted:

It'd be cool to get Randi or maybe even Primm but I'm not feeling much need to try and chase either of them unless the global boosts are significant. Sucks that this means Orlandu really is going to be March, or later, at this rate.

SoM is on sale on iOS too, if anyone actually wants to play that game with touch controls.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Orlandu is just a trap for tickets before they release cloud, stay strong goons, a ticket saved is a Bedile earned.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

What base 3-4* units are coming down the pipeline that are close to base 5 level at 6*?

Being relative here because Gumi is delaying the schedule as long as they can with these loving global exclusive events.

Tilith 6* shouldnt be far off, we'll get her once the second BF banner pops up, she's one of the strongest healers in the game and shes base 4. She'll be the strongest healer for at least another 6+ months after she releases and ayaka comes out here.

Riku isn't that far off either and she's one of the premier support units in the game. She's base 4.

Ashe and Rasus are also good base 4s, Ashe being a healer/support/mage hybrid and Rasus is a hybrid tank/physical damage unit.

Viktoria comes a whiles after that, shes one of the strongest mages in the game and she's base 4, and this is without enhancements.

Its slim pickings for 3* capable of going 6* its main characters and villains from earlier getting it. Luckily most of them are decent.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

MrLonghair posted:

Maybe they're taking their time translating, testing, getting it working instead of holding it back on purpose.

lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Only reason I don't dig this is because I want Zoldaad Part 3 final.

If history repeats, they will release new story content in the second week of a King Mog event. They usually do non banner updates on a Wednesday, so maybe next week?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

All I know is what I dig up on the Reddit wiki on repeated dives, so I don't really "follow". Cao Ni Ma covered the major new base 4* players, but to clarify:
  • Rikku (released on Tidus's second banner) is one of the best support units in the game, bar-none. She's meta-worthy even on Altema.
  • Ashe and Rasler (released alongside Balthier/with Vaan 6*) are both solid if slightly underwhelming compared to a base-5*. They're both perfectly capable of performing well.
  • Meliadoul (on the Merc Ramza/Knight Delita banners) is basically a picking of (current) Ramza and Delita's utility skills and makes a good replacement for a Full Breaker if you need one.
  • Viktoria (on the Veritas banners) is basically a poor man's Dark Fina, and trumps pretty much every mage out there save for her, Trance Terra and maybe Ace.
  • When we get the second Type-0 banner, it's worth noting that Nine is probably a better 6* than Queen - whereas the latter gets Barrage and some really weird passives, the former is basically a souped up Kain and the first 6* Dragoon-type character other than Gilgamesh and Noctis, who kind of don't count the same.
  • On the "collabs we may or may not get" front, the Dragon Quest Monsters collab brings Orochi, who is a solid wall of meat, and the Monster Hunter collab brings Hunter Nichol, who is the only base-4* unit I know of with baked-in Dual Wield. He doesn't get all that much to do with it (only normal swords and daggers, somewhat lacking skillset) but Dual Wield is that busted.

New Base 3*s don't really get to see 6* forms, but there's a slow trickle of legacy characters that get them over the next few months. Notably:
  • The thread has talked plenty about Firion and how he's basically Trust Mastery Voltron. His 6* should be coming whenever we get the FF2 Emperor Mateus gacha/event. Should be within the next month or so.
  • Tilith and Maxwell aren't Base 3*, but they should both be getting 6*s...assuming a second BF collab happens. Since we already got the Maxwell fight, it may not. :shrug:
  • Terra's 6* comes alongside her base-5* Trance form ending up in the gacha, and while it's not quite as good, it's still a solid enough bootleg. Sadly, Kefka's time in the limelight is long gone, his 6* is kind of bad.
  • Vaan 6* comes with the Balthier banner and... eh. I'm not impressed; it doesn't add too much more than a stat bump. I'd honestly say I'd rather have Rain 6* than Vaan 6*, and one of them is free.
  • Warrior of Light and Garland both get 6*s at some point in the future, changing them from "well, they exist" to "third best tank after Cecil and Charlotte (and in the running for best Full Breaker)" and "doublehand Lightning". Garland probably won't be as absurd here due to the lack of stacking Doublehand buffs, but he's still got the same elemental suite.
  • Speaking of Charlotte, she gets her 6* around the Veritas event and may even beat Cecil for best tank.
  • Back on the base-4* level, Agrias and Gaffgarion get 6*s around the Merc Ramza banner. Agrias turns into a mini-Orlandu, Gaff into a mini-DK Cecil. (Agrias, obviously, is the winner there.)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
WoL's tied with Wilhelm for 1st, with Charlotte in 3rd, and Cecil down in 5th for tanks on the most recent altema rankings. They're close enough, though, so each of them are more than decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AegisP posted:

WoL's tied with Wilhelm for 1st, with Charlotte in 3rd, and Cecil down in 5th for tanks on the most recent altema rankings. They're close enough, though, so each of them are more than decent.

Huh. Something changed, since last I'd heard (pre-Charlotte 6*) he was in second with Wilhelm/Cecil at top. Did they finally give him enhancements?

But yeah, it really depends on what you need - WoL brings Full Break (and then some, given that he gets AoE breaks, too), Cecil has Curaja, Charlotte has an Esunaga baked into her shield. (Wilhelm's a Base 5* and is a taunt tank instead of a cover tank, but that just means he beats out Snow and Noct instead, really.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 1, 2017

• Locked thread