Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gaz-L posted:

Finn as #30 in full Demon King regalia would be a hell of a surprise and finish, actually. And as long as he's cleared enough to take one or two bumps, that's all he really has to do. A slingblade, a dropkick and some clotheslines would be fine.

I just have this gut feeling that they're going to do Balor v. Undertaker if he comes back, so I don't think he'll win if he does come back at the Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I just have this gut feeling that they're going to do Balor v. Undertaker if he comes back, so I don't think he'll win if he does come back at the Rumble.

They're doing Reigns-Taker

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm praying that that report was a swerve or just early plans that have changed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reigns/Taker I could at least see. Styles/Shane will be the baffling one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Here are the odds for the rest of the card

code:
Kevin Owens -1730
Roman Reigns +830

AJ Styles +550
John Cena -1050

Charlotte Flair -1950
Bayley +950

Rich Swann +850
Neville -1750

Becky Lynch/Naomi/Nikki Bella -175
Alexa Bliss/Mickie James/Natalya +135

Cesaro and Sheamus -170
The Club +130

Sasha Banks +350
Nia Jax -530

Currently at

Becky/Naomi/Nikki -530
Cesaro/Sheamus -140
Nia -1200
Orton -1200
Owens -2000
Cena -1700
Charlotte -1950
Neville -1750

Can't be far off from how it's going to be, people start taking seats in like an hour or so, so this is starting to be smart money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everything else grew and is solid now, only change is

Gallows/Anderson -1500

Congrats on the preshow title change we did it

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, at least KO is retaining

I'm sure it'll be some tremendously stupid gently caress finish but it's something

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Orton winning the Rumble is baffling until you realize that the Rumble winner has been the secondary storyline for Mania pretty regularly this decade

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What website do you guys gamble on this stuff on?

Couldn't you just parlay the whole card and make great money doing it?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

89 posted:

What website do you guys gamble on this stuff on?

Couldn't you just parlay the whole card and make great money doing it?

I believe the sites limit the amount of money you can make on this stuff since the smart money comes in reliably every show

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I feel like the crowd is going to poo poo all over Randy winning, but what bothers me even more is Bray winning the title at Elimination Chamber. Not because I don't want him to have it, but to get it in such a meaningless match only so he can lose it at WrestleMania is garbage.

I'm just amazed (I'm not really) that with all the potential winners they could go with, and the storylines it could enhance, this is what they're going with.

Although I suppose I could stop jumping the gun and just wait to see how this all plays out before I keep bitching.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nah, it is pretty ridiculous that the one time they actually stick to what they've said all along (they like Bray and intend to make him look good) it's only for a month and to ultimately put over the same guy they've tried to get the crowd to love for over a decade

When was that PPV where Orton was awarded the belt, lost it to HHH, and won it back from HHH all in the same night, 8 years ago? 9? Wyatt Orton is the best Orton's been since then, possibly ever, and it's been refreshing, and it does kinda suck that it's ending with another random title run during another random brand split

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Seems like that's no longer the case, no?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chris James 2 posted:

When was that PPV where Orton was awarded the belt, lost it to HHH, and won it back from HHH all in the same night, 8 years ago? 9?

No Mercy 2007.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Seems like that's no longer the case, no?

Ehh the Braun thing could be because they have a PPV between now and Mania an obviously taker won't be working it . I hope they changed course though

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ehh the Braun thing could be because they have a PPV between now and Mania an obviously taker won't be working it . I hope they changed course though

Apparently not!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Reigns was booked pretty heelish though in the Rumble itself. Everyone he tossed was gonna get big smark heat and he seemed there largely to ensure a decent pop for Orton winning

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As much as I didn't like either of those things, I recognize that he probably would have been booed if he'd eliminated someone else to do it like Joe or Goldberg

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
So there's a guy named Stamford Spoiler on Reddit who's leaking some stuff. The two big things of note:

- Post-Mania heel turn for Roman
- Cena / Nikki vs Miz/Maryse at WM, with it being Nikki's last match.

The last one makes a lot of sense and fills in a lot of the blanks around the Rumble and EC booking.

If Nikki wants to retire after working a match with John at WM, then everything falls into place. John then has to tie at RR and drop the belt at EC, so we run Bray/Orton. Except it's a hell of a swerve because everyone kind of groans at Cena/Orton 25, so people get happy for the Bray stuff.

We can even have Miz pull some poo poo in the EC to cost Cena his title and get him out early (setting up some kind of Luke/Bray/Randy final 3, probably) to set up the feud.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Link?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

https://www.reddit.com/user/StamfordSpoiler

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
LOL the Nikki thing being posted 19 days ago.

Yeah that's true.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

rovert posted:

LOL the Nikki thing being posted 19 days ago.

Yeah that's true.

Yeah when I read your explanation about it "not being a marriage proposal" this made the most sense.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Welp if Goldberg is going to squash KO in less time than Lesnar than there's no way in hell I'm watching Fastlane.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

gently caress. I'm never going to get Nikkisawa vs Asuka in a First Broken Skull Loses match.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
So much for Miz/Maryse vs Ambrose/Young. Still, current Miz is entertaining and the promos should be fun.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
drat I wanted a face vs face Nikki/Becky match for the smackdown women's title at some point. Seems like the hottest match they could make in the smackdown women's division

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

schweens posted:

drat I wanted a face vs face Nikki/Becky match for the smackdown women's title at some point. Seems like the hottest match they could make in the smackdown women's division

Seems like they'll go for a 4-way with Alexa / Becky / Naomi / Mickie. I guess the EC match ends with a gently caress finish brawl and we do that

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Welp if Goldberg is going to squash KO in less time than Lesnar than there's no way in hell I'm watching Fastlane.
I mean they kind of booked themselves into a corner in there

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean they kind of booked themselves into a corner in there

Is there a specific reason Brock/Goldberg needs to be for the title?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Is there a specific reason Brock/Goldberg needs to be for the title?

I assume it's because they ruined the credibility of the title and they want to use part timers to make it a big deal. Putting it on Brock (almost 100% he's going to win) also means a huge rub to whoever takes it off him, as long as it's legit this time. Probably Summerslam, probably Finn or Roman.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vaguido posted:

I assume it's because they ruined the credibility of the title and they want to use part timers to make it a big deal. Putting it on Brock (almost 100% he's going to win) also means a huge rub to whoever takes it off him, as long as it's legit this time. Probably Summerslam, probably Finn or Roman.
Roman never got his win back from Lesner, so you know that's who's becoming champion next.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I dislike spreading hateful rumours around about people I personally like. But so the story goes a reason why they went with Goldberg and the Goldberg vs Brock series is that Lesnar doesn't think Owens is a credible threat/foe. Lesnar seems to view Owens as just a fat guy so he refused to work with him.

Will be interesting if those two ever wrestle.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Roman never got his win back from Lesner, so you know that's who's becoming champion next.

Uh...there's only been one Roman/Lesnar match (I think?), and neither of them won, so this is some A+ whining.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

How much longer does Lesnar even have on his deal? Do they have time to run with him as champion until Summerslam?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Uh...there's only been one Roman/Lesnar match (I think?), and neither of them won, so this is some A+ whining.

Brock lost the Triple Threat at Fastlane to Roman and feuded with Ambrose instead of bullying the gently caress out of the guy who won the match, so basically wrestling is dumb.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vaguido posted:

Brock lost the Triple Threat at Fastlane to Roman and feuded with Ambrose instead of bullying the gently caress out of the guy who won the match, so basically wrestling is dumb.

Brock/Ambrose at Mania 32 was so dumb and bad that I think my brain forced me to forget everything else surrounding that feud.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Brock/Ambrose at Mania 31 was so dumb and bad that I think my brain forced me to forget everything else surrounding that feud.

Including which mania it was

Oh you edited it

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Including which mania it was

Oh you edited it

I think we're all better off pretending Mania 32 never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

rovert posted:

I dislike spreading hateful rumours around about people I personally like. But so the story goes a reason why they went with Goldberg and the Goldberg vs Brock series is that Lesnar doesn't think Owens is a credible threat/foe. Lesnar seems to view Owens as just a fat guy so he refused to work with him.

Will be interesting if those two ever wrestle.

Bury Brock into the core of the earth