Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It only took them 14 years, no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I hate being reminded that I don't have one of those PVC Kacho figures :(

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Negrostrike posted:

It only took them 14 years, no big deal.

They started the accounts earlier this morning, and one of the first pictures they put up this afternoon was Inoue holding a sign that says "Really" since so many people were skeptical if it was really them or not, because it took them so long..

Cat Machine posted:

I hate being reminded that I don't have one of those PVC Kacho figures :(

The rarest merchandise. Even event-limited stuff isn't that rare...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone seed the season 17 episodes? I am trying to grab them from the website, and I just get "connecting to peer" and nothing at all in 12 hours.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Can you connect with other trackers? I had to set up a manual port forward because upnp wasn't working for whatever reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

Can you connect with other trackers? I had to set up a manual port forward because upnp wasn't working for whatever reason.

Yeah the other episodes I grabbed downloaded fast. It just anything from season 3 is having issues. I got about 1/3 into the Rocky Rodent episode before it hit 'connecting to peer" issue.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

F-Zero X - Arino managed to clear it on novice.

Next time is a Jaleco game. Speculation?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Maniac Mansion.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Maniac Mansion.

quote:

Many of the background details are missing, and instead of a save feature an over 100 character long password is required to save progress.

Yes please.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Oh. Oh my...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrRBqD39hd4

e: That loving selection beeping sound would drive me insane if I were trying to play it. Luckily I can just play the proper NA/EU version.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was gonna suggest Shatterhand / Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain, but I guess it was only Jaleco in the west. Perhaps Ninja Jajamaru-kun?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I noticed there are torrents now on the website for each season which is very nice. Seems like only season 17 doesn't have this yet, which is a shame since even after a day almost none of those episodes outside of DKC2 are downloading at all.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why aren't you on the big nyaa torrent?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

Next time is a Jaleco game. Speculation?

tetris plus

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why aren't you on the big nyaa torrent?

I never saw the link to it. The OP hasn't been updated in a few years. And it not on the website since it hasn't been updated while translations are on hiatus.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Was thinking to myself "what big torrents? I didn't see any the last time I looked" and then realized people are still using my 3 year old batch torrents I got going, haha Those are missing all the content from SA since.

I might be able to set up new ones since I have all the content on my external, don't know if people would switch over and seed those though.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

zari-gani posted:

I have pics of me with Arino at the wrap-up party but since that was a private event, I probably shouldn't post them. They kept giving me beer and shochu and the next morning, I woke up with a massive hangover and half a dozen photos on my phone of me and Arino hugging.

He's hugged a lot of girls. :sax:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Pizza Pop on the Famicom.
I don't think any of us saw that one coming, could it be a subtle nod to Canadian junk food?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Are Canadians particularly known for pizza and/or pop?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

Are Canadians particularly known for pizza and/or pop?

Pizza Pops are the Canada-only equivalent to a Hot Pocket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_Pops

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I am unreasonably excited for this challenge. Pizza Pop is amazing. You play as Conan O'Brien and you can deliver pizza to Kirk Van Houten.

P.S. I am finally able to start working on episodes again.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 9, 2017

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I am unreasonably excited for this challenge. Pizza Pop is amazing. You play as Conan O'Brien and you can deliver pizza to Kirk Van Houten.

Bootleg Kirk is on LSD and really needs that seafood pizza with crackers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

Yay. This is too much to ask, but could the Wizard & Warriors episode be one of the first ones back? That game is hard as gently caress, but I love that game as a kid and want to see how Arino handles it.

[edit]

Also whoever in charge of the SA-GGCX website, can you fix the Super Mario Bros 2 page. The direct download doesn't work of course, but the torrent for some reason downloads the torrent full of specials instead.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 9, 2017

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Isn't the episode part of that torrent?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Chief posted:

Isn't the episode part of that torrent?

Looking at that folder since it just finished..and it's not there. It has almost all the specials and two revenge attempts, with not a single one named Super Mario Bros 2.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Wasn't Super Mario Bros 2 subbed by TV Nihon? I'm pretty sure it was the first actual challenge game that wasn't just like 5 minute segments. Unless you mean Doki Doki Panic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Wasn't Super Mario Bros 2 subbed by TV Nihon? I'm pretty sure it was the first actual challenge game that wasn't just like 5 minute segments. Unless you mean Doki Doki Panic.

There two parts, with one done by TV Nihon (which was part of the season one torrent), but part 2 that SA-GCX did is missing.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

zari-gani posted:

Looks fun. I was hoping to try a translated version of the game, but it looks like no rom exists online for an English translation.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Rirse posted:

There two parts, with one done by TV Nihon (which was part of the season one torrent), but part 2 that SA-GCX did is missing.

Ok. This anyone have a torrent link for this?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Rirse posted:

Yay. This is too much to ask, but could the Wizard & Warriors episode be one of the first ones back? That game is hard as gently caress, but I love that game as a kid and want to see how Arino handles it.

I can't promise anything because there's tons of other stuff in the queue. But, will keep in mind.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I can't promise anything because there's tons of other stuff in the queue. But, will keep in mind.

I'll add that while I've done scripts for a few episodes that weren't that difficult (so I could do them faster), once I finish what I'm working on now (something I'm sure will make people pretty happy), I'd like to focus on doing episodes as close to broadcast order as possible.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Chief posted:

Ok. This anyone have a torrent link for this?

Actually I think it's included in the Special folder, but under Pokemon for some reason. I skimmed the video and saw some footage of Mario 2 in it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Because it's a Pokémon special. It's from season 1 when the interviews were the feature.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

I'll add that while I've done scripts for a few episodes that weren't that difficult (so I could do them faster), once I finish what I'm working on now (something I'm sure will make people pretty happy), I'd like to focus on doing episodes as close to broadcast order as possible.

I've been watching some raws and there's been a lot of great recent episodes. Gonna throw in Rygar, Somer assault (that game is WEIRD) and the Shikoku travel special episode.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zari-gani posted:

Can I borrow a pizza?
Can you lend me a jar of sauce

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Enough of a reach that it took me a while to put it together.

Good news that there may be some further translations coming, I have been missing the ol' Game Center CX for a bit!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There we go, finally got all the Game Center episodes but two. Having trouble getting the Magical Quest Starring Mickey and Super Metroid part 3 from Last Continue. They are not part of the SA-GGX site, so they can't be reuploaded, but anyone got a mirror for these two files? The torrents for the other Last Continue downloaded fine, but these two barely downloaded anything.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rirse posted:

There we go, finally got all the Game Center episodes but two. Having trouble getting the Magical Quest Starring Mickey and Super Metroid part 3 from Last Continue. They are not part of the SA-GGX site, so they can't be reuploaded, but anyone got a mirror for these two files? The torrents for the other Last Continue downloaded fine, but these two barely downloaded anything.

I've combined the Super Metroid NC challenge into one file. I can upload it in a few days if you haven't found it until then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TeaJay posted:

I've combined the Super Metroid NC challenge into one file. I can upload it in a few days if you haven't found it until then.

Okay cool. Another goon is going to upload the Mickey video for me on Mega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
I honestly am way more excited for Pizza Pop then i feel i should be. I played it on a pirate cart once and fell in love, but forgot about it until this got announced. It'll also give me an excuse to buy a copy, since i'd love to play it again.

Also, i feel like Captain Tsubasa was being worked on at one point, so i have a gut feeling that may be one of the first ones we see.