Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Davincie posted:

what is it with these designs

all of these are good

i welcome our furry friends into musou land

hell, i'd play as a klurf if mashing square still explodes mooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Well that went fast from a game I was interested in straight into no thank you.

The only way to savage it would be if they announce they're adding lu lingqi

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I just finished playing hyrule warriors which has apparently awoken a hunger to play more games similar to it.

I have a pc and ps4.

Which game in this genre do you guys suggest I play next?
Looks like warriors orochi 3 ultimate is the newest one?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

LeninVS posted:

I just finished playing hyrule warriors which has apparently awoken a hunger to play more games similar to it.

I have a pc and ps4.

Which game in this genre do you guys suggest I play next?
Looks like warriors orochi 3 ultimate is the newest one?

Ororchi 3 (whatever version) is probably my favorite gameplay wise but the story is extra dumb even for this type of game. It has a weapon system I really like and while I forgot the name of the system, you can basically prestige every single character multiple times to raise their stats a bit. The roster depth also kind of guarantees you'll find a lot of characters you like. You can grind forever in that game if you want.

The Sengoku Basara series is great. The Warriors games cribbed some stuff from them around Dynasty Warriors 7 or 8, but Basara still has a richer combat system in my eyes. Unfortunately the only way you can really play it is to import the Japanese PS4 hard copy.

Given what you've played, I'd say start with Orochi 3 then maybe consider trying out Basara if you still want more. The One Piece Warriors games are good too and Berserk is coming soon but who knows how good that will be.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, no Orochi 3 is pretty drat old at this point. Your main choices are Dynasty Warriors 8, Pirate Warriors 3 (helps if you're a One Piece fan or at least know the characters) or Samurai Warriors 4. Orochi 3 is also still good but be aware that it's a port of a port of a port. Any of those are still the 'best' Warriors games out at the moment.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also DW9 has been announced and apparently it's gonna shake up some stuff like having a full open world.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

note that dw8 is a bit older than the rest of those too. while it has a giant amount of content, its engine is somewhat outdated

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I picked up one piece 3 yesterday. It didn't seem to work with my controller though. Maybe il try and reconfigure that.

Never read or watched one piece...but I don't really play these games for the story.
I'm more interested in fun combat and neat skills and upgrades.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
IMO dw8 xl is still the best warriors game out there just because it has so much content

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WO3U has gauntlet mode which owns.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

WO3U has gauntlet mode which owns.

I forgot about gauntlet mode. Yeah gauntlet mode is great. Escalates real quickly.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Hello they dropped more Warriors today

Darius, who I know nothing about but is already Best Boy
DoA's second worst and actual worst characters
And a new OC (Orb Character) named Shiki

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I wonder if they could get a Tecmo Bowl player?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
bo jackson

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

I wonder if they could get a Tecmo Bowl player?

God I hope so. And he'd better have the music for the two teams.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I, in fact, voted for Bo Jackson on Tecmo's survey and even did so in proper Japanese.

Bo Knows Musou.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So I guess that Dynasty Warriors SRPG came out, did anyone notice? Does anyone care?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mediocre reviews, basically if you liked dynasty tactics series, you're the target.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

So I guess that Dynasty Warriors SRPG came out, did anyone notice? Does anyone care?

I'm playing it now. It's... weird. It really genuinely feels like a wholehearted attempt to convert Dynasty Warriors gameplay to SRPG mechanics. It's also super cheap feeling though. I'm not sure if I like it or not but it isn't aggressive bad or anything as far as I am. It's just what you'd get if you wanted Musou in a SRPG instead of an action game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

I'm playing it now. It's... weird. It really genuinely feels like a wholehearted attempt to convert Dynasty Warriors gameplay to SRPG mechanics. It's also super cheap feeling though. I'm not sure if I like it or not but it isn't aggressive bad or anything as far as I am. It's just what you'd get if you wanted Musou in a SRPG instead of an action game

I thought that was Fire Emblem Awakening

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad they are adding Arnice to KT warriors. Gun robot from Toukiden 2 is a bit of a surprise considering they already have a Toukiden gun character, but he seems different enough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toukiden's waifu game is pretty strong but I assume there's no way they could complete with a gun toting robot in popularity

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He is a really cool robot I mean look at him

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Its punch and shoots peoples time

Ayane is repping Ninja Gaiden again

Arnice and Christophorus from a game I really should play one of these days.

Tokitsugu aka Vivi with a gun

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the lil robot dude's moveset reminds me of saika's. might just be the gun tho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The GIG posted:

Its punch and shoots peoples time

Ayane is repping Ninja Gaiden again

Arnice and Christophorus from a game I really should play one of these days.

Tokitsugu aka Vivi with a gun

Nights of Azure will be on steam on 2/7 I think. I like the game well enough, but I'd say wait for a sale.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

chumbler posted:

Nights of Azure will be on steam on 2/7 I think. I like the game well enough, but I'd say wait for a sale.

gently caress, why do I buy games on my PS4 if they're all gonna come out on steam for a cheaper price?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Better chance of them not being unplayabley broken for the first couple of weeks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That is what waiting for a steam sale is for :haw:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Tempted to pick up nights of azure.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Berserk Warriors is coming out in 2 weeks right? I'm hype as gently caress.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TK is making a VR Dynasty Warriors game for some reason.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Can't wait for the VR fad to pass so real games will come out again.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

VR is neat, but few games benefit from it and the upfront cost is so high that you may as well make a thing and charge what you want since people who can afford it have a wider impulse purchase range.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Poops Mcgoots posted:

VR is neat, but few games benefit from it and the upfront cost is so high that you may as well make a thing and charge what you want since people who can afford it have a wider impulse purchase range.

Irrelevant comment, but your avatar is like an awesome parody of saltbae.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Some new faces and a new "New" face

Plachta

Naotora Ii and the WORST GODDAMN REMIX OF CITY OF FLOWERS I'VE EVER HEARD

And Zhou Cang making his debut early

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Why in the world is Naotora Ii saying "How embarrassing!" and not "I'm sorry!" like she did in SW4? That just makes her sound dumb.

Zhou Cang looks awesome.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Apparently you can put wang yuanji in kasumi's outfit, I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Even more sold that I already was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tae posted:

Apparently you can put wang yuanji in kasumi's outfit, I guess