Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Drake_263 posted:

I already have one of each

Time for a fellblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
AH yes, the casual Typhon twin spartan list

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I could field a list with a Typhon, Spartan, a Phobos, and *two* Proteus in it if I wanted. Ironically I'm more lacking for light transports like Rhinos.

And yeah, the Spartan is cool and practical but the mini itself just doesn't have the same visual oomph as the Typhon does. I saw somebody making a Spartan equivalent out of the bottom half of a Lord of Skulls and that looks like an awesome project.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Is there a conversion kit to make the gun on the Typhon more biglyer?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You could put the 'big momma' cannon from one of my vindicators onto one

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Mango, scan dat poo poo immediately and send us a link.

Just spent 3 hours tonight putting over 400 magnets in this zone Mortalis board. It's coming together!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Mango, scan dat poo poo immediately and send us a link.

Just spent 3 hours tonight putting over 400 magnets in this zone Mortalis board. It's coming together!

Christ, mine is still in the box.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

You could put the 'big momma' cannon from one of my vindicators onto one

There's a Yo Momma joke in there somewhere.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Perturabo arrived yesterday and is soaking in a soap and water bath. I have never assembled a Forge World model before. How much whisky should I have on hand?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Try not to cry at the size and terrible location of some of the resin gates on your very expensive model.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Thankfully it looks like the really offensive gating is on the display base which I won't use 90% of the time, but it's still going to be something I have to deal with and holy poo poo is it bad in those places. I'm mostly worried about poo poo getting warped, particularly the ammo feed to his wrist guns. I'm also very mildly worried about loving up magnetizing his right hand since loving it up won't be as easy to fix as just getting a new tac marine arm or whatever.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The nice part about resin is that you can heat it up with hot water and slowly bend it into shape. So don't worry about the gun bits.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lord Twisted posted:

Try not to cry at the size and terrible location of some of the resin gates on your very expensive model.

I managed to absolutely mangle the tracks of my Spartan when trying to remove the resin gates a few months back. I did not manage to not rage cry about it. :emo:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Likely playing this list tomorrow, any feedback is welcome. Delegatus will be riding in the storm eagle with vets, Vigilator will be scouting and stealthing the HB squad.

+++ 1500 acid bath (1500pts) +++

+ HQ (190pts) +

Legion Centurion (105pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Calibanite War Blade (10pts)]
[Vigilator (35pts)]

Legion Centurion (85pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Calibanite War Blade (10pts)]
Delegatus (15pts) [Master Crafted Weapon]
Master of the Legion [Chosen Duty]

+ Troops (520pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (240pts) [Combi-weapon (10pts), 2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web and Molecular Acid Shells (50pts), 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines (108pts), Marksmen]
Legion Veteran Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Calibanite War Blade (10pts)]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (280pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web and Molecular Acid Shells (50pts), 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines (108pts), Marksmen]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Multi-melta (15pts)]
Legion Veteran Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Calibanite War Blade (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (555pts) +

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (75pts)
[2x Hunter-killer Missiles (10pts), Multi-melta (10pts)]

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (230pts) [Molecular Acid Shells (25pts), 5x Space Marine Sky Hunters (175pts)]

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (250pts) [Two Twin-linked Lascannons (40pts)]

+ Heavy Support (235pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (235pts) [7x Legion Space Marines (140pts), Molecular Acid Shells (40pts)]

Legion Astartes [I: Dark Angels, Traitor]

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't know if he will bring it tomorrow, but your opponent likes his leviathan dreadnought in a dreadnought drop pod. Might want to make sure you have a plan for that possibility (lots of heavy bolters in the back?).

Otherwise looks pretty solid. Should mulch anything on foot.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
You guys soak your resin for hours? I do a dunk and toothbrush scrub in lightly warmed soapy water, then dunk in clean water and let dry.

Am I doing a wrong?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TKIY posted:

You guys soak your resin for hours? I do a dunk and toothbrush scrub in lightly warmed soapy water, then dunk in clean water and let dry.

Am I doing a wrong?

Nah. I leave my stuff soaking out of sheer laziness usually. As long as you do a good scrub you're fine.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

I don't know if he will bring it tomorrow, but your opponent likes his leviathan dreadnought in a dreadnought drop pod. Might want to make sure you have a plan for that possibility (lots of heavy bolters in the back?).

Otherwise looks pretty solid. Should mulch anything on foot.

Good to know. I might want to wiggle some points around and get lascannons on my javelin- i figure that + storm eagle lascannons shots ought to be able to pop a leviathan. My army also spreads out nicely so once it lands I can also just run away from it and make it impossible for him to kill enough to make it's points up.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Broken Record Talk posted:

I managed to absolutely mangle the tracks of my Spartan when trying to remove the resin gates a few months back. I did not manage to not rage cry about it. :emo:

Are the Spartan's tracks separate from the hull, or are they integrated like the Sicaran?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SRM posted:

Are the Spartan's tracks separate from the hull, or are they integrated like the Sicaran?

Old mould is seperate, new is integrated.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TTerrible posted:

Old mould is seperate, new is integrated.

Cool, because after building my Proteus I was hoping to never have to do separate tracks again. How many 30k tanks still have separate tracks?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

The nice part about resin is that you can heat it up with hot water and slowly bend it into shape. So don't worry about the gun bits.

Just want to highlight this. I didn't heat up my resin for a long time because I was scared I guess of damaging my precious jewels.

I regret waiting so long to heat that poo poo up. For smaller bits, at least, you just need a shot glass and some hot water from a faucet. That's how I bend my autocannons and belts.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

SRM posted:

I just got mine two days ago and it has the tracks already on it but the gates are as mentioned, utter hell to remove and save the tracks that are connected to the giant resin blobs.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Stanyer89 posted:

I just got mine two days ago and it has the tracks already on it but the gates are as mentioned, utter hell to remove and save the tracks that are connected to the giant resin blobs.

Nice, thanks for confirming, dudes. Fortunately I muck up my treads pretty good with mud and snow so I can cover some of that if there's any problems.

DrPop posted:

Just want to highlight this. I didn't heat up my resin for a long time because I was scared I guess of damaging my precious jewels.

I regret waiting so long to heat that poo poo up. For smaller bits, at least, you just need a shot glass and some hot water from a faucet. That's how I bend my autocannons and belts.

I have a water boiler meant for making tea, so I just heat up a small cup for bending resin and have myself a cuppa while I'm at it.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

I have a water boiler meant for making tea, so I just heat up a small cup for bending resin and have myself a cuppa while I'm at it.

I do this too :3:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Most of the time the steam is enough to do the job.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM posted:

Nice, thanks for confirming, dudes. Fortunately I muck up my treads pretty good with mud and snow so I can cover some of that if there's any problems.

Duncan has a demo of how he dealt with those gates, they're really the one thing putting me off ordering a Spartan fun-bus for my terminators.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Cut, file, sand. Lol if you don't have a band saw and belt grinder in your hobby room

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If you have an older washing machine, you can get hot water directly from it by turning it to hot and holding a coffee cup under the tap.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Most full sized commercial coffee machines have a spout for direct boiling water if you just happen to have one kicking about.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Why is obtaing hot water so hard in the US? wtf

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm in Canada. What is 'hot' and how do you make water from ice?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Lick it for a while

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Warhammer 30k: I know the right color of power armour in 970.M30, but not how to boil water

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

Lick it for a while

Stop sounding like my wife.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He does a good job, it's true

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I, too, think that a nice part of resin is when the parts on my extremely expensive premium models are so badly warped that I have to apply the laws of thermodynamics to repair what their process engineering department could not.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I, too, think that a nice part of resin is when the parts on my extremely expensive premium models are so badly warped that I have to apply the laws of thermodynamics to repair what their process engineering department two dudes named Gavin in a garage could not.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

And they've nicknamed that place the Gavrage.

What causes the warping? Removing the piece from the mold too fast? I've had a warp talon from Forgeworld where the wing pieces were wrapped like a pretzel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

I, too, think that a nice part of resin is when the parts on my extremely expensive premium models are so badly warped that I have to apply the laws of thermodynamics to repair what their process engineering department could not.

I usually proxy my models as garbage because nobody can tell the difference