Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lonely Virgil posted:

Tammy is still the queen.

HOW THE gently caress DOES A FOREHEAD GET FAT

I MEAN

HOW DOES IT HAPPEN

"Peekaboo~!"

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Always in the last place you look :rolleyes:

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

HOW THE gently caress DOES A FOREHEAD GET FAT

I MEAN

HOW DOES IT HAPPEN

It happens when your body can't figure out where to store any more fat.
It's like "thighs? Already massive. Stomach? Already producing its own gravity comparable to Pluto. Arms and legs? lovely 80s action figures have more articulation. Neck/chin? Like a meat balloon. Forehead? Jackpot!"

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Blair Cottrell looking trim

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shai-Hulud posted:

It happens when your body can't figure out where to store any more fat.
It's like "thighs? Already massive. Stomach? Already producing its own gravity comparable to Pluto. Arms and legs? lovely 80s action figures have more articulation. Neck/chin? Like a meat balloon. Forehead? Jackpot!"

The saddest thing I learned in Anatomy was that the human body's ability to grow adipose tissue is basically unlimited.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In Monty Python's Holy Grail many character boast full plate armour, but it wasn't a thing until the 13th century, more than five centuries later.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Paladinus posted:

In Monty Python's Holy Grail many character boast full plate armour, but it wasn't a thing until the 13th century, more than five centuries later.

What do you mean, African or European plate armor?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Uhh the gently caress it was filmed in the 20th century :confused:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The saddest thing I learned in Anatomy was that the human body's ability to grow adipose tissue is basically unlimited.

Not sure if you mean "grow" as in expand, or "grow" as in produce, but since the 70's, it's been pretty much universally agreed that the number of adipocytes cells is generally set in childhood, and won't increase, except in cases of morbid obesity where it's possible (but not probable) for the cell to replicate. When talking about "growing," the correct way to describe it is the cells themselves getting larger, not the body creating new cells (again, generally).

I thought my wife was batshit insane when she told me about this, but after a bunch of reading, it seems she is correct.

Relevant article

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Furries

http://www.wthr.com/article/prosecutor-men-in-animal-costumes-raped-child-repeatedly-0

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Zipperelli. posted:

Not sure if you mean "grow" as in expand, or "grow" as in produce, but since the 70's, it's been pretty much universally agreed that the number of adipocytes cells is generally set in childhood, and won't increase, except in cases of morbid obesity where it's possible (but not probable) for the cell to replicate. When talking about "growing," the correct way to describe it is the cells themselves getting larger, not the body creating new cells (again, generally).

I thought my wife was batshit insane when she told me about this, but after a bunch of reading, it seems she is correct.

Relevant article

Yeah, that's what I meant. The amount of adipocytes is generally fixed, but their size, sadly, is not.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So when you get liposuction it physically removes some fat cells. Get fat again and you'll get lumpy too, since you no longer have an even distribution of fat cells.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Humans are gross. The more I read about us, the less I like us.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/31/prosecutors-boy-sexually-abused-at-furry-parties-by-man-who-wore-fox-costume/

:smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The researcher who compared furries to Trekkies was more accurate than she knew :smith:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Cosima posted:

Amy Slaton

http://i.imgur.com/jtL6j6q.jpg

Rambling Robot has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jan 31, 2017

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Last time I saw Amy, she was also getting a fat forehead like her sister. It must be genetic.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burn it all down, Trump.

:smith:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Paladinus posted:

Absolutely awkward

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shiiiiiiiiiit :ohdear:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Disgusting and horrifying, but sadly not surprising.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

This is one reason I can't take white supremacists seriously. Sure you got lots of great white inventors and artists and poo poo but the majority of white people you come across are dumb as gently caress or otherwise immature.

Master race my rear end, the brown stained toilet paper that results from me wiping is more dignified than some of these people

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

DicktheCat posted:

So, uh, tell me the story of BEEEEEEEEES! and flaskfucker, 'cause what?? Just what?

Also, terrible backpanther came from SA? the loving shame!!

Sorry this is from many pages ago, but I was referring to the first story here: http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/bees/1/

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

unwantedplatypus posted:

This is one reason I can't take white supremacists seriously. Sure you got lots of great white inventors and artists and poo poo but the majority of white people you come across are dumb as gently caress or otherwise immature.

Master race my rear end, the brown stained toilet paper that results from me wiping is more dignified than some of these people

Yeah, same goes for every race dude. The majority of anything is poo poo.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Somfin posted:

It's like someone took all the bones out of a giraffe's neck except you aren't likely to become endangered any time soon

Hey man don't underestimate congestive heart disease.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

And thus, racial equality was achieved

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Group of Pennsylvania men, dressed as furries, arrested for sexually abusing 9-year-old boy

quote:

While furries — people who prefer to dress up in mascot-like outfits — are not inherently sexual

Ummm are you sure about that

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Like most things that get popular on the internet, it usually ends up with fuckin.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sometimes people go to a massage parlor for a massage.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

unwantedplatypus posted:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

PCOS Bill posted:

The majority posts memes on Facebook. :cool:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Not a hill I'm particularly willing to die on, but a lot of furries are just massive nerds and social failures who clump together in the fandom because it's non-judgemental to a fault. However that lack of judgement does also allow hosed up weirdos- paedos, animal rapists and so on- to operate mostly below the radar.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i liked when furries came up in the anonymous e/n thread, in the context of "if you're young and male in the furry fandom then have fun getting sexually abused"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

PCOS Bill got PCOS Billed :laffo:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

that one in the middle has me curious

are the eyes that close together solely because of lovely craftsmanship, or is the wearer underneath literally one of these dudes

furries do love paying thousands of dollars to have their poo poo custom-fitted

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011