Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Naw, man, they don't want to spoil that experience for you. Don't forget to post a trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

whaley posted:

I could do that but I wanna play a new one. I've played all the others!

Don't do this to yourself. Live with your memories of what Bomberman once was, not what's it's become.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Instant Sunrise posted:

Don't do this to yourself. Live with your memories of what Bomberman once was, not what's it's become.

I am going to digitally buy Super Bomberman R for the Nintendo Switch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PerrineClostermann posted:

Reminder that Nintendo currently has a paid online service via Pokemon Bank. It costs....five dollars a year.

What's it do?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Takoluka posted:

:yeah: maybe?

I dunno I think I'll get home with my Switch and look at some reviews and see if the single player content merits the price, like I really do want it just for multiplayer which looks okay but at $55 CAD I kind of want more than just that.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's it do?

Lets you store a bunch of pokemon in the cloud, and facilitate transferring them between pretty much every pokemon game ever.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's it do?

Lets you store like a billion Pokémon from any Generation 6 and 7 game. You can then transfer them to any of your other games, effectively letting you trade with yourself without needing a second 3DS.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If anyone else pre-ordered from PC Richards' website earlier today, I just got an e-mail saying their pre-orders becoming available was an error and they cancelled my order.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

FireMrshlBill posted:

But mad props to Nintendo for owning up to the real reason for a portable device.

for the love of god get more fiber in your diet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm for sure cool with $25 a year for it. I honestly won't give it a second thought at that price.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lets you store a bunch of pokemon in my butt, and facilitate transferring them between pretty much every pokemon game ever.

Likely stored Locally on the ds then online just used to verify you paid and maybe not a dirty hacker?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So they have to tell us about the supposed tiers of online before launch, right?

Is it actually different subscriptions or was that just how they represented the exchange rate?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atomicated posted:

Look at this man who doesn't use being on the toilet as an excuse to get some inner retrospection, meditation, and the occasional tweet.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 1, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Beastie posted:

Is it actually different subscriptions or was that just how they represented the exchange rate?

The latter. Also the system launches in March but the paid online doesn't come until the fall so it might not be set in stone (hence the 2-3000 yen range he gave).

Though that doesn't mean there couldn't be tiers, but they've given no indication that that would be the case.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Atomicated posted:

5% of your time on the toilet is for actual making GBS threads, the other 95% is about alone time with plausible deniability.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's awkward when gaming tries to be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaCso_b_PtY

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I keep going back and forth about Zelda. There is no question I'm getting it but I just can't decide if I want to go digital or not. My gut tells me that I'm going to be playing the game for a long rear end time so I'd like to always have in on the device but my head is telling me save money and buy it from amazon.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Takoluka posted:

Same, friend

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

s.i.r.e. posted:

At the end of the ad does he wipe his rear end with the Switch and flush it down the toilet?

He uses print outs of your posting history and somehow smearing it with poo poo improves it as a result. The world is a wonderful, magical place.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Instant Sunrise posted:

bomberman hero is on the wii vc but not bomberman 64

I'm mad right now.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

RCarr posted:

If anyone else pre-ordered from PC Richards' website earlier today, I just got an e-mail saying their pre-orders becoming available was an error and they cancelled my order.

suppsely they only got 100 Switches in total.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Beastie posted:

So they have to tell us about the supposed tiers of online before launch, right?

The exchange rate has been bouncing between 100 to 120 JPY per USD. Last month it had a high of 117 and it's been hovering around 113 for the past 2 weeks.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Atomicated posted:

it's not that, it's that you gotta actually use your sphincter instead of letting poo poo slowly ooze out of your body for an hour

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you sincerely posting this or like ironically

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I'm going to train up for Super Bomberman R since I never really played Bomberman much. I just beat Bomberman DS last night and now I'm going to play Bomberman Max or '93

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Daniel, I served with CEO Kaz. I knew CEO Kaz. CEO Kaz was a friend of mine. Daniel, you're no CEO Kaz.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jarogue posted:

I think I'm going to train up for Super Bomberman R since I never really played Bomberman much. I just beat Bomberman DS last night and now I'm going to play Bomberman Max or '93

Super Bomberman 2 is canon.

I can't remember which one was the GBA game, but I 100%d that game. It was good. UNLIKE BOMBERMAN 64.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

He uses print outs of your posting history and somehow smearing it with poo poo improves it as a result. The world is a wonderful, magical place.

Why do you take this forum so seriously? lol

Bleck posted:

it's not that, it's that you gotta actually use your sphincter instead of letting poo poo slowly ooze out of your body for an hour

First the 3DS thread taught us to screw, now the Switch thread taught us to poo poo. So much knowledge to be had amongst Nintendo fans.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Phone posted:

It was good. UNLIKE BOMBERMAN 64.

I'mma fight you.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

FPzero posted:

Speaking of other not-full-price Switch games, Puyo Puyo Tetris is only $40, putting it to $32 via Prime. I think Has-Been Heroes also has a physical release but is only $20?

I like this variable pricing scheme so far.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is apparently :10bux: cheaper digital too so one more reason to get it that way.

Major Ryan posted:

In all seriousness, I can't believe it's not a pack-in game. I get their reasons but Wii Sports must have sold so many Wiis that missing out on the same trick here just seems amateur.
Wii Sports was not a pack-in title in Japan and still sold gangbusters

minusX fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 1, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

are you sincerely posting this or like ironically

Man, if there's anyone in the video game sphere who has a perspective on the costs of things and how much they're arguably worth, it's ZhugeEX.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sumo just annouced that this thing is Switch-bound. Looks interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Phone posted:

Super Bomberman 2 is canon.

I can't remember which one was the GBA game, but I 100%d that game. It was good. UNLIKE BOMBERMAN 64.

Too bad I don't have a cart of 2 and it not on any UC VC as far as I know. Here hoping it along with 1 gets a VC release on the Switch.

Also I forgot I had 64 but haven't played it and the only thing I know of 64 is this one song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qg0x07oaZY

minusX posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is apparently :10bux: cheaper digital too so one more reason to get it that way.

But the keychains

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lodin posted:

Sumo just annouced that this thing is Switch-bound. Looks interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

This looks really weird and I like it, day one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Reminder that Nintendo currently has a paid online service via Pokemon Bank. It costs....five dollars a year.

Wasn't there some recent issue with Pokemon Bank? Aside from idiots trying to put Missingno in to Sun/Moon and messing up their games in the process. If you stop using it for too long they delete your banked Pokemon or something insane like that?

Raserys posted:

Is Heroes dropping at midnight

It'll be midnight somewhere when it does, so yes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

minusX posted:

Only $2 cheaper if you have Prime or GCU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

whaley posted:

Dang man quit trying to make left handed people sound like they're crippled

How did I do that? Preferring to play left handed and with a d-pad over buttons but appreciating that I could still play left handed nonetheless? I can and do lots of things right handed, but playing Prime Hunters on the DS right handed would have been too much for accurate twitch reactions. I liked left handed mode as-is, but a d-pad instead of face buttons would have been the icing on the cake. That's all.

Atomicated posted:

but gamerz only eat Doritos and drink Code Red Mountain Dew....

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Jarogue posted:

But the keychains

Preordered off Amazon, so $32 with the Prime discount.

...but I want it digitally. I figured when my sister's family gets a Switch I'll give them my copy so I can destroy them all at it (vs doing so in Tetris & Dr. Mario for SNES right now). I don't know if I'll keep the keychains. Maybe I'll give it to them when they show they can beat me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I feel like going physical or digital with Switch really won't matter like it did with WiiU since it's all cartridges this time. I went ahead and ordered a 3rd party carrying case for like, $20, and it comes with two little 4-cartridge cart holders for travel. 8 games + 1 in the switch itself is probably way more than I'll ever need for any amount of travel I do.

Also that Snake Pass game looks like a really interesting concept for a 3D platformer. I'm definitely interested.

• Locked thread