Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

full bentext, my underlining:

"Syrians have an oblong skull. Notice how it's smaller than the average American and there's grooves on the side here..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I gotta write this new Conservative hot take down to embroider on a pillow: "People...who like one thing...might NOT like...a totally different thing". Christ why has it taken so long to come to such a mind blowing idea? "But you liked when I pushed you on a swing, how can you NOT like it when I push you over a cliff????"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is IQ averaging done by country or by planetary population?

I wanna know if Garrison is such a dense motherfucker that he failed literally by definition, or just cause he can't figure out the problem with judging Syrian people's intelligence with a test designed for Americans, based on American culture.

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm still salty about his "mooooooooral highground" bullshit cartoon but still: the white male isn't the one the StormTrumpers are going to go right for with smiles on their faces given the targets of opportunity clearly presented.

If he's the only one who is trying to go by the rules and therefore say what Trump can or cannot do, then yes they are.

This isn't like a rodeo bull thing, where white people trying to stopped Trump could use Muslims and black people to distract him. You do get that, right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
IHS is brilliant :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Time to nationalize Starbucks so government can use it to provide employment to all vets. Imagine spending ten years touring in Middle East and being awarded with a peachy waitering job, gently caress yes! :coffee::patriot:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Lisa Benson is objectively worse than Garrison.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

If he's the only one who is trying to go by the rules and therefore say what Trump can or cannot do, then yes they are.

This isn't like a rodeo bull thing, where white people trying to stopped Trump could use Muslims and black people to distract him. You do get that, right?

White people aren't going to bear the harshest treatment under Trump relative to minorities. I KNOW it's not what he's going because of who he is for he's using the same imagery as KKlurf and the "B-b-but MEN!" in response to women being attacked. It's bad optics and makes it a questionable cartoon.

Also yes, you absolutely could use a minority to distract from white people when dealing with Trump supporters, much like they use a nebulous "homeless vets" concept to distract from refugees while not actually caring about real homeless vets.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

Is IQ averaging done by country or by planetary population?

Intelligence testing is basically pseudoscience, and tests can only compare people within a community. Forget worldwide, you can't meaningfully compare people's intelligence from different cities. This is something the Bush educational reforms got right--a school's performance is based on improvement, comparing a school to itself, not to other schools.

The only real comparison you can make between intelligence levels in different countries is literacy rates, and even that's awful. Languages are very divergent, and countries define literacy in their country differently.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Shugojin posted:

not even calling it Decappuccino

loving shameful

loving shitass "political cartoonist" can't even make a pun when it's staring him in the face

tbf, that would probably be too subtle for his core audience.

*Folds anyway*

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

White people aren't going to bear the harshest treatment under Trump relative to minorities. I KNOW it's not what he's going because of who he is for he's using the same imagery as KKlurf and the "B-b-but MEN!" in response to women being attacked. It's bad optics and makes it a questionable cartoon.

Also yes, you absolutely could use a minority to distract from white people when dealing with Trump supporters, much like they use a nebulous "homeless vets" concept to distract from refugees while not actually caring about real homeless vets.

just pretend the white guy is gay or trans if it'll stop your moronic nitpicking

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This owns.

quote:

This is just divorced from reality. Would be accurate if the elephant were gleefully running with Trump.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

just pretend the white guy is gay or trans if it'll stop your moronic nitpicking
I'm talking about a political cartoon in the political cartoon thread'????? Since when is a forum the place for opinions or discussion??? Call the thread police!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm talking about a political cartoon in the political cartoon thread'????? Since when is a forum the place for opinions or discussion??? Call the thread police!!!

It was a huge stretch of a complaint against a good cartoonist, and people disagreeing with you on it also counts as discussion

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

It was a huge stretch of a complaint against a good cartoonist, and people disagreeing with you on it also counts as discussion

Calling me "moronic" for pointing out that "one of the good ones" has a imagery problem with his cartoon is just rife with conversational possibilities and responses. But I guess dissent only emboldens our enemies so I shouldn't point out optic problem and just nod in agreement with every comic that hints at being on the Left even if you have to know who the comic is by to grasp their real meaning.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

Calling me "moronic" for pointing out that "one of the good ones" has a imagery problem with his cartoon is just rife with conversational possibilities and responses. But I guess dissent only emboldens our enemies so I shouldn't point out optic problem and just nod in agreement with every comic that hints at being on the Left even if you have to know who the comic is by to grasp their real meaning.

again, just assume the white guy is some kind of non-racial minority and your myopic 'optic problem' goes away

you're dumb as hell if you think the deep meaning of 'oh god the trump presidency is gonna suck' is obfuscated by including a white person

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

again, just assume the white guy is some kind of non-racial minority and your myopic 'optic problem' goes away

you're dumb as hell if you think the deep meaning of 'oh god the trump presidency is gonna suck' is obfuscated by including a white person

Yup. "Dumb as hell" to dissect the visual cues in a visual medium in a thread to discuss the visual medium of political cartoons. Next I'll want to talk about the SOUND of a band in the MUSIC thread! ANARCHY!!

Your only point is "Don't talk bad about the good ones because they agree with us". Ok. Good point. I'm sorry I emboldened our enemies. Boy that pro-Trump cartoon sure had troubling visuals amIrite????

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lubchansky could barely be bothered to oppose Trump when there was actually a chance of stopping him, so I'm fine with him getting poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yup. "Dumb as hell" to dissect the visual cues in a visual medium in a thread to discuss the visual medium of political cartoons. Next I'll want to talk about the SOUND of a band in the MUSIC thread! ANARCHY!!

Your only point is "Don't talk bad about the good ones because they agree with us". Ok. Good point. I'm sorry I emboldened our enemies. Boy that pro-Trump cartoon sure had troubling visuals amIrite????

Chill your pill, guy, nobody is attacking your freedom of speech by disagreeing with your opinions

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Chill your pill, guy, nobody is attacking your freedom of speech by disagreeing with your opinions
When the only response is "You're stupid for thinking that way against a good cartoonist" without context or reason it is, in essence, "just shut up". Then you pop up to tell me that "u stoopid" is part of the fabric of healthy debate that I should embrace and respond to.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

When the only response is "You're stupid for thinking that way against a good cartoonist" without context or reason it is, in essence, "just shut up". Then you pop up to tell me that "u stoopid" is part of the fabric of healthy debate that I should embrace and respond to.

If it helps, I don't think you're necessarily stupid, I just think you're really reaching for excuses to criticize someone you were already mad at for other reasons, and are now just sort of saying whatever because you're mad that nobody else is going along with it

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Still are relevant as ever:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slackt...eterans-refuge/

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

You are not listening. He is not emblematic of all white people. He is emblematic of white protesters who are trying to hold Trump accountable to the rules. They absolutely WILL be brutalized.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
FISH

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Starbucks/status/826168340632571904

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Reminds me of this classic from Paul Conrad:

(This was from a few years after Watergate, when Nixon started trying to rehabilitate his image.)

Bonus: another Conrad I found while searching for this:

The facial expressions just make it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Alright I admit it it's nice when reality is kind enough to own a ben garrison cartoon so thoroughly

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Except Christians are blocked, too.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak (:australia:):

Leak notes:
CFMEU is the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, and drawing Opposition Leader Bill Shorten as its puppet is a stock Leak character (including the red cap which pre-dates Trump).

Turnbull had a phone call with Trump to secure the deal to resettle the refugees on Manus Island and Nauru and since then has been saying only very chummy things about our relationship with the US, to the point where everyone on the political spectrum has noticed and is wondering what this is going to cost us in return.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Enoch Powell and Brexit – Kenneth Clarke claimed that Enoch Powell, best known for his infamous Rivers of Blood speech, would be surprised to see what had become of the Tories"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Trump picks Neil Gorsuch as nominee for Supreme Court

Mail:
MAC ON...How families will cope with elderly parents moving in as Britain faces up to social care crisis

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

prefect posted:

It's still monstrous and entirely wipes out the advances in science and government that Greece contributed.

What kind of feta cheese are you having because if its anything less than delicious its not goddamn feta cheese.

:colbert:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Complementary dad joke:

E: Going thru his site goddamn this cartoonist has the daddiest of dad humour.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 1, 2017

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

Here's also a few Henries for cartoons since nobody posts this garbage here anymore

These cartoons are so pathetic and so god drat lazy. It really pisses me off that this jerk off just grabs a bunch of clip art and edits his cartoons in Microsoft Word and then has the loving chutzpah to call millenials lazy? Learn how to use photoshop you technologically illiterate hack.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hey Twitter, your logo is being shown literally loving America now. Maybe it's time to do some serious PR work or something?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hey Twitter, your logo is being shown literally loving America now. Maybe it's time to do some serious PR work or something?

ban him

BAN HIM

DO IT TWITTER I RELISH THE BLOOD

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

I confess, this one went over my head

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

An acceptable, even humorous Gorrell...? What reality did I slip into?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Skippy Granola posted:

I confess, this one went over my head

Mitch is a hypocritical gently caress over SC appointments and it's extremely bullshit. There's not a ton going on in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Oh, I thought it might be a movie reference.

Instead it's just dull and obvious

• Locked thread