Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
Legends is definitely the most fun of the DCW by a mile this season but I gotta admit like most others here, all the shows are doing so much better. Flash was awesome and Legends stole the night. Reverse Flash. whether Lescher or Cavanaugh, is probably my favorite part of DCW. RF is that perfect blend of smart, menacing, arrogant, and hilarious across all his appearances. They really know how to handle that character. Not to say that Barrowman and McDonough are any slouches, villians rule this show in the best way.

I loved how they both made fun of Malcolm always professing he use to be Ras Al Ghul. I was hoping they would make it go full circle and have Malcolm actually say it after he and Darhk twisted RF into upgrading them to partner status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Black Flash is totally our dead Jay son right? No doubt whatsoever?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Stunt Rock posted:

Black Flash is totally our dead Jay son right? No doubt whatsoever?

Yeah.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bart... just calling it now. Future fuckery

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad that the Legion of Doom are now besties.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ApeHawk posted:

I'm so glad that the Legion of Doom are now besties.

I eagerly look forward to Snart and Evil Laurel joining their ranks.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly everyone talks about how they want Black Siren redeemed and brought to the Arrow team, but she would be far better treated on LOT. Mainly because Guggenheim won't be able to shaft her in favor of Felicity.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FELD1 posted:

I just wanted to pop in and say that this thread's title being incorrect is incredibly fitting for this show, and we should never change it. I've grown accustomed to thinking of the show as Legends to Tomorrow.

It's a time aberration. The show will fix it by the end of the third season.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bruceski posted:

It's a time aberration. The show will fix it by the end of the third season.

Speaking of which, now that this show is completely amazing it should probably get a new thread for season 3

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So, they're having trouble with a time traveling speedster.

So they go back to 2017 Central City.

And don't talk to the Flash, a time traveling speedster they know.

Can we get theyreidiots.gif?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

So, they're having trouble with a time traveling speedster.

So they go back to 2017 Central City.

And don't talk to the Flash, a time traveling speedster they know.

Can we get theyreidiots.gif?

History has shown that Barry Allen is not someone you would want to consult as an expert on anything.

Plus they're all probably keeping that "Don't trust 2017 Me, I'm a HUGE gently caress up" message from Future Barry in mind.

Yeah, they're idiots, but in this case I'd say they're being smart :v:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, but it's literally his wheelhouse.

Also, I'm laying 10-1 that the face-stealer or something similar will be used by someone to impersonate Barry, and that's what he's talking about.

Or an evil time remnant?

Or the writers haven't decided what that message actually meant.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I assume they talked to Team Flash off-screen since they had pictures of all the known speedsters.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Last season I was actually rooting for Vandal Savage to totally trash the Legends because they're such obvious fuckups. This season I'm rooting for the Legion of Chewing Scenery because they're more charismatic than the 'idiots' trying to stop them.

This show never stops with the surprises, both in the show itself and the reaction it gets from me, I'm sure many others here feel the same. They're adapting only the best plot elements of the comics (and coming up with totally original stuff like lesbian time trollop) but making them come to life in totally natural and entertaining ways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If there's a God we'll get a LoD spinoff next year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gonz posted:

Eobard gettin' hunted by undead speedforce Langolier.

Just wanna say I thought the same thing. :D

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

Last season I was actually rooting for Vandal Savage to totally trash the Legends because they're such obvious fuckups. This season I'm rooting for the Legion of Chewing Scenery because they're more charismatic than the 'idiots' trying to stop them.

This show never stops with the surprises, both in the show itself and the reaction it gets from me, I'm sure many others here feel the same. They're adapting only the best plot elements of the comics (and coming up with totally original stuff like lesbian time trollop) but making them come to life in totally natural and entertaining ways.

They really seem to have learned lessons from that messy first season. There's going to be some interesting retrospectives written about what went with that thing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Do we actually have any proof that the black flash is Jay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

Uh, the finale of Flash season 2?

Edit: Oh wait, you were possibly making with the funny.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Lord Bude posted:

Do you ever see him with a female speedster?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I do kinda wish that the Black Flash scenes didn't have an obviously CG Black Flash as he stalks around the room. Presumably they had someone in a green suit and CG'd over him as it would be cheaper, but it did sort of stand out as it was sniffing around right in front of Thawne.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
My only worry for this show is I don't know how they could top the Legion of Doom next season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They need to add Constantine to the crew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dracorion posted:

My only worry for this show is I don't know how they could top the Legion of Doom next season.

Sgt. Rock.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Plastic Man.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Barry Allen

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dracorion posted:

Just bring them back next season, only with a more expanded membership.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Just bring them back next season, only with a more expanded membership.

They should bring back Count Vertigo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mark Hamill reportedly had the time of his life reprising the Prankster role, I;m sure he'd be up for a team up.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Mark Hamill reportedly had the time of his life reprising the Prankster role, I;m sure he'd be up for a team up.
He's too busy shooting some dumb movie about war in space, like anyone cares about THAT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

He's too busy shooting some dumb movie about war in space, like anyone cares about THAT.

Shooting is wrapped on Ep.8. He'll have time!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Obviously we need more former Prison Break or Spartacus cast members.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dracorion posted:

HAUNTED. TANK.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

HAUNTED. TANK.

Goes hand in hand with Frank Rock.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

After the Star Wars episode, I really want to see Ray and Nate's reactions when they encounter the Trickster. :allears:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"How will LoT trump this season?" How about literally this scene

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

"How will LoT trump this season?" How about literally this scene

Make it a whole season. I have some of those comics, it's a very nice civil war general ghost that rides around on a horse and helps his tank buddies out from time to time with familial advice and stuff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Make it a whole season. I have some of those comics, it's a very nice civil war general ghost that rides around on a horse and helps his tank buddies out from time to time with familial advice and stuff.

They made a new Haunted Tank series a few years back where the ghost of the Confederate general discovered that he had a black descendant.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They should bring Manu Bennett on board.

Also - does this version of Damien Darhk not have his magic powers yet? I haven't seen him do any of his tricks on LoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

The Lord Bude posted:

They should bring Manu Bennett on board.

Also - does this version of Damien Darhk not have his magic powers yet? I haven't seen him do any of his tricks on LoT.

Earlier in the season, I think with the mobsters, he looked to Thawne and asked "so should I take care of them or you?" while seemingly unarmed. Seemed to imply he has at least some of them.

• Locked thread