Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

FireMrshlBill posted:

But mad props to Nintendo for owning up to the real reason for a portable device.

Do Americans really have sinks that close to where they poop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FPzero posted:

I feel like going physical or digital with Switch really won't matter like it did with WiiU since it's all cartridges this time. I went ahead and ordered a 3rd party carrying case for like, $20, and it comes with two little 4-cartridge cart holders for travel. 8 games + 1 in the switch itself is probably way more than I'll ever need for any amount of travel I do.

Also that Snake Pass game looks like a really interesting concept for a 3D platformer. I'm definitely interested.

Digital or no was also an actual consideration on the 3DS. Carrying around and swapping cartridges is more hassle than digital, and you can always lose or forget to bring your carts.

Anidav posted:

Didn't that segment first show up in a German commercial?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Phone posting woo

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Anidav posted:

Sometimes yeah, but also that's a bidet, which we basically never have.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Isn't that a bidet?

Edit: I lose

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

PerrineClostermann posted:

Digital or no was also an actual consideration on the 3DS. Carrying around and swapping cartridges is more hassle than digital, and you can always lose or forget to bring your carts.

Didn't that segment first show up in a German commercial?

Yeah, and I found myself buying digitally more on 3DS. Personally I think it was easier and safer to carry around the 3DS without a case or anything because of its clamshell design but with the Switch having nothing like that I wouldn't want my screen to get damaged in transit. That's why the carrying case was appealing and since it has an easy way to carry the carts built in, I may as well look into physical more this generation. If nothing else, I can always do both.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lodin posted:

Sumo just annouced that this thing is Switch-bound. Looks interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Not enough hot tongue action in this Snake Rattle N Roll remake

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Anidav posted:

1. That's a bidet
2. That's from a German commercial.

Americans typically don't have bidets. That's more a European thing. Even if someone does, it's usually something you add on to your regular toilet.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

FPzero posted:

Yeah, and I found myself buying digitally more on 3DS. Personally I think it was easier and safer to carry around the 3DS without a case or anything because of its clamshell design but with the Switch having nothing like that I wouldn't want my screen to get damaged in transit. That's why the carrying case was appealing and since it has an easy way to carry the carts built in, I may as well look into physical more this generation. If nothing else, I can always do both.

I don't think the Zelda Switch Case that comes with SE+ of BotW has spots for games, and Imma use the hell out of that. I do use a 24 game case for my 3DS games that I keep in my bag that's always with me though. If there's an account based system finally I'm hoping to buy more digital games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

we should have bidets though. bidets should be standard in american homes

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what the gently caress is a bidet

is it like what happend to the dpad on the switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Nintendo terms, it's like Super Mario Sunshine for your rear end

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Maybe we'll get a bidet with the virtual outhouse feature.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

My favorite part of that commercial is that we're supposed to want to be the people playing video games in a lecture hall or cafe with the volume cranked up.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Anidav posted:

Just in case you need some local 2-player.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

Agreed. I have this one and when people find out I spent $400 on a toilet seat they're like "what, does it wipe your rear end for you?" and I'm like "Yes. Yes it does."

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I was kind of baffled that Capcom announced an update to Generations, that comes out roughly around the same time as the Switch, then went out of their way to tell us no no it's not coming to Switch we ain't got poo poo to talk about Switch right now. I was so sure they were just waiting for the Switch presentation to go SURPRISE SUCKERS GENERATIONS X ON SWITCH but no, no Monster Hunter.

feels bad.

switch is probably more expensive to dev for and capcom wants to get a little extra leverage out of current assets before tackling increased costs of monhun

RME
Feb 20, 2012

like i doubt switch dev costs are high, but theyre probably higher than the 3DS and capcom still needs the cash flow from monhun

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RZA Encryption posted:

Agreed. I have this one and when people find out I spent $400 on a toilet seat they're like "what, does it wipe your rear end for you?" and I'm like "Yes. Yes it does."

I refuse to believe there's justification for this costing more than 150 dollars.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I refuse to believe there's justification for this costing more than 150 dollars.

Heated toilet seat. Built in air filter (smell reduction). Dryer via heated air.

It's worth more than I paid.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It wipes your drat rear end for you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lodin posted:

Sumo just annouced that this thing is Switch-bound. Looks interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Looks really interesting. Doubt I would get this for the switch, though. Looking at the graphics, it looks like it won't look nearly as good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Super No Vacancy posted:

I have one. It's awesome. Kinda hard to spend time in Japan and not want one.

RZA Encryption posted:

We have the same one. Except we only paid $230. I've actually never seen the price that high on Amazon. Usually it's in the $300 range.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
PPT is May? Ehhhh I'll just pick up an import copy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have one. It's awesome. Kinda hard to spend time in Japan and not want one.

We have the same one. Except we only paid $230. I've actually never seen the price that high on Amazon. Usually it's in the $300 range.

Where the hell are you running the power cord to? I only one plug in my bathroom and I'll be damned if I want to run the cord from the toilet up to the sink.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RZA Encryption posted:

Heated toilet seat. Built in air filter (smell reduction). Dryer via heated air.

It's worth more than I paid.

Oh wow you guys do this with everything you buy

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Where the hell are you running the power cord to? I only one plug in my bathroom and I'll be damned if I want to run the cord from the toilet up to the sink.

Our sink cabinet has legs, so we run it along the baseboard. If we weren't in an apartment I'd have an electrician install a new outlet closer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

There are two systems (that are cheaper than the Switch will be AND will have a better library for at least a year and a half) where you can already play Shovel Knight on the go.
Oh boy I can't way to play Android games!

..said no one ever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

..said no one ever.

Exactly.

RZA Encryption posted:

Our sink cabinet has legs, so we run it along the baseboard. If we weren't in an apartment I'd have an electrician install a new outlet closer.

Ah ok that makes sense. Yeah maybe if I wasn't in an apt I'd wire something in but not where I live now. for sure.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

LethalGeek posted:

..said no one ever.

3DS and Vita dont run Android.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

minusX posted:

I don't think the Zelda Switch Case that comes with SE+ of BotW has spots for games

it totally does

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Miyamoto's Project Giant Robot is dead with the closure of the Wii U. A life that ended too soon.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

oh hell yeah, Jackbox Party Pack 3 announced for Switch

being able to take that anywhere is basically a killer app

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh poo poo, what if the Switch could be a little hotspot. You connect your phone to it and it serves you the jackbox page.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

deadwing posted:

:stwoon:

TEE KO is my jam

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/826897996260442116

Spellman
May 31, 2011

deadwing posted:

1 2 Switch is now obsolete

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spellman posted:

1 2 Switch is now obsolete

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Think about your life for a moment.
How did it come to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hell yes Quiplash on Switch, now there's your party fun game.

• Locked thread