Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Senate switchboard is going to explode.

https://twitter.com/Mirandacgreen/status/826883841738625027

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Or office in general. I couldn't get through on any 7 of Pat Toomey's locations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Steezo posted:

I thought those and RINOs were on the endangered list?

Also the Bush daughters on the recent travel ban , "Not the America I know"...

And Patreus making sense on not wanting to give ammunition to the extremists. Breaking the law for pussy aside, I hope they listen to him on this one.

I think Patreaus was a brilliant military leader. I know telling his mistress classified things undercuts his credibility, but he's still brilliant and deserves to be heard.

Also I think the republicans and democrats have so skewed what it means to be a republican or democrat that RINO and DINO are almost irrelevant terms these days.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/yalepress/status/826893472640663552

:vince:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

DAS Super! posted:

The left can't even lie competently.

DAS Super! posted:

So can tillerson still vote for DeVos now that hes sec. of state?

:discourse: 8.5/10

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Or office in general. I couldn't get through on any 7 of Pat Toomey's locations.

thats because he's busy calling everyone else to try and get out of a position of having to make a choice

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Two Finger posted:

your odds of banging hot iranian chicks go down if you're bombing them

no war 2017

GO1B is bullshit.

For content:
Is this kind of press release from the WH as ridiculous as it seems. It's like a goddamned movie poster.

quote:

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release February 01, 2017
Editorial Boards Across The Country Praise Judge Gorsuch

“A Leading Light” … “A High-Caliber Mind” … “An Impeccable Résumé” … “Deserves Confirmation” … “A Brilliant Legal Mind”

The Wall Street Journal: “A Leading Light On The Tenth Circuit Court Of Appeals… As Qualified As He Is, Judge Gorsuch Ought To Be Confirmed At Least As Easily As President Obama’s Appointees…” “Judge Gorsuch is a leading light on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, where he was appointed in 2006 by George W. Bush. … As qualified as he is, Judge Gorsuch ought to be confirmed at least as easily as President Obama’s appointees Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor.” (Editorial, “Trump’s Good Justice,” The Wall Street Journal, 1/31/17)

The Wall Street Journal Editorial Headline: “Trump’s Good Justice” (The Wall Street Journal, 1/31/17)
New York Daily News: “No One Has Ever Questioned Gorsuch’s Intellect Or Qualifications. … A High-Caliber Mind… His Journey From Judge Gorsuch To Justice Gorsuch Is Easy To Envision…”

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Godholio posted:

GO1B is bullshit.

For content:
Is this kind of press release from the WH as ridiculous as it seems. It's like a goddamned movie poster.

It's in the same vein as any press material going through the White House.

On Sunday, there was a "Morning Press Highlights" that was entirely choice quotes from Trump surrogates on the talk show circuit.

Trump is being kept in a bubble and only fed good things about him.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3e7c_story.html

loving :laffo: what a brazen piece of poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He's not wrong.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
So back in the day, fratboy Gorsuch founded his college's satire newspaper, now home to headline gems such as:

quote:

"If Jews Aren't People, Then Who's Doing My Taxes?"

quote:

I'm Concerned That My Fish Isn't a Feminist

That said, the newspaper probably wasn't satire back then, although it's a great legacy

His yearbook quote however:

quote:

“The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer.”
– Henry Kissinger, August 29, 1967

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suicide Watch posted:

So back in the day, fratboy Gorsuch founded his college's satire newspaper, now home to headline gems such as:

That said, the newspaper probably wasn't satire back then, although it's a great legacy

His yearbook quote however:

:lol: Taxes one is good.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If there is a hill to die on its Devos because education is the one thing you can't unfuck. You can fix it but there will still be a generation raised that think the universe is 8000 years old.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Doesn't matter. Heller (R-NV) and Toomey (R-PA) are voting for her.

If anything, it goes to a 50-50 split and Pence casts the tiebreaker.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Reverand maynard posted:

If there is a hill to die on its Devos because education is the one thing you can't unfuck. You can fix it but there will still be a generation raised that think the universe is 8000 years old.

Excuse me, its 5000.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I thought Year 1 started a week and a half ago.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Excuse me, its 5000.

6020, heretic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vengarr posted:

I thought Year 1 started a week and a half ago.

That's 1AT.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Uh what the gently caress. Sean Spicer just named the wife of the seal who was killed in the raid on national loving television :cripes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Meanwhile, CENTCOM is re-confirming that they have no loving clue what Flynn is doing.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/826912802052911120

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Meanwhile, CENTCOM is re-confirming that they have no loving clue what Flynn is doing.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/826912802052911120

Can't wait til the US becomes one of the countries that makes regular bold or outrageous proclamations from the politicians while the military just kinda sits idly by like "they say things sometimes I dunno."

In before red line joke.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/h-1b-visa-bill-introduced-in-us-minimum-pay-more-than-doubled/ar-AAmrdMz

Washington: A legislation has been introduced in the US House of Representatives which among other things calls for more than doubling the minimum salary of H-1B visa holders to $130,000, making it difficult for firms to use the programme to replace American employees with foreign workers, including from India.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bolow posted:

Uh what the gently caress. Sean Spicer just named the wife of the seal who was killed in the raid on national loving television :cripes:

I thought he was named a few days ago. Saw some post from the SF Giants about how sad it was.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/h-1b-visa-bill-introduced-in-us-minimum-pay-more-than-doubled/ar-AAmrdMz

Washington: A legislation has been introduced in the US House of Representatives which among other things calls for more than doubling the minimum salary of H-1B visa holders to $130,000, making it difficult for firms to use the programme to replace American employees with foreign workers, including from India.

Amazon and Microsoft would poo poo a brick if this went through. I bet the bay area would take a hit as well.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

hey there blue states

nice tech industry you got there...

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/DandiaAsad/status/826852935225208833

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone please bring Zeris and Deathy a hot meal tomorrow. :ohdear:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

They sure showed all those Republicans in NYC

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

This would be a great thing but lol it won't pass

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Woof Blitzer posted:

Well I don't think there are many Yemeni business people in the mid west

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Amazon and Microsoft would poo poo a brick if this went through. I bet the bay area would take a hit as well.

Amazon and Microsoft pay their H1Bs well - 3rd party firms though are hosed. (And good riddance)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This would be a great thing but lol it won't pass

Why would this be great?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Why would this be great?

doesnt drive down salaries

edit: look at the trucking industry now, its hard to make a living off it now cause of all the immigrants who will work for peanuts and will take any poo poo you throw at them

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well I don't think there are many Yemeni business people in the mid west

Don't remind me.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Woof Blitzer posted:

Plus all those rich people who buy from individually owned grocery stores.

God knows time shifting groceries one day is an intolerable burden, too. Reminds me of an absurd "don't buy gas on this designated day" protest circa 2001. I couldn't make any of my coworkers understand why it would have zero effect on oil company revenues or profits even if the entire nation participated.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Why would this be great?

companies(particularly tech) have been abusing the poo poo out of this for years only no one will call them on it because JOB CREATORS

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

There has been word of organizing a general strike on may day as well, maybe pass it on and give it some momentum

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Plus all those rich people who buy from individually owned grocery stores.

God knows time shifting groceries one day is an intolerable burden, too. Reminds me of an absurd "don't buy gas on this designated day" protest circa 2001. I couldn't make any of my coworkers understand why it would have zero effect on oil company revenues or profits even if the entire nation participated.

That gas protest was amazing. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more like that. Though the Starbucks boycott is in the same spirit of stupidity

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

A reminder to all that loathe the commonwealth of Pennsylvania that Toomey kept his job because of two things:

1) The democratic nominee was basically just a clone of HRC and could not have been more unlikeable. I personally voted for HRC and Mcginty, but those that voted for Trump out of shear disdain were going to do the same in the Senate Race.
2) The R focus on the race drove spending from both parties to be the most egregious senatorial race spending in history

Regardless of what he says publicly, Toomey is a loving spineless shill and will do whatever the RNC tells him to do. Do not trust him to cross party lines until the RNC declares open season on the orange hobgoblin. He's basically Santorum 2.0 (which is funny, because Santorum didn't endorse him when he was running for the seat the first time).

hindsight e: I mean holy poo poo, you couldn't turn on a TV for 4 months because of those two assholes. It was every commercial break.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SquirrelyPSU posted:

hindsight e: I mean holy poo poo, you couldn't turn on a TV for 4 months because of those two assholes. It was every commercial break.
I swear, every single ad break on the major local radio stations featured a Toomey ad. These were usually but not always followed up with a McGinty ad.

• Locked thread