Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EAT
SLEEP
RUMOR
REPEAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

I was only half-listening but did Dave think they were talking about Observer subscriptions rather than Network subscriptions?

He seemed to think the question was asking if people would cancel the network because of Trump killing the economy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like the word boycott needed to be in there to make the point clearer, honestly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

EAT
SLEEP
RUMOR
REPEAT

Not bad but I feel

EAT
SLEEP
Y'KNOW
REPEAT

would work better.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't actually listen to WOR or anything, so I don't actually know his verbal tics, but yeah

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love when Dave complains about the WWE promo style where one person talks and talks and talks and the other person just stands there and lets them "because that never happens in real life"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would probably buy a shirt that just said BIG GOLD BOAT on it

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not bad but I feel

EAT
SLEEP
Y'KNOW
REPEAT

would work better.

EAT
SLEEP
SO SO SO SO
REPEAT

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mob posted:

I would probably buy a shirt that just said BIG GOLD BOAT on it

The big gold boat beached next to a small house

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's please not encourage them to make every design a "parody" of a logo or wrestling shirt like 99% of the shirts on PWTs.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Listening to the KO/Jericho podcast that was recorded during Survivor Series weekend and KO said he wanted to do a tower of doom with a bunch of chairs. He finally did that tower of doom spot on Sunday. This is a fun podcast to listen to.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

keevo posted:

This is a fun podcast to listen to.

Slightly tragic though, as we discover that El Generico died :rip:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope Dave gives Cena/AJ *****1/2

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope Dave gives Cena/AJ *****1/2

Would be great. I'm expecting ****3/4 though.

St Evan Echoes posted:

I love when Dave complains about the WWE promo style where one person talks and talks and talks and the other person just stands there and lets them "because that never happens in real life"

Ugh I actually way prefer that over guys constantly speaking over each other, it's really bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not bad but I feel

EAT
SLEEP
Y'KNOW
REPEAT

would work better.

DON MURACO
DON MURACO
DON MURACO

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Nobody interrupts the San Jose steamroller.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
If someone is calling you a piece of poo poo, you are totally going to let them finish cutting their promo on you while you stand there looking like a moron. This is just good booking 101.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jackofarcades posted:

Ugh I actually way prefer that over guys constantly speaking over each other, it's really bad.

Not interrupting is a great speaking style for many things, but when you hate the other person and they're talking about how awesome they are and how much you suck, it's stupid.

The imminent threat of violence should exist, rather than calm speaking until all parties agree to fisticuffs.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jackofarcades posted:

And that's what he gave it.

Owens match got ****1/2

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Did the Observer awards come out yet? Did I miss it somehow or is it just not out yet?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

Did the Observer awards come out yet? Did I miss it somehow or is it just not out yet?
"Next slow news week" aka Never

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

algebra testes posted:

And that's what he gave it.

Owens match got ****1/2

I wonder if there was a good and clean finish if Owens/Reigns would've been 5.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Just wanted to give a heads up to those who, like me, probably stopped checking the site after they ended the regularly scheduled programming, that The Attitude Era Podcast has Money in the Bank 2011, Survivor Series 2011, and Wrestlemania 29 up now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Let's please not encourage them to make every design a "parody" of a logo or wrestling shirt like 99% of the shirts on PWTs.

otoh we should encourage them to make this one official:

https://twitter.com/VRTLPROS/status/824310440201068544/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

remusclaw posted:

Just wanted to give a heads up to those who, like me, probably stopped checking the site after they ended the regularly scheduled programming, that The Attitude Era Podcast has Money in the Bank 2011, Survivor Series 2011, and Wrestlemania 29 up now.

Yeah, add the podcast back to your feed. They're doing an OSW and continuing past the original remit. The angle here is the attempt to recapture the Attitude Era using the Rock's return. It's some quality stuff!

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The little comments about maybe Jinder got huge just from working out during the ad breaks in Raw was absolutely fantastic today. I was cracking up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I'd absolutely wear this.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan & Vinny are going to review every WWE ppv in order.

They HAAAAATE Wrestlemania 1

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jackofarcades posted:

I wonder if there was a good and clean finish if Owens/Reigns would've been 5.

no way to know, both shark cage matches in recent memory had some form of interference, gotta have more shark cage matches to really know.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

dsriggs posted:

WrestleMania IV in 5 weeks!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

TWO tapes!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dsriggs posted:

Over a year (from Dec 2006-Dec 2007) I watched Wrestlemania 1-20 and looking at the reviews now,well, my rating scale no longer makes sense to me, but Wrestlemania 1 seems fairly positive compared to 2, 3 and 4 so they're really in for a haul.

Also the forum meme at the time was "Jake 'The Sanem' Roberts" and I stuck to it in all my reviews even though I just wrote them for myself.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I have never regretted not donating $300 to whale scout more in my life.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Karmine posted:

I have never regretted not donating $300 to whale scout more in my life.

Ask him. He might let you be on the show if you do

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

dsriggs posted:

What is this replacing?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Muddy Burphy posted:

What is this replacing?

LU which is on hiatus for a couple months.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
From yesterday's daily update

quote:

Today is Teddy Hart's 37th birthday. Teddy is the poster boy for wasted potential.

:toot:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
B&V reviewing old poo poo is a good niche for them, I always skipped their Raw reviews anyway.

The golden age was them burying TNA anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why does everyone always skip the WCW PPVs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

habits formed around 99-01 die hard i guess

• Locked thread