Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
A friend recommended "Narcos" to me for my tv-show to-do list, but I feel more like SciFi after finishing The Wire, so if this is streaming somewhere, I might binge whatever is available of The Expanse thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Dildos, yes, but a bong in the barracks will cause near daily whiz quizzes until the culprit tests positive for something.

You might be thinking hookahs. Hookah: the middle eastern way to pass around the flu.

I'm used to being in the Air Force, where everyone other than the lowest two ranks live off base.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A friend recommended "Narcos" to me for my tv-show to-do list, but I feel more like SciFi after finishing The Wire, so if this is streaming somewhere, I might binge whatever is available of The Expanse thus far.

Having seen none of The Expanse my recommendation is to go watch Narcos

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Narcos is good. Black Mirror is also worth watching too if you're wanting something more SciFi.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea Black Mirror is good but a little inconsistent. There's one or two episodes I could have skipped.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I watched Children of Men because a podcast I listen to was talking about it. It's pretty depressing :smith:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I watched Children of Men because a podcast I listen to was talking about it. It's pretty depressing :smith:

The world is (really) depressing, but the story itself isn't.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Is arrival worth buying on amazon streaming for $15

It's not like I watch movies over and over again. If it was a rental I wouldn't even care.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I enjoyed the movie but I don't think it has a ton of rewatch value personally.

Definitely see it when it comes to Redbox.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I think it was better the second time, you pick up on a lot of things you might have missed the first time

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah it's quite a slow movie you'd be bored to death by the 3rd go around. Definitely worth two views though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

I'm used to being in the Air Force, where everyone other than the lowest two ranks live off base.

Army had no problem keeping single E5s in the barracks ten years ago. If they had a room open, your rear end would fill it until married, make E6, or ETS.

I assume it's still the same.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yep, we had a couple single e-5s in the barracks. Also we had an e-4 in a contract marriage with a friend from home that lived off base and split the cash with her. Like she may as well not have existed. Almost everyone thought he was single. Don't know how he kept it going the whole time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
How did he manage that poo poo? Shuffle his paperwork while distracting the file clerk with a yoyo?

Oh wait. Supply. Supply owns the keys to the barracks. That's where his beer mole lives, in battalion supply somewhere.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I enjoyed the movie but I don't think it has a ton of rewatch value personally.

Definitely see it when it comes to Redbox.

I've seen Arrival three times and have a pre-order in for the blu-ray.

It's loving awesome. And I absolutely disagree it's a slow movie. Every scene serves a purposes. There's a development every several minutes. Arrival is only slow if people talking = boring.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 2, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

How did he manage that poo poo? Shuffle his paperwork while distracting the file clerk with a yoyo?

Oh wait. Supply. Supply owns the keys to the barracks. That's where his beer mole lives, in battalion supply somewhere.

Would the army send people around to watch married couples gently caress? Stuff like that seemed really typical in the navy

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

TBeats posted:

I just can't justify spending that much on some ear buds.

What makes them worth $159 that I shouldn't just spent a few more dollars for some wireless over ear headphones?

The iPhone is my only Apple product if that makes any difference.

Nothing objectively. If you want to pay more for the Apple "it just works" quality, they're great. But if it's purely about functionality in terms of bang for buck, there are definitely better buys. That said, the side benefits are quite nice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I doubt it, but when you in-process to a unit you either sign for a barracks room, or sign for a few days to go play apartment hunter if you didn't prior and get your bah/bas lined up.

I get why someone would do it, but they usually made sure people drawing bah weren't living in the barracks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just watched Jason Momoa's netflix show Frontier. Sucks that it's a 6-episode first season, but it's good enough it should get more. The writers are a little clumsy once in a while but on the whole it's pretty solid...IMDB suggests this is their first real writing gig beyond shorts. I think they're going to get better quickly and make big names for themselves. I like the change of scenery to a show that's set in a legitimate realistic historical setting. That doesn't seem to happen very often.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/827012237751644161

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

No one in front of him except the idiot riding his hood. I'd do exactly the same thing if I were surrounded by a screaming mob hitting my car.

e: Then again, I doubt I'd drive anywhere near a screaming mob in the first place.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, I'm not feeling much pity for that rear end in a top hat on the hood. Hopefully he didn't get killed, but beyond that, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao, jump on my hood I'm gonna do my damnedest to get the gently caress out of there,and if I happen to run you over, sorry but you shouldn't jump on top of a car fuckhead.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What are the legal implications with all these cars running over protestors and poo poo. I mean aside from the one where the dude turned around and nailed that one guy going fast

If you are blocked and feel threatened isn't it technically legal?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'd rather not become the next Reginald Denny.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What are the legal implications with all these cars running over protestors and poo poo. I mean aside from the one where the dude turned around and nailed that one guy going fast

depends on the state and the credibility of the threat you're facing. a while back there was a tape where some dude in a land rover hit some dude on a bike that was part of a ride and got chased down by like 20+ bikers. he ended up flooring it and hitting another bike or two but IIRC had the charges dropped because bikers were trying to smash his poo poo in and he had his family with him. I dunno how rioters/protesters rate compared to that. Also it was in NYC

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Kawasaki Nun posted:

depends on the state and the credibility of the threat you're facing. a while back there was a tape where some dude in a land rover hit some dude on a bike that was part of a ride and got chased down by like 20+ bikers. he ended up flooring it and hitting another bike or two but IIRC had the charges dropped because bikers were trying to smash his poo poo in and he had his family with him. I dunno how rioters/protesters rate compared to that. Also it was in NYC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Stuntz_gang_assault#Legal_action

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 2, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Dumb kids. You don't stand in front of cars on the road. The road is where cars go!

Also if I'm surrounded by a mob if idiot, shrieking college kids I'm going to floor it. Refer to rule #1 re: your safety.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

lite_sleepr posted:

Dumb kids. You don't stand in front of cars on the road. The road is where cars go!

Also if I'm surrounded by a mob if idiot, shrieking college kids I'm going to floor it. Refer to rule #1 re: your safety.

Other states could have ended up with a CCW in the car, like I would have shot my way out/floored it if I was the driver.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm the masturbatory violence fantasies.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hey space nerds.

The expanse season 2 has started.

It is pretty good hard sci fi. The space battles have been pretty good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oh come on, this is about thinking about how one would react in a situation under duress while in a legit riot crowd. Rational thought goes out the window and is replaced by the self-sustaining drive to get the gently caress outta there.

I hope they're fine, but unless the driver was intentionally trying to somehow slowly plow his way through the crowd when it had already assembled, they're a bunch of idiots.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

they're a bunch of idiots.
This is the bottom line.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Didn't you just make an assassination joke a few hours ago?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Excuse me while I take the moral high ground

https://youtu.be/PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Didn't you just make an assassination joke a few hours ago?

I can be the masturbatory violence fantasies in both.

Edit: also that is some serious projection on your part

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 2, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I only masturbate with the blood of my enemies.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Not surprising considering you get off when people with bad ideas get punched in the mouth :D

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Naked Bear posted:

I only masturbate

FTFY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
That scene makes me wonder how a single car got surrounded by a mob. Did that guy take a turn down a road that was clogged with dissidents already? Did the mob coalesce in a hurry and surround the car?

Never been in one, but they seem like something that can be both readily avoided and suddenly form without warning. In either case, don't stand in front of a car that is driving on the road.

• Locked thread