Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Macaluso posted:

Actually it's good

Much like Junkrat, the better you get at it, the more you understand why it doesn't hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Overwatch isn't good so much as it is very aggressively okay.

You have over one million posts in this thread

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

You have over one million posts in this thread

Yeah, I do. I like Overwatch. I don't love it; a lot of the appeal is a combination of "my friends play it and we'd have a good time playing anything" plus the near-extinction of actual arena FPS games. For what it does it's the only game in town besides TF2 and I'd rather not go down that particular rabbit hole.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah, I do. I like Overwatch. I don't love it; a lot of the appeal is a combination of "my friends play it and we'd have a good time playing anything" plus the near-extinction of actual arena FPS games. For what it does it's the only game in town besides TF2 and I'd rather not go down that particular rabbit hole.

Unreal Tournament is still in alpha shape, but it is playable and not terrible. Also it's free. They are taking things very slow with development though.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

ToastyPotato posted:

Unreal Tournament is still in alpha shape, but it is playable and not terrible. Also it's free. They are taking things very slow with development though.
Oh really? Sweet. Always got time for UT. Thanks for the heads up.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah, it is basically a hobby project in house. Most of the team also works on Paragon which actually brings them money so UT gets occasional attention out of mainly love of UT.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Overwatch is the most fun I have had in a shooter game in over a decade

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Twibbit posted:

Yeah, it is basically a hobby project in house. Most of the team also works on Paragon which actually brings them money so UT gets occasional attention out of mainly love of UT.

So what you're saying is that UT is going to be a clone of Doom.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Same. I think? When was CoD MW2? I probably enjoyed that nearly as much. But that doesn't really scratch the itch that OW and UT do.

FAUXTON posted:

So what you're saying is that UT is going to be a clone of Doom.

It's very faithful to the original UT while also being faithful to 2k4. I could do without the wall running, but it is basically the game UT3 should have been.

As for OW, the Bastion changes certainly have my interest. I basically never play Bastion but these changes would definitely change that for me.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Much like Junkrat, the better you get at it, the more you understand why it doesn't hold up.

Ultverwatch

Overtank

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Junkrat is also good, much like Overwatch itself

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Bolivar posted:

Now that there aren't really any relevant holidays in any part of the Overwatch world for a while, I guess it would be best if they would just have their next events be something completely different. Such as a spring event with all those great skin ideas that don't fit any holiday theme, and then of course bikini skins for Mei & Co. in June.

Pharah needs a skin that's just her regular armor but with a polka dot bikini painted on top of it.

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm seeing a McCree in fringed leather and I love it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

loving poo poo gently caress game. Final... scooore.... 1 .... to 0... de.... feat. I just left too early because I'm an impatient idiot but in my defense loving christ why do I need to sit through the score being read so slowly. I don't leave or give up but when the game is literally over you should let me loving leave.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 2, 2017

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

also please increase sombra's damage by 20% and make the translocator permanent

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

deep web creep posted:

also please increase sombra's damage by 20% and make the translocator permanent

20% would make her a monster, just tightening up the spread would probably be enough

can't second the translocator part hard enough though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make translocator permanent but let enemy players destroy it if they can find it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

make translocator permanent but let enemy players destroy it if they can find it

yeah

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember the first time I saw an enemy Sombra's translocator I thought it'd be like Junkrat's mine/trap and tried shooting it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
remove her gun and have the translocator have no cooldown, also telefragging deals damage

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

I remember the first time I saw an enemy Sombra's translocator I thought it'd be like Junkrat's mine/trap and tried shooting it.

I still do sometimes because I rarely see them and just assume it's a venom mine lol

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Make Sombra frag people if she translocates inside them.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

All I want is for Lucio's wimpy sonic shots to at least be intangible

No Genji deflects, no DVa absorbs, no being blocked by Reinhardt or Symmetra shields

Just cool little green energy farts to harass with

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Make it so Sombra's EMP kills Symmetra's autism turrets and kill her decloak cooldown.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poque posted:

Make it so Sombra's EMP kills Symmetra's autism turrets and kill her decloak cooldown.

Wait, doesn't her EMP stop the turrets? I was doing a capture the flag and an EMP went off (Sombra died like instantly though) and I saw our Sym turrets sitting there with the hacked effect circling them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dire Human posted:

All I want is for Lucio's wimpy sonic shots to at least be intangible

No Genji deflects, no DVa absorbs, no being blocked by Reinhardt or Symmetra shields

Just cool little green energy farts to harass with

Agree. But also his cabbages should heal. Get rid of heal aura and make his switch button only switch his boosts, while keeping his aura to speed only. (So speed aura + heal boost or speed boost.) Then he can shoot team mates to heal them instead of making Lucio's choose between healing or speeding. I mean they would still be choosing a bit with boosts, but it would be less vital since they could switch boosts while it was on cool down. Then maybe they could unnerf his health boost to compensate?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Make Sombra's hack make enemies friendly fire-on, both receiving and dealing damage. Hack should turn turrets against their owner. Remove her primary weapon if necessary

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Macaluso posted:

Wait, doesn't her EMP stop the turrets? I was doing a capture the flag and an EMP went off (Sombra died like instantly though) and I saw our Sym turrets sitting there with the hacked effect circling them.

I want em DEAD

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What is the absolute earliest I can quit out of a match and still get XP? Can I exit right as soon as it slows down, or do I need to wait for the word "Defeat" to finish playing or what

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

As soon as it doesn't give you a warning sign when you try to leave

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am playing QP so I don't see messages like that

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Solo queue is terrible and I want to murder everybody

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

ToastyPotato posted:

Agree. But also his cabbages should heal. Get rid of heal aura and make his switch button only switch his boosts, while keeping his aura to speed only. (So speed aura + heal boost or speed boost.) Then he can shoot team mates to heal them instead of making Lucio's choose between healing or speeding. I mean they would still be choosing a bit with boosts, but it would be less vital since they could switch boosts while it was on cool down. Then maybe they could unnerf his health boost to compensate?

Lucio isn't being slam picked because his healing has a low skill floor and needs to be a skillshot, he's being slam picked because his speed aura is a unique and extremely useful buff, and making it be low-level permanent will only further centralize him

I'll stick with the farts thanks

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
While this game is occasionally fun, the fact that you do best when you happen to bump into 6 people who cooperate somewhat or always have at least 4 people willing to work vs 6, it's kinda boring, and frustrating when it's not optimal, which will be most of the time unless everyone you play with is always on together and actually can hold their role down well.

And I'm not even talking competitive.

it was totally fun for the first few months because of charm but everything semi annoying rears it's head pretty quickly.

it's a good game, it's just not something you can necessarily just turn on and have fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

emp shuts turrets down

that guy wants the emp to destroy them outright, which is different

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is the absolute earliest I can quit out of a match and still get XP? Can I exit right as soon as it slows down, or do I need to wait for the word "Defeat" to finish playing or what

The word

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I find soldier infinitely more annoying then symmetra personally :shrug:

I shoot her before she comes near, soldier can shoot me when ever he even slightly sees me, and has way more consistent damage.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 2, 2017

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Better?

Allow her to plant it and set a timer from 0, 5, or 10 seconds so it activates in that time.

A permanent one would make Reinhardt a giant idiots
zenyatta at life half health
sym at like half health
cancel syms shield gen
cancel lucio ult
cut zarya's health in half
remove dvas escape
prevent mercy from escaping

and likely a handful of others i'm not immediately thinking of

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 2, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How do you break a entrenched Symmetra/Torbjorn defense when no one else on your team seems able to deal with it beyond reading articles on "Coping with Loss"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How do you break a entrenched Symmetra/Torbjorn defense when no one else on your team seems able to deal with it beyond reading articles on "Coping with Loss"

Hanzo/Tracer/D.Va ult. I'd say Sombra too but a team that can't break through that probably isn't going to coordinate with you for EMP anyway.

If there's one other competent person on your team, one of them can deal with the Symmetra (hi Winston) the other can deal with the Torb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
^^^Winston's usefulness against that lineup begins to suffer once the armor and shield train starts rolling, in the early game if you and your team can play aggressively then he can put a lot of pressure on the Symmetra so I suppose the real Rule Zero of dealing with that comp is to play aggressively and not give them a lot of time to set up shop.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Step one is almost certainly "bring Zenyatta, liberally apply orbs."