Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

8-bit Miniboss posted:

All the people you beat up are just knocked out and Kiryu has never killed a man! (The beginning of 1 doesn't count!)

Please get back to me on this point after a certain gameplay segment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

Please get back to me on this point after a certain gameplay segment

:negative:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Majima, would you do anything to get back into the family? Even..... murder!?
M-murder? I don't think I can do that, let me go back to my apartment and sleep on it. *disembowels a guy with a knife and gives several dozen men brain injuries on the way home*

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

People were built tougher in the 80's. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Majima didn't kill a single one of those people

Not even the guy he literally throws a knife through the chest of.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As soon as I get back to playing as Kiryu the first thing I'm gonna do is see how fast you can kill Mr. Shakedown with the Golden Rifle.

Pro tip for Majima: use all your CP to get up to Iron Stomach so you can complete all the restaurants much easier, it pays for itself in the sense that you want all the upgrades on that tree anyway, the Manager ones are all only 3-6 CP.

Also I just finished the doll girl quest and I'm not crying, you're crying, shut up!

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

ImpAtom posted:

Majima didn't kill a single one of those people

Not even the guy he literally throws a knife through the chest of.

I did the knife heat action with a chinese broadsword, that man's abdomen was entirely sword.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Zaggitz posted:

The game finally arrived at my house!... An hour before I had to leave for work.

You.are so gonna be late for work

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I got lucky and got two slime shotguns as Majima that made Mr. shakedown pretty easy. Sure beats waiting for an opening for a few quick attacks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I keep throwing money at people to get a Slime Shotgun and they keep bringing back other poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got catfished by an old lady at the telephone club and it cost me like half a health bar

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

History Comes Inside! posted:

I got catfished by an old lady at the telephone club and it cost me like half a health bar

I love how despite getting catfished he smashes them anyway. What a lad

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The hostess makeover customization is more involved than most RPG character creators. Holy crap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Was anyone able to max out all four hostess stats via costuming? I tended to get to 3 maxes and one with kinda crap or straight-up X

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Someone said earlier that 0's save can carry over into the 1 remake. What gets carried over?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brick Shipment posted:

Someone said earlier that 0's save can carry over into the 1 remake. What gets carried over?
Just some unique equippable items I think. "Carry over" is kind of an overstatement.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have no idea why it took Amazon over a week to ship my pre-order of this, but they finally did and I'm loving stoked y'all. They did it along with my pre-order of Hitman Season 1 tho so this weekend suddenly became absolutely insane for video games

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hahaha I just finished Majima's bag phone quest chain. "Cell Phones sucked in the 80s. The end. That's one of my favorite substories. Its so utterly pointless, like all Yakuza things should be.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Hahaha I just finished Majima's bag phone quest chain. "Cell Phones sucked in the 80s. The end. That's one of my favorite substories. Its so utterly pointless, like all Yakuza things should be.

At least you get a save point out of it!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Wow it's temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

KingShiro posted:

Wow it's temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

It's sold out in a lot of places. The influencers have spoken.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm glad Sony has made listening to Spotify while I play games so easy, but then there are games that exist with no in game volume adjustment and there's no option I can find to adjust volume levels on a system wide basis.

What the gently caress I just wanna listen to my 80s Playlist while I do sub stories :(

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that at some point in the story one of your characters loses all of their money, do you get however much you had back after that segment or should I spend it all beforehand? Also when does it happen?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Wow, Amon is really stupid and unfun and has completely killed my desire to do any other postgame stuff. Guess I'm done with this game.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Majima, in the middle of a life-or-death battle with vicious bodyguards in an attempt to teach a deeply disturbed woman that there's more to life than money: "HOLY gently caress, I REALLY LOVE KNIVES"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Wow, Amon is really stupid and unfun and has completely killed my desire to do any other postgame stuff. Guess I'm done with this game.

amon is always really stupid and unfun

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Can't say I ever really had more trouble with an Amon fight than I did with the final battle. Yeah I know it's "harder" but it's not that bad.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Caitlin posted:

Can't say I ever really had more trouble with an Amon fight than I did with the final battle. Yeah I know it's "harder" but it's not that bad.

Kiryu's version?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Kiryu's version?

Any version in a Yakuza game I've played so far? 3, 4, 5...

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Caitlin posted:

Any version in a Yakuza game I've played so far? 3, 4, 5...

I'm talking about Kiryu's Amon fight in 0. It's bullshit.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Amon has never been good. Don't do them.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
My experience with Amon is always the same: initial reaction of HOLY gently caress THIS IS BULLSHIT, followed by learning his pattern while feeling tension due to the consumables burned to get to that point, then finishing him off and proclaiming NEVER AGAIN.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Friends don't let friends fight Amon.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I might be really stupid but what does the 'as long as you remain calm' mean on the weapon master skills? Don't let your heat bar rise too much?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Stelas posted:

I might be really stupid but what does the 'as long as you remain calm' mean on the weapon master skills? Don't let your heat bar rise too much?

Yep, 1st bar of Heat is calm.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that at some point in the story one of your characters loses all of their money, do you get however much you had back after that segment or should I spend it all beforehand? Also when does it happen?

There's dudes named Mr Shakedown who steal all your money if you lose to them in a fight.

They wander around the map and if you find them again, you'll get back whatever you lost if you can beat them. There is an accessory that lets you spot where they are on the map that you can get after 2 or 3 substories.

The first Mr Shakedown is met in Chapter 2 and is a scripted event. Honestly you're not gonna have a lot of money on you at that point, so just go with it.

They're kinda hard to take down as Majima without some planning and knives, though Kiryu can really destroy them in beast mode if there are a lot of heavy objects.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

exploded mummy posted:

There's dudes named Mr Shakedown who steal all your money if you lose to them in a fight.

They wander around the map and if you find them again, you'll get back whatever you lost if you can beat them. There is an accessory that lets you spot where they are on the map that you can get after 2 or 3 substories.

The first Mr Shakedown is met in Chapter 2 and is a scripted event. Honestly you're not gonna have a lot of money on you at that point, so just go with it.

They're kinda hard to take down as Majima without some planning and knives, though Kiryu can really destroy them in beast mode if there are a lot of heavy objects.

If you can get a zap gun it cuts through their health pretty nicely.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
after a bunch of hours of real estate shenanigans and idling I've unlocked THE LEGEND STYLE, feels good to be back

now I've just got to save up 10 billion yen for the Gold Kiryu statue in my office, because I'm a legitimate businessman now

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

To be fair, I think Secret and Safety Wallets stack and you go from losing it all to Mr.Shakedown to maybe losing 10% of your money. It's not a bad combo, even though Encounter/Trouble Finder is way more useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Alternatively, Savescum the poo poo out of him.