Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Look at all you fools actually wearing clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

My main problem with jeans is that the way they're cut doesn't allow you to maintain a natural heel toe rolling gait, you have to walk bowlegged
what kind of hosed up pants and jeans are you guys wearing. go get a denim fitting and radically redefine your life.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

1 degree away from cargo shorts, new balances 7 series, and a pocket polo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I've not had a problem walking in jeans since I stopped growing. I don't understand the issue here with them

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEL85J-9DDY

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone told me I need fitted jeans to show off my rear end, so I'm going to stick with my Kirklands

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Corduroy for the win

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
KCP almost got 40 tonight

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Corduroy for the win
on this, we can agree

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Corduroy for the win

A good book

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone told me I need fitted jeans to show off my rear end, so I'm going to stick with my Kirklands

You wear Costco brand jeans?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A goon decrying jeans because he has a weird inability to walk like a human in them is why I love this website

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I was not a Covington fan at first, but he's growing on me. He'll be a good fit for the next couple of years, because they'll probably have one or two rookie guards to work into the rotation next year. I think an elite defensive player fits well with that, not matter how infuriating his shot selection and offensive game is.

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's precisely what I'm arguing against though? Projecting Saric to be some theoretical useful future 76er is dumb because right now he is bad. He could get good, he could not. We don't know yet.

I don't know man, he's improving rapidly and has looked really good in spurts. He's a rookie from Europe on a bad team. He's pretty good all things considered.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
*puts on corduroy pants and plaid button down* I am now ready to teach reading and talk about basketball

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

you lost me at plaid

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I am who I am.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

you lost me at plaid

Teacher-wear gets special rules.

Nick, please tell me you have a blazer with patches on the elbows.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Teacher-wear gets special rules.

Nick, please tell me you have a blazer with patches on the elbows.
dead poets society cosplay

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I have crippling depression but this Raptors team is gonna make me kill myself before the mental illness does.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Yogisanity continues with the Mavs third win in a row.
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/826987457187037184
Yogi's leadership inspired Salah Mejri to have the best game of his career. The Sixers need their superstar, Shirley Temple, back.

edit: Mavs are now tied for 10th place in the West.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 2, 2017

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I missed Covingtonchat, but here he is trying to dribble for two minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtCwc5dO-70

I particularly like his attempted eurostep

dokmo fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 2, 2017

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

This man has enormous royal testicles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kings are gonna do it, they're gonna keep their pick after 10 thousand years

quote:

Kings guard Garrett Temple suffered a partial tear of the left biceps femoris muscle (hamstring) and is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't want to hear anymore poo poo about how Kanter doesn't help a team win cause that's a load of poo poo

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

have we discussed this yet

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/826989920245780480

the mavs video people are at it again

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

Kings are gonna do it, they're gonna keep their pick after 10 thousand years

You do know that they have a pick swap with Philly right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
But the Bulls get nothing. Nothing!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'M MELTING DOWN

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
maybe standing pat and not upgrading the team was a mistake masai

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's insane to me that the bulls got fleeced in a trade by giving up Tony Snell

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dejan Bimble posted:

My main problem with jeans is that the way they're cut doesn't allow you to maintain a natural heel toe rolling gait, you have to walk bowlegged

What the gently caress are you even talking about man

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
trash team, i hope they lose to orlando and brooklyn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

This is incredible

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
WE GOT BLOWN OUT BY THE loving BULLS AT HOME WE ARE AT DEFCON 1

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lessail posted:

maybe standing pat and not upgrading the team was a mistake masai

I'm ok with standing pat with the roster, but holy gently caress do we need a new coach and we need one two years ago. Try a new coach, if it still doesn't work, then start loving with the roster. But if they're not gonna fire Casey after the Wizards series, they're not gonna fire him mid-season especially when he just signed a new contract (because we reward paper accolades over noticing that our entire playoff run last year was a trainwreck) so buckle up, it's Casey time. Right now things are feeling like we're the usual over-achieving regular season team (except we're not even doing that any-more) that's gonna become playoff roadkill.

It's like how bad does the play have to get before he gets questioned? These are issues that have existed for nigh on his entire run with the team for the last 4 years and every time the team goes on a bad stretch the management just sticks their head in the loving sand and goes "Hm, can't figure out what's happening here, better just wait it out."

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

This is amazing and I feel I should drop this here.
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/827011298902867968

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

attackmole posted:

I'm ok with standing pat with the roster, but holy gently caress do we need a new coach and we need one two years ago. Try a new coach, if it still doesn't work, then start loving with the roster. But if they're not gonna fire Casey after the Wizards series, they're not gonna fire him mid-season especially when he just signed a new contract (because we reward paper accolades over noticing that our entire playoff run last year was a trainwreck) so buckle up, it's Casey time.

It's like how bad does the play have to get before he gets questioned? These are issues that have existed for nigh on his entire run with the team for the last 4 years and every time the team goes on a bad stretch the management just sticks their head in the loving sand and goes "Hm, can't figure out what's happening here, better just wait it out.e"

E
C
F

Casey is going to be coach for a long time. Masai is just in love with the guy it seems.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

attackmole posted:

I'm ok with standing pat with the roster, but holy gently caress do we need a new coach and we need one two years ago. Try a new coach, if it still doesn't work, then start loving with the roster. But if they're not gonna fire Casey after the Wizards series, they're not gonna fire him mid-season especially when he just signed a new contract (because we reward paper accolades over noticing that our entire playoff run last year was a trainwreck) so buckle up, it's Casey time. Right now things are feeling like we're the usual over-achieving regular season team (except we're not even doing that any-more) that's gonna become playoff roadkill.

It's like how bad does the play have to get before he gets questioned? These are issues that have existed for nigh on his entire run with the team for the last 4 years and every time the team goes on a bad stretch the management just sticks their head in the loving sand and goes "Hm, can't figure out what's happening here, better just wait it out."

Masai is the Casey of GMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

But the Bulls get nothing. Nothing!!!

As pissed off as I'll be when the pick swap activates, at least we'll still have a first round pick this year. Like having your car stolen from you but finding an unopened can of Coke in your temporary rental car.

• Locked thread