Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
Faxed DiFi, thanks for the idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So apparently we're considering becoming a "sanctuary state". That's great. Also hilarious in light of what Fresno's rear end in a top hat mayor has said.

"We're not going to be a sanctuary city." "Yes you are, sit the gently caress back down."

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Is measure h the only thing on the ballot?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

So apparently we're considering becoming a "sanctuary state". That's great. Also hilarious in light of what Fresno's rear end in a top hat mayor has said.

"We're not going to be a sanctuary city." "Yes you are, sit the gently caress back down."

Get that bubble from SNL brooklyn skit and put it over CA.

Markorjoshua posted:

Is measure h the only thing on the ballot?

If measure H is "LA measure H" you also have meaure S that is absolute garbage and has a very poor reason for existing. Measure S is a way to stall development in LA, particularly a large mutli-story condo development to be built behind the historic palladium in LA\hollywoo.

Why would a person or group want to stall one particular building in LA? Who would waste so much money on this effort?

Meet this man, Michael Weinstein. Meet his also very impressive view of the LA landscape.

Weinstein is the head of the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. His building is Right behind the development of that condo that would block his building from that view.

So this man has gone to war with LA developers to stop them from building in front of him...and he has a lot of money at his disposal to do it.

And thats the story of measure S.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 1, 2017

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

incoherent posted:

Why would a person or group want to stall one particular building in LA? Who would waste so much money on this effort?

Meet this man, Michael Weinstein. Meet his also very impressive view of the LA landscape.

Weinstein is the head of the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. His building is Right behind the development of that condo that would block his building from that view.

So this man has gone to war with LA developers to stop them from building in front of him...and he has a lot of money at his disposal to do it.

Hasn't Weinstein basically turned the AIDS Healthcare foundation into his own personal political piggy-bank? Like, that group was the one that almost single-handedly funded the entire Prop 60 campaign?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

You are absolutely correct. He has diverted tons of money to political efforts.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Rep. Mark Takano gave a wonderful speech on the floor today: https://www.facebook.com/RepMarkTakano/videos/1060361654092904/

I wish he represented me :sigh:

He represents me and he rules. We used to have Ken Calvert who is honestly one of the most odious loving pieces of poo poo in Congress (he's still around but got redistricted into another area). Honestly having him as our Rep helps cushion the Trump poo poo a little bit.

But only a little.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

My rep is "Muslim ban great" Steve knight :saddowns:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

incoherent posted:

Get that bubble from SNL brooklyn skit and put it over CA.

If measure H is "LA measure H" you also have meaure S that is absolute garbage and has a very poor reason for existing. Measure S is a way to stall development in LA, particularly a large mutli-story condo development to be built behind the historic palladium in LA\hollywoo.

Wealthy assholes do this poo poo in the bay area too, and across the world, I'm sure. Eat the rich.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rah! posted:

Wealthy assholes do this poo poo in the bay area too, and across the world, I'm sure. Eat the rich.

Yes, but those are captains of industry NOT CEOs of NGO. Its extremely disgusting this man can get away with this.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

He represents me and he rules. We used to have Ken Calvert who is honestly one of the most odious loving pieces of poo poo in Congress (he's still around but got redistricted into another area). Honestly having him as our Rep helps cushion the Trump poo poo a little bit.

But only a little.

He's mine now you fucks take him back

Also sup IE goon :hfive:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tbf that's a killer view and I'd do everything in my power to make sure it wasn't replaced with the side of some building too.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Markorjoshua posted:

I hate my hometown.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Markorjoshua posted:

:negative::respek::negative:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Berkeley is rioting over Milo from Breitbart doing a speech on campus

good choice of people to riot over

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

bango skank posted:

tbf that's a killer view and I'd do everything in my power to make sure it wasn't replaced with the side of some building too.

Nah I mean, I'd want to preserve my view, but I would not literally subvert the democratic process in order to achieve my entirely personal goals.

This is of course why I'm totally unqualified to run for any office

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leperflesh posted:

Nah I mean, I'd want to preserve my view, but I would not literally subvert the democratic process in order to achieve my entirely personal goals.

This is of course why I'm totally unqualified to run for any office

Which is exactly why anyone should!

Elyv posted:

Just exercising their right to free speech.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Elyv posted:

UC system doing it right, keep up the good fight.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Elyv posted:

agreed

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

cheese posted:

Cal Poly students merely protested peacefully when he was here last night! Guess that's the CSU-UC divide.

Our local newspaper took it down, but for a while, it had a picture of one person's sign, which simply said, "gently caress OFF".

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cheese posted:

https://twitter.com/janeygak/status/826998516144697344

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cross posting from TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x643kcoc8FU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

This...this is perfect.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lay off the weed hippy

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like a couple of her friends got pepper sprayed as well.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fermun posted:

Looks like a couple of her friends got pepper sprayed as well.

poor kids don't know that you gotta get baby shampoo or olive oil for a day like this.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
So the protest on campus was rad, started off with the fire and kinda ended in a dance party.

People left Sproul when the police started sweeping but literally walked the 200 feet to telegraph and regrouped. The best people of the night are the ones who somehow made it to the top of the MLK building and started launching fireworks.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 2, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: why was Milo Yiannopoulos trying to give a speech at UC Berkley? There was only one way that was going to end.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

He's a professional troll. Doing things that antagonize people is his job. Somehow.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Pepperspraying libertarians is never a bad thing.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I don't even think that was pepperspray. They look awfully functional.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, there's plenty of stuff suggesting that she and a friend faked it to make her famous and whatnot.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
They are pro-Trump libertarian bitcoiners who went to an antifascist rally to support the fascist being protested and they mixed it up in the crowd. It's totally possible they were actually pepper sprayed.

http://archive.is/iM7S4

edit: http://archive.is/abA1N

fermun fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 2, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
that doesn't look like a bathroom to me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

that guy is just asking to be beat up with that moustache

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Artificer posted:

that doesn't look like a bathroom to me

big city liberals have huge bathrooms with chandeliers and two cops. sad!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I dont know how they managed to look like the douchiest kids in the entirety of the Bay, but kudos to them for doing it. Low-rent Lorde/70s Pedophile is quite the look to take to a rally.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I will go in next time it is open and try to figure out exactly where they were, Im assuming based on the lights they are on the third floor in a study area.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I was talking to some friends earlier about how the kids who smashed up all the banks have some pretty good PR instincts. I'm not sure if you could possibly come up with a more effective way to get Americans behind your movement quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
just going to throw this out there but

if youre tired of lazy decorum-focused politics - stop voting for San Francisco dipshits

peace, and furthermore ban the bomb