Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Is there some rule that you can't have a terrible tattoo without adding in some egregious spelling errors?

I would make the joke about the quality of an Alabama public school education, but I have a feeling that the owner of this fine tattoo probably didn't make it too far along in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lane kiffin is slowly turning into nick nolte

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Are we sure Sark and Lane are actually different people?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

MourningView posted:

Are we sure Sark and Lane are actually different people?

One of them was my school's coach and even I'm genuinely not sure at this point. It's kinda creepy, really.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/DeshaunWatson4/status/826600981777510404

This kid should be going mid 1st round...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
What I would give to see all the takes of that Kiffin interview that were considered too bad to show. If that was the very best they could get out of him, I hate to think how bad the rest must have been.

Also I like the awkward jump cuts, felt like even the editor was phoning it in.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Kiffin went from the Raiders, to Tennessee, to Southern Cal, and on to Alabama. Now he's at Florida Atlantic University and the drop off in staffing, facilities, and roster has probably thrown him into a deep depression.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kiffin is one of those people that prove privilege is the realest. How the gently caress does he keep getting paying gigs?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RedbirdFB/status/826797183018082305

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh my god this name.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Oh my god this name.

*faints*

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

vyst posted:

Oh my god this name.

Is definitely an oxymoron.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

From Lawrence so I'm going to guess Haskell Indian Nations University lost out on a recruit here?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Four-year starter for the all-name team.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Man, and I was all excited about Jaeger Bull.
https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/826479682400968704

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Goes in the first round to the Bills.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bacon Taco posted:

Goes in the first round to the Bills.

:perfect:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/CregStephenson/status/826905258303569921

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Coming from a noted Jive Turkey himself, smh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol at the first reply

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

quote:

Alabama has more 5 star commits in this recruiting class than all the teams in the Big 12 combined over the last 10 years.

Holy poo poo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

What the gently caress

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

Alabama is a plague.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

Tuscaloosa delenda est

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/cyclonefb/status/826895612889165824

Between this and the graphic where they made Matt Campbell look like Bear Bryant by giving him credit for a bunch of Mount Union's national titles and calling MAC division titles "conference titles", the ISU graphic guy is angling hard for a role in the Trump administration.

(two of the four stars they reference are grad transfers who were already garbage somewhere else, and they have zero 4 stars by Rivals and 247)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ohio State only had one less than Bama. College football is terrible.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Pakled posted:

Tuscaloosa delenda est

Mother nature tried that and it didn't do anything.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

That sounds like bullshit. Using Rivals, Texas had 2 in 2007, 3 in 2009, 2 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, 1 in 2015, and 1 in 2016. That's 12 just by themselves. Unless Bama's class was 25 5* (which, hey, it's Bama) then it sounds like something someone just ran with or used some retarded metrics to make up.

e: They have 7 on Rivals this year which, while a shitload, is not more than a conference for a decade. There's no way they did more in a year than UT and OU did in a decade, at least not in recruiting.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 2, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at the very least, northwestern had some dude who spurned an MSU scholarship to walk-on and he looks like this:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Crotch Bat posted:

That sounds like bullshit. Using Rivals, Texas had 2 in 2007, 3 in 2009, 2 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, 1 in 2015, and 1 in 2016. That's 12 just by themselves. Unless Bama's class was 25 5* (which, hey, it's Bama) then it sounds like something someone just ran with or used some retarded metrics to make up.

e: They have 7 on Rivals this year which, while a shitload, is not more than a conference for a decade. There's no way they did more in a year than UT and OU did in a decade, at least not in recruiting.

I think they mean in the last ten years, the Big 12 has never had more than 7 five stars in a given year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

There was another development today in the effort to unionize football players at Northwestern. Here's the link, I hesitate to even attempt a summary given how complicated this is -- in short it appears to be a minor ruling in the players' favor but of uncertain importance or permanence.

Yet another reason Northwestern may not achieve their goal of winning the Big 10 in 2017.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

swickles posted:

I think they mean in the last ten years, the Big 12 has never had more than 7 five stars in a given year.

That's definitely it and I misread it, thanks. That's also entirely believable since only Texas and OU recruit at such a level in that conference. I think Aggy has only gotten really good lately since they've been able to tout the SEC to kids.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There was another development today in the effort to unionize football players at Northwestern. Here's the link, I hesitate to even attempt a summary given how complicated this is -- in short it appears to be a minor ruling in the players' favor but of uncertain importance or permanence.

Yet another reason Northwestern may not achieve their goal of winning the Big 10 in 2017.

at least the Mighty Wildcat won something today. I wonder if Siemian joined the NFL Players' Union.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big money big clit posted:

Ohio State only had one less than Bama. College football is terrible.

What's parity?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

What's parity?

I'm just taking limited solace in the fact that being by far the best recruiting and talent development program in the country and not winning every title has to be killing Saban.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas State had the number one recruiting class in the Sun Belt, which hopefully means a season with more than 3 wins is on the horizon!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Texas State had the number one recruiting class in the Sun Belt, which hopefully means a season with more than 3 wins is on the horizon!

I just looked them up and they were winless in conference play. Were the three wins against Div 2?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

swickles posted:

I just looked them up and they were winless in conference play. Were the three wins against Div 2?

We actually only had two wins last year. One was against an FCS team (Incarnate Word), but the other was a 3OT instant classic against Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTtyxtawfIg

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I believe that they tied Kansas and beat Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently our recruiting class wasn't very good. But I don't follow that stuff all that closely, so I'll just assume it will turn out fine and Coach Weirdo will figure it all out in the end.

• Locked thread