Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Listened to the Leah episode yesterday and just got a call from the church. Kind of a hosed up coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Harminoff posted:

Listened to the Leah episode yesterday and just got a call from the church. Kind of a hosed up coincidence.

The Leah Remini episode was actually really good. I thought I knew a lot about how hosed up Scientology is but I learned a lot more during this appearance. The parts about all the internal reports and John Travolta being a licensed to kill Ka-Khan was ridiculous. Also she's been like one of two guests able to make Joe uncomfortable along with Stanhope.

The Rollins episode was whatever. I thought I was going to be either annoyed by it or find it cool but it was just filler to me. He's an interesting character yea, but again he's a blowhard and he was pretty repetitive. For someone who's traveled so much his stories were pretty weak and his opinions were kind of tired. The guy got bullied and has a bad relationship with his parents and that's still informing most of his actions 40 years later. I'm aware that he admits that and I get why people find him inspirational but it didn't do much for me. If you want a well traveled guest with interesting stories, insight, and an actual sense of humor just listen to the shane smith episode right before the Rollins one.

Anyways, everybody strap in

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
And Bravo is going to be there as well.

get my popcorn ready tonight to listen

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Does Joe do his Alex Jones impression to Jones' face? I hope so.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
G O B L I N S

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Infowars seems to be riding the Trump train into mainstream relevance, I was sad to see that the front page is mostly legit (although heavily biased) stories. I wonder if Jones is going to try to clean up his image or stay batshit crazy

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

And Bravo is going to be there as well.

get my popcorn ready tonight to listen

So far its been interesting or hilarious both at the same time sometimes.

E; Lol Eddie almost completely lost his mind when Alex Jones said Donald Trump would help cure cancer.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 2, 2017

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah alex is making a heel turn its wild

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alex Jones wants to get knocked out by Eddie Bravo this podcast has gone full looney.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

That episode didn't disappoint. Jones benefits from having a guy like Joe that will slow him down and ask him to explain his madness.

And Eddie was excited a like a kid meeting Santa. :holy:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Yo Obama was right, America is already great, we elected DJT and spawned this wild son of liberty.

Caught the last hour it was very fun.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I watched the entirety of the Alex Jones one. My brain is mush.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
alex mentioned something about psychic vampires and joe was too distracted to bring him up on it :( i want to know what those guys are all about

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Did Alex Jones get into his Sandy Hook trutherism?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Lovechop posted:

alex mentioned something about psychic vampires and joe was too distracted to bring him up on it :( i want to know what those guys are all about

Something about them working with the peadofiles to control the a.i.

Obviously.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Man that would have been way better without that eddy bravo guy. Got super annoying drunk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I"m an hour into alex jones and this is the most epic thing I've ever seen.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Higherthangiraffenuts.gif

Yeah, I can't handle any Eddie Bravo content

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Lovechop posted:

It reminded me of the Super Adventure Club episode of South Park. Apparently some extra crazy pedos believe their erm....hobby gives them super powers or eternal youth or some poo poo. Sounded like Jones was just saying what they believe. Only about 45 minutes in, though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I've only listened to about 15 minutes of the Alex Jones episode so far and Eddie Bravo was not a good addition. I did however laugh at the fact eddie muttered about getting out of alien conspiracy theories because he had conspiracy theories about the alien conspiracy theory scene. Not just plain skepticism, eddie always has to go 10 levels deeper.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Are the Eddie Bravo episodes usually good? I love the stuff Joe has with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock but I actually think my favorite stuff on the whole podcast is one of the early Duncan ones they're just going on about these random theories they have about like ancient mayans being high on mushrooms and poo poo. I always find that type of stuff and just random theories super fascinating.

Are the Eddie ones like those?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Are the Eddie Bravo episodes usually good? I love the stuff Joe has with Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock but I actually think my favorite stuff on the whole podcast is one of the early Duncan ones they're just going on about these random theories they have about like ancient mayans being high on mushrooms and poo poo. I always find that type of stuff and just random theories super fascinating.

Are the Eddie ones like those?

I say this as someone who doesn't dislike Eddie ouright- no. Some of his appearances have been ok, mostly earlier on and the Rickson Gracie episode. He's gotten more conspiratorial over the years and not in the funny way but in the aggressive everything is a lie but what I believe way. Basically how he behaved after the first hour of the Alex jones episode (I'm only about 2 hours in). He talks over people and derails the conversation, it's frustrating and the Alex Jones episode is more of so bad it's entertaining than an actual interesting discussion with a weird character like most Rogan episodes which sucks because it would've been a lot better without Eddie.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
All these comments about eddie have kept me from listening to this episode...are there any highlights? Why does Joe like Eddie Bravo, just cuz he fights gud?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Eddie doesn't even talk much during the episode. He only chimes in when he wants Alex to talk about a particular subject.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Joe seemed pretty exasperated by the end. Eddie got a bit too crunk and got worse as time went on

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Eddie was like the guy at the end of a party who won't shut up.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Lovechop posted:

I had a libertarian flatmate who gave me a book on satanism that included this term to describe people who are just a drain on your life. Basically people you don't like. It was all about how you should be ruthless to them because the self is the greatest good, and by virtue of being negative in any way towards yourself they are basically evil.

They're not actually psychic or vampiric, its just a fancy way of saying 'people who annoy me and drain me of energy'. You can replace this with any outgroup easily so I can see how the term would be popular with people like Alex Jones.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Joe's words urging Alex to carefully consider the way he spoke about the 'Psychic Vampires' - to make it clear that they're not literal vampires - was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

well why not posted:

Joe's words urging Alex to carefully consider the way he spoke about the 'Psychic Vampires' - to make it clear that they're not literal vampires - was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

that was outstanding but i'm partial to the

*suddenly hushed whisper extremely serious alex jones voice* u wanna hear the big enchilada /??

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm only halfway through and we've had moonbases, chemtrails, HAARP, global warming, Bill Gates weather machines, Election frauds, Pizzagate. It's the most dense thing I've ever heard. His breadth of interest is pretty wide, he seems to recall seemingly obscure stuff (maybe true) from years and years ago.

Edit: WTF he just recalled an article / subsection number in conversation ?!

well why not fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 6, 2017

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

well why not posted:

I'm only halfway through and we've had moonbases, chemtrails, HAARP, global warming, Bill Gates weather machines, Election frauds, Pizzagate. It's the most dense thing I've ever heard. His breadth of interest is pretty wide, he seems to recall seemingly obscure stuff (maybe true) from years and years ago.

Edit: WTF he just recalled an article / subsection number in conversation ?!

That's the scary thing about him. Throughout all his conspiracy theories and crazy rants there are some nuggets of truth. So if you're not careful you can get sucked in and start buying into him.

I've developed kind of a fascination with him and watched some of his videos like when they snuck into the Bohemian Grove, and I have to take breaks from him so I don't become a raving lunatic.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That podcast was great, my favorite part was when Joe started asking about big foot and Alex started talking about Oprah sitting on inter dimensional boards to take part in population control. Alex Jones owns.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Goddamn, did everyone know that Obama's grandmother was a CIA Sex Operative ?!?!!?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

That's the scary thing about him. Throughout all his conspiracy theories and crazy rants there are some nuggets of truth.

I honestly don't know how that Bill Clinton immigration video flew under my radar and didn't make the rounds during the election

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Holy poo poo, imagine getting stoned with Alex Jones and listening to JFK speeches.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Alex really trying to both expand the pizzagate mythos but also try to distance his part in it was maddening with zero push back from Rogan.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Grant DaNasty posted:

That's the scary thing about him. Throughout all his conspiracy theories and crazy rants there are some nuggets of truth. So if you're not careful you can get sucked in and start buying into him.

I've developed kind of a fascination with him and watched some of his videos like when they snuck into the Bohemian Grove, and I have to take breaks from him so I don't become a raving lunatic.

i agree with you on that first point. when i was much younger someone bought me a David Icke book because i was into conspiracy stuff at the time (UFOs and all that goofy poo poo that's exciting when you're 14.) anyway, the first few chapters were all fairly plausible stuff that was entertaining to read. then out of nowhere in like the 3rd or 4th chapter he starts talking about the psychic lizard people. it's a good technique i guess.

also - check out Jon Ronson's book Them if you haven't already. there's a great account of that bohemian grove trip from another perspective. his JRE appearance was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

also - check out Jon Ronson's book Them if you haven't already. there's a great account of that bohemian grove trip from another perspective. his JRE appearance was great too.

Another perspective like "eh maybe not as weird as portrayed by Jones, etc" or just another POV? Hoping the latter but I'm gonna check it out