Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
It could've been reflex. A kick was thrown and a man was bent backwards. Tough to know if that's a knockout in the heat of things while also having the wrong perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Huh, duelling (with real pistols but wax bullets) was no-poo poo an event at the 1908 Olypmics. They should totally bring that back.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Olympics

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

owl_pellet posted:

Why did the ref jump in?

I think the bell rang, that was the last strike
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2690580-kickboxer-defies-physics-with-matrix-move-to-avoid-devastating-head-kick

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Huh, duelling (with real pistols but wax bullets) was no-poo poo an event at the 1908 Olypmics. They should totally bring that back.

so paintball? (not to poo poo on this, this is pretty bad rear end)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

And these days, they use laser pointers instead of guns. The world has gone weak.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Ruzihm posted:

so paintball? (not to poo poo on this, this is pretty bad rear end)

On technical points I'd argue this is more hardcore:

- Paintball is shot with pressurized air/gas in an implement that can't fire real ammo
- Olympic Duelling is shot with an unmodified firearm that's loaded with a wax bullet in place of a lead one, and with just a primer load of gunpowder rather than a full charge of powder.

I mean, clearly it's less hardcore than full-on fatal duelling, but not as watered-down as paintball.

I fully endorse this being an event in the next Olympics.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

On technical points I'd argue this is more hardcore:

- Paintball is shot with pressurized air/gas in an implement that can't fire real ammo
- Olympic Duelling is shot with an unmodified firearm that's loaded with a wax bullet in place of a lead one, and with just a primer load of gunpowder rather than a full charge of powder.

I mean, clearly it's less hardcore than full-on fatal duelling, but not as watered-down as paintball.

I fully endorse this being an event in the next Olympics.

So what we need is Simmunition duels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2lwo-VjPE

Modified live firearms shooting paintballs with low-powered cartridges.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

chitoryu12 posted:

So what we need is Simmunition duels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2lwo-VjPE

Modified live firearms shooting paintballs with low-powered cartridges.

Simmunitions are the worst, I was the active shooter in some drills a local police department did a few years ago and I was covered in welts and bruises despite body armor and lots of clothing. I felt pretty badass at first as I was skipping around popping random shots off until I turned a corner and got absolutely lit up by 3 officers. Then we ran the scenario another five times...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

B-Rock452 posted:

Simmunitions are the worst, I was the active shooter in some drills a local police department did a few years ago and I was covered in welts and bruises despite body armor and lots of clothing. I felt pretty badass at first as I was skipping around popping random shots off until I turned a corner and got absolutely lit up by 3 officers. Then we ran the scenario another five times...

Were they doing it with rifles and shotguns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R9PDlQA3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlrGfhErqlg

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

B-Rock452 posted:

Hah, my buddy did some similar training with sim rifles. Some guy turned the corner and blasted my friend almost point blank in the back and sides. He got bruised pretty bad and actually still has some scars on his sides where there was no plate protection.

Anyway they should do dueling with these
http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-menu/products-capabilities/less-lethal/general/product/255/254/255/3/_/fn-303R.html

It's basically a compressed air launcher that fires big rear end slugs of paint or irritating powder.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Simmunitions are the worst

As someone who has trained with it, I agree. They suck. Constant stoppages due to the low power of the round not cycling the pistol properly.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

B-Rock452 posted:

I know some airsoft dorks that would love to pepper each other with faux ammo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panfilo posted:

I know some airsoft dorks that would love to pepper each other with faux ammo.

Pfft, if it was cheap I'd buy tons of it to settle arguments by actual duels between my friends/roommates.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

JiimyPopAli posted:

As someone who has trained with it, I agree. They suck. Constant stoppages due to the low power of the round not cycling the pistol properly.

yeah every time we played with it I never had a magazine once not jam. just not enough oomph in the primer to cycle the action or seat the next round properly.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Bud K ninja sword posted:

yeah every time we played with it I never had a magazine once not jam. just not enough oomph in the primer to cycle the action or seat the next round properly.

This is why god created revolvers.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

New Motorhead album cover looking good so far.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

New Motorhead album cover looking good so far.

Even Lemmy's skull has the wart on it!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lemmy is definitely the kind of guy to have crabs.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

:same:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

dee eight posted:

This is why god created revolvers.

I don't think I'd want one in a hairy situation though. How do you load the bloody thing if your hands are shaking?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

treiz01 posted:

I don't think I'd want one in a hairy situation though. How do you load the bloody thing if your hands are shaking?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

treiz01 posted:

A speedloader makes it a lot easier than putting each one individually.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

That design doesn't make a lick of sense.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Would make such a cool tattoo

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

captainOrbital posted:

That design doesn't make a lick of sense.

It's ornamental. I mean I think he only kills one dude with it.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwrGa6IswY

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Slime posted:

A speedloader makes it a lot easier than putting each one individually.

Yeah but then you have to wear a special belt with a couple of speedloaders on it and, eh, that's too much crap to carry for me. I already struggle with a phone, keys, wallet, watch, change and headphones.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

treiz01 posted:

Yeah but then you have to wear a special belt with a couple of speedloaders on it and, eh, that's too much crap to carry for me. I already struggle with a phone, keys, wallet, watch, change and headphones.

You don't need a special belt, just a two-cell pouch to slip on your existing belt.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Wow. I love this.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

treiz01 posted:

If you are in a situation where you need more than one magazine or speed loader, then you are probably already hosed.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

That would make for a pretty badass avatar.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

If you are in a situation where you need more than one magazine or speed loader, then you are probably already hosed.

Not if you are the active shooter.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not if you are the active shooter.

:trumppop:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is a rendering, in case anyone was wondering.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Platystemon posted:

This is a rendering, in case anyone was wondering.

Is there a video version? If so I need a gif for an avatar.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I misremembered. It is actually a sculpture.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I think this one's real.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I've got to grind 20 champion hermit crabs, each one lives in a more badass creature's skull. The final crab, OmegadonCrab, lives in my own skull.