Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you get communication errors before you even get to the title screen, you have to delete and reinstall the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
FYI: promoting a 3* to 4* costs me 20 badges of the respective colour and 2000 feathers.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

FC Submission Form is here, Spreadsheet is here. You can edit the Team Lead column in case yours changes. If any other info turns out to be pertinent, well poo poo just stick it in there or further to the right, make a new column.

Can this get added to the OP please and thank you

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
As I wait for the game to release on the American Google Play store, I can at least take solace in the fact that holy poo poo Wrys actually made it in. :allears:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

acumen posted:

FYI: promoting a 3* to 4* costs me 20 badges of the respective colour and 2000 feathers.

How do you get feathers? Is there any good write up yet of how to F2P this most effectively (or how to get the most bang for your buck if you're going to drop some cash)?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

LordHippoman posted:

As I wait for the game to release on the American Google Play store, I can at least take solace in the fact that holy poo poo Wrys actually made it in. :allears:

I've got him and although I have no other healers to compare to he seems like a pretty good one. Has an attack that slows the enemy unit, and heals himself every time he heals a friendly. Every other turn it's a bigger heal too (or heals all allies every three turns).

Nephzinho posted:

How do you get feathers? Is there any good write up yet of how to F2P this most effectively (or how to get the most bang for your buck if you're going to drop some cash)?

Feathers you get either by "sending home" units (deleting them from your collection, no idea how many you get when you do this) or through pvp (awarded weekly from several hundred to several thousand based on your offense/defense/rank).

F2P is probably pretty easy. You get a ton of orbs just doing the main story and I'd pull in batches of 5 - this gives you the most heroes/orb and if you fail to get a 5* it keeps increasing your odds of getting one. I've been buying stamina refreshes with my Nintendo points in order to play more since I'm off today. I spent $20 on orbs for another full pull but I don't really even think it was that necessary.

acumen fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 2, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i wonder what theyll actually do to encourage having a huge roster rather than just 'pull for your favorites'. FFRK had realm synergy where eqipment (the gacha item in that game) had way higher stats in stages related to their native game. I wonder if we'll see a stage synergy with units when the roster expands, or if they will have stage restrictions (can only use units from a certain game; can only use dudes, etc etc) for events or something

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I got the 803-3001 on my Lyn account...

:negative:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

acumen posted:

I've got him and although I have no other healers to compare to he seems like a pretty good one. Has an attack that slows the enemy unit, and heals himself every time he heals a friendly. Every other turn it's a bigger heal too (or heals all allies every three turns).

Feathers you get either by "sending home" units (deleting them from your collection, no idea how many you get when you do this) or through pvp (awarded weekly from several hundred to several thousand based on your offense/defense/rank).

F2P is probably pretty easy. You get a ton of orbs just doing the main story and I'd pull in batches of 5 - this gives you the most heroes/orb and if you fail to get a 5* it keeps increasing your odds of getting one. I've been buying stamina refreshes with my Nintendo points in order to play more since I'm off today. I spent $20 on orbs for another full pull but I don't really even think it was that necessary.

Nintendo points power up stamina? That's cool. Are these the same points we can earn in Miitomo and Mario Run or a new bucket?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

Gunther is actually good and strong.

He's from Conquest and is therefore completely forgettable and useless.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've never actually been all that into Fire Emblem much, but this is Strategy Lite enough that it's cool by me.

Aw yeah I got Boob Mom! Literally all I know about Fates is that she's your cool big sis that spoils you and axes anyone's face off that looks at you strangely. Fantastic!

Also Nino is wrecking everything with double sword magic and Wrys is a random old guy curate drug dealer.

Maybe I should give this series more of a try despite not typically getting along with strategy games.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

DrManiac posted:

are the oc dudes they give you worth ranking up? I notice a lot of units don't have purple skills.
If you plan on not spending a tonne of money, they have some good skill sets that seem to complement each other, so they might be worth investing in. If you plan on spending money, gently caress 'em and go hog wild on whatever good stuff it spits out at you.

Personally, Anna is currently carrying my team because she's the only decent green character I have, and those RES bumps for allies look like they will be handy against the magic-wielding end boss. Also, holy poo poo, Vantage.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

Nintendo points power up stamina? That's cool. Are these the same points we can earn in Miitomo and Mario Run or a new bucket?

FE:H has its own set of points although you can still use some generic platinum points(?) or whatever with them. I ended up with over a thousand just from doing the tutorial I think. Stamina refreshes are 100, arena refreshes are 100, and level-up crystals are 500 for 100.

Castle upgrades seem to be a good way to spend your orbs once you have an adequate first team. Double exp is well worth the orbs when most of what you're doing is levelling guys and since stamina is quite a bottleneck after a bit (I'm at 9 stamina/fight now) and doesn't seem to increase yet it'll be more efficient.

I have a couple 4* level 20's now and I'm holding off on levelling them further since I have no idea how promotion affects your SP pool or learned skills. Seems like a waste to keep levelling them at this point, especially when there's still so many lower-level chapters to clear. On that note, I started overlevelling the normal missions so went through the hard ones which were more my average level. I assume fighting equal-level opponents gives you much more exp than lower levels so this is probably a good idea too.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
are you telling me marty isn't in this gamr

0/10

although it's kinda cool anna uses axes

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I pulled a 4* Olivia, kept her, hoping she'd work similar to how she does in Awakening, and do my delight, Olivia works exactly the same way she does in Awakening :neckbeard:

My current favourite move is just waiting a few turns to get a buffed AOE character, then using Olivia to send said AOE character to any spot in the map, and just giggling as they AOE down the entire enemy team that was so staunchly refusing to move any closer to me.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Aw yeah I got Boob Mom! Literally all I know about Fates is that she's your cool big sis that spoils you and axes anyone's face off that looks at you strangely. Fantastic!
She's actually murderously/suicidally possessive to the point where she'd kill you and/or herself if she was ever seperated from you. Her retainers as well. Really, she's just plain hosed in the head.

But whatever, she has big anime tatty-bojangles, and is over-powered as hell and you got a 5-star version of her, you lucky bastard.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
In Fire Emblem Herpes as Goat

Here is my friend code 8295970844

Please add me

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fire Emblem Heroes has been successful in making me wanting to play one of the portable games again sometime in the future. Well played, Nintendo.

I deleted the app after two hours though, because I don't know 90% of the characters and I didn't find a lite Fire Emblem appealing on it's own. Farewell five star knight lady!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I've done 2 multi pulls since the first and both have been 5 3-star thinking about rerolling again.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Tiki turns into a dragon to get healed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo I entered my FC into the sheet but the first two numbers (00) are missing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mierenneuker posted:

Fire Emblem Heroes has been successful in making me wanting to play one of the portable games again sometime in the future. Well played, Nintendo.

I deleted the app after two hours though, because I don't know 90% of the characters and I didn't find a lite Fire Emblem appealing on it's own. Farewell five star knight lady!

lol, you could have sold that account for $$$

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Soooo since I linked my My Nintendo account, if I delete the app for whatever reason can I just re-install and have the same Heroes account back?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sweet, thanks

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
come on nintendo put it on the US ios store already

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MotU posted:

come on nintendo put it on the US ios store already

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Samba De Amigo posted:

If you haven't looked it up already, try deleting Heroes from your device and then re-download it. THIS IS ASSUMING YOU'VE LINKED YOUR ACCOUNT.

If not, maybe just see if you can wait it out?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
do i have to restart this game a million times until i get something decent? Also can i marry my party members?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Brasseye posted:

do i have to restart this game a million times until i get something decent? Also can i marry my party members?

no, no

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there any focus banners up or does it look like the first boosted 5* will be Valentines weekend? If so I will probably just reroll for a good starting hero and then just wait the two weeks with lovely heroes clearing the story mode.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I decided to re-roll after 3 sets of summoning the whole pool didn't give me poo poo.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

Same. Lost 5* Tharja.

Probably for the best anyways.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

lol, you could have sold that account for $$$

I just couldn't resist deleting a waifu. Here's a picture I had saved if somebody feels like lamenting about it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am legit having more fun with this game than all of the 3 Fates campaigns combined.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, third pull, here we go

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So out of curiosity, is it known if Lute (from Sacred Stones) is in the initial summoning pool? They obviously don't have everyone from everything in yet, but I've been curious about who all made the first cut. She hasn't shown up in any promotional material so I suspect not, but.

Mierenneuker posted:

I just couldn't resist deleting a waifu. Here's a picture I had saved if somebody feels like lamenting about it.

Forget the knight lady, you deleted Donnel, you ice-hearted motherfuck. :mad:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

where is this game

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Promoting 4* to 5* is 20,000 feathers. Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

So out of curiosity, is it known if Lute (from Sacred Stones) is in the initial summoning pool? They obviously don't have everyone from everything in yet, but I've been curious about who all made the first cut. She hasn't shown up in any promotional material so I suspect not, but.

Forget the knight lady, you deleted Donnel, you ice-hearted motherfuck. :mad:

If I get Donnel I will be investing every resource I have into fulfilling his destiny as King of gently caress Mountain. All will bow before him.