Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm sure that's going to be entertaining for like 15 minutes.

15 minutes if they are drunk, sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cant you get jackbox for any tablet already?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

have they announced a metroid yet

Metriod: Alternative M

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Cant you get jackbox for any tablet already?

Not on tablets since you need to use one as a controller but it's on every other console, PC and even some smart TVs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Metriod: Alternative M

Metroid: Upsidedown M

...Wah ha ha!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SilverSupernova posted:

Not on tablets since you need to use one as a controller but it's on every other console, PC and even some smart TVs.
It's me, I'm the only person in the world who owns a tablet but not a mobile.

In other news, Fire Emblem: Heroes seems pretty ok so far. It's rotten with microtransactions so it'll probably make Nintendo plenty of dosh.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Metroid: Upsidedown M

...Wah ha ha!
Team Ninja presents: Wetroid.:pervert:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/80WJ731.mp4

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 2, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

As American as apple pie.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

:eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826970477562171392

That's, uh, pretty high ambitions from Nintendo.

Realistically the Switch will probably do slightly better then the Wii U.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:perfect:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This would actually work as an ad.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Especially since the people who would find it offensive already consider Nintendo consoles to be for cucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is bad and you should feel bad for linking a 4mb gif.

We use .mp4 now :colbert:

Change the extension to .mp4, remove the IMG tags, and the forums will automatically parse it for you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lodin posted:

Especially since the people who would find it offensive already consider Nintendo consoles to be for cucks.

Chickens can't play video games

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Considering how politically fired up he is these days I would only be about 80% shocked to see Bill Trinen retweet that gif.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Chickens can't play video games
That can't be right, Dick Spencer is a huge fan of Call of Duty.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why is it not March 3rd yet, I need my toilet-making GBS threads fash-bashing video game tablet ASAP

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seriously, I'm using the Switch release as a coping mechanism for what's going on in DC.

Looking forward to March 3rd is what's getting me through the days.

That and beer.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Beastie posted:

Seriously, I'm using the Switch release as a coping mechanism for what's going on in DC.

That and beer.

Isn't that what helped the NES become such a success?

All the bad stuff in the 80's bubbling it's way to the top, our president literally losing his mind but nobody speaking up about it.

But at least there was Mario 2 and Zelda 2 to look forward to in the future.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beastie posted:

That and beer.

I've been sober for more than two years now because I can't be trusted while drunk but I've been seriously reconsidering sobriety since the election.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I hear you my goons. Escapism. If you aren't relying on just Switch, then the next few months is an insane release window, with Switch right in the middle of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Exactly 1 month left to release here in Aus :toot:

Gonna walk in at the midnight release, come home and play some Zeldas

http://i.imgur.com/j3ovgwf.mp4

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am on a trip that weekend so am gonna mail it to my hotel like a huge goddamn nerd and I'm sure plenty will go wrong

RIPPP

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there a place in Tokyo in the next two weeks where I can place my hands on this "Nintendo Switch" system that I have been hearing so much about? I would like to post here afterwards about how terrible it is and how Nintendo should make games for the PS4.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am on a trip that weekend so am gonna mail it to my hotel like a huge goddamn nerd and I'm sure plenty will go wrong

RIPPP

Yeah I'm sure it won't get delayed, misplaced, stolen, etc, etc

Argue posted:

Is there a place in Tokyo in the next two weeks where I can place my hands on this "Nintendo Switch" system that I have been hearing so much about? I would like to post here afterwards about how terrible it is and how Nintendo should make games for the PS4.

Go to Nintendo, knock on their door, and ask Shigeru Miyamoto very nicely if you can touch it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm not a Zelda fanboy by any means. I've played a ton of the games but it isn't my favorite series by any means.

But god drat do I find myself getting incredibly hyped for BotW. The world just looks leaps and bounds better than any Zelda game before. Mind you, I never played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beastie posted:

I'm not a Zelda fanboy by any means. I've played a ton of the games but it isn't my favorite series by any means.

But god drat do I find myself getting incredibly hyped for BotW. The world just looks leaps and bounds better than any Zelda game before. Mind you, I never played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

This is me.

Hello me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Beastie posted:

This one looks to be a turning point in the series. Zelda always has sprawling worlds, but never dabbled in 'open world' in video games terms. Im very intrigued and very interested.

Its directed by the guy who did Minish Cap. Which I hated. I hated it because there was a million things to do but they were mostly blocked off until you were right before the last dungeon. At which point it felt like grind to your desired difficulty level for the end. BotW promises to be much more open from the word go. If that's true it will alleviate the things I didn't like about Minish Cap. Which had other great features and itself was a departure.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 2, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Beastie posted:

It's gonna rule IMO

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Beastie posted:

Twilight Princess was a great game. Skyward Sword not so much.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It seems that mobility is a thing now. Link can climb, fly, slide, and jump. Is this brand new or did this occur in the Wii games?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TaurusOxford posted:

Skyward sword was really good tho minus the gotdang helper

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Skyward sword was really good tho minus the gotdang helper

And Twilight Princess was garbage outside of befriending a Yeti.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

^^^Truth. Yeti level is just tops.

TaurusOxford posted:

Skyward Sword was a great game. Twilight Princess not so much.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Bombadilillo posted:

Skyward Sword was a great game. Twilight Princess not so much.

:yeah:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They were actually both pretty good.

TP has really good dungeons and sumo wrestling the goron was rad as gently caress.

Skyward has the super sweet combat and Ancient Cistern: the best dungeon.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This loving song. If they don't use it in every future game from now on I'll be mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thswiDX5vUI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Skyward Sword perplexes me because the dungeon design and art direction seems pretty disjointed. Ancient Cistern is really enjoyable in terms of visuals and layout. At the other extreme, Sandship seems to have been built to accomodate the square-footage needed for the boss tentacles to wreck up the interior. As a result it has a feeling of passageway/spacing weirdness the entire time before your escape to the outside. I also think the cargo container/pirate ship mashup could have been better because it's really ugly.

Skyview has a similar space issue with some rooms feeling too small. It makes up for it in gorgeous lighting and disney-ness though.

• Locked thread