Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't get Adult Swim so who is Sam Hyde and what is this poo poo about?

Sam Hyde is an alt-right racist who had a show on [as] called Million Dollar Extreme. It was really racist and also really unfunny. The word is that Tim and Eric basically used their clout at [as] to get the show cancelled and Hyde blacklisted for being a Nazi poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah. I don't think colleges should host speakers who are trolls doing a bit!

No more Larry The Cable Guy? :smith:

KiteAuraan posted:

Sam Hyde is an alt-right racist who had a show on [as] called Million Dollar Extreme. It was really racist and also really unfunny. The word is that Tim and Eric basically used their clout at [as] to get the show cancelled and Hyde blacklisted for being a Nazi poo poo.

Ah. OK. Thanks.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah. I don't think colleges should host speakers who are trolls doing a bit!

Effective political speech is often provocative.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Effective political speech is often provocative.

you're sending mixed messages here kingfish

on this same page you dismiss him as a dipshit, but now seem to think it's fine for colleges to host him because he's an effective political speaker

if he's a dipshit, why do you care if he's effective? why do you think it's a good thing for 20 year olds to be effectively proselytized to by a dipshit?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I wouldn't invite him to my college. But the fact that he is provocative wouldn't be enough reason to ban him from my campus.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think it's fine for colleges to host speakers I disagree with as long as they aren't Fascist.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

I think it's fine for colleges to host speakers I disagree with as long as they aren't Fascist.

but hes fascist though

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Why?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

because the ideology he promotes and supports is fascist?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just posted dis in gbs in a thread about the berkeley riot:

Wikipedia posted:

In a Breitbart article, he and a co-author championed the movement and its intellectual backers, whom he described as "dangerously bright".

So yeah he wrote a long article in which he essentially said "Nazism is excellent and the way forward for all of us (except the ones who get genocided)"

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Peel posted:

a solid line of 'he targets private individuals for harassment, he's not just some conservative speaker and should not be allowed into colleges where he will endanger students' would be helpful but probably won't be allowed to form when the news can just find the most incoherent member of the crowd to interview

Both this and add a heaping helping of "And Republicans are inviting this guy to speak" to any and all news sources. Maybe convincing the major networks/papers that "the controversy of calling out the Republicans inviting the guy will get you clicks/sell papers" would help.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

if milo isn't a fascist then i dunno what is. it seems the cut off for being a fascist is that you just have to say "nah i'm not a fascist" and then people are like... okay. i believe this guy.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

fascist fascist fascist lmao fascist fascism

durrrrrr fascism hurrr durrr facsism fascist

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

hi my name is The Internet

facism facism facsim durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dicky B posted:

fascist fascist fascist lmao fascist fascism

durrrrrr fascism hurrr durrr facsism fascist

the conservative tears thread is in qcs dude, report there.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

thank s friend

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Nazi is a better term more likely to lead to productive and good violence.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

sometimes its tough deciding on the best ad hominem to use

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Milo is a con artist who use to run a gawker copy cat site then turned into a conservative house gay then realized he could milk a lot of money out of the idiot culture wars and people should just ignore him or only let stalinists debate him.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Feb 2, 2017

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
As soon as Milo singled out a transgender student for harassment at UW he gave up his right to not have his fans get punched and pepper sprayed. Not to mention the MAGA hats are in support of actual civil rights being denied.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Fiction posted:

As soon as Milo singled out a transgender student for harassment at UW he gave up his right to not have his fans get punched and pepper sprayed. Not to mention the MAGA hats are in support of actual civil rights being denied.

Yeah but there's a huge gulf between punching a nazi in the face on an as-needed basis and what the agitators did in Berkeley last night.

Unfortunately the types that would start screeching about free speech aren't the types that wouldn't want to understand what happened. And then it becomes a national discussion because Trump was watching Fox News when they were talking about it and threatens UC Berkeley, and it's impossible to have a nuanced discussion in that environment.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
whoa turns out that showing up to a riot in a maga hat and shouting le epic triggered memes at the crowd.... is a bad idea

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

ANTIFA needs to be extremely careful about who they bash. "Useful to Nazis" is entirely different from actual Nazis. This type of thing is what I was afraid of, we are hosed if the left starts thinking it's justified in busting up conservative meetings. They might be able to get away with it with Milo but this really can't become a trend or there is gonna be backlash that we won't have an answer to.
So I mean in some respects, yes, I'd say 80+% of the people who voted trump are not nazis, and should not be treated like Nazis.

But you cannot swear off political violence. Do not think for one second that Milo is a 'clown', he's someone who if ever given the opportunity to, will do absolutely unspeakable things. Literally the only reason he's not doing them right now, is because he can't. If you don't realize that, you're gonna find yourself debating the morality of political force in the democratic process, in your head, as you're being lead into gas chambers, and breathing in nerve gas.

Those are the stakes. History did not end, we are still living it, and you ignore history at your own peril. This isn't a joke, this isn't a game, this is real life.

That doesn't mean you act without strategy, or act without thinking, because that's going to lead to failures as well. There's an escalation process that has to be followed, you can't jump too far too fast. But you absolutely have to send a message to people like Milo, and that message must be "if you want a civil war, we're gonna fight, and we're gonna win".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
really the antifa did those guys a favor because Milos fans are all poorly socialized retards who need to be gently introduced to the fact that saying "free speech" does not grant them immunity to consequences before they attempt troll a real riot and end up getting curbed

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Milo isn't a nazi but only because he's a gay and Jewish and the other nazis keep throwing him out of the club house.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/Frozensword14/status/715745257099501568

average milo fan

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the halo garbage is what makes it

lol fat jon snow

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

Yeah but there's a huge gulf between punching a nazi in the face on an as-needed basis and what the agitators did in Berkeley last night.

The strategic argument for the Berkeley action is less about clobbering a particular nazi and more about letting liberal university decision-makers know that if they allow shock jocks to visit the university to harass students, the students will take care of their own defence at the cost of the university.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Peel posted:

The strategic argument for the Berkeley action is less about clobbering a particular nazi and more about letting liberal university decision-makers know that if they allow shock jocks to visit the university to harass students, the students will take care of their own defence at the cost of the university.

So what to do when Michael Moore or Nancy Pelosi is considered a shock jock to the assholes on the alt right?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

call to action posted:

So what to do when Michael Moore or Nancy Pelosi is considered a shock jock to the assholes on the alt right?

lol nobody gives enough of a poo poo about Michael Moore to gin up a protest against him

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

call to action posted:

first you must abandon this insanely gay frame of mind where this is some sort of sport where the better team shall win after playing on an even field

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Brown Menace posted:

first you must abandon this insanely gay frame of mind where this is some sort of sport where the better team shall win after playing on an even field

this

if anything these last few months should have taught us is that if they go low you don't go high, you go low and punch them in the loving nuts

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
guys what if the diseased imgur mutants show up to protest Mark Blyth?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

call to action posted:

they're gonna do that anyway

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and compare these Milo events to the early nineties Grateful Dead tours.

It would be a pretty unremarkable show if it weren't for the absolute circus always surrounding it.

Just imagine this guy in a British accent saying poo poo only a southern redneck would say, to your mid-size university conference hall, the back three to five rows are mostly empty.

That is all this has to be. So I'm not totally convinced the protesters are totally on the side of the justice here.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

call to action posted:

You suppress fascist student organisation so they can't muster the force to do anything about it.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No, I get it, I'm not saying people shouldn't punch Nazis. Go for it. I just wonder what the media narrative is gonna be - you know they're gonna play it as both-sides-are-bad.

Though then again, media narrative doesn't mean a goddamn thing these days.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The video of him eating crickets to own SJW's was something else. The guys high pitched gay redneck voice is instant comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
You guys are acting like the American left has the organization, energy or institutional connections to actually suppress anything. From an outside perspective it looks more like an aggrieved person getting really drunk and then picking a bar fight they are unlikely to win.