Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

FAT BATMAN posted:

Since when was sprint a level 32 ability?? I actually did something very similar to this when I played vanilla WoW. I got sprint at what, level 10, level 12? Soon as I got it I blew off everything and just ran through the World of Warcraft, taking the long way from Goldshire all the way to Teldrassil in a PvP server. I had about 75 silver saved up and I blew it all on a pet parrot at Booty Bay. It was a really great journey!

they're redone the system like at least twice now, i think? it's so different since when i stopped playing i don't think i could go back to the game even if i wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I haven't played WoW but, how long do you guys think that video took to make? It looks like it would've been hours...

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Bobulus posted:

It's a fun idea, but unless he does a bunch of offscreen grinding, is it feasible? I vaguely thought rogue stealth was level-based, in that higher level enemies had a higher chance of breaking it.

I don't think it is feasible, no. Not without a lot of corpse running. If you watch, at the end that spider has like a 400 yard aggro radius because the character is such a low level. I still thought it was funny and I'll watch it, but I'm not sure it's going to work so well

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

myron cope posted:

I don't think it is feasible, no. Not without a lot of corpse running. If you watch, at the end that spider has like a 400 yard aggro radius because the character is such a low level. I still thought it was funny and I'll watch it, but I'm not sure it's going to work so well

i hope no one tells him about the tram shortcut between ironforge and stormwind that could have sidestepped hellcayon completely

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

i hope no one tells him about the tram shortcut between ironforge and stormwind that could have sidestepped hellcayon completely

He said in the video, "no shortcuts."

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

showbiz_liz posted:

I haven't played WoW but, how long do you guys think that video took to make? It looks like it would've been hours...

It's not really that long. At a decent level you can walk the whole way in like a half hour, tops. I had to do it a bunch when I was leveling guys through the pre-Legion invasions.

I'd guess like two hours of filming, maybe.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Griffin in online games is always good but I'm not really sold on the rest of the premise. I mean, there's been a fleshed out Pokemon clone in WoW for years now that gives XP and you can sell pets to other players for decent cash. He could just do 'Nuzlocke: World of Warcraft Edition'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The official WoW twitter helpfully put up a map:

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/826906450022633472

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Griffin in online games is always good but I'm not really sold on the rest of the premise. I mean, there's been a fleshed out Pokemon clone in WoW for years now that gives XP and you can sell pets to other players for decent cash. He could just do 'Nuzlocke: World of Warcraft Edition'

"fleshed out" is an overstatement, it wouldn't support any extended video content -- and that's coming from someone who likes that mode.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm going to the MBMBAM live show in March!
YEAH YEAH YEAH!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I liked ep1 of Peacecraft, but it's not the best idea they've ever had. It just sounds like a real grind for him, and not particularly fresh for us. I wish Justin was along for the ride, he and Griffin make MMOs magic when they're on Monster Factory. Probably way too time consuming, but it'd be a lot more interesting.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I learned that WoW has loving motorcycles.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Scudworth posted:

I learned that WoW has loving motorcycles.

They also had a reality show about building motorcycles: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/choppers/

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

How many episodes do you think it will take until Griffin's potential routes are stalked by zealous MBMBAMbinos eager to provide help?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I finally watched the new WoW based project and, uh... as someone who 100% avoided WoW for the past 13 years, is there any way someone new could understand what's going on? He talks about trying to make his way to this place or that and I just can't make heads or tails of it at all.

Not that it's much of a detriment, for the most part. It's not bad for a pilot ep.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PeaceCraft seems like a fun idea to me but I also use to do Droknar taxis in GW1 so I may be broken.

Justin should come over and do this instead of Law Abiding Citizen. That's a show with a good premise that is hampered by Russ being incredibly unfunny.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://uproxx.com/tv/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-seeso-show-interview/2/

includes a new trailer for the Seeso TV show - Feb 23rd it drops.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

well why not posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYSCjwc6pEo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kenny Logins posted:

I finally watched the new WoW based project and, uh... as someone who 100% avoided WoW for the past 13 years, is there any way someone new could understand what's going on? He talks about trying to make his way to this place or that and I just can't make heads or tails of it at all.

Not that it's much of a detriment, for the most part. It's not bad for a pilot ep.

In WoW you get EXP for near everything, exploring, gathering items, and of course killing poo poo. It's been a thing for a while now to do pacifist runs where you ONLY level by gathering/exploring/delivery quests without killing/etc. Usually it has a goal like 'I'll get max level by this way' or 'I'll get to x expansion like this' or whatever. Griffon's taking that idea and making his goal 'I'm going to see literally how far I can go in the world without killing anything. Stormwind is his first goal and it's kinda the central hub of his faction, there's an entire other landmass he could go to, and from there it gets a little harder because places like Northrend and Pandaria have breadcrumb quests to unlock that usually require fighting.

He's actually going for an easier version where he's free to die all he wants. A lot of people do pacifist ironman, which means dying means you 'lose'. If you can die you can do stuff like corpse run and all to get around some parts. Hardly a big deal though because this is gonna be fairly funny anyway.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I will find a way to watch this show in Europe, because it seems like exactly the kind of dumb comedy show I've been looking for.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

I've never played WoW, the trick is to not care. He's in [fantasy town], he's trying to get to [other fantasy town], end of story.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Who are the TV brothers they're facetime poo poo-talking?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

well why not posted:

The Superdesk idea they talk about here is so great, shame it didn't make it to the final product. Maybe in Season 2.

well why not posted:

Who are the TV brothers they're facetime poo poo-talking?

The Property Brothers? I don't actually know who they are or what they look like, but they're probably the highest profile TV "Brothers."

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

showbiz_liz posted:

I've never played WoW, the trick is to not care. He's in [fantasy town], he's trying to get to [other fantasy town], end of story.
Oh, it's not that I care, it just made me think that the game's newcomer experience in 2017 must be utterly perplexing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah based on that video I would never decide to just start playing WoW without a friend to guide me because what even the hell is going on?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm still not sure what the premise of the TV show is, but from the interview and new trailer, it sounds like the brothers get to run around their hometown doing really stupid poo poo, and I really couldn't ask for anything more

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well I mean, if you were playing WoW normally I assume there are quests and tutorials to follow that actually tell you what to do. But Griffin has to ignore all that since that requires combat.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

inthesto posted:

I'm still not sure what the premise of the TV show is, but from the interview and new trailer, it sounds like the brothers get to run around their hometown doing really stupid poo poo, and I really couldn't ask for anything more

one of the showrunners (along the brothers) is JD Amato, who is also one of the showrunners of The Chris Gethard Show, so if you're interested in the sensibility the SeeSo show might have, I'd say that'd probably be the closest thing. TCGS and MBMBaM are also two of my favorite things in the world, so I'm super excited they seem to be merging in a way.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Judging by the uproxx interview and the trailers and what the brothers have said about it so far, the draw of the show is that we don't know what it's going to be, and that feeling is preserved for basically every episode.

I kind of feel like it's going to be a new-sincere non-surreal Check It Out! with Steve Brule type affair. I'm OK with this.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Kenny Logins posted:

Judging by the uproxx interview and the trailers and what the brothers have said about it so far, the draw of the show is that we don't know what it's going to be, and that feeling is preserved for basically every episode.

I kind of feel like it's going to be a new-sincere non-surreal Check It Out! with Steve Brule type affair. I'm OK with this.

I think the "Nathan For You" comparison from upthread looks pretty accurate based on the trailers and interviews so far. But instead of playing a character when addressing the camera like Nathan usually does, those parts will be unscripted and probably played more genuine.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

my first thought was "what the gently caress is Weird Al doing there"

my second thought was, after the second time I rewound the trailer, "why is there 5 minutes worth of what-the-gently caress packed into a minute's worth of trailer"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

I think it's basically the same as the podcast but they actually are acting out their goofs.

Like I don't know if they actually said it or if I've just sorta imagined it from the context, but it seems that the spider related ones feel like their from a question where someone asked "hey brothers I have a spider as a pet but my friend/SO/family thinks that's weird. How do I get them to see that spiders are awesome?" and so they then go on to learn about spiders and put on a spider parade to talk about how spiders are just like dogs or whatever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Tarantulas are perfect babies that are also exactly like pet rocks 95% of the time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
spiders are monsters and horrible things but I fully support a tarantula parade just to go balls to the wall

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The Property Brothers? I don't actually know who they are or what they look like, but they're probably the highest profile TV "Brothers."

This is correct.
Wasn't Griffin just talking about them on.. maybe CGI? Recently?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

This is correct.
Wasn't Griffin just talking about them on.. maybe CGI? Recently?

Yep, it was the Yelp! episode. I fuckin love the property brothers, so I'm psyched.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

How many episodes do you think it will take until Griffin's potential routes are stalked by zealous MBMBAMbinos eager to provide help?

I sent him a vial of poison that kills him 7 days after ingesting it, if that counts as help.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bushmeister posted:

my first thought was "what the gently caress is Weird Al doing there"

my second thought was, after the second time I rewound the trailer, "why is there 5 minutes worth of what-the-gently caress packed into a minute's worth of trailer"

Weird Al is everywhere.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
One of my favorite minor things in Peacecraft is just seeing the reactions of somebody who's been away from the game for a long, long time to how decadent and depraved the modern WoW experience is.

He obviously skipped past a lot of the tutorialization by skipping the quests, but the current process of onboarding new players is currently kind of... um. Lacking. And a lot of the older zones are already kind of busted and decrepit even though they'd already been refurbished in Cataclysm.

Another major problem is that the XP curve means you're constantly bouncing from zone to zone, but I suppose that won't be a problem here. :v:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I feel like Car Boys could be the basis of a great master's thesis on floating point rounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

creationist believer posted:

I feel like Car Boys could be the basis of a great master's thesis on floating point rounding

well don't just say that and not link the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgmtgsRCDvE