Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

brexit whitepaper posted:

● Providing certainty and clarity where we can as we approach the negotiations.

● Taking control of our own laws and statute book.

● Strengthening the Union by securing a deal that works for the whole of the UK.

● Maintaining the Common Travel Area and protecting our strong historic ties with Ireland.

● Controlling immigration from the EU.

● Securing the rights for EU citizens already living in the UK and the rights of UK nationals living in the EU.

● Protecting and enhancing existing workers’ rights.

● Ensuring free trade with European markets whilst forging a new strategic partnership with the EU.

● Forging ambitious free trade agreements with other countries across the world.

● Ensuring the United Kingdom remains the best place for science and innovation.

● Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism.

● And, finally, delivering a smooth, orderly exit from the EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

So brexit's actually going forward, huh?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Saladin Rising posted:

yeah, their parliament voted 498-114 in favour of allowing may to brexit

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, their parliament voted 498-114 in favour of allowing may to brexit

The 114 are all LibDems, I presume?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Saladin Rising posted:

where have you been of course it is

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

The 114 are all LibDems, I presume?
no

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

So what happened to the Corbynfuhrer's whip?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the loneliest tory

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

kustomkarkommando posted:

where have you been of course it is
I basically deplugged from politics with the exception of the Middle East thread

I'm starting to follow things again, but I missed most things that happened from November to January

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Randler posted:

bad news about corbyn and brexit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

a fifth of labour decided they dont give a poo poo about it, another two resigned. as per some articles, corbyn himself is not quite sure how fuhrerish he wants to be about it in the end of the day

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

a fifth of labour decided they dont give a poo poo about it, another two resigned. as per some articles, corbyn himself is not quite sure how fuhrerish he wants to be about it in the end of the day

"brexit, but with less racism"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the loneliest tory

he's quitting politics next election anyway so he's decided to go down fighting and biting, he's long been the conservatives strongest europhile and he ain't giving up now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"brexit, but with less racism"

labour posted:

Allow a meaningful vote in Parliament on the final Brexit deal. Labour’s amendment would ensure that the House of Commons has the first say on any proposed deal and that the consent of parliament would be required before the deal is referred to the European Council and parliament.

Establish a number of key principles the government must seek to negotiate during the process, including protecting workers’ rights, securing full tariff and impediment free access to the single market.

Ensure there is robust and regular parliamentary scrutiny by requiring the secretary of state to report to the Commons at least every two months on the progress being made on negotiations throughout the Brexit process.

Guarantee legal rights for EU nationals living in the UK. Labour has repeatedly called for the government to take this step, and this amendment would ensure EU citizens’ rights are not part of the Brexit negotiations.

Require the government to consult regularly with the governments in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland throughout Brexit negotiations. Labour’s amendment would put the joint ministerial committee (JMC) on a statutory footing and require the UK Government to consult the JMC at least every two months.

Require the government to publish impact assessments conducted since the referendum of any new proposed trading relationship with the EU. This amendment seeks to ensure there is much greater clarity on the likely impact of the government’s decision to exit the single market and seek new relationship with the customs union.

Ensure the government must seek to retain all existing EU tax avoidance and evasion measures post-Brexit.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ensure the government must seek to retain all existing EU tax avoidance and evasion measures post-Brexit.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, Britain is totally a country that seeks to reign in tax avoidance and not totally one of the main facilitators of it. Go gently caress yourself, Corbyn.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

yep, like i said, brexit, but elss racism

can't imagine why this isn't working

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

im glad we're still litigating whether or not punching nazis is good

like it is, how can you think otherwise

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, Britain is totally a country that seeks to reign in tax avoidance and not totally one of the main facilitators of it. Go gently caress yourself, Corbyn.
corbyn clearly wants that to change if he wants to prevent the tories from removing another layer of tax avoidance laws, herr randler

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

brexit won the referendum and the tories had the votes anyway. might as well try to salvage something.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

R. Mute posted:

brexit won the referendum and the tories had the votes anyway. might as well try to salvage something.

this sounds suspiciously like american centrist liberals you decry

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

im not seeing less racism bit there tbf, since rights of eu citizens are one granted thing - as per article 50 rules etc et al, each eu member state has individual power to gently caress uk over in any aspect of negotiations, hence medieval government of poland will ratfuck uk ad nauseum if they decide to dump a million jobless millennials on top of current dumpster fire of a government

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im not seeing less racism bit there tbf, since rights of eu citizens are one granted thing - as per article 50 rules etc et al, each eu member state has individual power to gently caress uk over in any aspect of negotiations, hence medieval government of poland will ratfuck uk ad nauseum if they decide to dump a million jobless millennials on top of current dumpster fire of a government

its a low bar

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Best case would be England leaving the EU due to the 2 year rule without any deal negotiated and parliament failing to revoke the A50 notice in time.

Then freak waves swallow up England and submerge Ireland just long enough to wash away all the Protestants.

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 2, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Best case would be England leaving the EU due to the 2 year rule without any deal negotiated and parliament failing to revoke the A50 notice in time.

Then freak waves swallow up England and submerge Ireland just long enough to wash away all the Protestants.
i'd honestly feel bad about scotland in that scenario

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i'd honestly feel bad about scotland in that scenario

They made their choice and shall therefore share the fate of their fellow English.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

They made their choice and shall therefore share the fate of their fellow English.
:rip:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Randler I'm getting some gerenterance vibes

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pangstrom posted:

Randler I'm getting some gerenterance vibes

true story I read that as zhair en tear ance several times before i got it

that's my story

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
brave new d&d is going well

LLJKSiLk posted:

The only good Nazi is a punched Nazi amirite?

Trump is playing 5D chess with these people.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428690/ dang its left early access

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
https://youtu.be/Y46FHTeDWMI

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

loving trabisnikof destroying calipol thread

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

brave new d&d is going well

he's a terrible human and poster. he hosed his kids babysitter and then asked e/n if you could pay for abortions with visa

he's so enable to control himself from such lovely behavior he finally got himself snipped

also he cheers for bama

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

he's a terrible human and poster. he hosed his kids babysitter and then asked e/n if you could pay for abortions with visa

he's so enable to control himself from such lovely behavior he finally got himself snipped

also he cheers for bama

wow

wow

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

That's some real brilliant poo poo, op

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

also he cheers for bama
ok, so the first line is clear, the second one i presume is vasectomy rather than castration, but the last one?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/2WDyZrW.gifv

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

stone cold posted:

loving trabisnikof destroying calipol thread

Sorry we disagree on the specifics of protest tactics :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014