Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

I blame Trump for this not being out in America yet.

Failing Dena can't get their overrated game to greatest country! Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So is this game coming out or...?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

BambooEarpick posted:

Presumably some time in the next 10 hours-14 hours.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Andrast posted:

Why does my lvl11 sophia have 30 attack

Because some of the mages have ludicrously insane Atk growths. Ran into a lvl ~13-14 Tharja(that had to have been a 5-star) in the Arena that had 33 attack. That was an... interesting experience getting rid of her, as it was on the lava map and I have no fliers. Utterly obliterated one of my blue characters (she's red) in one hit, and I ended up sacrificing Serra as well to deal just enough damage to be able to remove her with someone else in a single hit so she couldn't counter.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well i got about 8 missions in and now i just keep getting the communications error message

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

well i got about 8 missions in and now i just keep getting the communications error message

Gotta delete and reinstall if you don't get a Retry option. Hope you linked your account.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Does anyone know how to change your character's name? Mine ended up with an unfortunate typo ("Blaze " instead of "Blaze", somehow) and it's rather distracting when he's mentioned by other characters.

Also I got all 3* from my rolls, I am literally Arthur. That is my luck.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
so is it all just 4v4?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I got a five star robin and a 4 star beruka from my free orb rolls so I am a happy player!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How many summons do you get on a reroll?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How many summons do you get on a reroll?

Talk to the owl for two free orbs, do the three prologue missions for three more orbs, then roll 5 characters.

BambooEarpick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Gotta delete and reinstall if you don't get a Retry option. Hope you linked your account.

nah i didnt i was gonna get enough gems for another roll first lol. whats that mean if you dont get a Retry option i just get return to title

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Does anyone know how to change your character's name? Mine ended up with an unfortunate typo ("Blaze " instead of "Blaze", somehow) and it's rather distracting when he's mentioned by other characters.

Also I got all 3* from my rolls, I am literally Arthur. That is my luck.

its on the FAQ screen but i cant get it to work on the emulator

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

nah i didnt i was gonna get enough gems for another roll first lol. whats that mean if you dont get a Retry option i just get return to title

There are two types of communication errors. If you get stuck when it's downloading or whatever then you get a retry option. If you have no retry button but only return to title, then either wait for them to fix bugs or whatever or delete and reinstall

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ah gently caress it ill wait till its out in NA and play later then

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
If I was an idiot and linked my account right away, does that mean I'm pretty much locked out of re-rolling? (Like it saved my first rolls and that's it)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Revitalized posted:

If I was an idiot and linked my account right away, does that mean I'm pretty much locked out of re-rolling? (Like it saved my first rolls and that's it)

If you use another device or emulator, then you can install on that and link it so you get access to that account again, then delete all data in Account Management and then you can apply that Nintendo account to a new installation again

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

If you use another device or emulator, then you can install on that and link it so you get access to that account again, then delete all data in Account Management and then you can apply that Nintendo account to a new installation again

I saw that button and went through with it before attempting to re-roll (clear data), so it sounds like I did everything correctly with one device? Back to the re-roll grind then!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

does this game have some sort of promotion or class change system?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Unless I get a bunch of 3-stars, I'm going to take whatever I get.

That assumes the game ever loving comes out in NA.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been rerolling for hours

send help

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

send help

Same, and by rerolling I mean refreshing the app store over and over.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nihilarian posted:

Doesn't seem like it, you just upgrade up from rarities.

Any word on how long it takes for the dueling swords to refresh?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cheetah7071 posted:

send help

Play the loving game

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Downloaded the APK, and first roll of five gave me 4* Nowi, 4* Fae, 4* Sakura, 4* Fir, 3* Sully. Any good? The linked tier list seems to think so.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kyrosiris posted:

Downloaded the APK, and first roll of five gave me 4* Nowi, 4* Fae, 4* Sakura, 4* Fir, 3* Sully. Any good? The linked tier list seems to think so.

You've got a healer, which is all you really need - your free units can actually pull their weight, which is unusual for these kind of games. Sharena in particular is really good thanks to Rally Strength. Anna's a bit low on defenses and Alfonse doesn't really stand out, though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'd personally re-roll until I got at least one 5*. It's a pretty easy and quick re-roll, and promoting units might take a while:

Nihilarian posted:

Not class change but their rank (# stars) can be increased. They need to be level 20 and you need a bunch of materials in order to do so. For a 3* > 4* conversion it's 20 colour-matched crystals and/or 2000 feathers (not sure if you need both or either yet... heard both ways). For 4* > 5* it's 20 badges or 20,000 feathers.

VVVVV

all units (at least all my 4/5*) can level past 20. 40 appears to be the max. The problem I'm having right now is all my 4*s I'm levelling past 20 - it's wasted exp since I'll be promoting them when I can.

acumen fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 2, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

acumen posted:

I'd personally re-roll until I got at least one 5*. It's a pretty easy and quick re-roll, and promoting units might take a while:

Not class change but their rank (# stars) can be increased. They need to be level 20 and you need a bunch of materials in order to do so. For a 3* > 4* conversion it's 20 colour-matched crystals and/or 2000 feathers (not sure if you need both or either yet... heard both ways). For 4* > 5* it's 20 badges or 20,000 feathers.

The redemption of points website seems to indicate separate resources for leveling up pre and post 20. So are 5*'s able to keep leveling up past the "cap" of 20 in order to hit stat caps?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nephzinho posted:

The redemption of points website seems to indicate separate resources for leveling up pre and post 20. So are 5*'s able to keep leveling up past the "cap" of 20 in order to hit stat caps?

i'm hoping there's some eventual hard stat cap for each hero that you can reasonably hit off rng level ups because if not that's real loving poo poo for a gacha game

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm hoping there's some eventual hard stat cap for each hero that you can reasonably hit off rng level ups because if not that's real loving poo poo for a gacha game

If there is an upgrade cap at 20, there must be a 30-40 cap for 5* where you're guaranteed to have maxed. Unless they figured out the perfect gacha mechanic.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nephzinho posted:

If there is an upgrade cap at 20, there must be a 30-40 cap for 5* where you're guaranteed to have maxed. Unless they figured out the perfect gacha mechanic.

trying to incentivize getting duplicate gacha just because the one dude you've been grinding forever ends up having poo poo gains is a BAD way to try to get people to gacha more.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Considering my boy Roy has gotten absurdly good level ups in general, it wouldn't surprise me if higher star units have better growth rates.

Edit: It costs Stamina to change your skills? :psyduck:

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 2, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

You've got a healer, which is all you really need - your free units can actually pull their weight, which is unusual for these kind of games. Sharena in particular is really good thanks to Rally Strength. Anna's a bit low on defenses and Alfonse doesn't really stand out, though.

Sharena seems to turn out good - both in terms of stat gains and Rally Strength, but Alphonse seems like junk. Sol chain for his special isn't that great, and his Spd growth seems horrible - Spd 5 at lvl 8 - with his other stats nowhere near balancing it out. Sure, it's better than my Sophia that still has Spd 2 at lvl 7, but he's still being nearly doubled by my 3-star Draug, who's even a level lower. Being 1 point off being doubled by a lower level Armor Knight is not exactly endearing him to me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The 3 stars seem pretty good, I dunno. My 3 star Sally already has a unique weapon equipped and any bow/shuriken user is automatically great.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So I figured that I'm getting close to 20 orbs, so I'll just burn my stamina potion and if I don't get anything good, I'll just reroll, no major loss.

YUP, I'm sticking with this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So, uh, I don't see any way to up the Stamina from the base 50.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does the ! mean its a new unit?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

are pegasus knights as loving busted in this game as they are in the base games?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Futaba Anzu posted:

are pegasus knights as loving busted in this game as they are in the base games?

Not really. They're limited to 2 Move, and while Flying is nice, bow users will pretty much 2HKO them. Wyvern Riders like Beruka seem much better, since they're a lot sturdier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Does the ! mean its a new unit?

Yes.

ApplesandOranges posted:

So I figured that I'm getting close to 20 orbs, so I'll just burn my stamina potion and if I don't get anything good, I'll just reroll, no major loss.

YUP, I'm sticking with this.

I'm so jealous I want Hector so bad.