Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/827173233153699840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Helsing posted:

You guys are acting like the American left has the organization, energy or institutional connections to actually suppress anything. From an outside perspective it looks more like an aggrieved person getting really drunk and then picking a bar fight they are unlikely to win.

I can't wait to see chancellors folding like soggy cardboard once Trump starts threatening to pull federal funding.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the only way to lose the fight is to not fight at all, comrades

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/DiamondandSilk/status/827199323943219200

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lol he mad

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/WayneDupreeShow/status/827132409510502400

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the fact that it makes Donald Trump furious should be all the reason you need to shut Milo events down

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/827127427264425984

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

fascists should take note what's going to happen for being fascists, yes

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/827175592743284736

Antifas has lost George Takei.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh my

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also, someone should tell all these pearl clutchers that according to the president white people can't be terrorists

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

QUISLING MOTHERFUCKERS
PEACEFUL PROTEST PROTECTS THE STATE

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
heres my basic point - milo desperately wants to be punched in the face, and lots of people want to punch him in the face. so it seems to be a win-win if he gets punched in the face. everybody goes home happy.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Milo goes home happy, UCs get defunded, agree it's a win-win

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Gringostar posted:

also, someone should tell all these pearl clutchers that according to the president white people can't be terrorists

Pretty sure Antifas are going to be declared terrorists sooner rather than later.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Pretty sure Antifas are going to be declared terrorists sooner rather than later.

yup

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

call to action posted:

Milo goes home happy, UCs get defunded, agree it's a win-win

UCs are getting defunded anyway because California is making it a habit to tell Donny to gently caress off, but hey keep throwing yourself on the mercy of the autocrat, maybe itll work out this time

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lmfao jesus christ their website is a nightmare to navigate

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Helsing posted:

You guys are acting like the American left has the organization, energy or institutional connections to actually suppress anything. From an outside perspective it looks more like an aggrieved person getting really drunk and then picking a bar fight they are unlikely to win.
Yeah, and I don't doubt FOX and friends aren't going to have a field with this, they're gonna squeeze it for all its worth.

Thing is, from an inside perspective, that drunk is gonna get knifed by the guy he's "picking" a fight with, the first chance the other guy gets.

There is no 'good' choice here.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

UCs are getting defunded anyway because California is making it a habit to tell Donny to gently caress off, but hey keep throwing yourself on the mercy of the autocrat, maybe itll work out this time

That's kinda the thing with autocrats, it doesn't really matter if you oppose them or not. And it won't be me pleading mercy to Trump, it'll be various university chancellors in blue states.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

who the gently caress needs a game guide for halo???

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/827222363364347904
https://twitter.com/bitcoin_tycoon/status/827222557543821312

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/TwitterMoments/status/827174308640206848

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

call to action posted:

No, I get it, I'm not saying people shouldn't punch Nazis. Go for it. I just wonder what the media narrative is gonna be - you know they're gonna play it as both-sides-are-bad.

Though then again, media narrative doesn't mean a goddamn thing these days.

There could be a video of redcaps executing black bagged trans people on their knees and CNN would be hosting a panel on what they did to provoke them.

They're gonna play the both-sides-are-bad thing regardless, we might as well oblige them.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/827218537689260033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

my stance is still gently caress pelosi, but good on her

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Montasque posted:

the problem here is you have civilians w/out a uniform as the enemy so all you're going to do is galvanize people against you for just loving up random folks

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the problem here is you have civilians w/out a uniform as the enemy so all you're going to do is galvanize people against you for just loving up random folks nazis

FTFY

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I do think though it's genuinely very important that the left and the antifa start coopting and twisting the alt rights language, like, asap

The Nazis are getting as far as they are because in part, they've defined the language of this conflict while everyone else say back and let them do it. They've claimed the words like Free Speech, Oppression, etc and they've started trying to claim Fascism as well as a result of the protests, and the important thing is to start pushing back on those terms as well. Twist their language against them while you still can, mock them for wanting safe spaces, etc. You get the drill. Some people are already doing it but everyone needs to get in on it to deny them the terms of the debate.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lmbo get hosed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i think you'll find antifa action against nazis is EXACTLY the same as if the government declared martial law and started loving up random civilians

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
so i missread that and thought you were talking about antifa being the one who is loving up random civilians, and the government's response galvanizing people against them because antifa was only loving up nazis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

same.

paranoid randroid posted:

heres my basic point - milo desperately wants to be punched in the face, and lots of people want to punch him in the face. so it seems to be a win-win if he gets punched in the face. everybody goes home happy.

this. he is a troll with lovely beliefs and he revels in this poo poo happening. i am not even against bashing the fash, but milo and scum like him arn't worth it. he wants to get his loving arm or face broken so he can start his own victim money circut just like some libs have been doing for the past few years, and then spew his bullshit with a nice victim badge on.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

If someone bashed Milo bet your rear end he would play up the fact he's a gay "Jew".

I'm most likely more Jewish than that gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

If someone bashed Milo bet your rear end he would play up the fact he's a gay "Jew".

I'm most likely more Jewish than that gently caress.

I thought he was catholic?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

milo is whatever he wants to be at whatever moment because he's a narcissist

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Seriously, milo going mainstream is good. We want the opposition's thought leaders to be complete mediocrities.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I thought he was catholic?

He says his mom was Jewish, and that he converted to Catholicism later in life.

Who knows if any of that is true, for all we know he's also straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

reminder that this is what he looked like like... 2 years ago