Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
update notes here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/90240/game-update-2-1-2017#latest

including what everyone's been asking for: zeta ability for first order stormtrooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh drat they're buffing a few of the first order guys!

And Darth Nihilus oh snap!

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
I'm very underwhelmed with the update to Kylo Ren. I was really hoping FO would become significantly less sucky, not marginally less sucky.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
All of the fo toons got changes to their abilities and omegas.

Officer can now pick his friendly and on omega, double cleanse.

Fotp gets an offensive dispell

But yeah, nothing here is OP, so it will all still suck compared to chaise rebs and empire.

Maybe it shines with phasmas zeta leader

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Side tangent.

So with Darth Nihilus being in the game does that make him canon? Or has he been mentioned else where in the new canon?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

Side tangent.

So with Darth Nihilus being in the game does that make him canon? Or has he been mentioned else where in the new canon?

This game is technically outside of canon, but they've been unclear on what they can and can't use. HK 47 hasn't been canonized either. I'm expecting they've been given the go ahead on a few characters that will eventually become canon, but this game is no guarantee on that.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
FO Trooper can TAUNT NOW? is the world ending?

Malgrin posted:

This game is technically outside of canon, but they've been unclear on what they can and can't use. HK 47 hasn't been canonized either. I'm expecting they've been given the go ahead on a few characters that will eventually become canon, but this game is no guarantee on that.

an EA rep confirmed that they are allowed to use any KOTOR era stuff, otherwise they gotta stick to hard canon.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

an EA rep confirmed that they are allowed to use any KOTOR era stuff, otherwise they gotta stick to hard canon.

Oh nice, I missed that. I hope they canonize KOTOR.

I really need to go back and play that game again...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pyronic posted:

Hopefully that also includes SWOTOR, because that poo poo has some good characters.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Jc looks a lot like that hermit jedi from kotor. I always wondered if they based that character on him.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

What do y'all think of that new ship data card pack..

If I already have 25 tie advanced shards toward unlocking it and it gives me tie advanced will I still have the leftover 25 towards 5*?

Also... is that pack just great big whale bait... I don't mind buying more crystals but if they'd be better spent on refreshes and shop gear/mods then I don't wanna waste 3000 of 'em on a ship that's not even going to help me in the long run.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Danzel Glovington posted:

If I already have 25 tie advanced shards toward unlocking it and it gives me tie advanced will I still have the leftover 25 towards 5*?

Also... is that pack just great big whale bait... I don't mind buying more crystals but if they'd be better spent on refreshes and shop gear/mods then I don't wanna waste 3000 of 'em on a ship that's not even going to help me in the long run.

I think I'd hold off for a bit. Shoretrooper is barely farmable (but you could whale from shipments as a long-term project) and who knows when/how we'll get access to Deathtrooper shards. Tie Advance is nice, and Vader is easier to farm up, but I don't know if it's worth it for a 50/50. I think I'd rather have a furnace and a droid caller than a ship I can't get more shards for.

Definitely wouldn't get more than one pack if that's even an option. Can't imagine paying 3k crystals for 8 mixed ship shards and some leftover junk.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Oh thank gently caress

CG something or other on the new Sith dude:
I can't give details yet but I can say this is NOT a tournament. I guess the teaser wasn't clear enough :P

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Danzel Glovington posted:

Zone of Danger posted:

I think I'd hold off for a bit. Shoretrooper is barely farmable (but you could whale from shipments as a long-term project) and who knows when/how we'll get access to Deathtrooper shards. Tie Advance is nice, and Vader is easier to farm up, but I don't know if it's worth it for a 50/50. I think I'd rather have a furnace and a droid caller than a ship I can't get more shards for.

Definitely wouldn't get more than one pack if that's even an option. Can't imagine paying 3k crystals for 8 mixed ship shards and some leftover junk.

Honestly, if you've got the crystals, the first purchase is pretty great. Unlocking Vader or taking him from 4 to 5* is pretty freaking valuable. Alternatively, getting reaper is pretty phenomenal. It sounds like it's more 80:20 for Vader, so if that's what you want, it's a good deal, and we don't know when he'll be farmable.

Don't buy one after the second. Several whales have, and have gotten 10+ 4 shards of each, so the chances of getting 25 is incredibly slim, and 8 shards for 3k shards? Come the gently caress on.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Honestly, if you've got the crystals, the first purchase is pretty great. Unlocking Vader or taking him from 4 to 5* is pretty freaking valuable. Alternatively, getting reaper is pretty phenomenal. It sounds like it's more 80:20 for Vader, so if that's what you want, it's a good deal, and we don't know when he'll be farmable.

Don't buy one after the second. Several whales have, and have gotten 10+ 4 shards of each, so the chances of getting 25 is incredibly slim, and 8 shards for 3k shards? Come the gently caress on.

I decided to be dumb and bought the pack, hoping for the Tie Advanced. Got the Reaper, instead :(. Seems like a really goddamn strong ship, though. Annoying that I can't improve it at all right now, though.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

Jc looks a lot like that hermit jedi from kotor. I always wondered if they based that character on him.

My enjoyment of using JC just went to a whole new level after seeing this connection.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

My enjoyment of using JC just went to a whole new level after seeing this connection.

Not mine. JC is super fuckin' weak.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Never seen the use of JC after I picked up Lumi.

I finally breached 800 ranks in arena (after sitting around 1300 for a while) in time for yesterday's payout, with my team of 5-6 star mid-70s losers. Feels good!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I used him to unlock Yoda and I've never used him since.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chilichimp posted:

Not mine. JC is super fuckin' weak.

I would argue he's worth it for ship battles.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cidrick posted:

I would argue he's worth it for ship battles.

True, he has proven to be very strong in ship battles.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

iGestalt posted:

I decided to be dumb and bought the pack, hoping for the Tie Advanced. Got the Reaper, instead :(. Seems like a really goddamn strong ship, though. Annoying that I can't improve it at all right now, though.

I splurged for the big mamma jamma crystal vault and luckily got Tie Advanced 80 blueprints from the pack. I'm not planning to purchase a second... I kind of hope there's some magic way to get the thing to 5* some day, but it will still be one of my top ships for quite a long time.

I'm still lvl 75 so as far as zetas go, I have some leeway for collecting ships, so even if I can never get the Vader TIE to 5, using it in fleet battles will still be a nice way to play the game while I build some other ships towards that goal. Overall glad I used the 2999 on the pack and I'm very excited to get some higher priced refreshes to quickly boost my guys and user level quicker.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I place top 10 every day in ship arena, so I don't really need or care to waste the 3k gems on a chance at TIE Advanced, even though it would make my Biggs target lock stack better.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How in the gently caress does a person beat the second stage of the level 80 Special Operations event running today?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

How in the gently caress does a person beat the second stage of the level 80 Special Operations event running today?

Dunno, I gave up cause I could hardly make it out of the 1st stage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

I ran empire toons on auto

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I also ran empire toons, but mine aren't modded and GXI, so I had to actually try.

I managed it only losing my Royal Guard.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah EP's aoe stun + TFP's aoe buff immunity + Boba's aoe ability block did the trick.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Same. Emp, Veers, Snowtrooper, Death Trooper, TFP.

I am kinda getting bored of Empire but the faction is so effective and has such a great synergy :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Estimated cost to 7* a Reaper: $1408. On the plus side, you'll also get a 7* Advanced Tie, so it's only really $704 per ship.

Here's what a whale theorycrafter thinks:

Meta feb2017 alert (I believe)
Rex Krooper + 2
The 2 being combination of
Kylo, GK, bariss
well moded, Kylo could go up to 75% damage mitigation with 4 dot and suffering 2 hits between turns. So he could just be silly... Haven't tested enough. Primary inclination is Zariss would be better, but Kylo doesn't need zeta and is more offensive so if it works with Kylo cause Zariss 3rd cleanser is overkill... Then it's perfect. That's why I believe its a combination of 2 out of those 3

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 2, 2017

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Estimated cost to 7* a Reaper: $1408. On the plus side, you'll also get a 7* Advanced Tie, so it's only really $704 per ship.

Here's what a whale theorycrafter thinks:

Meta feb2017 alert (I believe)
Rex Krooper + 2
The 2 being combination of
Kylo, GK, bariss
well moded, Kylo could go up to 75% damage mitigation with 4 dot and suffering 2 hits between turns. So he could just be silly... Haven't tested enough. Primary inclination is Zariss would be better, but Kylo doesn't need zeta and is more offensive so if it works with Kylo cause Zariss 3rd cleanser is overkill... Then it's perfect. That's why I believe its a combination of 2 out of those 3

Do the whales think Vader is still worth zetaing if Kylo is going to become part of the meta or should I start thinking about someone else?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Whitey Snipes posted:

Do the whales think Vader is still worth zetaing if Kylo is going to become part of the meta or should I start thinking about someone else?

Kylo's zeta is not very good. It's pretty sweet that he regains protection, but it's on a 3 turn cd. I think the best two zetas right now are Vader and Barriss. I think that if you're planning to do Zarriss and zDT, you really need GK to seal the team. Crit is going to be a huge part of the new meta, so you need the anti-crit synergy of Rex, GK, and Zarriss to really work. I think Zader, Zid, Krooper, +1 tank is still going to be really, really strong. Zader should still hold its own with its current iteration too, not to mention Zader gives you an easy Rancor solo team, plus huge damage in P2 and P4 aat. I'm planning on eventually going the Rex, Zarriss, zDT route, but I think I'll do Zader first just to help in arena until I have all that put together -- going to take awhile to get GK, DT, and DK to G10, especially if droid callers keep not dropping from Rancor...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

$1400 psh. Totally would rather have two spaceships than a new gaming pee cee.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

waah posted:

$1400 psh. Totally would rather have two spaceships than a new gaming pee cee.

We've been tricked into playing the beta for Star Citizen, I guess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I recently purged my ally list of all low-level poo poo so I could stock up on active 85's.

I have 4 spots remaining if anyone needs a high level friend: 469-134-913

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Kylo's zeta is not very good. It's pretty sweet that he regains protection, but it's on a 3 turn cd. I think the best two zetas right now are Vader and Barriss. I think that if you're planning to do Zarriss and zDT, you really need GK to seal the team. Crit is going to be a huge part of the new meta, so you need the anti-crit synergy of Rex, GK, and Zarriss to really work. I think Zader, Zid, Krooper, +1 tank is still going to be really, really strong. Zader should still hold its own with its current iteration too, not to mention Zader gives you an easy Rancor solo team, plus huge damage in P2 and P4 aat. I'm planning on eventually going the Rex, Zarriss, zDT route, but I think I'll do Zader first just to help in arena until I have all that put together -- going to take awhile to get GK, DT, and DK to G10, especially if droid callers keep not dropping from Rancor...

What is the empire rancor team? I am close to my Zader and would really like to have a good rancor team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

What is the empire rancor team? I am close to my Zader and would really like to have a good rancor team.

There's a bunch of wiggle room, but the key ingredients are Zader, EP, and TFP. You don't even really need tenacity down because Zader's 50% to do -25% TM is not resistable, but TFP does great damage and is empire. If you have Jyn, you can run her and Bistan. If you have Rex or QGJ, they go well with this team. Some people are just running Empire/Sith though. Tarkin is being used by some people because he does offense down, and has an aoe that has a 45% chance to remove 70% TM, on top of the Zader proc. For the final slots, you can run any of the other Empire toons, but none of them are going to add much damage to anything, so a lot of people run Sidious or Maul (or both). Demoralizing Blows, with omega, adds up to 4 DoTs, so stacks well with Zader. Maul is nice because of stacking health, and also Power of Hatred gets pretty OP.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

QGJ hasn't had a raid running in a while and guild chat is getting restless.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just saw a video posted (in TI) that had Zader, Zid, ZDT, DK, EP, vs zMaul, Vader, EP, GK, B2. Krooper are pretty insane.

Also, someone else just posted this. Guess FO aren't worth giving up on after all
"Just an update....So been running the First Order Team in Arena…Only Zeta is on Phasma, and FOO and Kylo still have a gear level to go up to, and still playing around with MOD configurations..At first I was like ohh crap what I do, this Sucks..but then I started to understand my long lost Pals.. I think once I Zeta the rest and figure out best Mod Configurations, #1 will be no problem..They are such a better team now…I am VERY happy with the RE-Work.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Zone of Danger posted:

for what it's worth, my 4* TA has my second highest combat power with a 6* T9 Vader after my 6^ Wedge Ship with 7* T10 Wedge, and that means it's above my Biggs X-Wing. His passive (enemy ships get re-targetlocked when they lose targetlock) is baller with Wiggs - I'm running him, Wedge, Biggs, Fives, and Boba Fett as my starters with Ahsko Tano, JC, and Bistan's U Wing as my backup and Mace as my cap ship. I'm level 82, and can regularly get into the top 5 on my shard before I hit the "all 7* ships including Cassions U-Wing, Millenium Falcon, and Vaders TA" wall.