Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

TotalLossBrain posted:

lmao Trump is mad that Milo didn't get to give his Berkeley (?) speech. Now he's threatening to pull federal funds from the school (over Twitter, of course)
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
first amendment lol

https://twitter.com/ReutersTV/status/822566729964470272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i wonder what effect trump will have on presidents in movies, imthinking nixon style drunk belligerent crooks will be making a comeback

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lmao

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lolling so hard now. Former norwegian prime minister Bondevik got detained at Dulles airport because he had an iranian stamp in his passport.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Yea but that is literally fascism.

Eh there's a lot more to fascism than just that.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It's very frustrating that Trump's got such thin skin that he'll lash out at the pettiest thing, while the fact that he's going to go down in history as the worst president will be met with him shrugging and blaming various people and events.

It's not fair that he get's to suffer from a personality disorder that prevents him from actually being humiliated.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Attitude Indicator posted:

Lolling so hard now. Former norwegian prime minister Bondevik got detained at Dulles airport because he had an iranian stamp in his passport.

the dumb thing is that Trump would just defend it as more "extreme vetting"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

It's very frustrating that Trump's got such thin skin that he'll lash out at the pettiest thing, while the fact that he's going to go down in history as the worst president will be met with him shrugging and blaming various people and events.

It's not fair that he get's to suffer from a personality disorder that prevents him from actually being humiliated.

Idk according to leaks from his aides (prolly should take em with a grain of salt though) he's raging behind closed doors when the media calls him out on something or whatever.

which is lol a f

Attitude Indicator posted:

l m a o

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

Idk according to leaks from his aides (prolly should take em with a grain of salt though) he's raging behind closed doors when the media calls him out on something or whatever.

which is lol a f

explains why he'd want full control over which reporters get to do their job at the white house

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump is an incredibly sad, lonely person so you can bet some of the criticisms against him are weighing on him.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

XMNN posted:

i wonder what effect trump will have on presidents in movies, imthinking nixon style drunk belligerent crooks will be making a comeback

And I thought the Robot-Nixon of Futurama was out there. But here we are, Trump is outdoing Robot-Nixon at every turn. I bet he won't even meet the hippies half-way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
watching designated survivor after trump became president was funny

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
jose youve been dugged

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Let's start a war!

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/02/trump-administration-just-told-huge-lie-start-war-iran-pentagon-responds/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont think melania is there to console trump late at night

CNN had a story about how nobody in the media has even seen her since inauguration day

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

thathonkey posted:

i dont think melania is there to console trump late at night

CNN had a story about how nobody in the media has even seen her since inauguration day

What? A super hot model isn't interested in the disgusting orange slob?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827118012784373760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

millions of people are going to die and every moment of it is going to be live tweeted by the orange racist reality star they made president of the united states lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that gif of her smile insta changing to grimace as soon as he turns around on inauguration day is super telling

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

XMNN posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827118012784373760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

millions of people are going to die and every moment of it is going to be live tweeted by the orange racist reality star they made president of the united states lol

but make no mistake about it: they hate us for our freedoms

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i wonder what trump thinks is a good deal between the worlds richest and most powerful nation by far and iran? they give us all their money, hottest virgins and they kill all the terrorists we ask and in return we agree not to blow them up?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

thathonkey posted:

i wonder what trump thinks is a good deal between the worlds richest and most powerful nation by far and iran? they give us all their money, hottest virgins and they kill all the terrorists we ask and in return we agree not to blow them up?

yes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yea though I wander through the valley of the shadow of Lol's

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

thathonkey posted:

#MAGA

And they'll like it!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I don't think Trump is going to let there be another election.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Minimalist Program posted:

I don't think Trump is going to let there be another election.

lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

look at this

https://twitter.com/samueloakford/status/826518487107563520/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

what a strange day

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
"Well, this sure is awkward* - me, having been invited to play at the Trump 48th Year Presidency Celebration and showing up with my "this machine kills facists" acoustic.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
steve bannon will be our next president somehow just watch

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

wow theyre moving fast with this iran war thing we could have troops on the ground by april they already have manufactured a gulf of tonkin incident

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
According to the local news agency PressTV, the Central Bank of Iran is seeking to replace the dollar with a new common foreign currency or use a basket of currencies in all official financial and foreign exchange reports.

The governor Valiollah Seif said it would come into force in the new financial year starting March 21, 2017.

The agency quotes Seif recommending using currencies with a “high degree of stability.”

The decision comes after President Trump temporarily banned citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen from entering the US.

After Trump’s election, the Iranian rial saw record lows against the dollar. On December 27 it plunged to its all-time low of 41,600 rials to the dollar.

lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lime Tonics posted:

According to the local news agency PressTV, the Central Bank of Iran is seeking to replace the dollar with a new common foreign currency or use a basket of currencies in all official financial and foreign exchange reports.

The governor Valiollah Seif said it would come into force in the new financial year starting March 21, 2017.

The agency quotes Seif recommending using currencies with a “high degree of stability.”

The decision comes after President Trump temporarily banned citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen from entering the US.

After Trump’s election, the Iranian rial saw record lows against the dollar. On December 27 it plunged to its all-time low of 41,600 rials to the dollar.

lol

Investors knew.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i feel bad for john kerry lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sanctions are beginning to lift off Russia lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Investors knew.

President Trump's nominee to be the nation's top health official introduced legislation last May that benefited a health company he had recently invested in.

The $15,000 purchase of shares in McKesson is but the latest financial action raising questions about possible conflicts of interest during the confirmation battle over Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga. The orthopedic surgeon was approved by the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday and his nomination will soon be voted on by the full Senate.

Price introduced the Patient Access to Durable Medical Equipment Act on May 12, a week after McKesson warned in its annual report to stockholders that its profits and those of its clients were at risk because of cuts faced in Medicare payments. Price's stockbroker informed him of the purchase in early April, according to a report Price submitted to the House.

Price's bill reversed cuts in reimbursement to makers of home medical beds and other equipment. McKesson, which bills itself as the oldest and largest health care company in the world, distributes drugs, medical supplies and equipment including beds and lifts for homes.

Price's nomination was already being opposed by several Democratic senators over other health care company investments, and at least two members of Congress have asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate. Democratic members of the finance panel boycotted Wednesday's vote in part to protest Trump's immigration order last weekend.

Since 2012, Price has traded shares worth more than $300,000 in about 40 health-related companies, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis. At the same time, Price was on the House Ways and Means Committee’s subcommittee on health working on measures that could affect his investments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/02/hhs-nominee-tom-price-bought-stock-then-authored-bill-benefiting-company/97337838/

this presidency is about making as much money as you can before the world ends i suspect.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Sanctions are beginning to lift off Russia lol

it is a mad mad world

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20170202_33.aspx

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Can we not go to war with Iran?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i mean i dont want to go to war with russia either for sure but lol at dropping sanctions against russia so fast while simultaneously stoking the flames of war with iran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao at going to war against Iran for basically no reason