Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"Quirky, impulsive, goofy... Her jokes don't land....people roll their eyes at her...Spontaneous and authentic"

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Pattonesque posted:

also her profile's up:

https://www.masseffect.com/news/peebee?setLocale=en-us

More like Penisarea For’Sayle :quagmire:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm gonna call her PB & Say.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I don't really get why people are quick to compare Peebee with Sera. Peebee sounds more like a thrill seeker than what Sera is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm gonna wait a few weeks for spoilers to see if she is killable. Then I will make sure she dies.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

SgtSteel91 posted:

I don't really get why people are quick to compare Peebee with Sera. Peebee sounds more like a thrill seeker than what Sera is.

pre-release, any Bioware character that makes jokes is Sera

any Bioware character that doesn't is boring, dull, lifeless

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So if I'm understanding her profile right, she wasn't invited on this little shindig, and is instead a stowaway.

By the way, Mike Gamble has pointed out that heart icons dialogue choices and flirting choices are separate. You can hit on team mates without initiating actual romantic gestures.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 2, 2017

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I cannot for the life of me think of the game, but I remember a few years ago a developer was showing off a new character and said something like "OMG she's so adorbs, watching her walk makes me squee" and the gaming community was very upset that their Serious Video Games were being described this way. I thought it was one of the Mass Effects but couldn't find anything, so maybe I imagined the whole thing.

Anyway that's kinda the vibe I'm getting here.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure that's just referring to how dialogue choices are divided up heart/head and I think professional/unprofessional. Heart just refers to a passionate response as opposed to a thoughtful 'head' response.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We'll know how the gaming community feels once they figure out which party member's sweat tastes most like despair.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

So if I'm understanding her profile right, she wasn't invited on this little shindig, and is instead a stowaway.

By the way, Mike Gamble has pointed out that heart icons dialogue choices and flirting choices are separate. You can hit on team mates without initiating actual romantic gestures.

I can finally sexually harass my subordinates without having to worry about them thinking I actually care.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

I cannot for the life of me think of the game, but I remember a few years ago a developer was showing off a new character and said something like "OMG she's so adorbs, watching her walk makes me squee" and the gaming community was very upset that their Serious Video Games were being described this way. I thought it was one of the Mass Effects but couldn't find anything, so maybe I imagined the whole thing.

I wanna say this was Dragon Age 2 and they were talking about Merrill?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am 95 to 99% sure that was Dragon Age 2. The writer of Isabela talking to the writer of Merrill and saying she wants to "nom her head," to which Merrill writer said "No."

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

can I be upset that an adult human person strung those words together, regardless of the topic

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Zelder posted:

can I be upset that an adult human person strung those words together, regardless of the topic

IIRC the reaction to the (dumb) thing at the time was several weeks long and utterly unhinged

so yeah totally but you know, don't be that guy

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hobo Clown posted:

video games are pretty serious and never cute.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pattonesque posted:

I wanna say this was Dragon Age 2 and they were talking about Merrill?

I am 95 to 99% sure that was Dragon Age 2. The writer of Isabela talking to the writer of Merrill and saying she wants to "nom her head," to which Merrill writer said "No."

That's it! Thank you, I thought I was going crazy.

It was "gigglesquee" rather than "squee" which is why my google was failing me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If Mass Effect doesn't make you gigglesquee from time to time then why the hell are you playing videogames

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

If Mass Effect doesn't make you gigglesquee from time to time then why the hell are you playing videogames

I fell into a Youtube hole and watched some Mass Effect Andromeda trailer reaction videos. Most were fake as hell but they still made me realize what a bitter shell of a human being I've become.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Yeah the "gigglesquee" thing caused quite a stir in the DA2 pre-release thread around here.

and saying she wants to "nom her head,"

That too.

The "watching her walk" part was someone on the dev team talking about how sexy they thought the female main character's walking animation was.

Basically, DA2 was made by DeviantArt.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hedrigall posted:

To lick the sweat from their disgustingly rank environmental suits duh

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Latest rumor is Peebee's real first name "Pelessaria" translates to "daughter of Aria." If so, lol.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I like shooting/stabbing aliens/orc equivalents with my space/fantasybros and then going back to my character's sweet spaceship/castle and asking them how they felt about it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Latest rumor is Peebee's real first name "Pelessaria" translates to "daughter of Aria." If so, lol.

At this rate Ryder is going to be Shepard's cousin twice removed.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Mass Effect: Muppet Babies

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Little girl rebelling against her badass mobster mother by being friendly and outgoing?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kai Leng killed Arias daughter. Doesn't mean she couldn't have another, but seeing that she hadn't had another one during ME3/Omega, then she is not related. Unless they are just going to retroactively change canon.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Sounds entirely like something some fan pulled out of their rear end.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

IIRC the reaction to the (dumb) thing at the time was several weeks long and utterly unhinged

so yeah totally but you know, don't be that guy

don't tell me how to grieve

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'll lay it out for you. Sera was an insufferable character with wacky /zany humour designed to appeal to a degenerate subsection of gamers who would preferably not exist.

Bioware is obviously courting this demographic, and there's little reason to think PeeBee will be far removed from their last attempt. Maybe she will, but I doubt it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Gigglesquee also ended up in the best DA2 LP's name so I'm glad the expression was delievered by our Biowarian gods.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Well, if Aria was your mom you'd probably stowaway on a ship bound for another galaxy too tbh.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobo Clown posted:

Dragon Age 2

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walrus Pete posted:

Yeah the "gigglesquee" thing caused quite a stir in the DA2 pre-release thread around here.

That too.

The "watching her walk" part was someone on the dev team talking about how sexy they thought the female main character's walking animation was.

Basically, DA2 was made by DeviantArt.

MRRRROW

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'll admit it: I'm probably going to gigglesquee while playing Mass Effect: Andromeda

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Milky Moor posted:

Her posture seems weird.

I for one am glad ankylosing spondilitis is finally represented in my videogames.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is this game out yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Gigglesqueebee

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Kai Leng killed Arias daughter. Doesn't mean she couldn't have another, but seeing that she hadn't had another one during ME3/Omega, then she is not related. Unless they are just going to retroactively change canon.

What if Aria was Peebee's...dad!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All my friends are getting killed in ME3 :(