Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave thinks Cena could propose after he and Nikki win her last match :3

I might actually cry if that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

Nakamura is off the tapings to sell his knee almost getting ripped off in the title match.

So he doesn't have a match at the TakeOver before WrestleMania because he's selling. Seems a bit overboard to me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

VJeff posted:

So he doesn't have a match at the TakeOver before WrestleMania because he's selling. Seems a bit overboard to me.

They didn't tape enough episodes to get all the way to mania

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Chances are if it's being reported on not only does Nikki know but she was proposed to already in private and they're just doing this to be filmed for Total Divas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

:agreed: Nakamura is off of a Takeover that's 8 weeks away because when they taped the next 4 weeks of TV, they left him off the TV.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He could very easily be in insert promos or vignettes that weren't shown to the Full Sail crowd.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

quote:

NXT Champion Bobby Roode comes out for his glorious championship celebration. He says Shinsuke Nakamura dominated the world until he met Bobby Roode. It's no longer we are NXT, it's my NXT - Bobby Roode's NXT

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

hell I'd wear it.

And I think we all remember how well the last "keep Nakamura off TV for a month" angle worked out, and how it definitely did not kick off a wave of fan malaise that still has not subsided.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

When I saw that shirt on sale for like 4 bucks at the TNA shop I almost bought it.

I'm also really REALLY strongly debating buying the Kurt Angle TNA Hall of Fame shirt. Sweet irony.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

hell I'd wear it.

And I think we all remember how well the last "keep Nakamura off TV for a month" angle worked out, and how it definitely did not kick off a wave of fan malaise that still has not subsided.

eh, Samoa Joe beating everyone one up and demanding Regal bring him Nakamura was the highlight of last year in NXT that didn't involve DIY or The Revival.

And I think the fan malaise started well before that. I'd point to the weeks of meaningless shows taped in Houston where literally no stories were advanced as the turning point. That and keeping the Joe/Balor story stretching across three Takeovers (four if you count Rival) and half a year. At least they seem to have learned their lesson and are giving Roode a new challenger instead of giving us six months of endless rematches while everyone else spins their wheels.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 3, 2017

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why is Roddy suddenly a babyface for no apparent reason, that's dumb

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bradzilla posted:

I uh, don't think it would be a kayfabe proposal is the idea

I mean more in the sense of like Nikki has been waiting for Cena to poo poo or get off the pot for years. I dunno it just seems weird you have Dave Meltzer of all people saying when someone should pop the question and essentially making it some weird quasi angle when it's their personal lives stuff. But hey I marked when Savage asked Elizabeth to marry him. God that ended terribly. :smith: Oh well at least this way if Cena does pop the question after the match, Samoa Joe can do a run in knock Cena out and kidnap Nikki holding her hostage at the top of the scaffolding and Cena must then scale it while avoiding barrels Joe throws down at him. :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love that the 4 guys I most want to see from the UK tournament are getting NXT matches now. Bate, Dunne, Andrews, and Seven are all really fun to watch.

Chris James 2 posted:

I kinda expect them to come up on the post-Mania SD like I expect Nakamura on the post-Mania Raw

If they don't show up that week then lol, they're stuck in NXT till Summerslam

Don't forget that there will be a 2017 Draft. It's usually in June or July, so I'd expect them called up in the Draft if it's not the post-Mania Raw/SD.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Are they going to redo the entire draft, or will it just be a supplemental draft for new NXT folks and trades and the like?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Venomous posted:

Are they going to redo the entire draft, or will it just be a supplemental draft for new NXT folks and trades and the like?

They usually have 4/5 major changes during the show then they'll probably move other people around on wwe.com or a network show now. And a few NXT people will be sprinkled in.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Owens needs to refuse to be squashed by Goldberg. It's what Goldberg or Lesnar would have done in their time. He can lose, fine, but if he's squashed he'll never be credible.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
eh, nikki should just lose in a big championship match with Becky, put Becky over big in a post match interview to announce her retirement, start to look absolutely crushed and start to limp out of the ring, and then John comes to help her out of the building, and pops the question to her then. I want to see Nikki put one last hoss preformance rather than a bad WWE mixed tag, and that's just more soap opera-y and so we could get Cena in a singles match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why is Roddy suddenly a babyface for no apparent reason, that's dumb
He was always kind of a babyface in NXT after Aries got injured

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when are we going to see Alestier "Tommy End" "Satan" Black

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Hobo Clown posted:

The Bellas are both really good actresses though so I bet she could pull off being surprised

What.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He rilly fills that way

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Venomous posted:

I don't know, but I hope this year they at least throw in a sentence saying "NXT champions are not eligible to be drafted" or have William Regal protected picks or something to explain why RAW/SD is drafting The Drifter and Wesley Blake instead of Bobby Roode, The Revival, or Asuka.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kaveman posted:

Owens needs to refuse to be squashed by Goldberg. It's what Goldberg or Lesnar would have done in their time. He can lose, fine, but if he's squashed he'll never be credible.

I agree that it'd be a bad idea, but he wouldn't necessarily never be credible again. Rollins was booked as an even more nutty cowardly heel and he was squashed by Lesnar, and he became a credible top guy again later. Turning babyface helps and would help Owens out there, it'd pretty much be a seperate character from the cowardly heel stuff. Seems fans are used to those switches. But I agree he shouldn't get squashed, just because it wouldn't be good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
historically nobody who lost to goldberg ever really got hurt by it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alain Post posted:

What about Bret

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He got hurt before the loss happened, technically

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alain Post posted:

If you've had Hulk Hogan on top for that long, everyone who could be hurt by getting squashed already has been.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Tato posted:

I don't know, but I hope this year they at least throw in a sentence saying "NXT champions are not eligible to be drafted" or have William Regal protected picks or something to explain why RAW/SD is drafting The Drifter and Wesley Blake instead of Bobby Roode, The Revival, or Asuka.

Didn't the "draft" used to just be random picks? I don't know why they don't go that route again. At least it will stop making Smackdown leaders look like morons for making lovely picks. Hell, they could use it as a storyline point.

"Looks like Smackdown gets the shaft for the third year in a row! It's almost like there's some sort of... conspiracy."

*Mauro shifts his eyes from left to right suspiciously*

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

What about Bret

Bret never lost to Goldberg.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Bret never lost to Goldberg.

Only his career

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Only his career

Well maybe if his career were on the line instead of the WCW Title, you'd have a point. :colbert:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Didn't the "draft" used to just be random picks? I don't know why they don't go that route again. At least it will stop making Smackdown leaders look like morons for making lovely picks. Hell, they could use it as a storyline point.

"Looks like Smackdown gets the shaft for the third year in a row! It's almost like there's some sort of... conspiracy."

R-Truth's on Raw though...

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

3 A.M. Radio posted:

The original Vince and Flair draft operated pretty much just like the new brand split draft, except it was a top six followed by a lottery off-screen instead of a top ten. It was the yearly drafts afterward that were random lotteries, usually with cross-brand matches to determine who got a lottery pull.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

The original Vince and Flair draft operated pretty much just like the new brand split draft, except it was a top six followed by a lottery off-screen instead of a top ten. It was the yearly drafts afterward that were random lotteries, usually with cross-brand matches to determine who got a lottery pull.

Conveniently, Smackdown never got more picks than Raw.

And it led to fake 'surprises' like Cena being traded from one show to the other and then back again in the same hour.

I'd be much happier if any new draft was just NXT picks and a few scattered trades like Miz to Raw or Sami to Smackdown.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

And it led to fake 'surprises' like Cena being traded from one show to the other and then back again in the same hour.

That happened to open and close the show, so it was much longer than an hour!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sanguinia posted:

Midcarders? You know that Ambrose was #2 in the Rumble and wrestled Triple H for the title just before that match, and main evented multiple PPVs and many months of TV before he fought Brock right? Or were Rollins and Reigns also midcarders when they fought Brock?

The 70,0000 record breaking live audience of Wrestlemania 32 were behind Ambrose to win that match regardless of whatever percentage of the worldwide audience likes him and regardless of your opinion of his wrestling talents. Brock killing him and making him look like a jobber in a really lazy match where he took almost no punishment despite a street fight stip instead of at least making Dean look strong in a compelling close-fought match like he gave to Roman was a very clear flashpoint in the audience losing steam for Brock, and denying that is just denying the reality of smaller and smaller crowd reactions every time Brock has reappeared since then.

The Orton Match had plenty of heat because Randy had heat off a return from a long absence and all the RKO pop exploitation in the build. The match died because Brock wrestled a less quality and less interesting match compared to his past efforts when they expected him to step up against an opponent like Orton who is traditionally protected and allowed to look strong, just like he had to step up in the Cena rematch after the first squash.

There's a clear distinction between someone wrestling a style that allows for squash matches and someone wrestling lazy. Brock has been wrestling lazy for the last year, and its really easy to see because he wasn't wrestling lazy before that.

Dean-o, for all that I really enjoy him, is absolutely booked and treated as a midcarder.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'd say upper midcard. Could easily hang in the main event (as with his incredible matches against AJ) but he's best suited for matches towards the top of the card like his ones against KO and the Miz.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

I'd say upper midcard. Could easily hang in the main event (as with his incredible matches against AJ) but he's best suited for matches towards the top of the card like his ones against KO and the Miz.

Dean is like early-mid 2000's Jericho. Not on the level of Cena, Reigns, or Styles, but just below that. I'd argue KO is more of a midcarder than Dean, which is really damning for Raw.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean is like early-mid 2000's Jericho. Not on the level of Cena, Reigns, or Styles, but just below that. I'd argue KO is more of a midcarder than Dean, which is really damning for Raw.

KO is a heel champion, so yeah. He's literally incapable of beating anyone in a match. If he had to defend the title one on one against Titus he'd need Chris Jericho to save him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Marquis de Pyro posted:

KO is a heel champion, so yeah. He's literally incapable of beating anyone in a match. If he had to defend the title one on one against Titus he'd need Chris Jericho to save him

He can beat Sami Zayn clean. That's it.